Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Valerie's Home Cooking

Recommended Posts

Looks like Valerie is a way better actress than anyone thought she was. !  Her crying video made it to the Today show Instagram account , complete with a picture and quotes from her about the “fat shaming “ video reaction ! 

Seriously? Her book is about self acceptance but she’s crying over one poster’s comments ? The Today show and NBC where she will have her sitcom have some obvious deal with Valerie.  Hoda and will also  be in her cooking show now!  I am expecting more drama and clickbait until the sitcom starts and her book is being officially promoted .   Too bad, I thought Valerie was someone who wore her heart on her sleeve , but now it seems as though she’s fallen into faking it for publicity.

 

Share this post


Link to post

On 7/8/2021 at 6:26 PM, marmalade said:

Her book seems to be about self - acceptance , but she seems no where close to doing that . She also seems to know she is going through something .  Now if she would just get the right kind of private therapy and then She could share her experiences is a less emotional and vulnerable state .  

 

On 7/9/2021 at 5:20 AM, snowydaze said:

Seriously? Her book is about self acceptance but she’s crying over one poster’s comments ? The Today show and NBC where she will have her sitcom have some obvious deal with Valerie.  Hoda and will also  be in her cooking show now!  I am expecting more drama and clickbait until the sitcom starts and her book is being officially promoted . 

That's the thing - I think Valerie is very relatable addressing her struggles regarding childhood influences, self-esteem and body issues...but she's also written three books about embracing acceptance that all seem to be in the Oprah vein of "well, NOW I get it!". Many may identify with her so they make a purchase for answers. It doesn't seem like any permanent solutions have been found, so when Valerie keeps dipping into that well for revenue it feels a bit unseemly. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, chick binewski said:

 

That's the thing - I think Valerie is very relatable addressing her struggles regarding childhood influences, self-esteem and body issues...but she's also written three books about embracing acceptance that all seem to be in the Oprah vein of "well, NOW I get it!". Many may identify with her so they make a purchase for answers. It doesn't seem like any permanent solutions have been found, so when Valerie keeps dipping into that well for revenue it feels a bit unseemly. 

I agree ! She seems to want to make money off of telling us how to accept ourselves by telling us how she has done it.   But, then she cries over one poster’s comments about needing to lose weight ! Sorry - I don’t buy it !   But she got a ton of publicity on the very social media platform ,  and every entertainment site and even the NY Daily news is posting her picture and quoting her !

I always liked Valerie and  just thought she had some issues she needed to deal with , now I feel like she’s being manipulative and playing up the online crying to be relatable and sell her upcoming book and  also get attention for her upcoming project . 

Edited by snowydaze
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Becoming a little more Look At Me, The Smother Mother! and less tasty recipe demo show. I don’t watch the show in a vacuum and this season I’m sorry when it shows up instead of Delicious, Miss Brown (formerly in that time slot).

Self-indulgence under the guise of self-help isn’t my cup o’ tea.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Cooking with Hoda and Hoda is wearing a shirt with ties at the wrists.  Why would she wear something that is getting into the food? It was driving me crazy!!

Valerie is wearing a sweater with giant lemons that is doing her no favors. Also the blond highlights on sides of her face are also doing her no favors.  She was so washed out.

It is all is got out of the show!

Edited by Rightside
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I chuckled at the lemon shirt, Valerie loves her lemons.

Got the chance to see the IG where she was upset....as a woman who has been overweight all her life, I related to what she was saying.  I could never be a celebrity due to being so thin skinned, especially when it comes to my weight.  That said, Mrs. Moto and the others that felt the need to comment on someone's weight, someone who they will likely never meet is such a shitty thing to do.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I chuckled at the lemon shirt, Valerie loves her lemons.

Got the chance to see the IG where she was upset....as a woman who has been overweight all her life, I related to what she was saying.  I could never be a celebrity due to being so thin skinned, especially when it comes to my weight.  That said, Mrs. Moto and the others that felt the need to comment on someone's weight, someone who they will likely never meet is such a shitty thing to do.

Yes, it is shitty but Valerie normally is telling people off on Twitter , not thin skinned ! Suddenly when she’s trying to sell her self acceptance book she is crying ?? Give me a break ! Now she’s quoted on every social media site and low and behold - her book is a best seller on pre sales !  Good acting though !

