Type keyword(s) to search

Green Arrow In Comics

Lantern7
  • Start Topic

But Batman/Catwoman just heavily flirted a lot and weren't ever actually together, were they? And Jean Gray/Cyclops had their own spinoff comic in the 90's but now have been broken up for years, and often shown not together (or if they're together, they're also interested in other people) in the movies and cartoons. My point is, "because comics!" is a really bad reason to justify why a comic-based couple are endgame, since there is no endgame in comics, as they go on continuously reboot all the time.

Jean/Scott was the OTP in the '90s X-Men animated series and even in the X-Men Evolution cartoon in the early 2000's. Anyone that knew of the X-Men knew about Jean/ Scott, although even when they were together, they flirted with other characters (Wolverine and Psylocke, respectively). I think they're probably the best comparison to GA/BC, because they're both well-known (but not iconic) couples in their respective universes, were together for a long time, were not actually the "perfect" pairings their fans want everyone to believe they were, and have been broken up for years in the comics.

I guess I use the word Iconic differently. To me for something to be iconic is has to be known by people who don't know the source material. If you have to be familiar with The X-Men in order to know that Jean/Scott are iconic, then IMO they're not iconic.

For instance, I have a co-worker who has never seen any Star Wars movie (crazy, right?) but he knows "use the force", that to me is iconic.

By my definition, GA/BC, Scott/Jean, etc aren't Iconic. Lois/Clark, Peter/Mary Jane might be the only real iconic comic pairings.

BTW if being together for a long time and having a team up book makes GA/bC iconic. Then GA/GL are even more so, longer pairing, and their team up book kind of reflected a generation

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 12

There's also the fact that even to the comic book industry, "iconic" is a whole lot more related to selling tie-in products, than a parameter that really influences storylines.

Just take a look at Lois & Clark. Namely one of the most recognizable couples, in any media, of all time, and contrast it with the fact that DC has been *for real* trying to make Superman/Wonder Woman happen for a couple of years now.

• Love 5

BTW- As someone who hated Jean/Scott and loves Scott/Emma I'm totally on board with comics ending long standing relationships and going for something new/different.

Back to GA comics, just read #40, glad they were able to give the story a proper ending. Liked how they ended it with Team Arrow continuing to fight for Seattle. Much better then the total FU Peter David did with the last X-Factor title.

• Love 1

I guess I use the word Iconic differently. To me for something to be iconic is has to be known by people who don't know the source material. If you have to be familiar with The X-Men in order to know that Jean/Scott are iconic, then IMO they're not iconic.

For instance, I have a co-worker who has never seen any Star Wars movie (crazy, right?) but he knows "use the force", that to me is iconic.

By my definition, GA/BC, Scott/Jean, etc aren't Iconic. Lois/Clark, Peter/Mary Jane might be the only real iconic comic pairings.

Oh, I'm definitely agreeing with you that neither Jean/Scott nor GA/BC are iconic pairings. I just think that of all the comparisons being made, they're the closest in fame level. It annoys me to no end when GA/BC are compared to Lois/ Clark and Peter/MJ. 

(One last bit re: Marvel pairings, I think Professor X/Magneto probably qualifies as an iconic couple)

• Love 1

Oh, I'm definitely agreeing with you that neither Jean/Scott nor GA/BC are iconic pairings. I just think that of all the comparisons being made, they're the closest in fame level. It annoys me to no end when GA/BC are compared to Lois/ Clark and Peter/MJ. 

(One last bit re: Marvel pairings, I think Professor X/Magneto probably qualifies as an iconic couple)

I love their bromance.

I was just going through my DC Knowledge. Between TV and cartoons, DC really has the TV market cornered. However, my first journy into DC comics was actually back in the 90s with the Dc vs Marvel crossover event. Did GA or BC make an appearance? I remember Jubes vs Robin (Jubilee is my favorite character) and Wolverine vs Lobo. I don't think GA made an appearance, maybe a background character but I don't remember him.

Honestly the whole comic argument applied to any element of the show makes me mad. You can't say Oliver and Laurel have to or will be together because of comics if you ignore the hundreds of other inconsistencies in the show. You can't say they belong together because they are the comic Green Arrow and Black Canary, if you ignore they are COMPLETELY different characters in this medium. Also, the canon argument goes both ways. Someone can say its canon because in this series they were together and got married and I can just as easily say its not canon because in this series they don't even know each other.

