Type keyword(s) to search

Strudel-Boy and Cawowine: Irritating Kids in Commercials

• Start Topic

@Scout Finch I am so very sorry about Mr. Kitty.  My thoughts are with you.

There is a commercial, it may be local because it has the cheap look, but, there is a little girl that pronounces the name as Picanelle and when corrected to Pinnacle, she responds "That's what I said Picanelle."  And she just has this aren't I the cutest thing look on her face.  Now they've made a second one.  Cannot switch channels fast enough.

• Love 3

Mr. Kitty's been gone for about 12 years, and then about five years after that I lost 19-year-old Milo. I currently have two and my tortie Willow is getting up there in years, but hopefully she'll be around for a while. The other cat is my avatar, though he's just named Scout, and the only connection to him and my user name is my obviously favorite book.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, tiftgirl said:

@Scout Finch I am so very sorry about Mr. Kitty.  My thoughts are with you.

There is a commercial, it may be local because it has the cheap look, but, there is a little girl that pronounces the name as Picanelle and when corrected to Pinnacle, she responds "That's what I said Picanelle."  And she just has this aren't I the cutest thing look on her face.  Now they've made a second one.  Cannot switch channels fast enough.

I've been seeing the first one a lot, too. Can't stand it. The kid is SO smug. I pass by their HQ on the way to Home Depot. I boo.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

"Boxed" - "Can we order cookies next time?"  That little girl is SO natural. I love her. I want to buy her cookies in bulk.

I like the kid who proclaims "I want a bucket of chicken!" Cracks me up.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I haven't seen that one. I only see the little girl wanting cookies.

The "I want a box of chicken" kid is on a Kraft cheese ad. I've only seen one version of the Boxed ad, the one with the paper towels.

6 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

The "I want a box of chicken" kid is on a Kraft cheese ad. I've only seen one version of the Boxed ad, the one with the paper towels.

That's the one! At the very end the girl at the table says after watching all the paper towels fall out of the pantry "Can we order cookies next time?"  She is a natural!

• Love 2

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the commercials that irritate, outrage, etc., the local commercials thread or this one.  So, I decided on this one.

I hate it when local companies put their children (or grandchildren) in their commercials.  If the kids could act even a little bit, it wouldn't be so bad, but I guess it's supposed to be part of the 'charm' to have the kids be natural.  But, they are either extra-hyper, or they are so young that you can't understand a word of their lines, or they speak in a monotone.  Maybe the kids are having fun with it, but it's really painful to watch.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Note to local merchants/service providers:  Your kids/grandkids are not as cute as you think they are.

yeah, there's the one for a company called Pinnacle and the little girl calls it Piccanle.  oh, so that's cute the first couple of times you see it maybe, but definitely not once the girl has grown up a bit.  just makes her look dumb that she can't get that stupid work right.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, cinsays said:

yeah, there's the one for a company called Pinnacle and the little girl calls it Piccanle.  oh, so that's cute the first couple of times you see it maybe, but definitely not once the girl has grown up a bit.  just makes her look dumb that she can't get that stupid work right.

So she's the new Mason Reese, the Borgasmord kid?

• LOL 2

There's a local chain restaurant that likes to emphasize 'family', and in their TV ads, they show owners' little kids 'helping' to make the pizza. So, they're saying upfront that they let the kids put their smudgy, stinky hands in the food? Thanks for the warning. I'll eat ANYWHERE. ELSE. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 4
51 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't like the Chapstik kid messing up the glass.  She's old enough to know better, so I hope the parents made her clean it up.  

I don't believe in the concept that kids should know better.  I know I didn't when I was that age (maybe I still don't).

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

I don't believe in the concept that kids should know better.  I know I didn't when I was that age (maybe I still don't).

Well, we all have different experiences because I surely would've known better at that age.  It's not like she's a two-year-old.  

And making ugly faces smeared against glass is not cute.  JMHO

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1