Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Alaska

I really liked this episode, and I enjoy the series overall, silly though it certainly is.  I loved that we got some clear exposition about what's going on, I loved that Big Jim called Julia on her BS, I loved that Big Jim is capable of truly loving someone (if a dog is a someone and to me they are).  Christine's double-cross on Barbie and Pete was unexpected and entertaining, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Eva turns out. Really thought Joe would just kick the ladder down, once Hunter was on the roof, so that was a surprise for me.

I want Sam to be OK!  Abbie was kind of evil, or at least beyond selfish!  The oxy-goo is supergross! Christine's lips are supergross and distracting! Julia's hair is back in business!

Heh, I just enjoy the goofiness. 

• Love 2

I must be under the spell of the goo because right now I am actually liking Joe and Five head more than anything else. We'll except for Big Jim's pretty dog.

I used to halfway like Barbie but I just can't with him and Ava. I don't know what they think they shared in alternate reality I really can't even muster up enough to care.

Ditto on Marg and gooey sex time with Junior. I kept waiting for her to turn into something like a praying mantis and eat him since they mated.

• Love 1

Joe got over a lot of loss. You'd think that somehow his parents may be brought up once in a while. They'd be devastated to find out what happened to their daughter. When he made the effort to use the internet to contact outside the dome, maybe mentioning his parents then might have been a nice touch.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but it's actually kind of in-character for Joe.  I felt like once he laid eyes on Norrie, she's the only one he cares about, and he kind of forgets about everyone else, unless something big happens.  I remember way, way back in season one, that it felt like it took forever for him to finally realize that Angie was missing the entire time Junior had her locked up.  So, him forgetting about Indy almost makes sense.  I mean, hell: wasn't Stoner Ben suppose to be a close friend of his or something?  He already seems to have shrugged off his death.

But, then again, I have to remind myself that this is the show were townfolks have pretty much forgotten Sam killed someone and treat Big Jim like he's a mere nuisance, instead of the guy whose probably dropped the most bodies so far (not to mention almost tried to poison a bunch of people.)  And, yet, the closest they ever came to punishing someone, was that failed attempt to hang Barbie for some lame reason.

• Love 2
(edited)

It's good that their anarchic system of justice and memorial is brought up.

And, yet, the closest they ever came to punishing someone, was that failed attempt to hang Barbie for some lame reason.

I thought Big JIm was going to be hung, too. Wasn't there an attempt?  So, they had decided to punish him but that "divine intervention" happened and Jim got away with his murders. But, even after he became a "changed man", didn't he still go around killing and wounding others?

They haven't shown a cemetery, that I can recall. Knowing that place, it is officially outside of the dome. But, they burn bodies or just quickly forget they existed. That bald barber. Mrs. Fivehead's Other Mom. They were pretty freaked out by her dying. But, then there was the food hoarder being left on her front porch. That radio DJ hipster who Big Jim killed. Those forgettable people who were at that warehouse/fight club who died in a stand off with Big Jim, Barbie and Julia? and someone else? (was it the lady from the island who was "in charge" of mayhem for a while before she was killed, too?)

Joe. Man. I was actually surprised to see his skateboard buddy this season. I didn't expect him to be killed off but, in hindsight, why not? He didn't seem to serve a purpose and when he began playing what seemed to be an important role by seeing Drownie Nightgowny, not only did he need to die, apparently she needed to die, too. Joe wasn't too torn up by skateboarder not being around or when he died. Just like Junior seemed to get over his important role as one of the four hands. Maybe all of the survivors forgot about that phase of their lives...er, I mean, that three day period of their lives.

Sheesh.

Edited by Hobo.PassingThru
  • Love 1
(edited)

But, justice seems to go by the wayside now in that town. Which is understandable to a point. The thing is so many people get killed and when those closest to them seem to overlook their deaths, it is too off-putting.

With Barbie and Junior and Drunky McPrisonTherapist going around reveling in their fantasy year From Out Under the Dome, it is just like a bunch of people with some weird "shared" experience of a mass hallucination are individually relishing the highs of their individual fantasy lives at the expense of being able to relate to people who are around them.

Those scenes with the bearded construction worker guy. We didn't seem him pre-cocoon and now post-cocoon we are supposed to get why he is an alpha male who is easily discredited for his real-life experiences and then accused of sabotaging something that wasn't a load bearing beam? Then out of the blue he was smitten with Barbie's Alien Baby Momma?