Comics are fluid universes that can be rewritten at a writers fancy. Nothing is set in stone. TV is different from Comics. I do not understand how the comic argument holds weight as fact. 

I get it was the original intention, and frankly I think that makes a better argument than 'comics,' but seriously…

Okay. Rant Over.

Here is how I see it: Retellings like Arrow usually start off very differently from the mythology they are based on, but as time goes on, they start to allign themselves more and more with the source material. So, it's the middle part (aka the journey) that has the most flexibility in terms of twists and changes, but the conclusion generally remains similar. Now, you are absolutely right that comic canon is more or less a mess because of the frequent rewrites and reboots, but there is a thing called detailed continuity, which encompasses the core elements of the hero's mythology that have stood the test of time. Those elements can be specific plot points or thematic ideas. In the case of Oliver Queen, some of those core elements would probably be his charm and wit, his fight for justice, his support of the working class and disadvantaged, and his unstable romantic life. He's a guy that doesn't settle down. Black Canary has been portrayed as the love of his life in various comic book incarnations, but even with her, he can't make it work long-term. He's a lot like Bruce Wayne in that regard. I always see fans wondering whether Oliver will end up with Felicity or Laurel, but IMO, they should at least consider the possibility that Oliver may not end up with either woman. Maybe he will end up alone and his son will turn out to be his number 1 priority.

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 1

but isn't the difference between Bruce and Oliver (at least used to before the relaunch) is that Bruce playboy persona is a real mask so no one will suspects his night time activities, while Oliver is an actual playboy and does enjoy that life style?

I remember reading something that somewhere.. probably wiki

• Love 1

but isn't the difference between Bruce and Oliver (at least used to before the relaunch) is that Bruce playboy persona is a real mask so no one will suspects his night time activities, while Oliver is an actual playboy and does enjoy that life style?

that is correct

I made this same argument over on the Flash forum, but to repeat here: my guess is that the producers are serious - they really don't have an endgame in mind because they have no idea how long this show will continue or whether or not various actors will want to stay on it.  Frankly, if the show ends in five years, we might get one endgame; if it continues for ten years, we might get another. It's extremely unusual for a long lived show (more than five years) to keep the original cast - the only exceptions I can think of are Friends, Frazier and The Simpsons.  (Frazier did change the dog, but I'm not counting that. Hank Azaria didn't join the the main cast until the second seasons of The Simpsons, but since the main cast has remained the same since, so I'm not counting that either.)

Arrow already hasn't - two of the original main cast members are already gone, and I think it's very unlikely that the show will stay with the current main cast for the rest of its run. Not because Arrow likes to kill cast members off (although that does seem to be true) but because unlike Friends and Frazier it's a low budget show, and unlike Simpsons it's an hour long action show. Which is why I twitch whenever anyone argues that Oliver/Felicity or Barry/Iris will be endgames of their respective shows: there's just too many outside factors playing here.  I don't think there's any guarantees that either EBR or Candice Patton will stick around for the full runs of their shows. They might. But they might not. 

• Love 6

Yes, Oliver is a bit of a playboy but even when he wants and tries to settle down, it still doesn't work out for him for one reason or another. When I compared Oliver to Bruce Wayne, I meant it in the sense that they are able to hold a group of heroes together (a quasi family of sorts), but can't settle down in their personal lives. They end up alone more often than not.

Edited by strikera0

I made this same argument over on the Flash forum, but to repeat here: my guess is that the producers are serious - they really don't have an endgame in mind because they have no idea how long this show will continue or whether or not various actors will want to stay on it.  Frankly, if the show ends in five years, we might get one endgame; if it continues for ten years, we might get another. It's extremely unusual for a long lived show (more than five years) to keep the original cast - the only exceptions I can think of are Friends, Frazier and The Simpsons.  (Frazier did change the dog, but I'm not counting that. Hank Azaria didn't join the the main cast until the second seasons of The Simpsons, but since the main cast has remained the same since, so I'm not counting that either.)

