Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Reunion (Part III)

• Start Topic

Well first off you came up with some story saying Jonathan loaned her the money when I had said she used investors to get her business going. My point is all these people including PDiddy, use other people's money to get going.  It is not as if Sonja is some rare bird out there looking for start up money.  I would not expect an employee of one of these fashion houses to have the funds to start up a line.  Even with 18,000 garments pre sold there is an enormous expense involved.

I don't think you can compare Heather and Bethenny.  If someone came along and offered to buy Yummie Tummie for $100 million Heather and her minority shareholders just might be interested.   Bethenny no longer produces a product she licenses.  We don't have any idea how many of these panels, if any, Bethenny gets asks to participate in.  Bethenny success was a different road, going through Skyy vodka founder as a partner and the engineering the ultimate sale to Jim Beam.  We also have no idea what his percentage in the company is or was.

There was an article about Heather where she said that Jonathan gave her the start up money she needed, maybe it was for the initial 18,000 garments and she then got investors. That info, when I Googled her/Yummie, was not coming up for me at all and that is why I asked. When I read your posts about Heather/Yummie it always sounded, to me, as if you are saying that she is not in control of the company, hence my question not only about investors but also about majority control of the line and she, Heather still has majority control of Yummie. Of course, since she does have investors she does need to keep them informed but that she still retains majority ownership, she still has the final word.

As for comparing Heather to Bethenny business wise, I still stand by my opinion that Heather IS the better business woman/person between the 2. Bethenny's success is based on her popularity as a HW IMO and I am not sure she would have had anywhere near the success without NYHW show, again, IMO.  Heather was already a success business wise before she joined the show.

Oh, and Thanks for the link, I really could not find anything that said anything about investors or who owned control of the company.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

I don't think you can compare Heather and Bethenny.  If someone came along and offered to buy Yummie Tummie for $100 million Heather and her minority shareholders just might be interested.   Bethenny no longer produces a product she licenses.  We don't have any idea how many of these panels, if any, Bethenny gets asks to participate in.  Bethenny success was a different road, going through Skyy vodka founder as a partner and the engineering the ultimate sale to Jim Beam.  We also have no idea what his percentage in the company is or was.

I don't think Bethenny ever really "produced" a product on her own. She hadn't done that much with Skinnygirl margarita before the sale to Jim Beam, other than prefer her version (with a very high end tequila not used in the mass produced version) at bars while being on TV. I don't think she ever had a deal with Skye vodka, her initial partner used to work for them.

• Love 6

There was an article about Heather where she said that Jonathan gave her the start up money she needed, maybe it was for the initial 18,000 garments and she then got investors.

In the article, no.  It said that she went to an expo, made an order for 18,000 and had to go get an investor for capital to fulfill the order.

1) A ton of off topic posts have been removed.

2) This is a thread to talk about the episode not to debate the amount of votes in a poll that someone was nice enough to create for the enjoyment of everyone here.

3) Conspiracy theories about multiple accounts will be deleted. 

4) Talk about the show, not about other posters. Period.

• Love 5

Didn't see it posted here. Heather's blog is up. No comments on the reunion. She thanks the viewers and her parting words: See ya round the way. Not sure what to make of it but it does sound like a goodbye.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/heather-thomson/heather-i-loved-sharing-this

Thanks breezy424...it does sound like a goodbye to me also. It's supposed to be her reunion blog for Part III, but I suppose if she knows she's leaving she's using it to say goodbye.

Here's what she writes as her Part III Reunion Blog:

Thanks for watching RHONY Season 7

Well guys, it's been a great season!

Thank you all for watching, engaging, loving, and even (at times) hating,

after all - it's part of the high and lows of the show of life. I loved sharing

this season with you and keeping up with all things yummie, or not...

So let's stay in touch!

Follow me at @iamheather.t and keep up with all things yummie at yummielife.com and @YummieByHT

See ya 'round the way!