I guess is almost makes sense paralleling that love triangle with the one with Fivehead, Joe and Dorky McGillicutty-- who wasn't dorky anymore now that he doesn't need to wear glasses. But, changing a character in one episode and killing them in the same is just a bad precendent. In this past one, Alpha Beard Construction Guy and Super-Depressed Unfit Mom both showed up and died. I doubt anyone will mourn them either. Their probably seen as villains by the survivor.

Prediction: the next new character will die. The only one to escape this curse so far has been the dog.

Edited by Hobo.PassingThru
  • Love 2

Imagine what this show would be like if everything that happened still happened (dome, freezing cold, fires, fight club, cocoons, deaths, starvation, acid rain, etc, etc, etc) but the people acted like normal people - most of them would be drunk or depressed, or both.  Some of them would still be looting (the looting is the only realistic thing they have done) and perhaps killing each other (killing the guy that was trying to steal your food/generator, not killing someone because you think they are one of the 4 hands or because of any of the reasons Big Jim killed anyone).

Joe. Man. I was actually surprised to see his skateboard buddy this season. I didn't expect him to be killed off but, in hindsight, why not? He didn't seem to serve a purpose and when he began playing what seemed to be an important role by seeing Drownie Nightgowny, not only did he need to die, apparently she needed to die, too. Joe wasn't too torn up by skateboarder not being around or when he died. Just like Junior seemed to get over his important role as one of the four hands. Maybe all of the survivors forgot about that phase of their lives...er, I mean, that three day period of their lives.

They had to kill off the skateboard guy, because they added Ava.  Apparently, the Dome only allows one non-white person to have any sort of remotely prominent role.  At least Norrie's still alive mom is (supposedly) still alive, but she can't be seen as along as Ava is around. 

• Love 4

Apparently, the Dome only allows one non-white person to have any sort of remotely prominent role.  At least Norrie's still alive mom is (supposedly) still alive, but she can't be seen as along as Ava is around.

It depends, Norrie's mom is the token unless the new girl replaces her, it's most likely she won't make it sooner or later.

Are there actual scripts?

They should just switch the show to improv.  It can't get any worse, and there's no continuity in the plot or characters anyway.

• Love 4
(edited)

...I loved that Big Jim is capable of truly loving someone (if a dog is a someone and to me they are)...  

Hey, as Radar O'Reilly once said, "Animals are people too!".

I must be under the spell of the goo because right now I am actually liking Joe and Five head more than anything else. We'll except for Big Jim's pretty dog.

At this point, Indy is by far my favorite character, unoriginal name notwithstanding.

Prediction: the next new character will die. The only one to escape this curse so far has been the dog.

And it had better stay that way. When the paradoxically wimpy/evil scientist was threatening him, I was like, oh hell no...of course, a dog being a dog and not an actor, Indy didn't seem a) very threatened about being passed around among a bunch of strangers, or b) very happy to be reunited with Big Jim.

I know, way too much analysis, but right now Indy's about the last compelling character left on this show.

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Love 1

I really liked this episode, and I enjoy the series overall, silly though it certainly is.  I loved that we got some clear exposition about what's going on, I loved that Big Jim called Julia on her BS, I loved that Big Jim is capable of truly loving someone (if a dog is a someone and to me they are).  Christine's double-cross on Barbie and Pete was unexpected and entertaining, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Eva turns out. Really thought Joe would just kick the ladder down, once Hunter was on the roof, so that was a surprise for me.

I want Sam to be OK!  Abbie was kind of evil, or at least beyond selfish!  The oxy-goo is supergross! Christine's lips are supergross and distracting! Julia's hair is back in business!

Heh, I just enjoy the goofiness. 

I enjoyed it too, taking it for what it is, a really silly show.  I felt that they actually did move the plot (such as it is) along a bit, picked up the pace and added some interest.  Ever since the start of the season I have been thoroughly bored because everything has just been goofy and stupid with nothing to hold my interest at all.  Just craziness that doesn't even connect to or have anything to do with season 1 or 2's craziness and that keeps taking me out of the show because I just keep wondering how the actors can keep a straight face while trying to act serious next to those ridiculous-looking cocoons or what the "oxytocin" goo is made out of.  At least in this episode crazy-lipped Christine did something pretty sneaky and effective (for a Chester's Mill denizen) and pitted two townspeople (one of them a main character) against each other.  And we got to see that she is having other problems as well and found out some more about the egg.  I'm fairly invested in Norrie and Joe, too, and the problems they are having.

So all in all, I thought this episode took a little teeny tiny turn for the better.