Arrow already hasn't - two of the original main cast members are already gone, and I think it's very unlikely that the show will stay with the current main cast for the rest of its run. Not because Arrow likes to kill cast members off (although that does seem to be true) but because unlike Friends and Frazier it's a low budget show, and unlike Simpsons it's an hour long action show. Which is why I twitch whenever anyone argues that Oliver/Felicity or Barry/Iris will be endgames of their respective shows: there's just too many outside factors playing here.  I don't think there's any guarantees that either EBR or Candice Patton will stick around for the full runs of their shows. They might. But they might not. 

Not to be sad or depressing, but even if the show has a plan and an endgame in sight, sometimes life also gets in the way. Glee is perfect example. Ryan Murphy had said in interviews that Rachel/Finn were part of their endgame, but with Cory Monteith's untimely & tragic death they had to regroup. Unfortunately, the show never quite recovered. Other shows have also addressed deaths but you're right that TV has too many outside factors that can influence the outcome of stories.

lemotomato - Jean/Scott and GA/BC probably are a very good comparison considering the pairings were used in cartoons and both were married in the comics.  And Morrigan, I think the X-men movies actually show exactly how canon Jean & Scott are. The movies love Logan who was in love with Jean, so you see it from his point-of-view but the director still wouldn't separate the pairing of Jean & Scott.  So much so that in Days of Future Past, when we see that Jean is alive we also see her standing right beside Scott.  Also, in every single X-men cartoon I have seen with my kids - Jean & Scott are central to it.

lemotomato - regarding Catwoman and Batman - it depends.  In Earth Two, Bruce Wayne and Selena Kyle marry and have a child who becomes Helena Wayne (the short-lived WB series Birds of Prey used this background for their Helena) or one version of Huntress.  In the New 52's comic line Earth's Finest, Helena Wayne from Earth 2 was Robin to her dad and described as someone who moved like Catwoman and Batman.  She and Earth's 2 Kara/Power Girl get transported to Earth 1 and Helena adopts the persona of Helena Bertanelli/Huntress as a disguise (since that Helena is dead in that comic line).

At least some cartoons and books (so I imagine comics must as well) have portrayed Catwoman/Selena and Batman/Bruce as being in love.  Others have different stories for Batman so I don't consider them canon, but certainly a fan favorite.  And I did know about Talia and Batman and Damian Wayne (yes again from cartoons lol - I have a 7 year old boy leave me alone!) but still forgot all about it in the last Nolan movie, so I felt rather stupid for not putting that all together much faster than I should have lol.

Of course if New 52 can kill Louis and put Superman and Wonderwoman together - I guess everything really is fair game. :)

Not to be sad or depressing, but even if the show has a plan and an endgame in sight, sometimes life also gets in the way. Glee is perfect example. Ryan Murphy had said in interviews that Rachel/Finn were part of their endgame, but with Cory Monteith's untimely & tragic death they had to regroup. Unfortunately, the show never quite recovered. Other shows have also addressed deaths but you're right that TV has too many outside factors that can influence the outcome of stories.

That sorta happened with The Simpsons, even, when Phil Hartman was tragically murdered; I just didn't count that since Hartman was always credited as a guest star.

To try to get this on a less depressing note - I think part of the deal with Scott and Jean is that they are the couple associated with the big Phoenix saga back in the 1980s - Wolverine was around and interested, but Jean was definitely with Scott at the time. But since the Phoenix saga was, for awhile, the X-Men story, I think that's kept Scott and Jean a focus in the films, despite Hugh Jackman.

• Love 1

That sorta happened with The Simpsons, even, when Phil Hartman was tragically murdered; I just didn't count that since Hartman was always credited as a guest star.

To try to get this on a less depressing note - I think part of the deal with Scott and Jean is that they are the couple associated with the big Phoenix saga back in the 1980s - Wolverine was around and interested, but Jean was definitely with Scott at the time. But since the Phoenix saga was, for awhile, the X-Men story, I think that's kept Scott and Jean a focus in the films, despite Hugh Jackman.

taking this to the superhero thread.

The whole Prometheus stuff was happening, Oliver lied to her face, Dinah found out and left him.

Can I pause and comment on how silly I found the whole Prometheus thing when compared to Arrow?  Prometheus is this powered dude that couldn't be held in a prison, had beat every hero but Superman (and he only won cause Cat Woman helped), was responsible for ripping Roys's arm off and killing Roys daughter and to top it all off, destroyed most of the city and killed most of the population of Star City.  So Oliver tracked him down and flat out killed him.  And EVERYBODY freaks out, lol. 