Share this post


Link to post

Valerie’s screenshots are sad in many ways ! She is all over the place now and getting a lot of publicity !  But her book is a best seller , so some unflattering crying  videos over one post is worth it !

A35A04C0-4A58-4D9A-9777-BA031169B5BE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Rightside said:

Cooking with Hoda and Hoda is wearing a shirt with ties at the wrists.  Why would she wear something that is getting into the food? It was driving me crazy!!

Valerie is wearing a sweater with giant lemons that is doing her no favors. Also the blond highlights on sides of her face are also doing her no favors.  She was so washed out.

I think Valerie always looks put together, and as someone with greying hair and a growing weight problem I appreciate that can be tough some days. I thought the highlights were part of the slow process of going back to brown but maybe not.

But both the lemon and lightning sweaters need to go. Immediately. 

8 minutes ago, goldenpuppy said:

She is all over the place now and getting a lot of publicity !  But her book is a best seller , so some unflattering crying  videos over one post is worth it !

This does not seem really...sincere? I would probably last about 5 minutes being famous, and anyone who comments on someone's weight like the poster did is an idiot. But Valerie had a big resurgence by literally making her weight an issue. Jenny Craig, magazine covers, a tv show, books. Then a cooking show, more books and talk show appearances when the weight came back.  She's got a right to her feelings but you can't release acres of personal disclosures then publicize a book by claiming you're offended by someone's (terrible) reaction.

As far as the episode, the dressing looked good but I'd switch out the cheese - brie is a hassle in salad. The virtual cooking wasn't handled great - Hoda was there for about the last 10 minutes only. And Hoda got the anchor spot bc NBC went to soft news after they ousted Matt; I don't really think it was well-deserved. (Clearly I do not live in grace and gratitude...)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Aside from her personal life, has anybody tried her recipes?  I catch her show here and there, and most of it looks pretty good, but I'd be curious if anybody here has made something of hers that is worth the effort.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Aside from her personal life, has anybody tried her recipes?  I catch her show here and there, and most of it looks pretty good, but I'd be curious if anybody here has made something of hers that is worth the effort.  

I love her Blueberry Tart. Think I'll make it tomorrow as I have lots of blueberries. It's a  simple, basic tart and it's delicious.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't pay a lot of attention to what kind of stove Hoda had, but those dangly ties on her shirt were just asking to be caught on fire! May be cute on camera for a talk show, not so much for a cooking show.

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, snowydaze said:

Yes, it is shitty but Valerie normally is telling people off on Twitter , not thin skinned ! Suddenly when she’s trying to sell her self acceptance book she is crying ?? Give me a break ! Now she’s quoted on every social media site and low and behold - her book is a best seller on pre sales !  Good acting though !

Yeah, I have nothing but sympathy for her weight issues as I'm around her age and suffering from similar issues myself.  I get angry at well meaning doctors who act like all I have to do is go on some kind of diet and exercise program and that's all I need, implying that I have some self control issue I need to conquer, as if there's some kind of flaw in my character.  Meanwhile I've done all those things over the years multiple times and it just doesn't work and not for lack of trying either.  Like Valerie, my weight issues didn't start until middle age so it can be doubly rough to have to live with the change in appearance plus being over 60.  It's no picnic.  No one wants to admit that there are medical and age related issues that can make it pretty impossible to keep a normal weight.  If anyone knew what I ate in a day they would know how unfair life has been to me, as it was to my mother, her mother and her mother's mother.  Obviously there is a genetic and/or hormonal cause to this syndrome that is activated after menopause but the medical community is being extremely obtuse about this issue and instead jumps on the same BS diet/exercise mantra as all the people trying to make a buck on the poor fat older women that want to lose weight.

All that said, it is not lost on me that Valerie is never one to let an opportunity go by if it gets her attention and makes her a buck.  She did it with Jenny Craig a decade ago and she just did it now with this attention-grabbing video that just happens to be timed right around her new book.  It's the perfect publicity stunt.  So for that reason I can't be all THAT sympathetic.  Plus she has the money to get the best help for her weight problem.  If I were her I'd hire a cook like Oprah did and go to the best doctors and trainers out there.  Plus if she's that upset there's always liposuction and the non-invasive procedures. 

