Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OriginalCyn

Strudel-Boy and Cawowine: Irritating Kids in Commercials

“Am I cute?”

Well, kid, if you have to ask, the answer is generally no.

(unfortunately, she is cute.  Annoying, but cute.)

Edited by mojoween
  • Laugh 3

2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

“Am I cute?”

Well, kid, if you have to ask, the answer is generally no.

(unfortunately, she is cute.  Annoying, but cute.”

Yes, she is cute, but the part that bugs me is when she says "Look at these dimples!" The kid doesn't have any dimples. If that's an important part of the ad, find a cute kid with dimples - can't be that hard.

• Like 9

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:40 PM, chessiegal said:

unfortunately, she is cute.  Annoying, but cute.”

For kids in commercials, all they need is to be cute without being sickeningly so, and able to say their lines so you can understand what they just said.  The current trend in kids seems to be kids who basically act and sound like adults (as opposed to old people who act like kids, which is always annoying), which doesn't bother me. As for the content of the ad, they shouldn't be held responsible (really, neither should adult actors in ads).

Edited by Tom Holmberg

Hey, Commercial Dad.  Your kid is not a future half of famer.  (Your kid is also not a good actor.)  And if your kid was so freaking stupid he would  run off the field to get a glass of bottled lemonade, he is also not going to be a Rhodes scholar.  Does he have a health condition that makes him so thirsty he can't wait?     

• Like 5

12 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Hey, Commercial Dad.  Your kid is not a future half of famer.  (Your kid is also not a good actor.)  And if your kid was so freaking stupid he would  run off the field to get a glass of bottled lemonade, he is also not going to be a Rhodes scholar.  Does he have a health condition that makes him so thirsty he can't wait?     

Have you ever watched little kids play a sport?  Things like this happen all the time.  They are easily distracted by squirrels, clouds, and lemonade.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

On 7/28/2018 at 6:47 PM, peacheslatour said:

Argh, those kids in the tp commercial. I don't want to hear a bunch of insipid brats lisping about how clean they feel.

That one girl that is Cawowine v2.0 who is clean as a Cwistol Castle or Shimmuwing Mwuhmaid (depending on which version you see).  Really?  You can't hire actors without speech impediments? 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

On 10/1/2018 at 7:37 AM, HighMaintenance said:

That one girl that is Cawowine v2.0 who is clean as a Cwistol Castle or Shimmuwing Mwuhmaid (depending on which version you see).  Really?  You can't hire actors without speech impediments? 

Terry Pratchett, in one of the Discworld books featuring Susan, snarked on the idea that lisping and other speech affectations make a small child "cute". There are some adults who seem to think that, I have no idea why.

• Like 3

Does talking baby talk to children create speech impediments? I was never one for baby talk. (Well, except for my cat but I don't expect that to affect her speech.) I

• Like 5
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Does talking baby talk to children create speech impediments? I was never one for baby talk. (Well, except for my cat but I don't expect that to affect her speech.) I

The ones that are physical and/or developmental, no - that's going to happen regardless. But they pick up words easier when they hear them done properly.

• Like 6

Reminds me of an old Steve Martin routine about talking "wrong" to your kids, so that when they go to school, they raise their hands & say, "May I mambo dog-face to the banana peel?"

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Baby Talk, Baby Talk, it's a wonder you can walk. - Buddy Hinton

"You stop that, Buddy Hinton! Because my parents are just crazy enough to teach my older brother something about boxing and he'll bop you!"

I wonder why Phil Mickelson's daughter didn't want to be in the commercials for Enbrel with him? They don't even show Not!Phil Mickelson's real daughter's face.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2018 at 7:41 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

On 9/30/2018 at 8:16 AM, Haleth said:

Have you ever watched little kids play a sport?  Things like this happen all the time.  They are easily distracted by squirrels, clouds, and lemonade.

LOL. When my son was 4, he played flag football and used to run off the field to get a snack from me. No health condition. He just liked snacks. 

• Like 2

On 10/8/2018 at 9:53 AM, mmecorday said:

"You stop that, Buddy Hinton! Because my parents are just crazy enough to teach my older brother something about boxing and he'll bop you!"

I wonder why Phil Mickelson's daughter didn't want to be in the commercials for Enbrel with him? They don't even show Not!Phil Mickelson's real daughter's face.

Maybe she's smart enough to realize that she's inherited his acting skills - which is to say, neither of them can act?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:47 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

Reminds me of an old Steve Martin routine about talking "wrong" to your kids, so that when they go to school, they raise their hands & say, "May I mambo dog-face to the banana peel?"

