Type keyword(s) to search

The Spoiler Collection

• Start Topic

Hee, hee, hee...I am positively giddy that Hope is returning because it will totally burn Hauxdi's biscuits.

I found a different picture of her and if she lightened her hair, she'd look more like KM.

ePdSqvJIQ8x4Allx6Zb85YMVXED.jpg

However, I do hope she's brought on as a foil to Katie (since I'm not a big Watie fan) vs another round of the TOD. I do hope CH (no pun intended) stays on and we see what could be with Lally.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, grisgris said:

Those are good points. There really isn't room for Ivy, Steffy, Sally AND Hope.

If I had to pick one of the four to go, I’d rather it be Ivy. Logically, that makes sense because she’d already been with both Spencer boys and Thomas. And nothing against AB, but CH’s Sally grabbed me right out the gate. FC needs a true rival start up more than it needs another Forrester scion, especially one with no prior connection.

Now that we have A New Hope (hee!) that is older and hopefully wiser and I won’t need to see Brooke fighting her battles for whoever she’s brought in for, I may enjoy this character the second time around.

• Love 1

I would have to agree with that. While AB is gorgeous and talented (given the very few opportunities she's had to implement them) she is the most dispensable. Having seen Sally in action, Ivy now seems like she wasn't a really good fit and was probably some type of hastily penned character Bradley Bell came up with on the fly after having seen/met her in Australia. He probably thought she'd be a good hook for that market or something. Of course, as we well know, while he is predictable as daily sunrise/sunset, he also can throw these completely WTF curveballs into the mix (i.e. "The Summer of Sheila.")

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Oh GOD! Sheila's still around???

Sheila should've framed Quinn for her disappearance/murder which would allow for her to either disappear for good or pop back in and out to continue to gaslight her. Captive Cabin could've been the 'scene of the crime' with it being burned down and a body found inside. This would've allowed for Quinn's litany of crimes and issues to come back to haunt her as Det. Hot Dog begins the initial investigation but then due to the international crimes she committed (the possible murder of the jewelry guy; polluting the Seine with Ivy) an Interpol agent played by Ingo Rademacher arrives to take over the investigation and a cat and mouse game between him and Quinn begins...

You could even add in Katie and Wyatt who hates the guy, but Katie still in Nancy Drew mode finds herself intrigued by this guy who initially finds her annoyingly interfering and then annoyingly cute and who Katie finds to be alluring and infuriating as well....

Then if Ingo wants to leave, he can when the case is over. Or he can be hired on as a Forrester investigator for crimes against fashion.

• Love 5

NuHope's debut but WTF to Ridge being there to welcome her home. He was never any kind of father to her and always favored blood vs water. Just the sight of him touching Brooke is enough to make my blood boil.
Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 7

On a tangent to that, I was always irritated that Hope only ever shared all of two day's worth of scene time with Nick while he was still around...especially when he was married to her own sister for much of that time. He loved her like one of his own, more so than Ridge was ever capable of showing. He would have been welcomed during the ToD to put a well deserved fire into Liam's waffling ass that Ridge was incapable of doing for either Hope or Steffy.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

I was always irritated that Hope only ever shared all of two day's worth of scene time with Nick while he was still around

I'm glad they didn't, I was always afraid the idiots were going to have them sleep together *ick*

58 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

NuHope's debut but WTF to Ridge being there to welcome her home. He was never any kind of father to her and always favored blood vs water. Just the sight of him touching Brooke is enough to make my blood boil.

It definitely looks like Ridge is surprising Brooke with Hope's arrival. No doubt he's trying to win her back with 'magnanimous' gestures.

Would be a hoot if the joke's on him and Hope and Thorne have grown closer working over in Paris and she gives HIM the double thumbs up to Brooke on who she should date.

44 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

to put a well deserved fire into Liam's waffling ass that Ridge was incapable of doing for either Hope or Steffy.