In the words of the dear departed Joan Rivers, "If you're poor and you don't look good, it's not your fault.  But if you're rich and you don't look good, it's your fault".  RIP Joan.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Aside from her personal life, has anybody tried her recipes?  I catch her show here and there, and most of it looks pretty good, but I'd be curious if anybody here has made something of hers that is worth the effort.  

Her cocktails always look yummy to me and she sure doesn't skimp on the amount of booze.  She can be my friend anytime just for that.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Aside from her personal life, has anybody tried her recipes?  I catch her show here and there, and most of it looks pretty good, but I'd be curious if anybody here has made something of hers that is worth the effort.  

I flove this recipe for lemon bucatini, but I usually swap out the mascarpone with creme fraiche (and you want to take it easy on the pasta water).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Plus she has the money to get the best help for her weight problem.  If I were her I'd hire a cook like Oprah did and go to the best doctors and trainers out there. 

It's really is not about the money. Trainers quit on celebs as well when they don't show up or do the work. Doctors and trainers can't do the work for someone else.

Valerie is a cook (not sure if there are formal requirements to be a cook vs chef)  with a cooking show.  She should be able to prepare her own meals. I rarely see her cook much with healthy ingredients.

I still like her but her wardrobe people need to up their game.

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Aside from her personal life, has anybody tried her recipes?  I catch her show here and there, and most of it looks pretty good, but I'd be curious if anybody here has made something of hers that is worth the effort.  

I make the celery salad she uses for her Buffalo Chicken sliders....it is good on its own or especially on a fried chicken sandwich!

I've also tried roasting veggies...now where's THIS been all my life!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I've also tried roasting veggies...now where's THIS been all my life!

Ina Garten has been showing roasted veggies for years.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Yeah No said:

If I were her I'd hire a cook like Oprah did and go to the best doctors and trainers out there. 

and how many times has Oprah lost and regained the weight?

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Rightside said:

It's really is not about the money. Trainers quit on celebs as well when they don't show up or do the work. Doctors and trainers can't do the work for someone else.

Valerie is a cook (not sure if there are formal requirements to be a cook vs chef)  with a cooking show.  She should be able to prepare her own meals. I rarely see her cook much with healthy ingredients.

I still like her but her wardrobe people need to up their game.

She obviously needs help and isn't getting it.  My point is that she can afford better help than I can, so with that going for her one would expect better success.  I can be the queen of negativity on this subject but even I feel that I could succeed more with more money to spend.  If I had her money right now I can think of several things I could do to improve my situation that would each likely have some success, contributing to a better outcome.  There is no one magic bullet or perfect solution that comes without effort in addition to money, but without the money to afford the better help I am at a disadvantage compared to her, AND Oprah, BTW.

If she has trouble staying away from the wrong kinds of food because she's a cook, she could hire a nutritionist/diet counselor that can steer her toward food that might help her particular problems, not work against them.  A person that cooks and has a cooking show can need this help more than most people because their job continually puts them in the path of foods that make them gain weight, and she's a cook, not a nutritionist.  It might not hurt to have someone with the expertise to take medical issues and even DNA into account.  These are all things it requires money and someone with the right expertise to help her achieve.  If she insists on cooking the wrong foods for her show then it might help her to have a personal cook that prepares her the foods that don't work against her.  Whatever works.  I'm a home cook and love to cook, but back in the day I took advantage of Jenny Craig to help me lose weight, when that worked for me.  I know it worked for Valerie too.  But post menopause it gets trickier and Jenny doesn't work for me anymore.  And I'm no nutritionist or diet expert with the knowledge or ability to find a new way that works for me.

Of course money isn't everything, she has to stick with it.  But that's exactly my point.  She has the money, she just needs to have the motivation.  I have less motivation because I don't have the money to afford the better help, so it's a little more understandable that I don't have as much motivation.  What's her excuse?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Quof said:

and how many times has Oprah lost and regained the weight?

