Type keyword(s) to search

This Is CNN (Vaulted)

10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

A lot of this is good, but I just wish accountability was as important before the election.

Exactly!  WHY didnt the Press ask the tough questions of Trump & his people while he was campaigning?  Trump was saying ridiculous stuff while campaigning but nobody said anything, Trump just got lots of free air time.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Exactly!  WHY didnt the Press ask the tough questions of Trump & his people while he was campaigning?  Trump was saying ridiculous stuff while campaigning but nobody said anything, Trump just got lots of free air time.

According to his supporters, the press was mean and unfair. They treated him bad.  The media bias against him was pernicious. I saw no evidence of that. In fact, I feel that the media was instrumental in getting this turd bathed in cheetoh, elected as President. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9

I think Poppy Harlow is doing a good job of trying to mediate among her guests, she just had a young man on who had served with the US Military in Iraq & Afghanistan and who was speaking about the Iraqi Interpretor who had been detained at JFK airport. He said how  outrageous this is!  This man had helped the US Military for 10 years and his life was in danger by remaining in Iraq.  CNN is showing the crowd getting larger at JFK and now protests are breaking out at other airports around the US.  UGH...Trump knows nothing about the vetting process, like this young man said, for this Man to work for the US Military he had to be carefully vetted, and yet now they act like they are dangerous.

• Love 5

The only thing Poppy shows that isn't sad or scary is when she shows clips of fatty talking. What kind of a president describes things as fantastic, beautiful and terrific. 

Poppy had a report she did interviewing trump voters in Kentucky. The all agreed that there's no way to know if 3-5 million illegal votes were cast and want him to move on. Interesting that he's not talking about it anymore. Too busy signing executive orders.

And then I have to turn off Poppy because on comes Jeffrey Lord to talk BS about trump being a hero.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 6

Really CNN you ended your coverage of the protests across the country so you can run a tired show on the 80s.  I understand a major car company was sponsoring, so priorities.  MSNBC scooped you on the stay issued by a federal judge in New York - putting the brakes on Trump's racist order.

Go back to sleep.

• Love 11
On 1/28/2017 at 8:15 PM, stormy said:

And then I have to turn off Poppy because on comes Jeffrey Lord to talk BS about trump being a hero.

And Lord did that (despicably) after being shown, and then asked, whether this kind of Syrian [a dead child] was dangerous to the US.

He didn't have the guts to answer. Instead, he talked about 9/11 and how courageous Trump was for keeping danger from America's doorstep (or beach).  What stinking filth that man's soul is made of; to look at that horrific photo and feel nothing but the urge to pivot. 

Edited by WendyCR72
Edited to remove picture
  • Love 14

Ugh, every time I see Jeffrey Lord on-screen, I want to scream.  He said Nothing about the photo of the dead child, he totally pivoted to talk about Trump and other nonsense. The man is Heartless!

Edited by WendyCR72
Edited to remove picture
  • Love 8

Now on CNN the anchor is arguing that there is no evidence that Steve Bannon is a white supremacist.  WTF.  If they are taking drugs they need to share with their audience.

Nevermind - they went live to the coverage of the Screen Actors Guild awards. 

Stay asleep CNN.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, rallymantis said:

I thought it was polite of him not to point out who was President when that photo was taken.

It would've been (typical) Jeffrey Lord ignorance if he had said something like that, since the boy (Aylan Kurdi) and his extended family were hoping to make their way to an aunt living in Canada. The boy's uncle was denied refugee status due to the sickening policies of that prize Tory twit, Harper (which became an issue in the recent Canadian election). But even if Lord had tried, I think Poppy Harlow would've called him out on floating lies -- excuse me,  alternative facts -- in that segment because she was not happy with his baroque rambling to begin with.  (Not that the truth ever stopped Lord from bloviating like an addled fool on every single CNN panel he's been on -- as far as I'm concerned, it's practically his damn trademark -- but I think she would've shut him down if he'd gone there.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:42 PM, Padma said:

Love that Bannon, Tiffany and one other high Trump person whose name I'm forgetting are double-registered to vote in two different states (Bannon was just deleted today after being discovered on the voter list in Florida). Hard to do, and expensive, but they both may have voted twice. Let's investigate!!!

AP: Man claiming 3M improper votes registered in 3 states

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ap-man-claiming-3m-improper-votes-registered-in-3-states/ar-AAmqvvv?li=BBnbfcL

Hi, all. I get the world is crazier than usual right now, but some of these images are a little too much for this place. I think it's fine to discuss this issue - as it relates to programming being aired - but in the future, please skip the pictures. They aren't necessary to get the point across.

ETA: To clarify, talk of Lord and what happened is fine, as it is programming. But no pictures going forward.

Thank you and carry on civilly.

• Love 2

CNN: Muslim Wajahat Ali Remarks Against 'President Bannon' 1/30/2017 -- "We're coming for you."

A cry heard 'round the world.  

ETA:  At least this panel let him talk, unlike the one with Poppy and Rep. Interrupting-Motormouth-BS-spewing Kingston.  

Edited by navelgazer
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, stormy said:

I missed the Nancy Pelosi town hall with Jake Tapper.  Anyone?