We left behind the because it says so in the comics argument the moment Oliver killed his first bad guy.   

Edited to fix wife to daughter

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

That panel with Oliver shooting the top off the wine bottle reminds me of that S1 Oliver/Laurel promo shot with Oliver shooting the apple that Laurel is holding.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

So, this issue of the GA comics was...well, most of anything Olicity fans would want to see was released by TVLine. TYPICAL

Clicker bait. 

But if you go to smoakandarrow's tumblr you'll see some posts showing that the issue was a top seller in the comics section

You've read it? I was hoping there was a bit more Olicity in the rescue. But that's OK.

Well, there is kind of, but it's just Helena talking to Felicity, implying that she and Oliver are more than friends, which Felicity denies. Then Helena asks if Oliver knows that. Then later, Oliver and Helena are talking about something and she tells Oliver to make sure not to "let that one go," and Oliver asks "who?" like the fucking emotional moron that he is. Then Roy almost gets killed again, and the end is the panels with the wine that were already released. 

• Love 1
Here is how I see it: Retellings like Arrow usually start off very differently from the mythology they are based on, but as time goes on, they start to allign themselves more and more with the source material. So, it's the middle part (aka the journey) that has the most flexibility in terms of twists and changes, but the conclusion generally remains similar.

Im not strict on mythology but I guess I now understand why some are so bound to canon, thanks to your post.

I actually like this art, reminds me of Quiver miniseries with Green Arrow ( http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-novels/green-arrow-vol-1-quiver )

Oh yeah its Phil Hester, I would recognise that art anywhere.

Edited by Conell

So, it's the middle part (aka the journey) that has the most flexibility in terms of twists and changes, but the conclusion generally remains similar.

The thing is, where is the end?  How does anyone pick an end in a medium that never does? 

• Love 5

I was just reading chapter 15 of the 2.5 comics before I read chapter 16 and I noticed that Roy gets electrocuted there too. DAMN. He just can't catch a break.

Actually, the guy who electrocutes him is wearing a suit that does look a little like Ray's. Not entirely but there are a couple of similarities in the way it's strapped to his legs and arms. It probably wasn't intentional but yikes.

I was getting some Faith vibes from Helena this issue. And I do like the idea of Helena and Felicity forming an unlikely friendship.

Edited by 10Eleven12

Sigh. I'd give anything to have seen these comics onscreen. 

And I've actually always liked Helena, although she went crazy town. I understood the reasons why. I thought her and Oliver had pretty good chemistry too, even though it was obvious they'd never last. 

So yeah, if Helena comes back next season I think it should be good. I know she'd probably be stuck with Laurel but I can see an unlikely friendship forming with Felicity eventually. 

Also, RE: Olicity, this issue just proved how Felicity refused to even acknowledge or consider that Oliver liked her/had feelings for her. She's in big denial. No wonder she's having so many problems figuring things out and why it's been relatively easy for her to push down those feelings and get with Ray. She's used to it. It's like her default setting. But once again, this would have helped in understanding Felicity if we actually saw this on the show.

• Love 6

I was getting some Fath vibes from Helena this issue. And I do like the idea of Helena and Felicity forming an unlikely friendship.

After Issue #16, I can get behind this, too. As long as Helena's appearance is limited to maybe an ep or two and her involvement advances the story or character development of either Oliver or Felicity, even Diggle, I have no problem. It's when these recurring characters get flashbacks and more focus in episodes that I get pissed.

Sigh. I'd give anything to have seen these comics onscreen. 

And I've actually always liked Helena, although she went crazy town. I understood the reasons why. I thought her and Oliver had pretty good chemistry too, even though it was obvious they'd never last. 

So yeah, if Helena comes back next season I think it should be good. I know she'd probably be stuck with Laurel but I can see an unlikely friendship forming with Felicity eventually. 

Also, RE: Olicity, this issue just proved how Felicity refused to even acknowledge or consider that Oliver liked her/had feelings for her. She's in big denial. No wonder she's having so many problems figuring things out and why it's been relatively easy for her to push down those feelings and get with Ray. She's used to it. It's like her default setting. But once again, this would have helped in understanding Felicity if we actually saw this on the show.