Nick Marone has no room to talk dating both Brooke and Bridget and cheating on Bridget with Brooke knowing their history AND Katie.

He can sit his ass down and chomp on a cigar. But send hot ass Jack Marone on back to L.A. to stir things up and get him some Coco. Or Nicole. Or Darlita!

• Love 3

For a second I thought the Quinn spoiler was about when Liam walked in on Wyatt pre-captive cabin but then I realized how would she know that went down.

This show needs to stop having the two of them cross. Eric could've been the one to drop this tidbit on Liam. Quinn needs to stay away from Liam and remain that way.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Ugh to that steam room picture...just nasty!

But I'm guessing this means Brooke is really in a full fledged triangle with Ridge and Thorne.  I can't recall them having Brooke and nuRidge get too freaky so this is a change of pace with them in towels and back in the steam room!

The hilarity comes when NuThorne strolls in like an adonis and Ridge shrinks into the corner. ;)

• Love 6
On 12/1/2017 at 9:33 AM, TobinAlbers said:

Nick Marone has no room to talk dating both Brooke and Bridget and cheating on Bridget with Brooke knowing their history AND Katie.

True, but neither did Eric when he read Liam like all seven volumes of Harry Potter last year. Or Brooke when she was going on and on about Quinn cheating on Eric with his son. Doesn't make them wrong.

Steffy had her whole family supporting her: Ridge played Switzerland but was far more supportive of Steffy when she and Waffles were split up; Taylor enabled the stupid to piss on Brooke; Thomas was hitting on Hope to keep her away from Waffles. And of course the Gangster Grandma herself. Anyone that supported Hope found themselves getting locked in a closet or being the unwilling facilitator of another Lope breakup.

So yeah, Hope deserved to have at least one brash voice in her corner who would not only call Bronco Bill* out on the bully he is but hopefully tell her as he did her mother ages ago that she deserves so much better than what that idiot was giving her. No matter what I thought of Nick "Captain Save-a-Heaux" Marone in the later half of his tenure, he unequivocally loved and supported Hope and RJ as his own.

*I imagine Nick would have giving him that nickname. It just fits somehow.

23 hours ago, DollEyes said:

As far as I'm cincerned, Quinn needs to keep Liam, aka "Adam's" name out of her mouth forever.

I will never not support this idea.

On 12/1/2017 at 1:39 PM, TobinAlbers said:

This show needs to stop having the two of them cross. Eric could've been the one to drop this tidbit on Liam. Quinn needs to stay away from Liam and remain that way.

Also, this.

Y&R got this right when they limited the times Lily and Kevin interacted and the former was stiff and cold at best towards the latter. As it should be.

• Love 4

Bronco Bill. Hee. That's great. 

And true, Nick actually acting like a dependable father for Hope and a cool Uncle for RJ would've been great to get under Ridge's hackles and vs Deacon and Bill's antics.

Ridge and Nick/Bill are two sides of the same coin- men's men bullies who take no shit from anyone; Nick is less a captain of industry than Bill but both look down on pampered Ridge who makes 'drawings'. And yet b/c of Jackie, Nick for the most part embraces women and family (yet still could be a dick) while Bill is a distant ruthless dick to his wife and children and dismissive towards women in many ways.

• Love 2

I don’t think I can take this bullshit WTD. And if Liam apologizes to that cheating skank one more time I will throw a brick through my TV. The writers have driven that into the ground, broken it off and stomped it to death. ENOUGH.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I know Bridget's paternity was retconned over BTS BS but was there initially any question during the pregnancy?

Really?!  When was it reconned?  From what I remember Brooke had sex with Eric and Ridge in a relatively close window of time, she went to the local clinic for a test.  Sheila and Mike the security guard played Spin the Test Tube Carousel, and decided Ridge was the father, hence the named Bridget = Brooke and Ridge.  Of course the truth came out later, but I don't remember any retcon, but then again, I'm not a daily viewer.