I watched it. I wasn't going to because as much as I admire Pelosi for all she's accomplished, I don't enjoy her interviewing style...too much stuttering and trembling voice, but I was about to leave the room when I heard the first question and stayed to hear her answer and ended up watching it all because she did really well. She didn't hold back on criticizing Trump and the Republicans and was strong and coherent on what the Dems have to do. Don't know if the crowd was supposed to be moderate or a mix of both party supporters but she got a goodly amount of applause for many of her answers, especially any of them that dissed
Trump. I think all the protests and the many thousands of protesters that have hit the streets have really pumped up the Dems and given them a wind at their back. I've heard a number of them now sounding strong and enthusiastic.

• Love 9

Are the town hall shows new? I really appreciate a show that focuses on any other aspect of government besides the presidency, because he needs no more attention. I vastly prefer to see other politicians get some exposure. I thought Pelosi seemed off - still a bit shellshocked and trying to get her bearings - but I appreciated the chance to hear from her directly and I think having town halls like this, with voters from both sides, could potentially go a long way to beginning discussions that might bring us to rally around common pain points. I actually watched the town hall instead of Maddow, because I don't need any more tea leaf reading on what the S.C. nom might mean for "both sides." I know what it means. 

I also like the idea of Cruz/Sanders debating Obamacare and would tune in for that. 

• Love 5

I just saw the end of the commercial for the Cruz v Sanders thing and they seem to be presenting this as Debate Night in America. What that tells me once again is that CNN can not give up the ghost on this election season. They have that in common with Trump I guess. Also they've chosen the most independent characters in both parties for this "debate".

I know this has been a crazy year and an even crazier couple of weeks but Christ on a cracker CNN- cover all the national news  you have 24 hours a day ...politics, Trump , national policy is not your complete raison d'etre  Cover news and you'll get ratings  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, novhappy said:

I know this has been a crazy year and an even crazier couple of weeks but Christ on a cracker CNN- cover all the national news  you have 24 hours a day ...politics, Trump , national policy is not your complete raison d'etre  Cover news and you'll get ratings  

Yes, there is more news than just politics and Trump. News is news.

• Love 2

I would also suggest to CNN to get some better anchors and more interesting shows. Jake Tapper is so under used. I love him but his show is boring. The same goes for Anderson. They make him interview the worst people.

And oh yeah, CNN, you lost me with The Messy Truth when Van Jones had on Whoppie Goldberg.  :(

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, stormy said:

There's a town hall on Tuesday. Bernie vs Ted Cruz.

19 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

That should be good!

Unless you're having a drinking game and you have to drink every time Cruz lies or Bernie mentions oligarchs or millionaires and billionaires. You'd need an ambulance after that hour, that's for sure. I'm taking a pass - can't stand either one.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, car54 said:

I read something this morning that CNN is beefing up it's investigative journalism team---if you can't interview em, investigate em. 

About f***ing time.  It would also help if they understood how government is supposed to work.  When I heard John King the other day complain about how former Acting Attorney General Yates should have just shut up and do her job - Trump is her boss - no more listening to him.  The Attorney General is supposed to uphold the law.  How do I know its illegal - that executive order is getting smacked by justices all around the country.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, shok said:

Unless you're having a drinking game and you have to drink every time Cruz lies or Bernie mentions oligarchs or millionaires and billionaires. You'd need an ambulance after that hour, that's for sure. I'm taking a pass - can't stand either one.

I like the concept of the debates. It's much better than Battle of the Pundits.

• Love 3

So Costello is being replaced by John Berman and Poppy for 2 hours leaving Kate B alone at 11...Berman is still showing in the guide doing his show at 4am for 2 hours too...go John B!  Poppy is not showing in the guide for her weekend slots...looking forward to the changes.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

Me too. She drives me crazy for reasons I have never really been able to pinpoint.

I think her style is to be one of the guys and her style of speech includes the emphasis on a word at the end of a sentence to make a point...annoying!!

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
Changed my mind...

So tonight on CNN one of the female British hosts voiced over a video of President Chaos and the Second Lady (Melania) at Mar-A-Lago and then intro'd a reporter in Pennsylvania to add something. But with her British accent and rather rapid speech what I heard was Transylvania. Laffed my ass off.

BTW the video highlighted M's pussy profile to its best advantage. (In a deep pink/fuschia floor-length sheath dress gown.)

Edited by suomi
  • Love 2

On The Situation Room this afternoon Wolf had a long segment with Kathleen Rice D NY.

She's very knowledgeable and thoughtful and made excellent points about why pretty much everything a president says and does is so beyond trump's grasp.

It's hard to believe that two weeks in he still shows up in front of troops today and bashes the press. Rep Rice said she hopes he'll settle in and basically act the way we expect a president to act.

I just doubt it. I tnink he'll just get bored and more bat shit crazy. He's clueless and when he finds out what POTUS really means he'll throw tantrums cause he can't get his way.

• Love 7

CNN showed Sean Spicer, on Air Force One yesterday, telling a reporter that all the anti-trump protests that have taken place are being staged by paid protesters.  It's not grass roots, like the tea party, he said.  Why didn't that reporter challenge him? 

• Love 4

I thought the reporter was from Fox News, which is why the statement wasn't challenged.  The correct response from anyone else should have been, "you do know that's ridiculous, right?"   CNN showed the clip but I don't think the reporter was from CNN.

• Love 3