Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

My question is, why would the writers want that dumpster there to 'break her fall'? I mean she was gonna die anyways so that didn't make sense to me. I think the fridge thing would've been (slightly) better received if Sara didn't fall on a dumpster (which could've easily been a car or whatever)

Forgive me for getting gross, but I think what Guggenheim meant is they needed something to break the fall, or there was gonna be a bloody Sara pancake instead of a body for Laurel to hold, and carry to the foundry. They needed the body to be more or less intact for plot reasons. They could have used a car, though.

• Love 1

He's right in that it is common sense for them to put the body in the freezer since Laurel just *had* to drag Sara's corpse from the scene of the crime, and maybe if this show didn't have such a terrible history with their treatment of women and using their deaths to propel other people's storylines, it wouldn't have been such a questionable oversight. 

Oh, the practical reason for putting Sara in the fridge actually makes total sense. BUT these people are comic book writers. I would assume they are very familiar with the word "fridging." Add that to the show's history, and they're just showing a stunning lack of awareness.

Count Vertigo's body was not going to be dragged through the city by anyone. If Sara landed on the car she wouldn't have bounced most likely. Laurel would have had to climb on top of the car and then drag it off the car and through the city. Sara landed on the plastic top of the dumpster allowing her to bounce onto the ground where Laurel could easily pick her up and cuddle her and scream and cry.

I'm not defending the choice just saying that might have been a practical reason for doing it they way the did it.

• Love 1

Oh, the practical reason for putting Sara in the fridge actually makes total sense. BUT these people are comic book writers. I would assume they are very familiar with the word "fridging." Add that to the show's history, and they're just showing a stunning lack of awareness.

Right, I wasn't implying that they weren't somehow familiar with fridging, just that if they didn't have such a pitiful history of killing off women on this show, that them actually putting Sara's body in a freezer might not have become such an issue with this particular death. Then again, it very well might have, I don't know.

• Love 1

I need someone to edit it so that we can't see the part where he puts the syringe in her pocket. It's a real shippy mood killer, haha. 

True, but we still get Oliver's doofy kinda smile after smooching Felicity. Boy was already completely smitten. And since SA has twice now referenced both kisses as his favorite Olicity scenes, I continue to maintain he's a little bit in love with Felicity. (Note: Not EBR, Felicity.)

Now can we get on MG to release that fake happy kiss from the promo because that's another scene I need to see for...reasons.

My question is, why would the writers want that dumpster there to 'break her fall'? I mean she was gonna die anyways so that didn't make sense to me. I think the fridge thing would've been (slightly) better received if Sara didn't fall on a dumpster (which could've easily been a car or whatever)

There were a hundred different ways they could have framed the scene to kill off Sara without adding a dumpster and a fridge. A car, a different place, etc. I get they wanted everyone to know that Sara was dead dead really dead, but I could have surmised that from the 3 arrows to the chest. They could have cut the fridge line completely. People might have questioned what they did with Sara's body, but that's better than literally fridging the character. And if that thought never occurred to anyone in the writers room, they can all turn in their WGA cards in right now. Every self-respecting comic fan - which these people continue to throw out there - is aware of fridging and what it means. That no one thought about that and what it represents is just representative of a bigger problem they have with their writing.

Is MG doing damage control? Yeah. Will it work? I don't know. Maybe. I actually like getting the behind the scenes info from people you normally don't hear from (e.g. the writers) but I think this whole upcoming arc is misguided. So many things they've done this year seem to have backfired - Sara, pushing Laurel front and center, the TCAs, removing Oliver from his own damn show. What are they thinking in those production offices??