BIG BUT.  I'm just as perturbed as anybody at the complete dropping of previous plot lines.  I'm beyond embarrassed for the writers at that hairball of lines they had Christine cough up about not having enough AMNIOTIC FLUID (WT everloving F?) to power the dome, which meant that it would soon CALCIFY and SUFFOCATE everyone!  I feel like hiding under the covers in mortification just for having typed that.  If there's any plot point that needs to be dropped, it's that.  At this point they would have been better off just saying Christine needed more dilithium crystals.

• Love 3

Maybe I'm still working through my Lost finale anger issues...

You and me both.

Well!  I think from now on I'll read the recap first, so that I can fast-forward through all the parts that don't interest me.  Which in this one would be everything but the dog. 

Why did Julia know to open the files in the folder named "Alaska"? I must have missed this key plot point when I was putting my head in the oven. Watching this show makes me want to jump off of a roof too, so it might not necessarily be the egg's fault.

• Love 1

Why did Julia know to open the files in the folder named "Alaska"? I must have missed this key plot point when I was putting my head in the oven.

The dome's telepathy of plot convenience?

Watching this show makes me want to jump off of a roof too, so it might not necessarily be the egg's fault.

The egg is luckily out of the show.

• Love 1

Why did Julia know to open the files in the folder named "Alaska"?

Thanks for bringing that up. You reminded me that I have no idea why Alaska meant anything in that episode. I don't know why the episode is called that or what Alaska means in relation to the evil scientists. I don't care either. But, it just went right over my head that they even found a computer and...man, I don't know anything except people got captured and the dog was captured, too.

Horrible, horrible show.

• Love 1

Why did Julia know to open the files in the folder named "Alaska"? 

She knew it was the episode title?

I guess it makes sense that the company whose name I forget would call the folder that because the incident happened in Alaska.  They probably track things like that were they happen.  I wondered why Julia would open that folder too, but I don't remember what the other folders were called.  Maybe they were even worse descriptors?

OttoDbusdriver posted this earlier:

One thing I completely missed until I saw it in Tara's recap -- you know that Aktaeon has to be a really evil corporation if they make Dr. Frank Whaley fill out TPS reports. Because there is a TPS folder on that computer display below the Alaska folder.

http://previously.tv...9/341764577.jpg

Man, I hope he remembers to use the new coversheet or he will really get in trouble. I wonder if he got the memo ?

And for some reason there is also a Vader folder -- which kind of hammers home the point that these guys are truly evil.

• Love 1

Otto's post reminds me of the story from a couple of months ago about ISIS's jihadist/employee application procedures. Apparently their HR department are the REAL bad-ass mofo's in that organization. Non-compliance results in punishment just a bit more serious than losing your free parking privileges for a week.

I missed a previous episode, watched this episode... and have no idea what's going on anymore, or why anyone is doing what they're doing.  What's worse, I don't care.

• Love 2

I missed a previous episode, watched this episode... and have no idea what's going on anymore, or why anyone is doing what they're doing.  What's worse, I don't care.

You didn't miss anything, they're just making stuff up.

• Love 1

Bet the next episode has a smoke blowing monster in it  ;).

I think they already did that last year when they tried to rip off Lost's "We have to go back".  :).

• Love 2
(edited)
And we pick up where we left off -- post-sexytime chat between Christine and Junior down in the tunnels.  And as they are kissing, Christine notices one of the purple lights on the wall go out.  Do they have some spare bulbs somewhere in the tunnels ?  Apparently Christine is hooked on the oxytocin because she keeps slathering it on her lips.  As they continue making out, another purple light goes out.

And she says it running out, but she keeps using it for lipbalm.

When was Tyler ever assigned to food duty -- and who went out and hauled all that cattle feed back from the silo ?  The end results looks like meatless chili with a lot of beans. Doesn't fermenting take ... you know ... time. A lot of time, not really something you can do in large batches overnight. And some of the drones spent all night sorting, grinding, fermenting and cooking the cattle feed.  I seriously doubt that.

And what's with serving it like they are in a prison cafeteria line.  Slop!!

Christine the "anthropologist" dictates that the Dome is losing energy because Big Jim destroyed the egg.  Good, let it fail, Dome comes down, everyone gets out.  One amethyst died (that was the purple rock going dark) and the failure of the 2nd amethyst is imminent causing .... and I wish I was making this up ... the amniotic fluid in the tunnels to dry up.  And its only a matter of time before the Dome begins to calcify.  WTF ?  And if the kinship can't all come together, they will all suffocate.  Who writes this shit ?

