Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Time's Up

• Start Topic

RIP, Shawn. But did you have to be so stupid till the bitter end? Mouthing off to your crazy daddy, giving him back the gun, turning your back on him. You were nothing if not consistent.

This season better be leading up to a Who Killed Kanan murder mystery. I don't hate any character like I hate that mofo (and that includes Ghost, Angie and Holly).

• Love 6

Good riddance.  Shawn was a dumb fuck to the bitter end.  Running his fucking mouth to Ghost, and then letting him get the gun.  For some reason, Ghost had mercy and let that little weasel go with his life, and instead of thanking his lucky stars and hightailing it out of town, he goes to confront Kanan?  For what?  Just to hear him say what he should have already known...that Kanan was using him to get revenge.  Not to mention,  Shawn VOLUNTEERED to kill Ghost.  Kanan and Rotimi was tryna figure out their own way of offing Ghost.  So really, it was Shawn's own fault for involving himself in shit he had no business involving himself in.  One interesting thing to come out of that, was the fact that Kanan isn't really Shawn's father.  I never bought it, and I'm glad its confirmed.  

Now on to the main event.  Boy did Angela get her ass handed to her in court.  That was glorious.  I watched that entire court scene like 3 times already.  And really all I can think of is where the fuck was Angela the day they talked about "fruit from the poisonous tree" in federal agent school?  I mean, that is some basic shit that ANYONE who has at least watched a couple of episodes of Law&Order would know, much less a freaking Fed!  Pretty much every single piece of evidence Angela has obtained throughout this case would be thrown out.  I'm just wondering if the rules would apply to Lobos, and if he would be able to walk as well? 

Oh and Angela getting all indignant over Ghost stealing the evidence from her apt, when she was cloning his phone and stalking him?  Girl, please.  I howled when Ghost said "both you and I were playing dirty, you're just mad you lost".  LMAO!  

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 10

Ya know what I cannot stand? Women that don't cheat UP. I'm glad Tasha won't be able to ride off into the sunset with dumb ass Shawn. No way I bought street smart Tasha downgrading to a donkey like him.

He was way too stupid to exist.

Only thing that would have made this episode better would have been Angela eating a bullet too. Let's work on that for next week.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 8

RIP, Shawn. But did you have to be so stupid till the bitter end? Mouthing off to your crazy daddy, giving him back the gun, turning your back on him. You were nothing if not consistent.

As soon as he gave Kanan the gun, I was like "Welp, he's dead." And when he asked if Kanan was just using him to kill Ghost, I was like " ... yes? This is a surprise, really?" Poor dumb Shawn.

Glad we're done with Angie and Ghost and the Greatest Love of All. I fell out when Tasha came storming through the hall all "I GUESS THE DICK AIN'T THAT GOOD" all loud.

Boy did Angela get her ass handed to her in court.  That was glorious.  I watched that entire court scene like 3 times already.  And really all I can think of is where the fuck was Angela the day they talked about "fruit from the poisonous tree" in federal agent school?  I mean, that is some basic shit that ANYONE who has at least watched a couple of episodes of Law&Order would know, much less a freaking Fed!  Pretty much every single piece of evidence Angela has obtained throughout this case would be thrown out.  I'm just wondering if the rules would apply to Lobos, and if he would be able to walk as well?

I mean, really. I only have friends who are lawyers (although not criminal) and I have a JD in Law and Order, and even I knew that shit. Isn't Angela supposed to be smart? Got a scholarship to ... Exeter, or something, and then on to college and law school? Because that shit was embarrassing. She got played. I loved when Greg was like, look, I am through, we're going to hash this out right now,and I am done covering for your ass.

Ya know what I cannot stand? Women that don't cheat UP. I'm glad Tasha won't be able to ride off into the sunset with dumb ass Shawn. No way I bought street smart Tasha downgrading to a donkey like him.

I could MAYBE see that Tasha would want a guy she could control, but if she's used to $200K being "shoe money" (which also means they have so much that Tasha can squirrel it away without Ghost missing it) then I don't know what she thought Shawn had to offer her and her three kids.

• Love 5

Seriously! Damn, Shawn.  You couldn't leave Kanan a long ass voicemail after you got the fuck outta dodge?! You knew he was a snake, and you actually gave him the gun back? Why, Shawn, why?

A big ass womp womp to Angela. She should've stuck it out with Greg and not potentially throw her career away over some high school boyfriend.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 6

Big dumb ashy Shawn rip. The writers really surprised me as I was thinking that they were leading up to Shawn killing Kanan but alas. Angela really needs to just hand in her resignation at this point and maybe get a job at the club cause homegirl is the absolute worst. And girl bye at her being mad at Ghost and his lying and manipulation but doesn't care that she's sleeping with a married man with kids.

• Love 9

Minor nuisance. When Tasha came down the hall to tell Jamie his dick was wack, she came from the elevator. When she stormed off she worked past him towards the stairs? I think he's on a really high floor. I wouldn't want to walk down that many flights in 5" heels.

Just sayin

• Love 4

The Truth scene between Ghost and Angela was excellent.  He said "I handed you Lobos" and she's still talking about "I want to hear you say it (I'm Ghost)".  She is a bird brain and with Shawn's death, she's now the dumbest character by 3 miles.  The fact that she let Ghost hit it again after she came to his apartment all angry is just embarrassing... have some respect for yourself.