Heather

XX

rhonyblogv2.jpg?itok=0eAiYvHh

54d4bf254b052.image.jpg

Edited by talula
  • Love 2

Oh I don't blame Heather for being upset with Sonja.  I just don't think she was did it without compensation.  I didn't say Heather would be the financial backer as I don't think Heather has that type of wealth.  I think it would not be out of the realm of Sonja's world for another RH to introduce her to a financial backer.  Heather's company was set up by using other people's money-not her own.  This is suppose to be a group of women who network off each other and I do think Sonja feels like in her various circle of friends there is someone out there willing to invest.  As time goes on I think Sonja realizes there is not a RH in the wings willing to invest in her.

That is one of the many things that soured the Manzo/Lauritas on Teresa.

What Sonja should have gotten out of the Toaster Oven fuckfest was that she didn't have anyone willing to invest in her, which is interesting to me. Heather clearly had a business plan and a good idea that made someone believe in her, and thus she got an investor. How can someone with Sonja's supposed connections not have anyone willing to throw a little bit of dough at her idea? She didn't need one big backer - folks rarely have that. She could have had a handful of smaller investors that got her the money she needed, but no one was there for her. Sonja came into that season very popular, and we hadn't yet seen her delusional mind to the point we have now. We didn't know she was a complete loon when that whole deal began, but I think that other people in her life that knew her much better, were well aware of her terrible work ethic, and that she was just looking for something - anything - that might stick. Sonja spends a lot of time in her blogs - especially the early ones this season - talking about how these girls have never supported her, and thank God she has real friends that she would prefer to spend time with. Too bad none of those real friends believed in her anymore than the gals she is on the show with. Lots of people like to party and drink with Sonja. She is the life of the party, but when the party is over, I don't think the other people in her life take her any more seriously than do the HW's.

• Love 10

Heather is so over it she couldn't be bothered to get dressed. Just threw a robe on over her undies and headed out.

LOL. Maybe she was debuting the new Yummy Tummy Nightwear Collection.

As for her relationship with Sonja, I thought both acted terribly with the toaster oven. Both felt disrespected so neither would listen to the other. What I don't get is why a busy woman like Heather would jump into yet again? She could still maintain a somewhat respectful acquaintanceship with Sonja while keeping any advice or help with her business ventures to herself. Heather could have easily said, "Sonja, things didn't go so well with the toaster oven so I will support you showing up to your fashion show but I don't have any time to devote to much more than that." What is the point of taking on more stress and/or conflict?

• Love 3

What Sonja should have gotten out of the Toaster Oven fuckfest was that she didn't have anyone willing to invest in her, which is interesting to me. Heather clearly had a business plan and a good idea that made someone believe in her, and thus she got an investor. How can someone with Sonja's supposed connections not have anyone willing to throw a little bit of dough at her idea? She didn't need one big backer - folks rarely have that. She could have had a handful of smaller investors that got her the money she needed, but no one was there for her. Sonja came into that season very popular, and we hadn't yet seen her delusional mind to the point we have now. We didn't know she was a complete loon when that whole deal began, but I think that other people in her life that knew her much better, were well aware of her terrible work ethic, and that she was just looking for something - anything - that might stick. Sonja spends a lot of time in her blogs - especially the early ones this season - talking about how these girls have never supported her, and thank God she has real friends that she would prefer to spend time with. Too bad none of those real friends believed in her anymore than the gals she is on the show with. Lots of people like to party and drink with Sonja. She is the life of the party, but when the party is over, I don't think the other people in her life take her any more seriously than do the HW's.

Heather didn't provide Sonja with a business plan it was branding.  When Sonja didn't like the logo Heather got mad.  Sonja didn't act professional-she was late and indecisive and would not stay focused.  Sonja could not borrow money at the time without the bankruptcy trustee's consent.  What they did not take into account is that no one was going to pick up on Sonja's plan and offer her a straight out endorsement deal.  When you are in bankruptcy your options are limited.  I do think Heather believed her branding was superior to anything Sonja could come with.  To me, as a consumer I thought the character " j "was a good idea.  In the end Sonja went with neither concept. 

These women by their very nature (except Carole and Heather) aren't supportive of one another.  Sonja with her unrealistic expectations and delusions of grandeur regularly incurs the ridicule of the others.  I am guessing her other cliques may be just as delusional as Sonja or know you can't ridicule someone and expect to be called a friend.  We don't know where the ultimate support for Sonja came from but it sounds like someone solicited her and she had to have a risk in it-not just an endorsement deal.

