Type keyword(s) to search

Hi everybody! It's Jeff and EJ here! We want to know what you guys think...Should we keep Shane?

Hasn't this already been filmed... weeks or months ago? How do we know it's you?   Anyway, I'll play along. Definitely let Shane join you guys  and shun those other two women, Danielle and Alana. FOR SURE. How did you find this site if it is really you.... :) Sorry I'm a cynic. But glad to have new posters! so .. welcome to the dark side.... we have candy !

EDIT TO ADD: Welcome Jeff and EJ! Tell us many many things!  Glad to have you... since I've been told that it's really you. :)

Edited by ari333
  • Love 4

What did you do?

If they/you want to discuss anything that hasn't aired, feel free to start a spoilers or speculation thread. Let's try to keep them out of this thread.

Thanks!

I say keep Shane. Yes, he’s a bit weird, but I think the drama the women are causing is just something he isn’t equipped to handle. You guys are no-nonsense, let’s get the job done, and I think he would benefit immensely from being with you. He may prove (in my opinion) to be a great asset with the right team!

"Survival is lazy" is all that you need to know from those women. Shane put up with a lot of BS from those two and he deserves a break. I am sure that he is annoying, but he's also very earnest, and would work his butt off for the group.

• Love 8

Glad to have EJ and Jeff here; Welcome!

But I don't understand why there is the question of, "what should we do with Shane?" Isn't this already filmed? Sincere question.

• Love 2

Ooh, fun!

Hi, Jeff and EJ! My husband and I have enjoyed watching your journey thus far. Re: Shane--true, he's an unusual character and not everyone's cup of tea. He also doesn't read a room all that well, proof of which is the way he invited himself along on your trek rather than waiting until the next morning and asking--tactfully, and with a clear plan for contributing to your team--if he could come along. Having said that, we think he deserves far more consideration and respect than he's gotten from Alana and Danielle. Their laziness and closing ranks against a teammate was bad enough, but their cold vindictiveness when he humbled himself in asking to rejoin the team was horrible, and certainly not what compassionate (or even sensible) people would do in an actual survival situation. I mean, it's not like the movie Lifeboat, where the Nazi is trying to kill off everyone else on board. Shane isn't out to hurt anyone, he just doesn't always play well with others. It doesn't mean he has nothing to offer. 

So Mr. Spaceghostess and I hope you and EJ will see through the sweetness and light BS you're getting from D&D and let Shane come along. We understand your reticence about getting caught up in that drama triangle when the two of you are getting along so well, but we think you're definitely up to taking on Shane and thriving as a team of three!

• Love 4

Keep Shane!! He works hard just like you both do!! Hope you guys catch something to eat soon.

Quick question: how come you guys didn't save any of the rainwater for drinking when it rained for those 2 hours?

• Love 1

Glad to have EJ and Jeff here; Welcome!

But I don't understand why there is the question of, "what should we do with Shane?" Isn't this already filmed? Sincere question.

I second that. You are obviously back from filming since you are on Twitter, so what's done is done. I hope that you made the smart choice and kept him, 3 sets of hands are better than 2. If Shane was there, EJ wouldn't have had to be the sole pack mule...I wonder if you ditched the despicable minnow eater Alana & Dani, or you let them mooch off you guys until the end...that's what I want to see next week.

Can we turn this into a Q&A instead?

• Love 3

Why don't you use this as a Q&A thread?  I don't know if Jeff and EJ will be back or if they'll be answering questions (they might be limited in what they can say), but you'll never know unless you ask!

I know you've already made your decision regarding Shane, but I think you should keep him.  Yeah, he's pretty damaged emotionally, but if you treat him fairly and squarely, I think he'll respond in kind.  And he probably has knowledge/skill sets that are different from yours and can probably be useful.  Ditch the girls though - they'll only cause Shane to go off the deep end.  You don't need drama when you're trying to survive.

• Love 2

I don't mind adding my 02 on this even though it is long over. Shane may not be everyone's favorite dude, but he did try and the two gals wouldn't let him be the good guy he was trying to be. He had his heart in the right place, I hope he was taken along with Jeff and EJ. Those two gals deserve to have Honora as their partner...

• Love 3

Why start the thread then disappear?

He may have had other motives than communicating with us, difficult to understand why he would ask us a question he already knew the answer to.  We never did hear from EJ.