I still say that.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

So I watch Cartoon Network occasionally (okay more than occasionally, don't judge me!) so I am, naturally, subjected to what may be the most annoying kid I ever heard on a commercial. She is the little screaming one on the LOL Dolls commercials Apparently her name is Mykal Michelle and I would link to a commercial but I cannot put myself through that torture, I'm sorry. Everytime she comes on I just want to pierce my eardrums with an ice pick.  And ear god, the amount of eye makeup they have put on her makes me cringe - and I love makeup and don't have a problem with kids wearing it.  I just can't with this kid.  

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, callie lee 29 said:

So I watch Cartoon Network occasionally (okay more than occasionally, don't judge me!) so I am, naturally, subjected to what may be the most annoying kid I ever heard on a commercial. She is the little screaming one on the LOL Dolls commercials Apparently her name is Mykal Michelle and I would link to a commercial but I cannot put myself through that torture, I'm sorry. Everytime she comes on I just want to pierce my eardrums with an ice pick.  And ear god, the amount of eye makeup they have put on her makes me cringe - and I love makeup and don't have a problem with kids wearing it.  I just can't with this kid.  

Stay far away from Nickelodeon when JoJo Siwa is on.  I experience the same thing.

• Like 1

Here's a new Buick ad.

Look, you little jerk. You didn't buy the groceries, and aren't going to cook with them. You can at least take them a few feet into the kitchen. 

He wouldn't be allowed to use anything in my SUV with that attitude. 

Edited by InDueTime
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

But then I'm 70 what do I know?😊

If you're 70, you might be perfect for a tricycle! :)

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Has anyone nominated the entire Kars4Kids band? Because starting with the lead singer junior douche, I want to slap the shit out of all of them. Which is ironic because I think it's supposed to benefit children who suffer from abuse. I'm pretty sure the whole thing is some weird scam though, I mean how does me donating a boat to Kars4Kids somehow affect how much they're abused by their parents? Do they give the boat to the parents so they have something other than abuse their kids to do?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

22 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Has anyone nominated the entire Kars4Kids band?

Don't blame the kids, blame the adults who made the ad.  It was discussed earlier that Kars 4 Kids benefits some fundamentalist Jewish organization that's kind of sketchy (starting with the ad). But I hate having to hear that song over and over.

• Like 3

Somebody please tell that annoying little dancer girl with a tulle skirt and sneakers in the Chase commercial to please go away and not come back?  I can't remember the last time I've been so irritated by a child's spunky  ' Little Miss Thing' attitude.  Confidence is one thing, but her parents need to tell her to take it down a notch instead of fist-bumping her.  Her little shimmy dance on the first place podium while the 2nd and 3rd placers modestly stand there makes me want to knock her off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EC0EpKmBoE

• Like 4

All the kids in those mac & cheese ads who refuse to eat real food need to be stranded on a desert island where there's nothing to eat but bugs and raw fish with a side of seaweed. The little twit flatly spouting nonsense about his fake allergy and food colors that don't mix really makes the palm of my slappin' hand itch. And the girl who has to be bribed with French fries to get her to eat broccoli can go with them. I've also grown to hate the song that fires up while the little buggers triumphantly shovel dripping spoonfuls of that crap into their faces. 

These ads are on heavy rotation on the food channels unfortunately, so due to how much I love cooking competitions I see them too often. My own fault but still I bitch.

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, CoderLady said:

All the kids in those mac & cheese ads who refuse to eat real food need to be stranded on a desert island where there's nothing to eat but bugs and raw fish with a side of seaweed. The little twit flatly spouting nonsense about his fake allergy and food colors that don't mix really makes the palm of my slappin' hand itch. And the girl who has to be bribed with French fries to get her to eat broccoli can go with them. I've also grown to hate the song that fires up while the little buggers triumphantly shovel dripping spoonfuls of that crap into their faces. 

These ads are on heavy rotation on the food channels unfortunately, so due to how much I love cooking competitions I see them too often. My own fault but still I bitch.

I totally agree! And they are going to result in some very bad habits in kids that watch them.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:17 PM, ctlady said:

I can't remember the last time I've been so irritated by a child's spunky 

If she won the nationals, I'd hate to see the losers.  She's spunky.  I hate spunky! (To quote Lou Grant)

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

So Kraft Cheese thinks you should just throw out your dinner and everybody in the house eat what the kid wants?

• Like 1

Kraft got me to put tacos back in my dinner rotation. I'd forgotten how much I like them and how easy they are to make.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Kraft got me to put tacos back in my dinner rotation. I'd forgotten how much I like them and how easy they are to make.

I love them too.  Make them in the crock pot.  Easy peasy.  Think I'm going to make some this weekend.  😀

I sprinkled cheese on my broccoli at lunch and I heard Enya singing in my head. Thanks, Kraft.

• Laugh 10

On 10/1/2019 at 5:01 PM, mmecorday said:

I sprinkled cheese on my broccoli at lunch and I heard Enya singing in my head. Thanks, Kraft.

yeah, some of these commercials are ruining my favorite artists/songs