Yeah, the yo-yo is the nemesis of most celebrities/people trying to diet. Been there done that so many times. What finally go me on track was a Diabetes dx in 2012 and Breast cancer in 2013. Cancer free since surgery in 2013 and diabetes under control 9 months  after dx w low carb high fat diet.  Not an easy road, but my pcp wrongly consideres me "cured" of diabetes. Not true it is controlled!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/14/2021 at 1:42 AM, Yeah No said:

She obviously needs help and isn't getting it.  My point is that she can afford better help than I can, so with that going for her one would expect better success.  I can be the queen of negativity on this subject but even I feel that I could succeed more with more money to spend.  If I had her money right now I can think of several things I could do to improve my situation that would each likely have some success, contributing to a better outcome.  There is no one magic bullet or perfect solution that comes without effort in addition to money, but without the money to afford the better help I am at a disadvantage compared to her, AND Oprah, BTW.

If she has trouble staying away from the wrong kinds of food because she's a cook, she could hire a nutritionist/diet counselor that can steer her toward food that might help her particular problems, not work against them.  A person that cooks and has a cooking show can need this help more than most people because their job continually puts them in the path of foods that make them gain weight, and she's a cook, not a nutritionist.  It might not hurt to have someone with the expertise to take medical issues and even DNA into account.  These are all things it requires money and someone with the right expertise to help her achieve.  If she insists on cooking the wrong foods for her show then it might help her to have a personal cook that prepares her the foods that don't work against her.  Whatever works.  I'm a home cook and love to cook, but back in the day I took advantage of Jenny Craig to help me lose weight, when that worked for me.  I know it worked for Valerie too.  But post menopause it gets trickier and Jenny doesn't work for me anymore.  And I'm no nutritionist or diet expert with the knowledge or ability to find a new way that works for me.

Of course money isn't everything, she has to stick with it.  But that's exactly my point.  She has the money, she just needs to have the motivation.  I have less motivation because I don't have the money to afford the better help, so it's a little more understandable that I don't have as much motivation.  What's her excuse?

Supposedly she’s all about self -acceptance which now translates into accepting being fat or obese .   But, since she is so ok with herself to the point that she wrote a new book about it , why is she crying about one poster saying that she needed to lose weight?
 

 Makes no sense , except that it for her tearful pictures were all media along with quotes about hurtful comments that most women relate to , wnd her book is now a bestseller in presale ! 

 

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe she was already having a really bad day and the comment sent her over the edge? I know that happens with me, LOL.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, andidante said:

Maybe she was already having a really bad day and the comment sent her over the edge? I know that happens with me, LOL.

I think someone who has been in the public eye  since she was a child is way more savy and calculating about what she puts out on social media than an average person ! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I thought this show was going to be the last for season 12, but the FN site just put up more upcoming episodes. No Tom, but apparently one show is built around assisting a visually-impaired home chef which is kind of cool.

Valerie always tempts me to make savory crackers; the breakfast cookies sounded interesting, but I think I might prefer a softer consistency - like a cross between a biscuit and scone.

Share this post


Link to post

All those cookies looked store bought.

I know she uses the scooper and the cookie cutter but I like homemade cookies  that don't all look alike!

Edited by Rightside

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/16/2021 at 9:41 PM, goldenpuppy said:

I think someone who has been in the public eye  since she was a child is way more savy and calculating about what she puts out on social media than an average person ! 

Yes, me too.  I give her more credit than that, which is why I suspect it was a calculated move for attention.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/16/2021 at 8:41 PM, goldenpuppy said:

I think someone who has been in the public eye  since she was a child is way more savy and calculating about what she puts out on social media than an average person ! 

And putting her Twitter account to good use today! 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I watched an episode this morning in which Val made fondu for her pals Melissa Peterman/husband. If she said “Mrs. Van Halen” once, she said it a hundred times. Geez, girl. Get some help.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder why she is so formal when speaking of her ex's mother. I wonder if she called her Mrs. Van Halen through their marriage? Not that there's anything wrong with that, just curious.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/22/2021 at 6:16 PM, buttersister said:

And putting her Twitter account to good use today! 

 

This made me view some of Valerie's posts and reminded me why I have liked her through her career - she's a bit less mindful gratitude and more direct. Even with the weight video, she explains she was part of the problem and that karma is a bitch. I wish we'd see more of this on the show (not swearing - just more openness), but FN likes happy drones.

