Type keyword(s) to search

Strudel-Boy and Cawowine: Irritating Kids in Commercials

• Start Topic

Hmm, I saw that more as the girl being appalled that their self-declared favorite aunt doesn't know her nephew is allergic and gets him something that would either make him sick or kill him. That gift was more about Julia trying to score cool points than any effort to please the kiddos. She's trying way too hard. They would have been perfectly happy with hats or scarves. That said, the girl was wrong to repeat what her Mom said, but the Mom was more wrong for having said it to her kid in the first place.

Mom was also wrong to allow her kids to treat their family so disrespectfully and to have such hideous manners.

Plenty of extended family members gave me some pretty ridiculous gifts as a kid too, but I sure as Hell didn't make them feel like crap about it, but treated them courteously and thanked them for the effort.

That's what I loathe about commercials these days---more and more retailers making viewers think it's totally fine for kids talk to adults so condecendingly and with such an appalling lack of manners.

• Love 4

Also, what kid in their right mind gets that f-ing excited about *hats and scarves*?!? As far as gift awesomeness goes, that's one small step above socks and underwear. Plus bitchy Mom basically admitted she spent like $6 on them. Crappy *and* cheap - thanks Old Navy!

• Love 7

Also, what kid in their right mind gets that f-ing excited about *hats and scarves*?!? As far as gift awesomeness goes, that's one small step above socks and underwear. Plus bitchy Mom basically admitted she spent like $6 on them. Crappy *and* cheap - thanks Old Navy!

That reminds me of the time I got one pair of yellow knit underpants from an aunt when I was about 10. WTF? I'd much rather have a pony-giving aunt.

• Love 3
Plus bitchy Mom basically admitted she spent like $6 on them.
If the kids are happy with $6 scarves, why spend more?  And if the kids are only happy when you spend tons of money on them, then they're still little assholes and deserve $6 scarves.
  • Love 6
(edited)

This ad goes from "Aww" to "Eww."

I wish the idea that little boys do this sort of thing was bleachable from the things I now know.

Clorox needs to step away from commercials involving the toilet (and the stuff that goes in it).

Edited by InDueTime
  • Love 4

...right behind you, Lola16.  Last year was the first time I ever bought Clementines, so I can do without them the rest of my life.

To be fair, there are plenty of brands other than Halos or Cuties.  Ones that don't have horrible brats doing the advertising.  My local stores just had Sunkist on sale, and I didn't have to subsidize evil spawn to eat them.  (Oh, and they were actually from Morocco, too.)

• Love 2

But if your grocery only carries Halos...I'm not running all over town looking for a different brand, just so I can eat a bunch of 'em at once (they really ARE good) and then spike my blood sugar.  LOL.

I feel your pain.  I love clementines, and hate Halos.  But I wouldn't run all over town either; I'd just suffer.

• Love 1

Buy a diesel VW and you won't have to stop at gas stations as often, where your little hellions - despite being old enough to know better - will spill slurpees and condiments all over the place while you're busy pumping gas.

• Love 7

Anyone seen the 11-year-old having an orgasm over the new Werther's?? 

You mean this one?  Afterwards, she unrealistically clutches her teddy bear.  The writers obviously never seen a kid eat candy in real life before.

• Love 2

Anyone seen the 11-year-old having an orgasm over the new Werther's??

Right up there is the boy, about the same age, savoring his slice of pizza (Red Baron? DiGiorno?)

• Love 2

the Strudel Boy (for Pillsbury's Toaster Strudel) He has one of the worst faux-German accents to hit the small screen in years -- when he breaks into that "Toaster Strudel, Ja?" I'm tempted to put a brick through the TV.  Also irritating is that strudel is an Austrian pastry, yet they have the kid decked out in lederhosen and looking like an escapee from a Biergarten at Oktoberfest.

There's a new a commercial with an American-looking kid eating a toaster strudel and a voice-over praising how gooey, flaky, and full of icing it is. Nothing's wrong with the commercial, but I find myself missing Strudel Boy. My kids and I watch his commercials and find ourselves repeating "flaaaky, gooo-ey," over & over. 

(edited)

I have found a new kid to hate.  He invites his friend over because his parents have solar panels and can afford to run the air conditioner colder than every other house in the neighborhood.  Friend arrives at the front door and kid lets him in.  After friend comments how cool the house is they both run off leaving the front door wide open.  Mom just smiles at them and goes over to close the door without saying a word.  Solar panels or not my mom would have told us to march right over and close the door "I am not paying to cool the entire neighborhood!" instead of doing it for us. 