• Love 2

Granted, my info is also second-hand, but from what I've gathered of the scenes I've been able to see, the Sheila hijinx were written in years after the fact. I even recall a clip in 95 where Eric was like "Oh yeah, do you remember that last date" which Brooke didn' recall because of drinking or some such rubbish. Every clip I've seen during that pregnancy seemed to imply that everyone was certain she was Ridge's

But the accommodations to Hunter Tylo's demands that Taylor not be allowed to divorce Ridge and be the only mother of his children when she became Born Again is true (hence Bridget being Eric's) which is why they were allowed their four years of uninterrupted marriage from '98 till the time she was killed off.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Granted, my info is also second-hand, but from what I've gathered of the scenes I've been able to see, the Sheila hijinx were written in years after the fact. I even recall a clip in 95 where Eric was like "Oh yeah, do you remember that last date" which Brooke didn' recall because of drinking or some such rubbish. Every clip I've seen during that pregnancy seemed to imply that everyone was certain she was Ridge's

But the accommodations to Hunter Tylo's demands that Taylor not be allowed to divorce Ridge and be the only mother of his children when she became Born Again is true (hence Bridget being Eric's) which is why they were allowed their four years of uninterrupted marriage from '98 till the time she was killed off.

That is exactly what happened.  I posted quite a bit on a couple of message boards during that time (one of which is still around), and there was a great deal of discussion about an interview that Hunter Tylo gave to SOD and in chat regarding her infamous "contract clauses."  She and her former husband, Michael Tylo, had actually separated (for the first time) during that period.  When Taylor was killed off the first time, it was to accommodate HTylo leave of absence to shoot a movie, The Maharajah's Daughter, in India.  She reportedly had an affair with an actor on the set and dumped Michael (who was very ill) for this guy.  I recall a very ugly, and very public custody battle with Y&R's Peter Bergman (Michael's best friend) testifying on his behalf.  Bergman even commented about it in SOD when asked, and he was thoroughly disgusted with HTylo and didn't hesitate to say so.  In addition, Kimberlin Brown testified against HTylo, which ended their very close friendship.  Things got so ugly on the set between those two that supposedly bodyguards had to be brought in.  Some straight up mess.

Fast forward and Michael and Hunter reconciled, with them becoming Born Again Christians.  She claimed that she was under demonic possession when she was in India and that her lover belonged to a cult, i.e. she wasn't responsible for what happened.  Michael joined a group called the Promise Keepers Men's Ministry.  Because he had been burned by his wife before, he insisted that certain things be put in place before he took her back and before she resumed her employment with B&B.  The next thing we knew was that she claimed to have clauses written into her contract that (a) Taylor had to always be shown in a good light; (b) there would be no divorce from Ridge; and (c) Taylor would be the only one allowed to have Ridge's children.  Not only was Bridget's paternity retconned, but Ridge and Taylor's storylines tended to be sappy, and Taylor always triumphed over Brooke.  That's why the Big Bear Baptism wasn't revealed until over a decade later.  According to Brad Bell--and HTylo--at the time, Taylor shagging James was "out of character" for her.  Too bad the fans and the soap rags remembered because they were always bringing it up.  That's why it was difficult for me to like Taylor  and why it was gratifying that she was finally called out for her hypocrisy.  Those "contract clauses" were also why religious references started showing up in some of Taylor's storylines.  For instance, when she was pregnant with the twins, a hospital chaplain laid hands on her abdomen, prayed over her and announced that he felt the "presence of the Holy Spirit" in one of the twins.  Dollars to donuts that twin wasn't Steffy.  Taylor was ill with TB and asked Brooke to take care of Ridge and the children if she died.  Brooke was in love with Thorne then.  When Taylor finally spit those twins out, she flatlined and floated with the angels until she was brought back.

At some point, Taylor took another dirt nap when HTylo was to appear on Melrose Place, which led to her suing Aaron Spelling because she was fired ostensibly for "changing her appearance" (the actress was actually pregnant).  It was reported that Spelling pretty much blackballed HTylo in the industry and her shot at prime time success was gone because no one would hire her.  And, back to B&B she came.