There seems to be no end to how all the domites will die, but they always to seem to somehow hocus pocus and pull another solution out of their hat.

Edited by Jordan27
  • Love 1

Despite the fact that Big Jim and Julia were supposed to be searching for the camera, Big Jim booby traps the boat being used by the Aktion guys -- and the guy that Julia shot trips the trap and gets blown up for this trouble, which causes the rest of the security team to go running towards the boat.  But it's all a distraction so Julia can sneak into Agatha Seagrave's house to look for the camera.

The old clichéd everyone runs to the explosion leaving the house with no security.  How do they know everyone will run to the explosion? 

Meanwhile, Joe and Fivehead relax on the grass -- and talk and kiss.  And declare vows to each other to protect each other.  And out come the 'I Love You's.  Awwwwwwww.  So which one of them will be dead by the end of the episode ?  Neither because they are series regulars. 

Pretty ridiculous.  They were only together a month or so in dome time, but locked in the alternate reality for a year.  Feelings would have changed and their real time together would have seemed a long time ago.

Christine and Ava have it out over Ava wanting to come clean to Barbie, and Christine says its ok but they will discuss it later at a private location.

The old clichéd "let me get you alone so I can take care of you" trick.  Why does everyone fall for this?  It seems every character in this show can be manipulated, multiple times.

Christine bitches out Sam for being late and having been drinking -- Fuck you Christine, they're under a Dome, he can do what he wants.  Christine throws out the "Don't you walk away from me" line, but Sam just shrugs her off and goes back to Abbey.

Again, why does anyone listen to anything she has to say?  She has been there like 5 seconds.

• Love 1
Christine visits Abbey's house -- and guilt trips her about her drinking permanently damaging her child and asking why Abbey lied to the group.  Fuck off Christine !!  It's none of your business. And basically she browbeats Abbey into killing herself so they can save Sam, and gives her pills to overdose with.  WTF ?

Again, more characters fall for manipulation.  Does anyone have any backbone in this town?

Barbie finds evidence that Pete caused the collapse in town hall -- wouldn't someone have heard power tools in the ceiling ?

You're asking these townspeople to put two and two together?  Not likely.

Christine confronts Eva in the tunnels -- and tells her that she will have a child with Barbie that will replace Christine.  Again, WTF ?  As Eva tries to leave, Junior captures her and Christine smears a big helping of oxytocin on her face.  Eva is now under Christine's complete control.

The magic gel, coming soon to a store near you. 

Hunter is dispatched by Junior to get Joe and Norrie since they have shirked their duties -- and need a dose of the precious oxytocin.  But when Hunter literally tries to drag Fivehead off the roof of the house where they are installing the solar panels, Tyler falls and lands on the sidewalk injuring himself.

Besides being stupid trying to grab someone on a roof, how was he planning getting her down?  Put her on his shoulder and go down the ladder?

Barbie rats out Pete to Christine about cutting the beams that caused the collapse.  Christine confirms that the collapse in town hall killed two people (and injured several others) and Christine wants Barbie to "take care of him".

And the manipulation continues. 

(edited)

Sam wanders back to Abbey's house and finds that she overdosed and drowned in the tub. Never saw that coming. </sarcasm>

And if she overdosed why did she get in the tub?  Who takes pills and then says "I'll guess I'll get in the tub".  Wouldn't the bed be more comfortable? 

Christine gives Pete some pig meat since someone killed another pig (WTF ?) and then Christine tells Pete that Barbie is going to kill him, even though Pete disavows any knowledge of cutting the beams.  And she pumps up Pete's ego by telling him that with him in charge he can have status, women, power.  Really ?

In this town?  Status, women, power?   Where?  And how does killing Barbie get him that? 

Tyler wakes up and tries to pin his injuries on Fivehead, and Junior decides she needs to pay the consequences (since Tyler has apparently lost the use of his legs).  Of course, everyone else in town hall follows Junior's lead and tries to trap Joe and Fivehead, but they manage to flee but get trapped by the mob.  And Junior won't let them leave until they talk to Christine.

The magic gel at work.

Edited by stacey
fixed quote box problem
Meanwhile Eva is gazing fondly up at the stars (whatever), when Barbie gets her to go treat Hunter because of her experiences in the Drownsie VR.  Sure, whatever. 

The alternate reality has been a good training ground for many of the domites.  They seemed to have learned more there than in their real lives.