• Love 6

Stupid, short-sighted, possibly sexist yes but misogyny....man that's a tough one for me to believe given the presence of Felicity, Moira, Thea , Helena, McKenna, Nyssa, Sara, Lyla, Cupid, Laurel, Iris and Caitlin in the Flash. Sara' s death was ugly and stupid and awful and IMO unnecessary. Moira's death was shocking and upsetting. I realize the NUMBER of women does not mitigate problematic writing BUT IMO if the writers were truly misogynistic, not one woman in the show would be strong or brave or a fully realized character in her own right and I do think most of the women in the show are fairly well drawn complete characters...even Laurel if I don't like what she does I don't think her poor characterization is because the writers and showrunners are misogynists. MV here I realize. 

I think when they write female characters, they write them well (except for Laurel and that's a result of a number of factors) because they are good writers.  I see misogyny in how disposable these female characters are when they think it will make a storyline, and how much they cling to the male characters they create.  I think the last important male to die was Tommy.

The other problem is that all three good women, Shado, Moira and Sara were executed -- either bound so they couldn't fight back or caught by surprise by a friend. In contrast, the male characters, Malcolm, Slade, Count Vertigo, Boomerang, villains all, were given the opportunity to fight for their lives and survive.  Even on The Flash, Plastique, who didn't want to hurt anyone, was executed while the men either get put in the prison or go free.

• Love 14

Also, if Guggenheim's Tumblr Q&A is damage control, do you guys think it is working?  Because he kind of succeeded in turning me off episode 12 when I was planning on watching it.

I think it will temporarily. Him releasing the kiss made me stop hating him for the evening. But tomorrow -- okay, maybe Sunday -- I'm gonna be right back to thinking he's a hack who doesn't know what he's doing. And obviously, a lot of people are on a high right now, but I don't think that's going to make people feel any better once they see the next few episodes. We may be eating chocolate cake now, but we're gonna have to eat those turnips eventually, and the cake is gonna be a distant memory.

• Love 14

I'm a little evil. I'm taking some pleasure out of the fact that a deleted Olicity scene from season 2 has gotten more fandom buzz than anything that has been released so far.

it should tell them that we the fans want to see SOME happiness on this show and that We don't want Ray and Laurel shoved down our throats not Felicity being secondary to a Newbie and Not InstaCanary

• Love 6

Sinceriously. 

I won't watch without Oliver Queen. The. End.

I'm really glad I'm not the only one.  I love Team Arrow and Olicity and all that, but I really love Oliver Queen.  He's damaged, hypocritical, and kind of a pain, but I love him.  I'm not watching until he's back, and not just in flashbacks or as a "dead" body.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 7

I'm really glad I'm not the only one.  I love Team Arrow and Olicity and all that, but I really love Oliver Queen.  He's damaged, hypocritical, kind of a pain, but I love him.  I'm not watching until he's back, and not just in flashbacks or as a "dead" body.

I wish the writers would get that we want Oliver Diggle and Felicity above anything else not Unlikable characters shoved our Gollocks

True, but we still get Oliver's doofy kinda smile after smooching Felicity. Boy was already completely smitten. And since SA has twice now referenced both kisses as his favorite Olicity scenes, I continue to maintain he's a little bit in love with Felicity. (Note: Not EBR, Felicity.)

Now can we get on MG to release that fake happy kiss from the promo because that's another scene I need to see for...reasons.

WOW!! Hold on dearie... What happy kiss from the promo?

*foreverevolving who is racking her brain trying to remember any info about a fake happy kiss....*

WOW!! Hold on dearie... What happy kiss from the promo?

*foreverevolving who is racking her brain trying to remember any info about a fake happy kiss....*

The kiss that was spoiled in the promos was a different take than the one that was in the episode. The promo kiss was a longer shot (that Felicity seemed to participate more in?) vs the kiss from the episode. 

The promo kiss:

tumblr_inline_nbgswfAEfE1shrb8p.gif

The episode kiss:

tumblr_nd5j39kSgj1sjxzs0o1_400.gif

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 1

Okay, good, I knew something was off when my brain wasn't able to come up with a different kiss...

So, that's not a different kiss just a different take or different shooting perspectives, or perhaps the uncut take. I don't see a reason to ask MG to release it.