One of the reasons that Bradley gave for killing Taylor off the last time was because he had nowhere else for the character to go and she had been written into a corner.  He had also grown tired of HTylo's stunts, where she would whip up her fans on her fan site to petition the show when a storyline was coming down the pike that she didn't like.  B&B was notoriously tightfisted with its spoilers and leaking storylines before the soap media got them directly from the show was an absolute no-no.  I remember Bradley publicly reprimanded HTylo for leaking the Paris storyline on her fansite, and getting her fans to petition the show to not allow Ridge to leave Taylor for Brooke in Paris.  

I sometimes wonder why Bradley hasn't brought her back, and then I remember how tumultuous things were with her backstage.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 6

Thanks for the reminders guys, I do remember all of that, and then some.  I do remember when Kimberlin Brown hired a bodyguard that came with her on set, Hunter Tylo hired one as well in retaliation - only hers was a dwarf!  I would've paid huge money to see Susan Flannery's reaction to such shenanigans.

• Love 5

That sounds right. I read HT's book, "Making a Miracle," years ago and while the book was written more from a "victim" POV (re: Aaron Spelling) it was pretty raw.  Geez. Louise. If there were ever two people who seemed to bring out the absolute worst in each other, it was Hunter and Michael. Most of the book detailed their horrific, often violent fights (usually fueled by alcohol.) They seemed to have this sick co-dependent relationship where they couldn't live with each other, but couldn't live without each other. They both sounded like very jealous insecure people. Unless she omitted a lot of details, there didn't seem to be anything in Hunter's upbringing that would cause her to turn out to be such a hot mess. She married very young and had her first son, the one whom I believe, sadly died several years ago in a freak pool accident at the family home in Las Vegas.

There was a very long story about making the movie in India but it seemed more like a spiritual pilgrimage. I don't remember her ever referring to the Indian actor as being "possessed," but who knows what she spun after the fact?

I appreciate and respect that HT is a woman of faith and I am sure that was very helpful and comforting when she was dealing with all of that stress -- not only the "Melrose Place" trial and at the same time, her infant daughter was diagnosed with retinoblastoma.  (I would probably be spending a lot of time on my knees in the bedroom closet praying, too.)  However, that doesn't entitle her to shove her beliefs down the throats of not only the BB staff, but the audience as well. We've discussed this before about the rumors that Adam Gregory refused to entertain the idea of Thomas Forrester being gay because it offended on terms of his religious beliefs. I still stand that as an actor, do the damned job you're being paid the big bucks to do!

And shame on Bradley Bell for caving in to such unrealistic demands. I am glad that he finally turned the tables on her by outing Taylor as a hypocritical, sanctimonious shrew and Ridge dumped her ass immediately.

Actually, in reading that book, Kimberlin Brown came out sounding like a pretty rational, sane person. While I don't support her political views, I am kind of stoked that she's trying to make a difference and running for Congress. It sounds like she and her husband have done very well in life through numerous business ventures (including the avocado farm!) so kudos to her for at least pursuing her passions. I don't know much about what is going on with Hunter. The last I saw of her, she was on some web series called "Queens of Drama," with Donna Mills and 2-3 other soap actresses. It seemed like it had potential to be an interesting show, but it was the case of "too many divas" with Donna determined to be the queen bee. Hunter fell during one scene and allegedly dislocated her artificial hip and elbow. She was carted off in an ambulance and was never seen or heard from again. Even on the show, Donna said she tried to reach out to Hunter and received no reply. I know on a few episodes, Hunter and her latest husband were embroiled in a fight because he was insisting that she take his last name and she wanted to maintain the status quo for her -- for professional reasons.

• Love 4

@MulletorHater you just educated the heck out of me with the HT saga! That poor woman's life is it's own soap opera.