Edited by zoeysmom

Lu's blog is up:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/luann-de-lesseps/luann-not-a-bad-note-to-end-on

She's still on Turks and Heather and Carole 'barging' into her room .  No blame to Ro for sending them there.  I still don't understand, and this is my reasoning, why H and C didn't say they had no reason to believe that there was a man in Lu's room since Ro told them that she didn't know anything about the man upstairs and they would assume that the man who slept in Beth's room was Lu's guy.  And, note to Beth, they didn't go into Lu's room in the hopes of finding a man there.  Also, at the time, they were under the impression that naked guy was in Beth's room because of Lu.  At the time, and if it were me, I'd not have much of a concern about Lu's 'privacy' since she had no respect for theirs.  Bottom line - Ro gets a free pass once again.

• Love 11

Lu's blog is up:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/luann-de-lesseps/luann-not-a-bad-note-to-end-on

She's still on Turks and Heather and Carole 'barging' into her room .  No blame to Ro for sending them there.  I still don't understand, and this is my reasoning, why H and C didn't say they had no reason to believe that there was a man in Lu's room since Ro told them that she didn't know anything about the man upstairs and they would assume that the man who slept in Beth's room was Lu's guy.  And, note to Beth, they didn't go into Lu's room in the hopes of finding a man there.  Also, at the time, they were under the impression that naked guy was in Beth's room because of Lu.  At the time, and if it were me, I'd not have much of a concern about Lu's 'privacy' since she had no respect for theirs.  Bottom line - Ro gets a free pass once again.

After hearing Ramona explain the guy got up after being discovered by Heather, went downstairs had breakfast made by the chef and hung around, there was ZERO urgency in waking either Ramona or Luann.  Heather could of safely asked any pertinent questions of the naked man as there was a chef there.  I think Ramona was blamed and taken to task for creating the situation to begin with by Kristen, who wasn't even affected because the two wings of the upstairs don't connect.  This is what I don't get about Reunions-Ramona apologized at the bedazzling party.  So to keep bringing it up and having another round at her is kind of beating a dead horse. I thought Heather should have said to Ramona-you owe Luann an apology for lying about her being the one putting the man to bed upstairs.  I am not a morning person- is not an apology. ( I think the time to go after Ramona would have been then and there.) Ramona is not responsible for Carole and Heather waking up Luann-that was their choice to carry on at that time, in that manner.  They really had no reason to barge in on Ramona and Sonja.  Why not wait for them to get up? 

Regardless of their intent what they did do is wait for cameras to get there before barging in on the other ladies. My guess is someone on the production team planted the seed in Luann's mind that the others were hoping to catch Luann in the act.   To me, if the naked man could not get home that night I would think his companion with Luann would also have the same dilemma in trying to exit the house.  I am left with a lot of logistical questions.  To me this may be why Heather is walking away.  She may very well feel as if she was somewhat set up to wait and react and now Bethenny is kind of mimicking her with the Scarlett O'Hara stuff and giving Carole a pass.

• Love 4

I will say this about the Reunion: I did appreciate that there weren't "teams" the way there were in previous seasons. Sure, LuAnn had her problems with Heather and Carole, and Dorinda and Heather had their issues, but it wasn't a case of one couch battling the other couch. It wasn't a case of LuAnn recruiting Sonja and Ramona to fight LuAnn and Carole as well. It wasn't the ridiculous "blondes vs. the brunettes" as in Season 4. There was no castmate showing up in a "Team ___" t-shirt (Jill Zarin).

I guess, as far as Reunions go, this was pretty dull (and not at all deserving of 3 parts), but it was at least a bit more…evolved.

• Love 6

I'm not sure Ramona was correct about the naked guy having breakfast. The only thing we saw was that he had some juice and if he was hung over he would be thirsty and need something refreshing.

I agree with Zoeysmom that there are some logistical issues with with the whole thing and that's due to production and editing.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

I just watched the reunion; I don't know but I didn't think Carole looked very good.  

If Heather leaves, I'm okay with it; I don't even remember her much this season.  