I know, right? Totally in denial. Actually, both of them are. Too bad no one is pointing out that buying someone a bed or a $4,000 bottle of wine is not exactly "just friends" behavior.

This. I was reading the panel where she and Helena talk about Oliver and she said "We're coworkers and friends. Mostly co-workers." She still thought they were mostly co-workers??? How did Oliver step up his game that she said yes to the date?

I know, right? Totally in denial. Actually, both of them are. Too bad no one is pointing out that buying someone a bed or a $4,000 bottle of wine is not exactly "just friends" behavior.

Total denial. Well, at least Oliver has acknowledged out loud to Roy that he can't stop thinking about Felicity and he's been looking at things differently since Slade. That's more progress than Felicity was making at this point. 

This. I was reading the panel where she and Helena talk about Oliver and she said "We're coworkers and friends. Mostly co-workers." She still thought they were mostly co-workers??? How did Oliver step up his game that she said yes to the date?

I know. I was pretty surprised she'd consider them mostly co-workers, especially after 2 years of building a friendship. I feel like she only said that to cover herself maybe? She probably got a bit flustered by the question. 

I'm guessing they became more flirty with each other from this moment onwards. Sharing wine together, alone, was probably the start. 

Total denial. Well, at least Oliver has acknowledged out loud to Roy that he can't stop thinking about Felicity and he's been looking at things differently since Slade. That's more progress than Felicity was making at this point. 

I know. I was pretty surprised she'd consider them mostly co-workers, especially after 2 years of building a friendship. I feel like she only said that to cover herself maybe? She probably got a bit flustered by the question. 

I'm guessing they became more flirty with each other from this moment onwards. Sharing wine together, alone, was probably the start. 

She's also saying this to Helena, the "psycho ex-girlfriend," so I can see why she'd try to downplay her relationship with Oliver. But now I really, really want to see them enjoying that bottle of wine *sigh*

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

Did you guys notice that the sound effect is spelled "THIWK" in that panel? That made me laugh.

I liked that Helena called Oliver out about why she's the only one of them in prison. Now I want her to break out.

TBH, I kinda haven't been all that excited about the Olicity stuff in 2.5 because it feels kinda cheesy and OOC. Part of it is the art, which is SO bad, especially in the faces. Felicity's always drawn with this simpering face in those moments, and you can barely tell if Oliver's doing anything other than scowling. But in general, the whole series is tonally off for me, probably just because it's so much more comic book-y. It seems aimed at a younger audience or something.

• Love 1

TBH, I kinda haven't been all that excited about the Olicity stuff in 2.5 because it feels kinda cheesy and OOC. Part of it is the art, which is SO bad, especially in the faces. Felicity's always drawn with this simpering face in those moments, and you can barely tell if Oliver's doing anything other than scowling. But in general, the whole series is tonally off for me, probably just because it's so much more comic book-y. It seems aimed at a younger audience or something.

I'd definitely agree that the Olicity stuff is cheesy and a little heavy-handed sometimes. I prefer my Olicity a bit more subtle. And the art is terrible. Sorry to the artist but it's really not great, especially in the background. Like there's detail on the up close faces but the background just looks like they gave up and couldn't be bothered. 

I think the biggest problem is most of what I get from Olicity comes from SA and EBR and so it's really hard to grasp that in comic form. I'm still enjoying it though. I just hate that we have to fill in the moments like this. It's not fair. I feel cheated.

• Love 8

The thing is, where is the end?  How does anyone pick an end in a medium that never does? 

Again, that's where the detailed continuity comes into play. By the end of it's run, Arrow should reflect the central themes, characterizations, and ideas present throughout the 74 years of Green Arrow continuity. For Oliver Queen in particular, it means that he should be fighting for justice, have some charm and wit, become a crusader for the poor and disadvantaged and have a star-crossed love life.

Edited by strikera0

I'd definitely agree that the Olicity stuff is cheesy and a little heavy-handed sometimes. I prefer my Olicity a bit more subtle. And the art is terrible. Sorry to the artist but it's really not great, especially in the background. Like there's detail on the up close faces but the background just looks like they gave up and couldn't be bothered. 