For some reason I'm especially tickled that Michael Tylo is BFFs with Peter Bergman as I remember waaaay back when they were both on AMC. Michael's character was a mercenary 'edgy' guy married to rich princess Nina whose presumed dead husband Dr. Cliff Warner was played by Bergman. Tylo's character was tasked with going to a politically unstable country to rescue Cliff who they found out was alive. Think the movie Proof of Life with Tylo as Russell's character and Nina as Meg Ryan. Tylo's character helped Cliff escape (Bergman all shaggy and dirty and bearded and unbathed) but was captured himself. Cliff staggered to the location Tylo's character sent him which was where Nina nervously waited. Upon seeing each other Cliff and Nina sobbed and had crazy stinky stanky reunion sex - ya'll think Steffy bonking Bill was nasty? Cliff was so damned gross looking that you could tell he reeked through the TV- but Nina had sex with him nonetheless -that's how much she loved him.

Of course the previous night, Nina had 'good luck rescuing my presumed dead husband/I won't dump you when he comes back (but maybe) I will' sex with him before sending him off so yup- she ended up pregnant in a WTD situation. Because Nina had issues conceiving this was an especially miracle pregnancy. Tylo's character and Cliff were at each other's throats, Nina was beside herself with grief and anguish and finally had to take a break from both men only to nearly lose the child after a random cross with another AMC villain. Nina had the baby but stayed with Tylo's character rather than Cliff (the Nina actress' contract was up) so Cliff was put with Angie, the interracial couple tanked, Bergman was shown the door in an exit storyline with Nina coming back with baby Bobby being sick and Cliff saving him, Nina's husband bravely stepping aside to allow the couple to reunite and Cliff and Nina riding off in the sunset with their son.

Damn those were good times.

Anyhoo, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened. Liam and Bill are at each other's throats, Steffy needs a break and goes to Big Bear, somehow Sheila does something to endanger her (maybe causes an avalanche or snowdrift to fall on Steffy), she and the baby are in danger but ultimately pull through with one of the men stepping aside to allow Steffy and the baby have a family drama free. Steffy goes with the man who stayed but is always looking at the other one while he moves on but the relationship is a bust (Liam with Sally of nuHope or Bill with...someone) Baby Steffy needs medical help which brings the estranged love back to help and they all finally realize that Steffy's been with the wrong man and should be with the other one as they're the true real love.

Whoever ultimately wins Steffy depends on what mood Brad Bell is in and/or if Liam is a hit with Sally and/or nuHope.

• Love 3

Highlight Hollywood spoilers

Monday, December 11, 2017
Episode 7732
• Brooke attempts to make peace between brothers Ridge and Thorne, but eventually push comes to shove!
• Steffy's guilt becomes unbearable as Liam continues to take the blame for their current marital woes.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Episode 7733
• Thorne surprises Brooke with an unexpected kiss and a confession of his true feelings.
• Nicole discloses the intimate moment she witnessed between Brooke and Thorne -- to Maya.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Episode 7734
• Ridge shows Steffy the engagement ring he asked Quinn to make and asks for his daughter's blessing.
• Bill is forced to hide his feelings for Steffy -- when Liam shares with him their plan for a new beginning.

Thursday, December 14, 2017
Episode 7735
• Steffy and Liam delight in their reunion and savor every moment together, as they make love at the cliff house.
• Thorne reveals the secret of what he's been doing Paris and his desire to oust Ridge from Forrester Creations -- to Eric.

Friday, December 15, 2017
Episode 7736
• On bended knee, Ridge makes a romantic and passionate proposal of marriage to Brooke.
• Quinn boldly defends herself, and her previous actions with Ridge -- to Thorne.

Source: http://highlighthollywood.com/2017/12/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-spoilers-for-the-week-of-dec-11-15-romance-confrontations-and-casting-news/

Pro: Rena and Ingo scenes

Con: If this is the start of Quorne/Thinn I'm a hard pass on that ish. Quinn like Steffy and Brooke before her inexplicably have men calling for her. I don't need to see Thorne twinkling his eyes at Quinn saying she's an amazing woman. 