Other than the hissy fit in T&C and her snarky comments on Sonja's whatever/babble, I remember nothing Heather did.  She made no impression at this endless reunion & she mostly got nowhere with Bethenny.  And B even pretty much replaced her as Carole's puppeteer.  So alas, you're time here is up, Heather.  See ya, hun.

• Love 2

Ok.  So where are we posting on Secrets Revealed?  I'll go here because I don't see posts anywhere else.

Is it me or did Doris have a couple of drinks before she met Beth at the bar and before folks arrived before her tea because I couldn't understand a lot of what she said.

I kinda found most of the episode a little boring but would have enjoyed some of the scenes put in during the season.  Of course, first off we have a Beth segment....

I did enjoy Kris opening her wedding dress, trying it on and then Carole trying it on.  And Carole going through her wedding album.  The show needs more of these true moments instead of 'drama' all the time.

I wonder if Josh and Kris actually did renew their vows.  It's sounds like they didn't because it referred to as 10th wedding anniversary.

• Love 5

Ok.  So where are we posting on Secrets Revealed?  I'll go here because I don't see posts anywhere else.

Is it me or did Doris have a couple of drinks before she met Beth at the bar and before folks arrived before her tea because I couldn't understand a lot of what she said.

I kinda found most of the episode a little boring but would have enjoyed some of the scenes put in during the season.  Of course, first off we have a Beth segment....

I did enjoy Kris opening her wedding dress, trying it on and then Carole trying it on.  And Carole going through her wedding album.  The show needs more of these true moments instead of 'drama' all the time.

I wonder if Josh and Kris actually did renew their vows.  It's sounds like they didn't because it referred to as 10th wedding anniversary.

I don't think it was a vow renewal at all. I think it was a very nice, formal 10th Anniversary party.

This whole show looked like it was formatted for the reunion but was cut from the actual reunion show for some reason. I do agree that once again, they excluded footage that would have been great to see during the season.

• Love 3

This Secrets thing seemed like Reunion Part 4.  Ugh, make it stop, Satan Andy, cuz I'm bored outta my mind with this shit.  Nothing interesting here except maybe that thing from Dorinda's late husband, who seemed like a very nice man.  

And I also realized . . . I really need a break from Bethenny's incredibly grating voice.  That voice -- GAH!  Amy Phillips really gets her perfectly.

No more on NYC, Satan Andy.  Enough!  I'd much rather see Jax steal those sunglasses in Hawaii or give his latest chick (or dude or whatever) 17 million STD's.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

The show needs more of these true moments instead of 'drama' all the time.

I do agree that once again, they excluded footage that would have been great to see during the season.

I agree with both of you!

One of the most significant things I noticed was that there were quite a few scenes filled with laughter, including Bethenny.  I don't understand why they chose to cut them.  There was one with Carole and LuAnn laughing it up at LuAnn's house in the Hamptons.   Who knew that Carole and LuAnn shared a room that weekend?  Not me!

LuAnn%20and%20Carol%20Hamptons_zpsh9ngfg

It's a shame they cut the TC scene when Bethenny was wearing Dorinda's "facial mask."  That was funny.

bethenny%20mask%20ramona%20carole_zpsovb

Who knew that Ramona dozed off at Dorinda's birthday dinner in the Berkshires? 

ramona%20sleeping%20bershires_zpsdsr2fkf

And finally, I thought Ramona's expression in this scene was hilarious.

bethenny%20ramona_zps4rkjploy.jpg

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7

Bethenny loses me when she gets really vulgar.  Hated the "steak & pussy" comment.  Sounds desperate & like she's trying to be one of the boys.  Really?  Yeah, maybe if the boys are frat-boy dickheads.  Still think this was influence from that rough-looking character (and accused rapist) she never admitted to dating.  His name is Michael Cerrussi & Satan Andy let her get away with never letting us know she was dating him exclusively during the filming of the show.  

Hmmm, so thru the now 4 parts of this reunion, did Satan Andy ever ask Bethenny about Michael Cerrussi or why she never mentioned his name or his very existence in her life?  Um, no.  Er, would Satan Andy ever let anyone on any Housewives show get away with this bullshit?  Um, no.  Volumes spoken.