I need someone to edit it so that we can't see the part where he puts the syringe in her pocket. It's a real shippy mood killer, haha.

No kidding.  It kind of breaks my heart.  You see it on Felicity's face when the kiss is over, yeah she understands and it kind of kills her but then the quaver in Oliver's voice and the guilty smile when he asks is a gut punch too.  I have to admit, seeing the whole scene put together was wonderful.  I think I'd forgotten how incredible that scene really was.

The kiss that was spoiled in the promos was a different take than the one that was in the episode. The promo kiss was a longer shot (that Felicity seemed to participate more in?) vs the kiss from the episode. 

The promo kiss:

tumblr_inline_nbgswfAEfE1shrb8p.gif

The episode kiss:

tumblr_nd5j39kSgj1sjxzs0o1_400.gif

The promo one make me think that EBR started laughing or something. 

• Love 1

Okay, good, I knew something was off when my brain wasn't able to come up with a different kiss...

So, that's not a different kiss just a different take or different shooting perspectives, or perhaps the uncut take. I don't see a reason to ask MG to release it.

Yeah, I don't expect them to release that take. I just want ALL THE KISSES. :D

side by side kisses

http://felicties.tumblr.com/post/108290824552/2x23-deleted-kiss-3x01-kiss

I love the comparison between the dark of 2x23 and the light of 3x01.

Okay, I thought I was doing okay, wasn't going too crazy about this kiss -- until I saw them side by side. Now I have stuck in my head this merged kiss with beginning of the 2x23 scene and the end of the 3x01 one. I'm totally ruined now. Sigh.

We're all going to be in major trouble when these two get on the same page -- with their mouths. (Sorry -- I just couldn't resist. I really tried. :-) )

• Love 5

thefourcolormonkey asked:

I know Arrow loves its symbolism. Did it really not occur to anyone behind the scenes throughout the entire writing and production process for 3x01 that maybe going so far as to have a character fall onto a dumpster and land dead next to bags of garbage was a tad tasteless? To say nothing of how it was later specified that her body was then put into a night club freezer when we all know you guys are well aware of the meaning refrigerators have when it comes to dead female characters.

The dumpster was purely to — no joke — break the fall so that Sara didn’t just splat on the ground.

I’ll take the hit on the night club freezer, however.  It felt morbid to just keep her body to decompose in the lair.  They’d refrigerate it like you would at any morgue.  The “fridging female characters” thing didn’t occur to me at the time.

He's lying. I feel quite comfortable saying that. There is no conceivable scenario where a group of comic book savvy writers kill a female character, decide to dump the corpse in a refrigerator, and not one of them says, 'hang on a minute... you know what this looks like?' And that's not even taking into account the main writer having been on panels that have explicitly discussed the theme of casually killing women to further the stories of male characters.

I'm sure it occurred to them all, and they all chortled with glee about how they were 'cleverly' alluding to the trope. They seem to have enjoyed killing Sara Lance far too much, and that disturbs me a little, after they also killed Shado and Moira in chilling, violent ways that rendered them helpless.

• Love 12

No kidding.  It kind of breaks my heart.  You see it on Felicity's face when the kiss is over, yeah she understands and it kind of kills her but then the quaver in Oliver's voice and the guilty smile when he asks is a gut punch too.  I have to admit, seeing the whole scene put together was wonderful.  I think I'd forgotten how incredible that scene really was.

Sometimes EBR is okay, and other times she completely nails it.  The look on Felicity's face at the end of that scene when Oliver has walked away, it's confused and upset and someone who thought she'd just got everything in the world and as soon lost it and doesn't know what to do.

Because Oliver not only tells her he loves her, he initiates the kiss but stops short of her lips so she actually has to lean up and kiss him first. Poor Felicity. 

• Love 2

Because Oliver not only tells her he loves her, he initiates the kiss but stops short of her lips so she actually has to lean up and kiss him first. Poor Felicity. 