WTH is Ridge thinking having Quinn design Brooke's engagement ring?

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Just...

....whut.

I didn't think he could top himself with the Raggedy Red Ribbon he kept on Katie's  finger until he waffled off to Caroline, but there he goes. ? Why doesn't he hire Sheila to be Steffy's midwife while he's at it?

...actually, I would support that, because then Baby Spencer would be raised with an intelligent parent if Sheila decides this is the closest thing to Eric's baby that she can get.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

The only thought that ever goes through Ridge's mind is - "I'm the best most special person ever because my mommy told me so."

Bridget's paternity was always in question.  When she was born, a DNA test was done, and Stephanie along with Ridge and Eric had to supply DNA in order for the doctors to determine the father since Ridge and Eric were father and son.  This is just one of the many reasons retconning Ridge's paternity and making Massimo his father was so dumb.

Ridge refused to leave Taylor even when he believed Bridget was his daughter.  Eric had told Sheila if Brooke's baby was his, he was going to try to make things work with Brooke, Rick and the new baby.  That's why Sheila switched the tests.

So the return of Thorne and Hope is going to result in more triangles?  Oh, joy.  Not.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

When she was born, a DNA test was done, and Stephanie along with Ridge and Eric had to supply DNA in order for the doctors to determine the father since Ridge and Eric were father and son. 

Huh wonder what Liam and Bill will have to do since they're father and son as well with Steffy's WTD sweepstakes as Liam's mother is dead. However she may have her samples on file in a medical databank since she had cancer. Although DNA tests have advanced since then so it may be moot.

I wonder if the twist ends up being that when they do the paternity tests for the baby it shows that Liam and Bill aren't father and son afterall! We thought Wyatt was the fake when it's Liam. We get a retcon flashback of someone mucking the results. Then Liam has a new story of tracking down who his real daddy is. Or -since we're in retcon mode- wouldn't it be something if Bill, Sr. was Liam's dad? Meaning he is an equal owner of Spencer Pub with Karen and Bill, so he's actually due a third of the big pie. Bill would implode. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Huh wonder what Liam and Bill will have to do since they're father and son as well with Steffy's WTD sweepstakes as Liam's mother is dead. However she may have her samples on file in a medical databank since she had cancer. Although DNA tests have advanced since then so it may be moot.

I wonder if the twist ends up being that when they do the paternity tests for the baby it shows that Liam and Bill aren't father and son afterall! We thought Wyatt was the fake when it's Liam. We get a retcon flashback of someone mucking the results. Then Liam has a new story of tracking down who his real daddy is. Or -since we're in retcon mode- wouldn't it be something if Bill, Sr. was Liam's dad? Meaning he is an equal owner of Spencer Pub with Karen and Bill, so he's actually due a third of the big pie. Bill would implode. 

Yes they have.

There were at least two paternity tests done on Bridget a few years apart, and both of them were interfered with.  One when Ridge was said to be the father, and then the other showed Eric as the father.  They can't go back and retcon that now (they could but it would be major ewww on top of SLs that were already really yucky), but at one time it was a possibility Bridget's paternity would be switched again.

I don't think Liam would have to go on another search.  If they do DNA tests on Bill and Liam for Steffy's baby, their DNA results will show if they have the same father, and are half brothers.

45 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

@TobinAlbers  That is a great idea!!  I would love it if Dolla Sr was Liam's real Dad.

I like this idea to.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

I sometimes wonder why Bradley hasn't brought her back, and then I remember how tumultuous things were with her backstage.

Frankly, I’m surprised Bill Bell didn’t send her packing when she came back in 95, when he cut original recipe Jack Abbott for far, far less and threatened Eric Braeden when he and Bergman got into that infamous fight.