• Love 7

I don't care if Bethenny was dating Michael Cerussi during filming or not.  And since that they didn't mention it, there had to be a reason.  Maybe Mr. Cerussi refused to give them permission.  Or maybe Bravo did it because Bethenny and Jason's divorce isn't final.  Who knows?  I don't and I really don't care.

• Love 6

Did anyone watch the "Secrets" episode tonight?

I'm not sure where to post about it.  

What's this "RHONY 100th Episode" they're promoting for September 17th?

I loved the Secrets episode and felt it was way more interesting than the three part Reunion...LuAnn feels like a tooth in her dream?!?

The celebration of the 100th episode seems to include some of the fired NY HW. The preview had Aviva in it.

• Love 3

I loved the Secrets episode and felt it was way more interesting than the three part Reunion...LuAnn feels like a tooth in her dream?!?

The celebration of the 100th episode seems to include some of the fired NY HW. The preview had Aviva in it.

Thanks for the info on the 100th episode.

I loved the Secrets episode too.  There were quite a few scenes they should not have cut.

I had to laugh at Bethenny's dog barking when she was talking into the AC control.  That signaled a visitor to her and I'm guessing Cookie (? is that her name ?) always barked when someone was coming up to the apartment.

bethenny%20talking%20AC_zpssm1nq8bh.jpg

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

I don't care if Bethenny was dating Michael Cerussi during filming or not.  And since that they didn't mention it, there had to be a reason.  Maybe Mr. Cerussi refused to give them permission.  Or maybe Bravo did it because Bethenny and Jason's divorce isn't final.  Who knows?  I don't and I really don't care.

She was (dating him. The entire time). And I only care because it means she wasn't being "real" (her tag line) or honest about her life while she was filming. When you claim to be authentic, and call out others when they're not....

• Love 15

Bethenny loses me when she gets really vulgar.  Hated the "steak & pussy" comment.  Sounds desperate & like she's trying to be one of the boys.  Really?  Yeah, maybe if the boys are frat-boy dickheads.  Still think this was influence from that rough-looking character (and accused rapist) she never admitted to dating.  His name is Michael Cerrussi & Satan Andy let her get away with never letting us know she was dating him exclusively during the filming of the show.  

Hmmm, so thru the now 4 parts of this reunion, did Satan Andy ever ask Bethenny about Michael Cerrussi or why she never mentioned his name or his very existence in her life?  Um, no.  Er, would Satan Andy ever let anyone on any Housewives show get away with this bullshit?  Um, no.  Volumes spoken.

Bethenny likes to drag us right into the boy's locker room with her humor. She really loves to dwell on that stuff. Though Ramona out did her on the bleaching hair scenario brought up by Carole and LuAnn. I hope her daughter doesn't pick up her mom's gross sense of humor.

That guy she was dating was in photos all over with her and some with her daughter. So she didn't mind being photographed with him. She mentioned she would not date a guy who wanted to be on a TV show with her. Why not one other cast member or Andy mentioned him may have had something to do with her state of divorce. Who knows if that was a contract stipulation she had with NBC/BRAVO for her to come back?

• Love 3

She was (dating him. The entire time). And I only care because it means she wasn't being "real" (her tag line) or honest about her life while she was filming. When you claim to be authentic, and call out others when they're not....

I get that but since I don't believe most of what we see on these shows is real, it doesn't matter to me.

• Love 3

A person doesn't have to give permission to be mentioned on  a TV show,  He and Bethenny were all over the tabloids http://www.yourtango.com/2014203369/love-dating-who-bethenny-frankels-new-boyfriend-michael-cerussi-iii  It just smells phony..  Bethenny was shacking up with him. . .it was not a secret.  Why was Bethenny not more forthcoming?  It makes reality not very real.

• Love 7

Your absolutely right LotusFlower about that. Hiding her relationship was disingenuous IMO. She was not being real...and her cast members, Andy and NBC/BRAVO gave her one big pass.

Edited to add: Not sure when that relationship ended...but it did and I bet she was relieved it's not memorialized on TV. Her work mates, boss and company did her a solid.

Edited by talula
  • Love 4

A person doesn't have to give permission to be mentioned on  a TV show,  He and Bethenny were all over the tabloids http://www.yourtango.com/2014203369/love-dating-who-bethenny-frankels-new-boyfriend-michael-cerussi-iii  It just smells phony..  Bethenny was shacking up with him. . .it was not a secret.  Why was Bethenny not more forthcoming?  It makes reality not very real.