I may have watched that scene too many times and this is the part that gets me. It also makes Oliver almost more of douche when he refuses to answer her on the beach. It also makes me hate even more that we missed how they got from there to how they were in 3.1.

• Love 4

Sometimes EBR is okay, and other times she completely nails it.  The look on Felicity's face at the end of that scene when Oliver has walked away, it's confused and upset and someone who thought she'd just got everything in the world and as soon lost it and doesn't know what to do.

Right? She had to be feeling so foolish too. Because not only did he make it so that she had to close the gap because she thought it was real, but then she's into it and gripping his arm WHILE HE'S PUTTING THE SYRINGE IN HER POCKET. I was angry on her behalf, but at least the way they cut it she hadn't responded to the "I love you" so she really didn't have anything to feel foolish about. If they had left that kiss in there, I would've wanted to punch Oliver's stupid face on that beach even more than I already did. 

• Love 2

I may be in the minority about the finale and how Oliver treated Felicity, but I don't feel bad for her nor do I think Oliver was an asshole for what he did. 

As youve now given us the deleted scene AH THANKYOU BTW!! do you think that it'll come up between oliver and felicity?? because he used their feelings as a way to get her the vial of the cure, i mean its smart but was felicity hurt by it at the time?

marcguggenheim:

I don’t think Felicity was hurt.  Not in the slightest.

I know people here are weary of Marc's answers but I don't think Felicity was hurt by Oliver's actions, she's a tough woman who can handle herself. She knows the risks she has to take, she knows that Oliver had to do what he did, she knows that he didn't like doing it, she knows that it was their only option. Felicity wasn't a victim, she was a knowing and willing participant as soon as Oliver handed her the syringe. Was she disappointed? Well, yeah. But that doesn't mean Oliver took advantage of her or anything like that. 

If Felicity wasn't angry for Oliver pulling that stunt, why should we be angry? Just like that scene on that beach, while I think she wished for that moment to be real, I don't think she holds that moment against Oliver. 

• Love 7

If he had made her kiss him thinking he was serious about the ILU and then found out it was just a ruse, she might not have help it against him but she should have been much less likely to trust him next time he said  he had feelings for her or kissed her.  As David Ramsey pointed out, this is a guy who has slept with 582 women. And probably has considerable experience in using them.

If they had left that kiss in there, I would've wanted to punch Oliver's stupid face on that beach even more than I already did. 

Yeah. I didn't quite understand why MG thought we would be so angry but if that was the way the kiss was shot, I completely agree.

• Love 2

I may be in the minority about the finale and how Oliver treated Felicity, but I don't feel bad for her nor do I think Oliver was an asshole for what he did. 

I know people here are weary of Marc's answers but I don't think Felicity was hurt by Oliver's actions, she's a tough woman who can handle herself. She knows the risks she has to take, she knows that Oliver had to do what he did, she knows that he didn't like doing it, she knows that it was their only option. Felicity wasn't a victim, she was a knowing and willing participant as soon as Oliver handed her the syringe. Was she disappointed? Well, yeah. But that doesn't mean Oliver took advantage of her or anything like that. 

If Felicity wasn't angry for Oliver pulling that stunt, why should we be angry? Just like that scene on that beach, while I think she wished for that moment to be real, I don't think she holds that moment against Oliver. 

The problem with her being a willing participant after he hands her the syringe is that he's already told her he loved her as part of a ruse before he did that. 

I don't think there's much of a reason for her to be hurt or upset the way they cut the scene. He told her he loved her, then she barely had time to process that before he put the syringe in her hand. She's immediately clued in before she responds, and she hasn't put herself out there in any way that would be hurtful or embarrassing. I'm kind of angry that he didn't clue her in to the plan before he did it, but I can hand wave that. I understand why he didn't, but I do wish they'd made that clearer in the show.