But as they run past some garbage cans a bomb goes off.  Come on.  Who planted the bomb ? It's Pete.  How did he know that Barbie would be coming to get Ava ? And then Pete tries to kill Barbie (but since Barbie is one of the leads of the show, you know that's not going to happen).  They struggle and Barbie takes a baseball bat to the ribs and the head while Pete shouts something about taking Barbie's place and his girl.  WTF ?

Gareth was hacked to death on WD and now is beaten to death.   Next role please.  Maybe with a little more life expectancy.

Big Jim falls for the old "the way out of the Dome is here" move by Dr. Frank Whaley, only it turns out to be a room full of cages, where they proceed to lock him up.  And then Dr. Frank Whaley goes full on evil and threatens to kill Indy the dog if Big Jim doesn't tell him the info about the egg.  Big Jim caves over a dog that he has had for a few days, and tells them that the egg was shattered and that he broke it.  Turns out BIg Jim is being locked up as the control group while Christine is the experiment.  Dun, dun, dun, dun.

A dog that has been there all of five seconds and acts like it is his first born. 

I thought this show was ridiculous before, but now it really, really, really makes no sense at all -- the oxytocin, the amethysts, Christine's power over nearly everyone, the infection, the lifeforce, the kinship, the Dome running out of power, the Aktion research guys and the lame story about Alaska -- it's all just so terrible.

It's a parody and a delicious one at that. 

ETA: we are now 5 episodes into Season 3, and the Dome has yet to cause a single catastrophic event.  Is it because the Dome is running out of power or it just doesn't have the will to create anymore bullshit emergency situations after blowing its load in Season 2 ?

That's because the ratings are good so we will see more of magic gel, load bearing beams, slop buffet and manipulations galore. 

Ahhh.....There's no place like Dome.

Big Jim's right to freak out about someone hurting the dog.  He's the only decent character on the whole show!

And yet, he's murdered how many people? 

The old clichéd "let me get you alone so I can take care of you" trick.  Why does everyone fall for this?  It seems every character in this show can be manipulated, multiple times.

Again, why does anyone listen to anything she has to say?  She has been there like 5 seconds.

She's been in the dome for 5 seconds, but in the alternate reality she was a grief counselor to all of them for a year. So it makes sense that she's familiar to them and that she knows how to push their buttons.

Vader_zpshwj6iylw.jpg

Under the double Domes!!!  Oh my.

I do actually like Norrie this season as opposed to feeling bored or indifferent to her scenes previously and yet ... Where is her mother ? or other mother ? Have I forgotten her death due to chronic boredom ?

It's just weird how every week of this 3 weeks of these morons being trapped in a giant magical alien dome that people are following a different psychotic neurotic nonsensical leader. Big Jim, Cop Woman, Drug dealer Woman and mother ? Julia Monarch, Barbie. These people switch allegiances every other day and they don't even do it for logical reasons like for better positioning in the food shelter rankings. They just come across as fickled sheeple...

It's like WWE wrestling, but under a dome.

• Love 1

That's pretty much the whole series.  But, I care for the laughs at the silliness of everything.

She's been in the dome for 5 seconds, but in the alternate reality she was a grief counselor to all of them for a year. So it makes sense that she's familiar to them and that she knows how to push their buttons.

Talk to them about their feelings, but take over running the town?  Not likely.

• Love 1

Talk to them about their feelings, but take over running the town?  Not likely.

Exactly, a grief counselor is not the same thing as a cult leader.  The problem is also these people have also been sheepishly following around other people as their leaders without a single thought of their own in the past seasons as well.

The problem is also these people have also been sheepishly following around other people as their leaders without a single thought of their own in the past seasons as well.

Well, you say that but didn't they take sides at least once? I want to say there was a pro-Big Jim and an anti- Slim Jim campai....

Oh wait. That was me trying to eat less beef jerky.

Seriously though, once weren't there  Pro-Big Jim and  Pro-Barbie/ Julia factions? So, choosing sides took some consideration.

And, I swear, didn't the lynch mob (and that's what they break into at the snap of a twig) try to separately hang both Barbie and Big Jim? I wonder if that hangman's stand (those gallows?) were built by that Bearded, Carpenter Guy (you know the one I'm referring to; the one who taught us about loving one another; and who died for some reason or another)

• Love 2

Well, you say that but didn't they take sides at least once? I want to say there was a pro-Big Jim and an anti- Slim Jim campai....

Seriously though, once weren't there  Pro-Big Jim and  Pro-Barbie/ Julia factions? So, choosing sides took some consideration.

They went back and forth between leaders.  They would literally do a complete 180 over how they felt about Jim.  It's not limited to 1 leader at a time, they just blindly go along with a leader whenever it's convenient.