I can only repeat what I just said to Lotus Flower.

No one can convince me that there is much "reality" in these shows so it doesn't matter.

ETA:  There are some restrictions on the use of names in TV shows.  I just don't know enough about it to comment.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

I can only repeat what I just said to Lotus Flower.

No one can convince me that there is much "reality" in these shows so it doesn't matter.

ETA:  There are some restrictions on the use of names in TV shows.  I just don't know enough about it to comment.

If she doesn't want him to film, or if he doesn't want to film, then that's fine. But she could have at least acknowledged she was seeing someone. Even just a mention or two - with no details, if that's what she wanted. But instead she pretended her "walls were up" and wasn't letting anyone "in." That was clearly bullshit.

I take all these shows with a grain of salt, and I know I'm not watching a docu-series. But a lie's a lie. If I'm going to call out Brooks for lying about his cancer diagnosis, then I'm calling out Bethenny's lies. It's phony and misleading.

• Love 9

Thanks for the info on the 100th episode.

I loved the Secrets episode too.  There were quite a few scenes they should not have cut.

I had to laugh at Bethenny's dog barking when she was talking into the AC control.  That signaled a visitor to her and I'm guessing Cookie (? is that her name ?) always barked when someone was coming up to the apartment.

bethenny%20talking%20AC_zpssm1nq8bh.jpg

Not knowing how to/if it was safe to light the fireplace and then realising there was no one to buzz to help her was interesting! Cookie barking on top of that because she thought food was being delivered was funny. Dumb thing to notice but, the wooden floors were really beat up in the apartment.

• Love 1

This Secrets thing seemed like Reunion Part 4. Ugh, make it stop, Satan Andy, cuz I'm bored outta my mind with this shit.

Nothing interesting here except maybe that thing from Dorinda's late husband, who seemed like a very nice man.

I know you're bored ScoobieDoobs...I can feel your pain, but I enjoyed that email from Dorinda's dead husband suddenly appearing! It really was a sweet moment to share and to think he typed it while she was asleep while he sat right next to her watching her breath. How romantic and loving and that moment made me realize I don't have one email from my hubby. Tomorrow I'm going to tell him Dorinda's story and see if I can inspire him to write me a romantic email, lol. Edited by talula
  • Love 3

If she doesn't want him to film, or if he doesn't want to film, then that's fine. But she could have at least acknowledged she was seeing someone. Even just a mention or two - with no details, if that's what she wanted. But instead she pretended her "walls were up" and wasn't letting anyone "in." That was clearly bullshit.

I take all these shows with a grain of salt, and I know I'm not watching a docu-series. But a lie's a lie. If I'm going to call out Brooks for lying about his cancer diagnosis, then I'm calling out Bethenny's lies. It's phony and misleading.

Yes. It is phony and misleading but IMHO so is most of what we see on this franchise. I don't think Bethenney is interested in having a serious relationship anytime soon so maybe it was just a fling. I don't know and it's not important to me. Last season Ramona insisted her marriage was fine despite the tabloid stories. That was phony and misleading too but I don't hold it against her.

Speaking of tabloids.......I don't believe them either. The only tabloid stories I read are about the casting, firing or arrest of a HW. When I see posts including a tabloid or gossip site link as a reference, I dismiss it. I don't take the show or the tabloids seriously. I enjoy watching and discussing what we've seen but I have no real interest in these women. Even though they use their real names and every word that comes out of their mouth may not be memorized from a script, they're all still just characters on a TV show to me.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

Yes. It is phony and misleading but IMHO so is most of what we see on this franchise. I don't think Bethenney is interested in having a serious relationship anytime soon so maybe it was just a fling. I don't know and it's not important to me. Last season Ramona insisted her marriage was fine despite the tabloid stories. That was phony and misleading too but I don't hold it against her.

Speaking of tabloids.......I don't believe them either. The only tabloid stories I read are about the casting, firing or arrest of a HW. When I see posts including a tabloid or gossip site link as a reference, I dismiss it. I don't take the show or the tabloids seriously. I enjoy watching and discussing what we've seen but I have no real interest in these women. Even though they use their real names and every word that comes out of their mouth may not be memorized from a script but they're still all characters on a TV show to me.