If they left the kiss in, I'd feel different. Because it is shitty for him to tell her he loves her, then not only go in to kiss her but to make her put herself out there by stopping before he reached her lips, making her move in the rest of the way, then slipping the syringe in her pocket while she's clearly into it. I get that the "we both did" part of the scene on the beach was his way of letting her off the hook for maybe feeling some embarrassment that she thought it was real, but that just makes it worse in my opinion. 

So, the way it is? Fine. If they hadn't have cut that scene, I'd feel much differently, regardless of what MG was trying to sell. Just because she wasn't hurt doesn't mean it wasn't a shitty way to handle things.

• Love 5

You're not alone @wonderwall.  I had no problem with how Oliver or Felicity acted in the finale.  This "woe is me" version of Felicity is not what I saw during the finale  nor is it how I see her now.   Felicity is not some shrinking violet with Oliver or anyone else.  If she had a problem with Oliver's actions, she would have told him straight out.  It is also why I cannot get worked up about Ray Palmer's actions regarding Felicity because I know if Felicity had a problem with it she is more than capable of smacking Ray down.  

• Love 8

Felicity is more than capable of standing up for herself, but Oliver is still a dick, in general, and for how he treated her in the finale. I get it, he needed to act fast and trick Slade and at least now we know he definitely loves her, but I still don't think it was a nice thing to do. Obviously Felicity handled the situation beautifully and stabbed Slade with that needle, but...still. I can understand why Oliver did it, but I don't have to like it, I guess.

Ray's actions are questionable and if anything, the show glossing over his creepy behaviour (buying that company on the off chance Felicity would agree to work with him, semi-stalking her, showing up at her house uninvited, tracking her down after an argument), bugs me more because I don't see Felicity just rolling with that, but she's barely reacted to it since the premiere and I find that odd.

• Love 1

I'm with you, wonderwall. I was never upset by that scene (in either incarnation). I guess one of the reasons why is because, even though what happened in the mansion was for Slade's benefit, I 100% believed Oliver when he told Felicity he loved her. No lies detected. I felt like the emotions were real, even if the circumstances weren't. For me, the fact that he wasn't yet ready to own up to the emotions didn't negate them. So I guess I never felt like he was engaged in a ruse or playing with Felicity's emotions, intentionally or unintentionally.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 7

Slade had them bugged, too.  Not just the mansion, but also Felicity's phone...that's how he knew the courier was en route with the cure.  And Oliver knew he was bugging them, so he couldn't tell her about it on the trip over, for fear of Slade overhearing.

I think Felicity quickly got past the deception but I think yeah, there was a moment of pain when what she thought was real was yanked out from under her.  The "Love You" and the "Do you understand" might have come back to back vey quickly, but she had enough time to process the "He took the wrong one" and know that Oliver was saying he loved her only for that to be taken away but still leaving her wondering.   

I think it took the "we both did" before the sting and embarrassment of that moment faded completely. 

Edited by BkWurm1

I'm with you, wonderwall. I was never upset by that scene (in either incarnation). I guess one of the reasons why is because, even though what happened in the mansion was for Slade's benefit, I 100% believed Oliver when he told Felicity he loved her. No lies detected. I felt like the emotions were real, even if the circumstances weren't. For me, the fact that he wasn't yet ready to own up to the emotions didn't negate them. So I guess I never felt like he was engaged in a ruse or playing with Felicity's emotions, intentionally or unintentionally.

I never doubted that he meant what he said to her, but IMO (for how I personally feel about how things went down), I'm very glad they took out the kiss, because it's one thing for him to mean what he's saying and for her to be passive in it until he gives her the syringe, but it's another for him to pull off the "ruse" in a way that makes her put herself out there and then allow her think that it might not have been real, which is exactly what he did when he stood there all cryptically and didn't confirm that he meant it but also didn't take it back. 