• Love 1

He may have had other motives than communicating with us, difficult to understand why he would ask us a question he already knew the answer to.  We never did hear from EJ.

yes,

it could have been so interesting to have them here......

Pretty sure you already made your choice, because these are filmed ahead of time... 

But keeping Shane was the cool thing to do. He's a good guy (maybe a little too emotional, but...) he's a hard worker and he's a team player who did *not* deserve to be stuck working with Alana.

I think Daniela is just a follower, like the girl who follows around after the popular "mean girl" and boosts her ego as needed.

• Love 2

Glad it worked out for Shane and he was able to help get the eel for Team Alpha Male. Was the timing of their imminent feast and the arrival of the others producer influenced? It seems to have put a new wrinkle into the show - will they stick together or find another spot around the lake?. Love that Alana and Dani are completely on their own, I am curious how they are going to fare going forward.

I'm having a hard time believing this is the real Jeff, they already know what happened since it was filmed months ago.  But I was thrilled to see them take Shane with them and I really liked how they handled it.  No one took sides, E.J. just calmly told the women that it's best if Shane went with them.  I have had a couple of friends who are just like Shane, and I understand their bipolar kinds of episodes.  He's a good guy who just needs a friend and to feel he belongs is all.  These three together are my favorites to watch now, though I still get a kick out of the bromance guys.  I hope they catch a cayman and have great success on piranha lake.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 3

How ironic that team Alphamale is gloating over their abundance of grilled eel, only to have five (Five!) hungry mouths stroll up!  Awkward.  Yes, this is a survival situation, but how do you say "mine! all mine!" when you know what they've just been through?  Not to mention, some of these people are friends from previous challenges, i.e. EJ and Laura. 

Speaking of Laura, she somehow manages to always look fresh and clean, albeit bee-stung (oooooh, man!). 

I caught bits of "Alone" this weekend and it seemed like the hardest part of that challenge was the lack of human interaction.  Contrast this with the personality conflicts on N&A and now with the issue of possibly having too large of a group, and I realize how intricate the dynamics of human relationships really are. 

How do we go about getting a new thread for the latest episode started?

Wow, I'm really glad with how things turned out for Shane in team Alpha Male, it seems he was a perfect fit and they all worked together to get the protein they needed.

Jeff, if it's really you and you are reading these comments, I have a burning question for you.

We now know that Shane had to tap out. I think everyone was sorry to see it except those two females... but it is odd that getting water and plenty of protein into him did not seem to revive him at all! 

If you are in contact with Shane and if you are allowed to answer:  What did the doctor(s) say when he was examined after his challenge? Had he contracted some sort of disease, or...?

• Love 1

Jeff, if it's really you and you are reading these comments, I have a burning question for you.

We now know that Shane had to tap out. I think everyone was sorry to see it except those two females... but it is odd that getting water and plenty of protein into him did not seem to revive him at all! 

If you are in contact with Shane and if you are allowed to answer:  What did the doctor(s) say when he was examined after his challenge? Had he contracted some sort of disease, or...?

great question. I would like to know too

• Love 1

If you are in contact with Shane and if you are allowed to answer: What did the doctor(s) say when he was examined after his challenge? Had he contracted some sort of disease, or...?

Yeah, I also thought he'd recover after drinking water and having another eel. Maybe he really just needed some rest to fully recover.

• Love 2

When you don't have food for a long time, sometimes you lose bacteria needed to digest food. It's possible Shane couldn't digest anything he ate. He probably needed something like probiotics to recover.

• Love 2

It's possible that Shane got so deeply dehydrated that he just couldn't digest the protein properly. Even with drinking a bit more water, he wasn't eating the carbohydrates and electrolytes required to actually get that water where it needs to go to fully hydrate the body. I'd love to know how he recovered, if he needed an IV or just a bunch of pasta and breadsticks.

• Love 1

Man that sucks that SHANE TAPPED OUT. That bitch Alana would have been tapping out if it wasn't for everybody else.

My favorites were definitely EJ and Jeff and Shane. Sorry you left Shane, but you were the Alpha male by making that decision to leave. probably a wise decision.

• Love 2

It's great that EJ and Jeff have this thread. But I haven't seen much input if it is even really them. Anyway... If anyone can tweet Shane -- that'd be great to invite   him to come here and see his support!  I mean if that is within TOS. :)