I think the biggest problem is most of what I get from Olicity comes from SA and EBR and so it's really hard to grasp that in comic form. I'm still enjoying it though. I just hate that we have to fill in the moments like this. It's not fair. I feel cheated.

Yep, this exactly. If anything, 2.5 proves further to me that the writers or MG specifically are just...not good at relationships, and that maybe they don't really understand what people like about O/F. I still find the comics enjoyable, just not my thing tonally or in substance. To make a timely comparison, since my mind is in the Easter basket right now: they're just like marshmallow Peeps--insubstantial and one-note in flavor and that one note is saccharine.

Also, to the point about the detail of the drawing--there's a panel where one of Oliver's hands is amorphous. It's just a claw. Ugh. Sloppy work, all around.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 1
cerealkillerita asked:

Would you ever consider a fan made comic book? Where you give a group of selected fans, or groups submit their comic book at a deadline, and then the writers and producers choose which comic to illustrate and release as a special edition. I love your work and hope that fans will get the chance to work on a comic book with you

That would be a lot of fun.  And completely up to DC Comics.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

Just read the latest issue of the 2.5 comics, and why did they have Roy "kill" Brother Blood? I mean, he was so conflicted after he learnt about the cop, I thought it was about the murdering itself. I suppose klling bad guys is cool? Also, Helena claims to have killed just 5 people, but didn't they say in "Birds of Prey" that she had spent the year killing mafiosi in Italy?

(edited)
canarylover asked:

Okay Marc you dropped quite a bombshell in Season 2.5 #16 when Oliver actually name-dropped SUPERMAN. I mean this is huge. Does this mean that Superman does exist in the Arrowverse? I mean he is part of the DC Universe after all and Oliver dropping his name is just too big to be "just a joke". But I wonder how Oliver could know about someone like Superman (while the world onviously does not) and still be overwhelmed by the concept of metahumans.

It means that I can get away with a little more humor in the comics…

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

The latest issue of 2.5 was nothing but filler. I think I read it in like 2 minutes! And it's hilarious that Oliver (dressed as himself, not the Arrow) got thrown through a window and then appears wearing a hockey mask and a bow and arrow because he just so happened to get thrown into a sports store. Ha. I mean, surely there would be cameras. One minute he's Oliver Queen and the next he's this guy in a poor disguise trying to take down a bad guy with a bow and arrow. Does he not think people would make the connection?! He's not even trying at this point. LOL.

The latest issue of 2.5 was nothing but filler. I think I read it in like 2 minutes! And it's hilarious that Oliver (dressed as himself, not the Arrow) got thrown through a window and then appears wearing a hockey mask and a bow and arrow because he just so happened to get thrown into a sports store. Ha. I mean, surely there would be cameras. One minute he's Oliver Queen and the next he's this guy in a poor disguise trying to take down a bad guy with a bow and arrow. Does he not think people would make the connection?! He's not even trying at this point. LOL.

I'm just curious was this comic put together before or after his Casey Jones news? Because it felt a whole like they were trying to play off of Casey Jones, maybe pull in a new comic audience.

I'm just curious was this comic put together before or after his Casey Jones news? Because it felt a whole like they were trying to play off of Casey Jones, maybe pull in a new comic audience.

MG was asked once on twitter about how long it takes for them to put together an issue of the 2.5 comics and he said something like 2 weeks. So I'll take a guess and say Marc might have heard from Stephen about his new role before the actual announcement last week and decided to do some sort of an homage.

• Love 3

Comic book sales figures for March 2015 are finally online. AK's run as the writer of the official Green Arrow comics finished with a slight uptick in sales numbers:

Green Arrow #35  23,346

Green Arrow #36  21,842

Green Arrow #37  20,904

Green Arrow #38  20,207

Green Arrow #39  19,651

Green Arrow #40  19,792

Arrow Season 2.5:

October  17,364

November  11,121

December  9,862

January  9,302

February 9,060

March 9,055

Flash Season Zero:

October  23,501

November  14,287

December  12,247

January  10,806

February 10,450

March 10,188

Wait, so Oliver Queen gets thrown into a sporting good store (which I'm assuming was closed or else the people inside would have seen him) and comes out of the same store in a hockey mask with a bow and no one puts it together? Wow, and I thought the criminals in Metropolis were blind and/or stupid.