Edited by Callasin
  • Love 2

There's a new a commercial with an American-looking kid eating a toaster strudel and a voice-over praising how gooey, flaky, and full of icing it is. Nothing's wrong with the commercial, but I find myself missing Strudel Boy. My kids and I watch his commercials and find ourselves repeating "flaaaky, gooo-ey," over & over. 

Me too! 

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but the little girl on the Care.com commercials is annoying. Care.com allows me to use my mobile phone find a nanny, babysitter, home care nurse, etc with one swipe. It's like I'm on Tinder!

Anyway, the little girl is cute, but her voice combined with the bad script make her sound screechy and almost whiny. I know she can't help how her voice sounds, but the people directing the commercial could give her better words to say.

• Love 2

The little girl in the new Toyota ad where she winks at Jan freaks me the heck out.  That's the scariest wink I've ever seen.

Also, she makes that clicking sound with her mouth while she's winking.  What is she, a sailor from a 1940s movie trying to pick up a girl while on leave?!

• Love 4

Okay Verizon, your new ad about things that should just work with the little girl in the broken Barbie Dream Car (or whatever the Hell they call it these days) who is screaming her lil' head off...no. No no no. Screaming children are never the way to sell me a thing. It's a way to get me to turn off that commercial the singular second that I can identify it.

• Love 5

You guys have me yelling yes yes that one at my screen over and over.There are several car related ones lately that drive me batty.The ones where kids interrupt the parent and sales person to inform the parent about the cars features.I can't stand know it all kids.I actually avoided some car dealerships because of them.We have a couple of very local ads that I don't know who I want to strangle the kid or the business owner.I do not want a kid trying to sell me an automatic car starter or fix my stone chips in my windshield.Like it was said earlier Your kids are not cute.

Now my age is showing.One of the first kids I remember wanting to reach through the screen and choke was the kid that said It's Shake and Bake and I helped. in her stupid fake accent.That one made a brief comeback with a new annoying kid several years back.

• Love 4

Now my age is showing.One of the first kids I remember wanting to reach through the screen and choke was the kid that said It's Shake and Bake and I helped. in her stupid fake accent.That one made a brief comeback with a new annoying kid several years back.

If you were the witch it Hansel & Gretel you could put good use to the product and the kid...

• Love 7

My family used to say, "And I helped!" in that godawful accent all the time.  That child came off like she had serious problems.  

There is an ad for Heavenly Greens that features a little girl who talks about how it saves on water.  At the end of the ad she says, "Save some water for me, will ya?"  She is so obnoxious she makes me want to open all the taps and let the water flow.  

• Love 3

My family used to say, "And I helped!" in that godawful accent all the time.  That child came off like she had serious problems.  

We used to do that, too! Whenever we did something for my Mom in the kitchen (peel potatoes or whatever) we'd scream, "And I hepped!". That little brat didn't pronounce the "l", IIRC.

• Love 9

We used to do that, too! Whenever we did something for my Mom in the kitchen (peel potatoes or whatever) we'd scream, "And I hepped!". That little brat didn't pronounce the "l", IIRC.

No!  You were spying on our family!  How dare you repeat OUR anecdotes!  LOL.  I wonder how many kids did say, "An' Ah hepped..."

Another one was throwing stuff down in frustration, screaming, "Mother! Please! I'd rather do it myself!!"  (I think that was for a headache analgesic.)

• Love 3

No!  You were spying on our family!  How dare you repeat OUR anecdotes!  LOL.  I wonder how many kids did say, "An' Ah hepped..."

Another one was throwing stuff down in frustration, screaming, "Mother! Please! I'd rather do it myself!!"  (I think that was for a headache analgesic.)

LOL! I remember singing, "LSMFT, Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco" and "Plop, plop, fizz, fizz! Oh, what a relief it is." whenever my Dad would light up or take an Alka Seltzer.

Yes, we were a weird family.

• Love 4

Alka-Seltzer once held a contest - write a two-line rhyme & win (whatever).  My grandfather submitted:

Take five bottles of the stuff

Even then, it's not enough.

Needless to say, he didn't win. 

I think of LSMFT whenever Rachael Ray says EVOO - because in each case, they don't let the acronym just stand on its own - they have to go & define it.  She never says EVOO without saying Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  (Anyway, she never did while I was still watching her.  I got burned out on her really fast.  Not as fast as burning out on Emeril, but pretty fast.)

• Love 2

Oh yeah!  We did all that stuff plus "I thought you were Dale!"  I think it was for hand lotion.

• Love 1

Apparently, I was an independent little thing, as my Dad would frequently tease me with a melodramatic, "Please! I'd rather do it myself!" I didn't remember the commercial and would always reply huffily, "Yes, I do!" and he'd laugh and laugh.

• Love 1