As for the pic above - I know Eddie cited Clapton throughout his life as an influence, I think Clapton said Eddie's version of the blues was...not good, but apparently they were both complementary towards each other through the years. This seems a little like Val continuing to bring up David Lee Roth, even though Eddie played on and off with him for years after he initially split.

Unless Clapton was a dick to HER, which as I type this I could totally see. Except Eddie's in the pic and I have to overanalyze all VH mentions.

1 hour ago, andidante said:

I wonder why she is so formal when speaking of her ex's mother. I wonder if she called her Mrs. Van Halen through their marriage? Not that there's anything wrong with that, just curious.

I believe both parents were immigrants...there may have been more formality within those cultures, although yeah - "Mrs" would feel a little severe to me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/22/2021 at 6:16 PM, buttersister said:

And putting her Twitter account to good use today! 

 

Valerie plays a lot on Twitter and is nasty at times to poster’s who cross her or her ,  Wolfie, or her ex dead hubby  who she is obsessed with in a weird way !

This is why her crying video over someone saying she needs to losse weight  seems more and more like a publicity BS stunt that conveniently was all over social media when her book about self acceptance went on preorder! 
 

I always liked Valerie and her cooking show is good . I think she’s also a perfect judge for the kids baking shows  . But now she just comes off wacky and also a bit fake , and I have to turn her off when she mentions Wolfie and acts like he’s 5 years old , or when she says the name VanHalen and talks about Eddie non stop while cooking .  

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Why are her new shows basically filmed in the dark? I mean, it can't be because she thinks its the perfect lighting to down play her wrinkles, right? Not Miss Self Acceptance. I saw the episode with the ugly lightning sweater this morning and it was like watching a show filmed in a dark closet. Her son and his wife looked less than excited to be there or to have her sloppy sandwiches for dinner. 

Is she still married? I haven't seen him or heard her mention him in a while. Lots of mentions of her dead ex though. 

Share this post


Link to post

52 minutes ago, andidante said:

I guess she went with her son on his tour. I find that interesting. 

I find it pathetic.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Today there was no mention of her latest hubby , Tom, but of course she had to squeeze in some mention  of going on tour with Ed which really didn’t fit in .  In the past she did a whole show about the trip she made to a Italy with Tom, today it was as if he never existed 

 

She mentioned  Ed  when she talked about going to Europe at 15.  She sounds like a teenager who needs to keep mentioning her crush even when it doesn’t fit the conversation.

I think it’s very likely Tom is no longer in the picture . I wonder if he couldn’t handle her obsession with Wolfie and her dead hubby.

She’s obviously troubled and needs some kind of help.  It’s too bad she seems to think Hoda, Maria Shriver and some quack they had her talk to on the air were a way to handle her issues .   She’s dealt with a lot of loss and stress , she needs a good  private therapist , needs to get off of Twitter , and learn to have some boundaries referring sharing every private feeling and emotion .

Edited by marmalade
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Why are her new shows basically filmed in the dark? I mean, it can't be because she thinks its the perfect lighting to down play her wrinkles, right? Not Miss Self Acceptance. I saw the episode with the ugly lightning sweater this morning and it was like watching a show filmed in a dark closet. Her son and his wife looked less than excited to be there or to have her sloppy sandwiches for dinner. 

Is she still married? I haven't seen him or heard her mention him in a while. Lots of mentions of her dead ex though. 

 

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

Today there was no mention of her latest hubby , Tom, but of course she had to squeeze in some mention  of going on tour with Ed which really didn’t fit in .  In the past she did a whole show about the trip she made to a Italy with Tom, today it was as if he never existed 

She mentioned  Ed  when she talked about going to Europe at 15.  She sounds like a teenager who needs to keep mentioning her crush even when it doesn’t fit the conversation.

I think it’s very likely Tom is no longer in the picture . 

I know they try to change it up every few seasons but this kitchen set is my least favorite. Maybe they designed it to be a bit smaller bc no guests during the pandemic? 