Shawn was just too dumb and soft to live.  I'm okay with him getting killed off because that actor was horrible.  He and NN had zero chemistry.

• Love 8

I had the smallest, tiniest amount of hope that Shawn would come to his senses and kill Kaanan when he walked in. But no. His dumb-ass handed Kaanan the gun, and then made the equally smart decision to start antagonizing Kaanan...after he handed him the gun! Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I also thoroughly enjoyed Angela's smackdown in court. What the hell did she think was going to happen with all the illegal and unethical shit she was doing to close the case? Even if the sketch didn't come up, almost everything else was inadmissible. And I can't believe she was still counting on Jamie to help her out. Really bitch? Whoever up thread said Angela needs to catch the next bullet, I am right there with you.

Tommy and his mother in the interrogation room.....priceless!

Kaanan wants to be the boss, but has put absolutely no thought into solving their real problem - they have no product. What's the plan for that? He's shortsighted and I wouldn't want him to be my drug leader (drug boss? Drug head? I don't know the right terminology).

• Love 3

Kaanan wants to be the boss, but has put absolutely no thought into solving their real problem - they have no product. What's the plan for that? He's shortsighted and I wouldn't want him to be my drug leader (drug boss? Drug head? I don't know the right terminology).

The suits would call him the next New York distributor. I'd probably just call him wannabe drug Kingpin because I like the word Kingpin...

Angela should have been fired after that court case where the entire case against Egan went up in smoke with the partial sketch that she obtained from a 14 year old. Greg should really stop bailing her out, she's worse than dead weight, she's a loose cannon that sinks ships.

• Love 5

Shawn was too naive to live but I was moved by his scene with James. The acting and writing for it was especially good, mostly because of Omari but the guy who played Shawn held his own. He's not bad but I agree he and Naturi don't have chemistry. The only weak link they have is La La but thankfully her screen time is proportionate to this. 

• Love 5

So was Tommy about to give up Jamie to the judge before his lawyer told him to sit still? I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up jumping on the Ghost Must Die bandwagon.

Just when I thought dumbass Angela's career was about to go up in smoke she pulls another move. Crap. But surely Jamie is done with her now. Whatever, Greg had better be careful or she'll have his career ruined too, just to try to protect Jamie with her dick-whipped self.

Wow, Kanan using Shawn to do his dirty work (and likely catch a murder rap) was bad enough but killing him? OMFG. And is he really not Shawn's father or was he just trying to spit on the kid during his dying moments?

Ditto the comments upthread, that was a great Law & Order flashback. Jack McCoy would be so proud.

• Love 2

Judges do not read docket numbers.  That's what they have clerks for.  

Felt more sorry for Tasha when Shawn bought it more than anything else.  I guess Kanan is not as smart as he thinks he is -- his prints all over everywhere, no plan for disposing of the body.  What a moron, unless he makes some moves next week that we just haven't seen yet.  

I

Judges do not read docket numbers.  That's what they have clerks for.  

Felt more sorry for Tasha when Shawn bought it more than anything else.  I guess Kanan is not as smart as he thinks he is -- his prints all over everywhere, no plan for disposing of the body.  What a moron, unless he makes some moves next week that we just haven't seen yet.

I don't want to eat in that restaurant for at least 2-3 weeks.

• Love 1

Getting to watch Angela get outsmarted by Ghost AND schooled in court was awesome!

Poor Shawn, your own 'daddy'... (I think) kills you, just not your day.

Kanan is cold blooded as hell.

Will Ghost get back with Tasha? Will Tasha kill Ghost for all them fools? Can't wait for the finale.

Tommy in jail was hilarious! Every single step. All the way to the court dismissal.

• Love 2

Wow, Kanan using Shawn to do his dirty work (and likely catch a murder rap) was bad enough but killing him? OMFG. And is he really not Shawn's father or was he just trying to spit on the kid during his dying moments?

I took his comment to mean that Canan felt Sean wasn't worthy to be his son, not that he literally wasn't Sean's father.

And yes to all reveling in Angela's fall in court. I have been screaming fruit of the poisonous tree every episode, finally it pans out. She is so dumb. To think that she would get away with any of this nonsense. Thankfully, Greg finally called her on it. She needed to be fired after that court appearance. She has compromised the entire investigation. Please let Lobos walk, too. I wouldn't mind Tommy killing Angela. Wait till her sister says I told you so, ha!

• Love 2

Was Ghost really upset that Tasha was getting some or was he upset that it was Sean who was giving it to her.  It better be the latter.  Tasha had me laughing girl your going to cheat on a man that you stole $200,000 from and he still has not missed it with a man that has never seen $200,000.  Ok that sounds right.  I loved Angela telling Ghost she did not want him, Ghost cheated on Tasha because she did not see the true him, but the truth is Tasha see's the true Jamie and loves him because of it not in spite of.  Loved Jamie's loyalty to Tommy.  My favorite part of the episode was when Jamie took the gun from Sean and punched him before Sean knew what happened.  Some killer you were Sean.  

Edited by Easyspreestep
  • Love 4