And AyChihuahua, I could be wrong in assuming the explanation for why he didn't tell her was directed at me. I know why he didn't tell her, I know he thought they were bugged, but I wish he had somehow brought that up when he was talking to her on the island. Not necessary at all, it totally wasn't needed, but *I* would've appreciated something more during their talk on the island instead of that freaking cryptic "I had help," crap.

I think it took the "we both did" before the sting and embarrassment of that moment faded completely. 

Yeah, but it was still patronizing as hell, considering he knew at the time that she wasn't selling anything. It was just, "hey don't be embarrassed because you were totally fooled!" haha

My comment wasn't directed at anyone.  I am simply comfortable that he didn't tell her ahead of time, because he was worried Slade would hear, and that he had to be pretty convincing to be sure Slade would come after her.

Ah, I see. Sorry, I thought it was me because I had mentioned that in one of my earlier comments!

I feel like we could 'argue' about this till the end of time and still not reach to an agreement :p I think both points of views are valid. I hope the show revisits that moment again so we get more clarity on that situation but I won't hold my breath. 

Sigh. Rewatching the kiss on loop is bad for my health. They've only shared closed mouth, long pecks. I don't even know what'll happen when they progress further. Jeez.

Oliver is a bit of a donut when it comes to his feelings for Felicity. I also would've appreciated more talk on the island, but I think the point was to leave it open ended. Like AK said the looks on their faces told a story, even though Felicity should've raged on him (just a little for me). The deleted scene also makes things a little clearer, how better to fool someone by kissing them like you want to.

I actually think (now) it's a little cool how...understanding Felicity was. She's very good at reading a situation and she read him like a book on the island.

• Love 1

I don't think she did.  I think she was hoping but when he didn't take the bait, she backed away with her dignity intact.

She never really knew how he felt about her till their last scene.  Even during her talk with Ray, she was thinking Oliver regretted kissing her.  Treating everything as if nothing had happened at the start of Corto Maltese was her way of trying to get everything back to before the s2 finale days 

Slade had them bugged, too.  Not just the mansion, but also Felicity's phone...that's how he knew the courier was en route with the cure.  And Oliver knew he was bugging them, so he couldn't tell her about it on the trip over, for fear of Slade overhearing.

He had the phone bugged but that only works if they're talking on it, doesn't it?  You can ping a phone but that only tells you it's location, not what the people around it are saying,  He could have told her on the trip over. .

I don't think she did.  I think she was hoping but when he didn't take the bait, she backed away with her dignity intact.

She never really knew how he felt about her till their last scene.  Even during her talk with Ray, she was thinking Oliver regretted kissing her.  Treating everything as if nothing had happened at the start of Corto Maltese was her way of trying to get everything back to before the s2 finale days 

He had the phone bugged but that only works if they're talking on it, doesn't it?  You can ping a phone but that only tells you it's location, not what the people around it are saying,  He could have told her on the trip over. .

Yeah, she was even surprised when Oliver asked her on a date. Even though he was ambiguous on the island, I don't think she ever even let herself think that he could be serious, even after a summer full of flirting and face touching and whatever in the hell they were doing that I will forever be bitter that we didn't get to see.

I'm guessing Oliver didn't tell her on the way over because he was worried that Slade might've had them bugged in some other way that he didn't know about? There was no way to guarantee they were 100% safe, so in order to be 100% sure that Slade was in the dark, he kept Felicity in the dark, too. Why he didn't just write it out on a napkin or something, who knows. Maybe he was worried Slade bought a supersonic satellite or something, haha.

• Love 1

I think Oliver didn't tell her on the way over because he was hoping he wouldn't have to do the Unthinkable.  Maybe he could keep Felicity safe at the Queen Manor while he saved the city and then Laurel himself. He can be delusionally naive like that.  Then when she said she wanted to be "unsafe" with him, he decided to risk it all / trust her to be a full partner.

Yeah, forever bitter that we didn't get to see the summer.  Or the wine. Or Sara over the summer. Or everything else that Guggenheim thinks we will be satisfied if it's in the 2.5 comics.