And the only conclusion my gossipy heart can come to is that the marriage is done. Val mentioned being in Italy with the cast of Hot in Cleveland, her travels with Ed,...but left out that Tom proposed to her in Italy?!

That being said, I find salad nicoise a little meh so I liked Valerie's spin on it. Also, any take on a French 75 sounds good to me.

Share this post


Link to post

It’s a shame Valerie’s not living her own life up to some of the people’s here specifications.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, opus said:

It’s a shame Valerie’s not living her own life up to some of the people’s here specifications.

Hmm, maybe some are attacking her weight or other things and that is a shame .

But when someone shares every bit if their life and then suddenly we s like her husband never existed but talks nonstop about her husband she divorced decades ago, who remarried and passed away, people will comment since Valerie made it a topic of conversation. Also her weird behavior with her 30 yews old son where she treats him like he is 5 years old on her show and on social media is something she  has chosen to make public . She also puts crying videos online , cries on the Today show about Eddie when she’s doing a cooking segment and has weird new age quacks do life coaching on Today .  Not to mention she fights with random idiots on Twitter .  
Valerie has chosen to make her life Abe feelings topic of conversation and that is why people comment . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

Hmm, maybe some are attacking her weight or other things and that is a shame .

But when someone shares every bit if their life and then suddenly we s like her husband never existed but talks nonstop about her husband she divorced decades ago, who remarried and passed away, people will comment since Valerie made it a topic of conversation. Also her weird behavior with her 30 yews old son where she treats him like he is 5 years old on her show and on social media is something she  has chosen to make public . She also puts crying videos online , cries on the Today show about Eddie when she’s doing a cooking segment and has weird new age quacks do life coaching on Today .  Not to mention she fights with random idiots on Twitter .  
Valerie has chosen to make her life Abe feelings topic of conversation and that is why people comment . 

Some of your points I agree with, some I don’t. I just needed to toss my two cents into the mix.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, marmalade said:

Today there was no mention of her latest hubby , Tom, but of course she had to squeeze in some mention  of going on tour with Ed which really didn’t fit in .  In the past she did a whole show about the trip she made to a Italy with Tom, today it was as if he never existed 

She was talking about Mediterranean food and said she had been to the Mediterranean on tour with Ed.

She could have just said she had been to the Mediterranean.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, chick binewski said:

And the only conclusion my gossipy heart can come to is that the marriage is done.

Coincidentally, the new issue of Star Magazine thinks they’re fine, which I found odd, because don’t tabloids usually lean into the darker side of things?

 

 

0BCE7B96-E53D-4812-8D0C-3973352B24DD.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I watched a show this past weekend in which she fried chicken thighs to make sandwiches for movie night with Wolfe and Andrea. Again she mentioned Ed over and over-he was so proud of Wolfie, every time she went over to see Ed he just bragged and bragged on their son, etc. I did notice that she was still wearing her wedding ring so I guess she’s still with Tom. He used to be on her show a lot and she talked about him a lot. Not now. And I hate her new set!! It’s dark and depressing.

Share this post


Link to post

Article in Star, eh? Maybe her publicity folks are working overtime? Glad she's wearing her ring. Maybe Tom is just giving her room to grieve her way. He's a better man than I. It rings of book deals, monetizing that grief, etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Gam2 said:

 And I hate her new set!! It’s dark and depressing.

I know!! It seems she always had a window (or faux window that looked real) above the kitchen sink on the other sets.

I hate the side by side oven doors!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

I know!! It seems she always had a window (or faux window that looked real) above the kitchen sink on the other sets.

I hate the side by side oven doors!

OK...I need to watch this show to see what's going on (especially the "darkness"). 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Rightside said:

I know!! It seems she always had a window (or faux window that looked real) above the kitchen sink on the other sets.

I hate the side by side oven doors!

I've been a little obsessed with French door ovens for the past decade, mostly bc I don't really understand their appeal. They look a tiny bit industrial to me in a home kitchen, unless you've got something like a La Cornue. I like some of the single side-door ovens, but the doubles don't seem to serve a purpose when they're essentially the same size as the singles on a wall oven. Maybe they needed something to break up the look of the blackish (or dark blue-grey - I can't tell) cabinets?

Like I said, obsessed.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size