Thanks for all of that, btw. Wow!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Frankly, I’m surprised Bill Bell didn’t send her packing when she came back in 95, when he cut original recipe Jack Abbott for far, far less and threatened Eric Braeden when he and Bergman got into that infamous fight.

Given Bell recast Thorne with WH being well loved by the cast and fans, there is no excuse at this point to not recast Taylor. She's especially needed on canvas with Sheila on as well as Steffy and Ridge.

Now who could fill her spot? Florencio Lozano (Tea from OLTL) could play bitchy self righteous psychiatrist although she's 7 years younger than Hunter but is age appropriate to Ingo and she'd be a good match with Bill. She might look too young as Steffy's mother and I'm not sure if she'd click with nuRidge as former marrieds.

• Love 2

Hmm...I hope the ATWT fans don’t kill me for suggesting this, but...Marie Wilson? By the time Meg Ryan Snyder was written off the show, she was completely off her rocker while still maintaining the superiority that the Snyder family was infamous for...which is basically what Taylor 2.0 was all about anyway. I just found out she’s currently on Days, but damn, she’d make a perfect Taylor Hayes.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Thanks for all of that, btw. Wow!

This is why I tend to discount a lot of the rumors about actors and actresses.  Anyone who is that much of a PITA is usually shown the door and replaced.  Even the top A-list movie stars can only get away with Diva behavior so long as they bring in the millions.  When they no longer do, they are out as well.

Steffy in a WTD story is a misstep in a long line of missteps.  When Steffy first came on, she wanted to work in the mailroom because she wanted to learn the business from the ground up, was dating Marcus, told Rick to leave her alone, and told Ridge both Ridge and Eric's behavior embarrassed her.  It was so refreshing to have someone call the men out on their behavior since previously it was always the women getting criticized.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Hmm...I hope the ATWT fans don’t kill me for suggesting this, but...Marie Wilson? By the time Meg Ryan Snyder was written off the show, she was completely off her rocker while still maintaining the superiority that the Snyder family was infamous for...which is basically what Taylor 2.0 was all about anyway. I just found out she’s currently on Days, but damn, she’d make a perfect Taylor Hayes.

She could work too although she seems more like a Katie than a Taylor. Her parenting Steffy would be hilarious.

Also as an aside Meg Snyder was screwed over. Paul drove Emily nuts (and got her pregnant) she terrorized and kidnapped Meg who then had to help deliver the stillborn baby only for years later to have Meg get pregnant by Paul, go bonkers being pulled apart by Paul and Craig, then terrorize Paul and a 'sane' Emily and lose custody of a baby she had longed for so long and Pemily get their HEA with Meg's baby.

3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Steffy in a WTD story is a misstep in a long line of missteps. 

With Hope coming back, the show can afford to have their 'ingenue' finally get pregnant. Steffy no longer has to cavort in bikinis and is moving into the next phase of adulthood while Hope and Sally can take over for sexy young kitten.

And really it's time for Steffy to pop out a kid. She's the lone legacy Forrester female on the show. But there was no way she'd have a baby drama free; Raya had surrogacy drama while CaRidge had rape/WTD drama. In fact this story is probably a redo of the Caromas/CaRidge WTD baby drama they wanted to do and play out  only with the rape the fans rebelled and they scuttled it. Still's ONS was not compromised by drugs or alcohol so Still doens't have that baggage to overcome like Caromas. This WTD really is Steffy making a 'mistake' even while legitimately drawn to her ONS and having feelings for both men that the show can play on.

• Love 1

Also as an aside Meg Snyder was screwed over.

She really was. And to add insult to injury is was Damien Gramaldi of all people who sent her cookoo for cocoa puffs. I mean...i felt Meg* was nearly as propped as Steffy is now by the time she was written out the show but....suffice it to say, I have some opinions about Pemily 3.0 that ran counter to popular TwoP beliefs, their history in the 80s/90s aside.

*my phone always auto corrects Meg to Meh. That is...telling. very telling.

4 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Steffy in a WTD story is a misstep in a long line of missteps. 