• Love 4

He had the phone bugged but that only works if they're talking on it, doesn't it?  You can ping a phone but that only tells you it's location, not what the people around it are saying,  He could have told her on the trip over. .

Once he figured out Slade had bugged Felicity's phone and pretty much the entire mansion, it would make sense that he'd worry about what other ways they'd been bugged that they hadn't figured out yet.  To me, it makes perfect sense that he didn't tell her because he didn't want to take any chances.  

Regarding misogyny or sexism or male chauvinism, I think it's a matter of which definition you use (just try Googling the terms and you can come up with an array of deifnitions).  Also, it's not just Arrow but other TV shows as well.  For example, look at how many female characters have died on NCIS as compared to the number of male characters - Caitlin Todd, Jenny Shepard, Paula Cassidy, Michele Lee, Vance's wife, and even Gibbs' wife Shannon.

I'm still skeptical about what the EPs are doing and saying.  For all we know, that O/F kiss in Ep. 3.01 will be the pinnacle of their relationship this season.

I really think that the EPs believe Laurel's popularity will do a 180 once she becomes the Black Canary and is kicking ass out in the field.  So to their minds, there's a boatload of difference between the Laurel trilogy in Season 2 and the one in Season 3.

I wish someone would ask MG the following;

• Would you ever consider giving Felicity a cloaking device that turns her invisible, like the one used by Lego Felicity in the Arrow DLC videogame?
  • Did no one consider the impracticality of the new Black Canary costume, with all those buckles and fingerless gloves that can leave fingerprints?
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
danielledlfs asked:

Hello Marc, I have a question about your job, not Arrow itself. When you write an episode, how do you know how many time a scene takes with precision ? I hope I m clear ^^'

As a general rule, one page script translates to one minute of screen time.  It’s not an exact science, however.  Our script supervisor actually reads the script with a stopwatch to try to provide a guesstimate of how long each scene will be.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

Based on the non-spoilery picture of the production office wall.

Maybe the photos were put on the wall in the order in which the actors were cast on the show?

DR was in the pilot, so he was cast ahead of CH. EBR showed up in 103, way ahead of CH.

I don't really know the reason for the order, could be something as stupid as when they aquired pictures to frame. I just like everything organized, so my first thought was credits (nope), alphabet (nope) age (nope).

It's more curiosity to me then anything else. is there a logic like with the script revisions?

Edited by Morrigan2575

Regarding misogyny or sexism or male chauvinism, I think it's a matter of which definition you use (just try Googling the terms and you can come up with an array of deifnitions).  Also, it's not just Arrow but other TV shows as well.  For example, look at how many female characters have died on NCIS as compared to the number of male characters - Caitlin Todd, Jenny Shepard, Paula Cassidy, Michele Lee, Vance's wife, and even Gibbs' wife Shannon.

Gibbs third wife, Diane, just got killed last week. 

I decided that the almost all male panel at TCA wasn't so out of line after all when all of the nominations for Best Actor and Actress in the Oscars went to white folks.

Did no one consider the impracticality of the new Black Canary costume, with all those buckles and fingerless gloves that can leave fingerprints?

I think he would say that the cloak of invisibility is too superpower and Arrow is a show grounded in reality (yeah, right) but I really wish someone would ask him about that costume.

Taking Laurel's popularity to the Laurel thread.

• Love 1

Emily, Colton and David celebrating Jesse L Martin's (Joe on The Flash) birthday.

tumblr_niel94Xpqy1sm7yx0o1_500.png

Has anyone asked Marc about the change in the title of Felicity's episode from "Oracle" (as announced at SDCC) to "Secret Origin"? I did a quick search of his Tumblr and Twitter feeds but didn't see anything.

I asked him about it! I've actually asked him like 5 questions which he hasn't answered. I actually made a tumblr account just to ask him questions lol. You can try asking him though. Maybe I'm just phrasing the question incorrectly.

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 2