Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I think there was a fairly recent conversation - somewhere - about the use of arrows during filming of the show, but of course I can't find it now. I think this might be the appropriate place to post this video, though. It's about a guy who can shoot arrows really fast with a technique that is different from what we see in TV and the movies.  There's a very brief shot of Oliver during the discussion of archery in film.

http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/lars-andersen-shows-off-insane-archery-skills/?fb=dd

• Love 2

Someone in my Twitter timeline retweeted this: http://twitter.com/batgirlblues/status/558721569732587520

So when asked directly, Caity Lotz said she's not coming back to Arrow. If this is legit, yeah, good for her.

Wait, so we won't get to see those "really cool plans" that the writers had for her character, because they loved Caity so much? Aw, shucks. I was on the edge of my seat, waiting to see where they took Sara Lance next.

• Love 5

I wonder if it finally occured to the writers that telling two Black Canary stories at the same time didn't make any sense. Esp when one of them was shipwrecked, went through hell on and off an island, and was trained to become one of the best fighters in the world and the other got a law degree, a few addidictions and a couple months of boxing lessons.

Or if Caity just didn't want to come back...

• Love 5

I wonder if it finally occured to the writers that telling two Black Canary stories at the same time didn't make any sense. Esp when one of them was shipwrecked, went through hell on and off an island, and was trained to become one of the best fighters in the world and the other got a law degree, a few addidictions and a couple months of boxing lessons.

Or if Caity just didn't want to come back...

I can't see why anyone would want to keep returning to a show for guest appearances when they've been killed off. I know some people don't have the luxury of turning down work, but I'm glad we won't be seeing any more of her. I liked Sara, but I honestly don't care to know any more about her since she's dead now. It would've been a huge waste of time. I hope she said no, just like Susanna Thompson did. I like Arrow, obviously, but if these dudes can't give you something to do and you're under no obligation? Just say no.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6

Hopefully Caity has decided that she's got enough work that she doesn't have to keep coming back to Arrow whenever they get the whim to call her and that's why she's not coming back.  They treated her well season 2 and gave her a good showcase, but this season she doesn't need to come back to glorify Laurel.

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish..

• Love 1

John Barrowman also said that Malcolm was dead, dead, dead and he would only be back for flashbacks.  So really I don't trust any of the lot of them at this point.

Maybe KC cancelled because Laurel is going to be killed and Caity comes back alive from the Lazarus Pits and kills Laurel. 

• Love 3

Maybe KC cancelled because Laurel is going to be killed and Caity comes back alive from the Lazarus Pits and kills Laurel. 

Well, Chrissy Teigen did accuse KC of not having a job.  It would be super awesome if she knew something that we all didn't.

• Love 7

As if he isn't busy enough, now GB is going to be doing yet another TV show (though I have to admit Blindspot sounds intriguing)...

It sounds intriguing, although I wish he would pay more attention to Arrow.  He's got three shows on now, two pilots and is hoping for an ATOM on too,

Indirectly, I think it says a lot about the success of Arrow though.  I think no one has more TV shows on the go right now except maybe JJ Abrams.

That archery video is amazing.  Thanks,bethy. 

Someone needs to sent that to SA.  With his competitiveness, he'd go nuts.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Well, Chrissy Teigen did accuse KC of not having a job.  It would be super awesome if she knew something that we all didn't.

Well one of the articles that talked about the twitter fight (ew or eonline I think?) wrote that Katie Cassidy has a "recurring role" on Arrow. That must have been a blow to Cassidy who signed up to be the female lead of the show. 

• Love 5

I hope Caity sticks with her decision to not come back. She spent all that time and effort into developing Sara only to be tossed out like garbage. Then she'll only come back to prop up another character. Unless she really needs the money, it doesn't seem worth it. Same with Susanna Thompson. It would be better for them to find work somewhere else. 

Caity Lotz's panel is on right now, and it proves just what the show lost when they decided to kill her off. You can follow the panel through tweets here. Some of the things she has said so far:

"A lot of the fighting is actually me! But getting hit in the head with a pipe? That's my double." Laughs @caitylotz

"I've done some Krav Maga, some Taekwando. But that wasn't for TV! This is before I was on the show." @caitylotz

"I miss being with the cast each day. They are like family - a really big part of my life." - @caitylotz #WizardWorld

• Love 5

The EPs "didn't know what they got till it's gone."  Maybe they still don't know.