Actually, Bethenny's relationship with her bf Michael was more than just a fling. It was serious enough that they dated for almost a year. And yes, of course there's a lot of scripted b.s. on these shows, but I think savvy viewers can detect the real from the fake. Carole and Heather's friendship? Real. Brandi and Kim Richards' friendship? Fake. Carole and Dorinda bonding in London? Real. LuAnn's "outrage" at her privacy being violated in the Turks & Caicos? Totally fake. It's one of the reasons I like Heather so much - take her or leave her, but at least she's being real. Holla! (Heather retired it. Do we need to as well? :). )

• Love 8

Ok. So where are we posting on Secrets Revealed? I'll go here because I don't see posts anywhere else.

I kinda found most of the episode a little boring but would have enjoyed some of the scenes put in during the season. Of course, first off we have a Beth segment....

I did enjoy Kris opening her wedding dress, trying it on and then Carole trying it on. And Carole going through her wedding album. The show needs more of these true moments instead of 'drama' all the time.

I wonder if Josh and Kris actually did renew their vows. It's sounds like they didn't because it referred to as 10th wedding anniversary.

Also enjoyed the Carole and Kristen segment with the opening of the wedding gown and trying it on. The gown was lovely and I was a little jelly that she fit into it after two kids and ten years. It was funny to hear rail thin Carole emphasising how skinny Kristen is. With the flower wreath in Carole Anne's hair it was nice to see her model the dress also. With a lot of the crap they included all season there's no reason this scene shouldn't have been included. Maybe they knew they needed stuff for this episode and decided to add it at the end. With the revelation about Josh's escapades I'm sure it was tough for her to watch tonight. I don't know how she can look into his face without being reminded of his cruel actions.

We didn't see a vow renewal so maybe it was a celebration of being together for 10-years. Ramona was looking for food...I can't believe there wasn't any! She was also looking for food during the Reunion...what's up with that?

Edited by talula
  • Love 4

Bethenny loses me when she gets really vulgar. Hated the "steak & pussy" comment. Sounds desperate & like she's trying to be one of the boys. Really? Yeah, maybe if the boys are frat-boy dickheads. Still think this was influence from that rough-looking character (and accused rapist) she never admitted to dating. His name is Michael Cerrussi & Satan Andy let her get away with never letting us know she was dating him exclusively during the filming of the show.

Hmmm, so thru the now 4 parts of this reunion, did Satan Andy ever ask Bethenny about Michael Cerrussi or why she never mentioned his name or his very existence in her life? Um, no. Er, would Satan Andy ever let anyone on any Housewives show get away with this bullshit? Um, no. Volumes spoken.

Speaking of tabloids.......I don't believe them either. The only tabloid stories I read are about the casting, firing or arrest of a HW. When I see posts including a tabloid or gossip site link as a reference, I dismiss it. I don't take the show or the tabloids seriously. I enjoy watching and discussing what we've seen but I have no real interest in these women. Even though they use their real names and every word that comes out of their mouth may not be memorized from a script, they're all still just characters on a TV show to me.

The thing is, it wasn't a fling.  It was clearly a serious relationship that lasted for over a year.  Just a simple google search on Bethenny & Michael Cerrussi will bring up hundreds of pics of her traveling with him, of them together in NYC & of him walking with Brynn -- not just from Daily Mail, but from legitimate sources.  And yet Satan Andy let her get away without questioning her on it.  I thought maybe by this last part of the reunion he might, but no, he's clearly soooo terrified of her, he didn't.  OK then.  

• Love 4

I know you're bored ScoobieDoobs...I can feel your pain, but I enjoyed that email from Dorinda's dead husband suddenly appearing! It really was a sweet moment to share and to think he typed it while she was asleep while he sat right next to her watching her breath. How romantic and loving and that moment made me realize I don't have one email from my hubby. Tomorrow I'm going to tell him Dorinda's story and see if I can inspire him to write me a romantic email, lol. The last letter he wrote to me was when he was in the service (Vietnam war era) many years ago. Where did I put those letters...it would be fun to reread them again.