I've always said TIIC have royally fucked over every legacy child since the original group of CJ/Rick/Bridget, and even their development was hardly expanded upon. CJ disappeared, Amber and Rick's teen fatherhood has been a footnote in a history that's been far more defined by being the seventh generation bootleg DVD copy of Thorne and Bridget was the show's  whipping girl whose romanic history was more another excuse to show Brooke in the worst possible light.

Everyone from Phoebe forward didn't stand a ghost of a chance and with Ridge "Bridge cheerleader #5" Forrester Jr., they didn't bother trying. 

And really it's time for Steffy to pop out a kid...This WTD really is Steffy making a 'mistake' even while legitimately drawn to her ONS and having feelings for both men that the show can play on.

I agree there's a lot to be mined here. And yeah, nine years on the show is a long time to go without having a kid. They'v got plenty of females to fill Steffy's vixen shoes.  It's a great opportunity to reboot Hope into a more full rounded character who has had a chance to become her own person and shake off the baggage of her conception that influenced her views on sex. 

• Love 2

Oh God, I forgot to comment about Bridge reunion #4322497643565...but what is left to say that hasn't been said since the first time Ridge unceremoniously ditched her when she was no longer valuable to him as an incubator?

And besides that, KKL and TK have no chemistry at all, as it' been demonstrated twice before. What is the big deal in letting either--or both--stay single for a while?

That's rhetorical, btw.

• Love 2

I thought that Brooke vowed to remain single for a while. Or ... am I confused and somebody else decided that for her? I know that several people have advised her along that path. Maybe a week or so is "a while" for Brooke.

I can't say it enough how much this irks me. There are so many other (better) possibilities for Brooke than to be passed around between Bill and Sludge (and now Thorne) like a well-worn football. A perfect revenge story would be for Brooke to throw herself full-time into mentoring Sally. Lord knows, the poor girl could use it. Grams doesn't know the fashion business like Brooke does and it would be really good for Sally to have a strong ally who wasn't somebody she would fall in love with or play "damsel in distress" with.

Just to have Brooke drift around from man to man like a ship without a rudder is so degrading not only to the character, but to women in general. I read the weekly opinion/recap column from Soap Central. (I usually just read that as mind-flossy entertainment.) While is was a bit too soap-boxy for my liking, the writer raised some good points. Given what's going on today with all of the revelations of sexual misconduct, TV shows might need to start taking a hard look at how they portray workplace relationships. She had several recent examples from B&B of inappropriate behavior at FC from both men towards women and women towards men, the most recent being the models ogling Thorne and flirting with him.

If the B&B writers suddenly became PC about sexual misconduct in the office, then 3/4 of their storylines would have be abandoned!  The FC steam room would have to be permanently shut down!

Specifically how this relates to Brooke is that the character makes noises like she is this self-actualized woman, but in reality, she is just a woman whose sole existence is defined by having a man in her life. Her words and behavior don't match. Therefore, she is a target for innuendos, man-handling, being objectified, etc.  KKL deserve so much better.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, grisgris said:

I thought that Brooke vowed to remain single for a while. Or ... am I confused and somebody else decided that for her?

I don't blame you for being confused, that's been written for Brooke a few times (with no follow through, naturally).

9 hours ago, grisgris said:

A perfect revenge story would be for Brooke to throw herself full-time into mentoring Sally.

I would love this!  Please take this idea back to your bosses, intern lurkers!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, grisgris said:

Just to have Brooke drift around from man to man like a ship without a rudder is so degrading not only to the character, but to women in general.

This has been Brooke's SL since the beginning of the show.  If the writers insist on another Ridge/Brooke reunion, then they should keep them together and put them on the back burner.  Enough with the waffling and wasting other characters on these two selfish idiots.

• Love 2
On 12/9/2017 at 1:56 PM, Anna Yolei said:

Don't forget Bill Bell firing Brenda Dickson!

• Love 1