It was E! Online.

Ouch.  And looking at the pictures of Katie Cassidy, Erin Andrews and Chrissy Teigen with their blonde hair and pale dresses, they look so much alike. Katie and Chrissy even have the same hairstyle.  It's kind of freaky.

Edited by statsgirl

As if he isn't busy enough, now GB is going to be doing yet another TV show (though I have to admit Blindspot sounds intriguing)...

‘Blindspot’ Conspiracy Drama From Greg Berlanti, Martin Gero Gets NBC Pilot Order

by Nellie Andreeva • January 23, 2015 5:10pm

http://deadline.com/2015/01/blindspot-drama-pilot-greg-berlanti-martin-gero-nbc-1201356819/

a beautiful woman, with no memories of her past, who is found naked in Times Square with her body fully covered in intricate tattoos. Her discovery sets off a vast and complex mystery that immediately ignites the attention of the FBI who begin to follow the road map on her body to reveal a larger conspiracy of crime while bringing her closer to discovering the truth about her identity.

After reading the summary all I could think about is that poor woman and how long she is going to have to be stuck in the make up chair. 

• Love 4

I wonder how SA is feeling, if he's happy the show is getting the publicity or wishing he'd never started it in the first place.

I don't think he should feel bad - his tweet was harmless, especially considering the fact that he actually knows Erin Andrews and she didn't seem to take offense at it.  It was Katie and that Chrissy person (never heard of her before this, whereas at least I had heard of Katie Cassidy before Arrow) who turned it into a big to-do.  Katie should have just not responded to any of Chrissy's tweets.  I know it can be really hard not to argue back on the internet, but sometimes you just have to stop yourself and consider whether it's really worth the aggravation.  Her tweet probably wasn't the best thought-out response, but I doubt she intended it to turn into such a production.

I also wouldn't be surprised if all this publicity and some of the negative reaction to the BC plot are why she's cancelling con appearances.  

• Love 1

"Felicity is smart and strong and opinionated. And that's incredibly appealing to Oliver." @amellywood #WizardWorld

"If Oliver can't be with Felicity because she is becoming a very strong character then there is something wrong with Oliver." Stephen Amell

#WWArrow shooting season three from July 9th to April 17th

On James Bamford : "Bam can I just take the bow and punch someone in the face” #ArrowPanel #WizardWorld

"What would your soundtrack be if u were to Walk into WWERaw?" Gonna have to go with the arrow theme #WizardWorld #arrowpanel #bestquestion

#WWArrow favorite superhero: Superman because Captain Canada is more of a concept

On seasonal changes "We have days where its like 'Where the hell is the sun!'” // Welcome to Vancouver Captain ;) #ArrowPanel #WizardWorld

Stephen got the role of Oliver on February 1, 2012 #ArrowPanel #WizardWorld

#WWArrow he worked for weeks to know the fights for the pilot

So this girl in front of us took a picture with stephen and had him put an "I love felicity smoak" post it on him. It was cute.

• Love 3

#WWArrow promises one salmon ladder before the end of the season

Action or Drama = Doesn’t really like one more than other but drama offers chance for character development. #ArrowPanel #WizardWorld

#WWArrow a little shoutout to Oliver saying I love u to felicity

"If you don't care about Oliver's relationships, you can't care about that he's fighting for," explains @amellywood

@amellywood hints at a big homage to the comics that will be coming up in the show between season 3-4... hat>hood? #wizardworld #arrowpanel

“ David Ramsey is way bigger than I am. Wouldn't even get his arm in his suit.” #ArrowPanel

#WWArrow "I got to get back. Diggle and Felicity worry if I flashback to long" talking about Lego Arrow

The #Arrow suit has two settings - Either hot or freezing cold. Stephen also said he puts it on himself. #ArrowPanel #WizardWorld

Stephen was in studio for the dialogue for Lego Arrow. Gave him 6 hrs. He did it in 35 minutes. #ArrowPanel #WizardWorld

#WWArrow knows three more crossovers happening this season with flash and arrow. But not like the big ones

Stephen Amell singing The Gambler by Kenny Rogers is amazing. #wwarrowpanel

Stephen singing http://instagram.com/p/yQeE7yOUXl/

• Love 2

Okay, now that I've heard Stephen Amell sing, they really do have to do a musical episode of Arrow.  (Damn him, he can even sing well.)