In what I thought was an exceedingly boring & unnecessary hour, you hit on the one interesting moment -- the email from Dorinda's late husband.  He would have been supremely out of place on this show.  I can't even picture him with a crass woman like Dorinda.  He sounded like a class act.  One thing we can depend on Moaner for -- she does accurately describe people.  Er, usually to the point of being cruel & thoughtless, as she did with Heather's husband Jon & Jillzy's step-daughter (who she called "deformed" -- ew).  So I believe Moaner when she described him as articulate & intelligent & thoughtful.  The email from him certainly reflected that.  Like I said, he woulda been vastly out of place on this show.  And if I met them as a couple when he was alive I would have thought "mismatch" -- to myself, of course.  Please, I'm not Moaner, thank you.

• Love 1

Carole chewing her food while talking to her editor, Barbara...gross me out! The editor telling Carole your face is all sweaty when Carole hugs her. Hay wait a minute I thought Carole doesn't like to hug!

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

OK. Bethenney dated this guy for a year. So? I don't care if she had a boyfriend or a fling because they're all playing the role of whoever they think they should be, want to be or Bravo tells them they are. They just do it without a script.

Not having a script could explain why Ramona said Richard was "well spoken and articulate." If they used scripts I'd like to believe the writer would know they are one and the same.

The only thing that bothered me about the Secrets episode is that they cut some of the fun stuff to force feed us the manufactured drama.

ETA: I just noticed there's a new thread for the Secrets episode.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

OK. Bethenney dated this guy for a year. So? I don't care if she had a boyfriend or a fling because they're all playing the role of whoever they think they should be, want to be or Bravo tells them they are. They just do it without a script.

Not having a script could explain why Ramona said Richard was "well spoken and articulate." If they used scripts I'd like to believe the writer would know they are one and the same.

The only thing that bothered me about the Secrets episode is that they cut some of the fun stuff to force feed us the manufactured drama.

ETA: I just noticed there's a new thread for the Secrets episode.

A Mod will probably move all the posts over there?

A person doesn't have to give permission to be mentioned on a TV show, He and Bethenny were all over the tabloids http://www.yourtango.com/2014203369/love-dating-who-bethenny-frankels-new-boyfriend-michael-cerussi-iii It just smells phony.. Bethenny was shacking up with him. . .it was not a secret. Why was Bethenny not more forthcoming? It makes reality not very real.

I agree that there should have been mention of a steady man in Bethenny's life......however, they never lived together. Edited by Grneyedldy
  • Love 2

I was starting to feel alone in this, so thank you. I couldn't care less about that guy. Maybe if Beth's storyline all season had been a "let's find Bethenny dates every episode!" it would have bothered me, but it wasn't. For me, this guy really doesn't matter. 

I actually really enjoyed this episode.

LOVED Kristen's wedding dress. Just beautiful and looked amazing on her. She has great taste (reunion outfit and Josh not withstanding).

Lu feeling "like a tooth". Haha, that was so bizarre.

"No one is safe, when I go to a gay bar" - Sonja Morgan.

• Love 1

Also enjoyed the Carole and Kristen segment with the opening of the wedding gown and trying it on. The gown was lovely and I was a little jelly that she fit into it after two kids and ten years. It was funny to hear rail thin Carole emphasising how skinny Kristen is. With the flower wreath in Carole Anne's hair it was nice to see her model the dress also. With a lot of the crap they included all season there's no reason this scene shouldn't have been included. Maybe they knew they needed stuff for this episode and decided to add it at the end. With the revelation about Josh's escapades I'm sure it was tough for her to watch tonight. I don't know how she can look into his face without being reminded of his cruel actions.

We didn't see a vow renewal so maybe it was a celebration of being together for 10-years. Ramona was looking for food...I can't believe there wasn't any! She was also looking for food during the Reunion...what's up with that?

Ramona imo drinks a lot and is probably looking for food to absorb some of the alcohol, so she won't come off as blitzed.

Remember this the woman who had 3 glasses of wine during a lunch break at the reunion. If I had to be on my toes and I think you do, with all these women. I wouldn't be drinking wine at lunch.

Even 1 glass in the middle of day would make me tired.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3