And, I swear, didn't the lynch mob (and that's what they break into at the snap of a twig) try to separately hang both Barbie and Big Jim? I wonder if that hangman's stand (those gallows?) were built by that Bearded, Carpenter Guy (you know the one I'm referring to; the one who taught us about loving one another; and who died for some reason or another)

Exactly, they went from trying to hand Barbie, to wanting to kill Jim for trying to kill people with Rebecca, then went back to following him even refusing to leave the dome, etc.

• Love 1

I discovered something that might actually make sense - the Alaska video shows that the infected people jumped off the building when their leader did - like the proverbial lemmings. Perhaps the reason why the current Chesters Millions all blindly follow whoever talks the loudest/most is because they have all been infected?  

Now, I don't think the writers intended this, and I doubt they will ever see the connection, because I don't think the writers realize that they have turned all the residents into lemmings, but is a possible explanation

• Love 2

Exactly, they went from trying to hand Barbie, to wanting to kill Jim for trying to kill people with Rebecca, then went back to following him even refusing to leave the dome, etc.

That's right. I forgot that they even divided up on whether or not to leave that place.

"I don't know, Julia. I'm as torn as my cow on whether to stay in the dome or get from under the dome. For now, I'll go with my cow's guts and stick with Big Jim Under the Dome!"

the Alaska video shows that the infected people jumped off the building when their leader did - like the proverbial lemmings.

A video? I missed that. Perhaps I rolled my eyes, they got stuck and I spent so much effort trying to unstick them that I missed that part. Maybe that explains why it makes so much less sense to me and it isn't the writer's fault. No. Wait. I rolled my eyes because of something that happened before they found the Alaska folder. It is the writer's fault.

Why were Joe and Norrie putting solar panels on that house? Whose house was that. Why don't' they live there instead of storage room with sexy Hunter with his 20/20 vision? Do these people know they have only been under the Dome for 3 weeks. Joe and Norrie's mad love I semi understand because they are teens. Julia and Barbie are adults and should have better sense. Julia the man killed your husband 3 weeks ago. Stop worrying about Eva taking your man and at least pretend to grieve for your murdered husband. Does anyone under the Dome grieve for more than 24 hours? 

• Love 4

Supposedly, the short term memory of goldfish is even worse than mine was as a daily wake-and-bake college student back in the day.  That little castle in the corner  is a surprise to them every time around the tank.  So it is with the UTD writing staff.

• Love 2

Julia and Barbie are adults and should have better sense. Julia the man killed your husband 3 weeks ago.

None of these people have any sense.  As for Julia, she stopped caring in a few days.

Stop worrying about Eva taking your man and at least pretend to grieve for your murdered husband.

Being a 3rd wheel is all Eva is there for and possibly being yet another death.

Does anyone under the Dome grieve for more than 24 hours?

Or at all, since they just seem to go along with whatever happens in the very next scene.

(edited)

Supposedly, the short term memory of goldfish is even worse than mine was as a daily wake-and-bake college student back in the day. That little castle in the corner is a surprise to them every time around the tank. So it is with the UTD writing staff.

They say goldfish have no memory

I guess their lives are much like mine

And the little plastic castle

Is a surprise every time

And it's hard to say if they're happy

But they don't seem much to mind

"Little Plastic Castle"-Ani DiFranco

Edited by Accidental Martyr
  • Love 1

I'm watching it... missed a bit.

Oh god... Julia just made a Star Trek reference. Dammit. Dat bitch ruined it lmao.

"the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

Back away from that line lady! It's Spock's!

And Jim called her 'Mrs. Spock'. NO, NO, NO. She's evil, not a damn Vulcan.

• Love 1

That's right. I forgot that they even divided up on whether or not to leave that place.

"I don't know, Julia. I'm as torn as my cow on whether to stay in the dome or get from under the dome. For now, I'll go with my cow's guts and stick with Big Jim Under the Dome!"

A video? I missed that. Perhaps I rolled my eyes, they got stuck and I spent so much effort trying to unstick them that I missed that part. Maybe that explains why it makes so much less sense to me and it isn't the writer's fault. No. Wait. I rolled my eyes because of something that happened before they found the Alaska folder. It is the writer's fault.

It was in black and white (though it seemed more sepia toned to me) and very nicely edited, with scenes shot from different angles, as though someone took days and days worth of film and then carefully put them together to make a 43 second film about infected people committing suicide.  It was yet another example of the writers/producers not thinking something through.