Is that Ksenia Solo in the picture with him?  I hope he can talk her into a guest spot on Arrow.  As a villain, I hope.

• Love 3

Okay, now that I've heard Stephen Amell sing, they really do have to do a musical episode of Arrow.  (Damn him, he can even sing well.)

Is that Ksenia Solo in the picture with him?  I hope he can talk her into a guest spot on Arrow.  As a villain, I hope.

Who on the cast can sing I've heard SA JB and EBR can anyone else?

Maybe Ksenia can play Felicity's Nemesis!!

The audience at the panel got Amell to sing!

Another video:

I know it was joked about before, I think it was in his NerdHQ talk that an Arrow musical episode should happen. And he laughed it off, but I think it might fun to do in later seasons... I a little musical action fighting. The villain could be using some superpower that makes everyone sing & dance spontaneously. Or at least as part of a Flash crossover. I mean between Victor Garber, Jesse L Martin & Grant Gustin how can they not be planning a musical episode on the Flash? Doesn't Tom Canavagh even sing? That show is ripe for some song & dance. MG did executive produce Eli Stone which did have more than a few in show musical numbers.

• Love 2

I think The Flash 

will have a Karaoke night to let some of the cast sing.

I think at SDCC EBR said they all would love to do a musical episode, but Stephen doesn't want to because he can't sing. It was a "hang out" interview I think.

I don't know if I could handle the cheese factor only shows I liked the musical episodes are Buffy (streetwise made sense/Scrubs - The songs were really funny/Community - its' Community, others (Greys Anatomy I'm looking at you especially) made me cringe 

Edited by Genki
  • Love 2

I went to both Caity and Stephen's panels today -- won't deny being relieved when KC cancelled her appearance. CL had nice things to say about her though (not that she would say anything bad), despite a couple of questions that could have taken her in that direction. But she did specifically name her (KC) when talking about missing her cast mates. Even though it felt like the Lance sisters kind of ate the show for late season 2, I did like Sara and it was kind of sad to hear CL say that she didn't think we'll ever see any of Sara's LOA backstory and history with Nyssa.

Stephen's panel was quite crowded, even more so than the Agents of Shield panel (which was great and funny, even though I don't watch the show). Lots of anecdotes, but not any new information about the show. A lot of the Q&A was from kids for some reason, so there weren't a lot of probing questions. Nothing about BC, and just a couple comments about Felicity/Olicity but nothing new. Probably the most interesting thing Stephen said was that he has some say and ownership that can supersede the writers if he feels that Oliver is doing/saying something OOC. And he was, of course, charming and funny and handsome.

• Love 5

I went to both Caity and Stephen's panels today -- won't deny being relieved when KC cancelled her appearance. CL had nice things to say about her though (not that she would say anything bad), despite a couple of questions that could have taken her in that direction. But she did specifically name her (KC) when talking about missing her cast mates. Even though it felt like the Lance sisters kind of ate the show for late season 2, I did like Sara and it was kind of sad to hear CL say that she didn't think we'll ever see any of Sara's LOA backstory and history with Nyssa.

Stephen's panel was quite crowded, even more so than the Agents of Shield panel (which was great and funny, even though I don't watch the show). Lots of anecdotes, but not any new information about the show. A lot of the Q&A was from kids for some reason, so there weren't a lot of probing questions. Nothing about BC, and just a couple comments about Felicity/Olicity but nothing new. Probably the most interesting thing Stephen said was that he has some say and ownership that can supersede the writers if he feels that Oliver is doing/saying something OOC. And he was, of course, charming and funny and handsome.

Interesting, I just knew SA was somehow involved in his character development. Just the way he handles himself in interviews, like he really cares about Oliver & his journey, as well as the fans. He's invested in the story, I wonder if he eventually get producer credits, like some stars get when they renew their contracts on successful seasoned shows. Its awesome, because I think he makes amazing choices w/ Oliver, Ollie & the arrow. I'm not sure I would have stuck around for the show, if I didn't find his acting portrayal compelling. His acting choices are spot on and he helps bring out the best in those around him. To this day, although EBR has done an amazing job & is completely deserving of the role. I'm not sure she would have been initially hired from additional spots & promoted if SA was not in her camp. It seemed like he was in favor of her from the start. The network, could have easily tried to find another actress or name to fill her shows. But that 1 scene in epi 3 was just that good... 

• Love 5