Type keyword(s) to search

Peter Pan Live (NBC)

I enjoy Walken, but I do not think he is a great Captain Hook. There had to be better actors out there that fit the part better. Then again, the casting in this is pretty bad all around considering Wendy and the Lost Boys look so old. The Sound of Music kids did not look this old.

But are you digging the psychedelic croc?

I would dig the psychedelic croc if he ate everyone then did a tap number on the pirate ship.

• Love 3

Miley Cyrus as Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady Live?

Which would be awesome! Though I feel they would go more family friendly. Maybe Miley can be Annie?

It's been a long time since I have read or seen Peter Pan, so this whole Wendy as their mother thing seems a bit creepy.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 2

Which would be awesome! Though I feel they would go more family friendly. Maybe Miley can be Annie?

And I thought this was the lowest NBC's live extravaganzas could go. Thanks for reminding me that, yes, it CAN be even worse!

• Love 2

So, a girl just can't be Peter Pan, right? Are we too beyond that? Allison Williams isn't bad but she ain't believable either. I'm sure her father is proud though.

To look on the bright side, at least they didn't cast Lena Dunham in the role.

• Love 10

I might be a bit more receptive of this if they did not go for a name actor/actress in the lead role and go with a more Broadway actor, but that will never happen. Then again, I am not sure I want that to happen because I do enjoy snarking on it all.

These Lost Men have already grown up Peter. Can't you see that?

Edited by Misslindsey

Christopher Walken seems to be reading his lines off of cue cards.  His movements are  stiff and he is very pale.  I wonder if he is sick?  I'm just throwing it out there because I have never known Walken to be so lackluster in any performance.

He's probably lamenting, "This is what my career is reduced to!"

• Love 2

The accents are all over the place. Somehow the everyone in the Darling family has a different accent and Allison and Christian are losing their battle to at least maintain a single accent throughout the show. Losing his hand seems to have also paralyzed Hook's face. On the plus side, Allison's voice isn't bad. It's not very refined. It's kind of like "loud/soft, loud/soft, loud/soft" but at least there are dynamics. 

Please Captain Hook do another tap number and incorporate your mad tambourine skills.

This Captain Hook could not kill anything. He is so slow and half assed. He could have killed Peter many times during this song.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 2