Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

SA posted on Facebook that Princess Margaret Cancer Centre is offering a set visit and lunch with him: https://pm.vonality.com/Listing/Details/1031379

It's up to $5,000 now.  I wonder if his mother was treated at Princess Margaret and that's why he's doing this.

3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I was looking at pics from the park and it's a really lovely location, the whole park looks great. I'm kind of surprised they haven't already filmed there. 

It's a busy place, kind of like Central Park, I think.  It may be too busy for regular filming.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

It's so pretty and picturesque that unless there are filming restrictions that would get in the way, I can't see why they wouldn't want to film there.  

I did a little digging, and Arrow did film at Brockton Point. It was a scene from 311.  Unfortunately it was a nightshoot and didn't really take advantage of the scenery.

39 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

I can't believe I'm going to do this so soon after everybody called truce on the other thing, but . . . 

I disagree!  I think it's fabulous and funny and appropriate for their vanity wine brand/club and its membership of die-hard SA fans.  But, I also do not drink wine, so I have no concept of appropriate wine bottle label artwork.  

It kind of falls into a "so bad it's good" category.  

19 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I did a little digging, and Arrow did film at Brockton Point. It was a scene from 311.  Unfortunately it was a nightshoot and didn't really take advantage of the scenery.

Ha!  Olicity will have a bench in a place that Ray filmed a scene.  

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's a busy place, kind of like Central Park, I think.  It may be too busy for regular filming.

Maybe? Several productions film in Central Park. Vancouver seems to be pretty flexible with filming permits - one of the main reasons so many productions are filming there, even if certain productions (LOOKING AT YOU BERLANTI) are perhaps not taking as much advantage of this as they could.

I'm completely on board with this idea just because it will not be the same park bench that kept reappearing in Supergirl, Arrow and Flash this past season.  I'd be equally on board if this were a Raylicity bench.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, EmeraldArcher said:

I can't believe I'm going to do this so soon after everybody called truce on the other thing, but . . . 

I disagree!  I think it's fabulous and funny and appropriate for their vanity wine brand/club and its membership of die-hard SA fans.  But, I also do not drink wine, so I have no concept of appropriate wine bottle label artwork.  

I can't unsee it but, SA's head looks like a big toe in that photo LOL

• Love 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, Trisha said:

In other news, here's the video where Willa says "there's no show with a happy-go-lucky Oliver Queen!" It bums be out that she sounds sad about Thea.

Transcription of this video...
On what relationships they'd like to see on the show:
KL: "Nyssa and Felicity." 
RG: "I saw Rene trying to get with Thea -" 
WH: "No!" 
RG: "Rene was trying to go down that street -"
WH: "She was always going, 'Never!' Thea's weird. She will never actually find love. I feel like - well, that's just the nature of the show. C'mon! Stephen's never actually going to be like... I mean, Stephen is [unintelligible word] I mean, Oliver Queen. There's no show with a happy-go-lucky Oliver Queen. We tried that in Season 4. It didn't work."
DR: "I think they will... Oliver's changing." 
WH: "And then something will happen. [unintelligible word] will never be happy. We won't. We can't."
JH: "Dinah's waiting for Curtis and Rene. So."
RG: "Hah! Hah!"
DR: "To me, like, the show actually looks like, you know - it's going to be Wild Dog and Captain Lance romance."
WH: "I'd watch that."
DR: "You guys are looking like, right now."
WH: "There's some bam-shugga-wowing in the mayor's closet... Tie's gonna be flying off, guys. Pride weekend. Woh!"
RG: "Naked bike rides. Important. Rene and Lance."

And here's another video from the Arrow panel...

On most surprising thing they read in Arrow scripts:
KL: "Aaand you're marrying Oliver. [unintelligible word] say what?"
Mod: "I can guarantee that was our reaction too."
WH: "I think, for me, it was any of the three or four times I've been dead. Like, cool, great, and the next script comes out and I'm not in it, and I'm like, 'Am I out of a job?'"
Mod: "You and Sara Lance. I swear, every other -"
WH: "I've been dead so many times, I'm like Jesus right now... Kill me, see me tomorrow... Your dreams."

ETA: tv echo - I had trouble understanding their words sometimes, so there may be errors in the above transcriptions.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Those mini Felicity pictures just put a smile on my face.    It reminds me when I took my oldest to see Iron man in person.  I will never forget the look on his face.  I lived with Iron man for good 2 years after that. 

Sounds to me like WH wasn't slamming Olicity as some reported but, simply commenting (griping) on how the writers treat romance/drama on the show.

To be honest, her answer is no different than Joss Wheden who repeatedly said "A Happy Buffy is a Boring Buffy". Given how much AJK/MG have talked about Buffy and Angel (shows) being an inspiration I wouldn't be surprised to find out that her comments reflect stuff the EPs have said BTS.

WH: Will Thea find love and happiness this season? 

MG/WM: Nah, a Happy Well Adjusted Thea will be boring. We're going to give her a new LI but her Blood Lust will act up and she'll try to kill the guy. Then she goes off to "find herself"

WH: Wait. Didn't Thea leave last year to go "find herself"?

MG/WH: ummm....yeah but...

• Love 7
(edited)

SA hates his beard (he grew it for Code 8 and for off-season hiatus). He also thanked everyone who attended HVFF-Portland and gave a "special shoutout to my new friend Cassie and to little Mini Felicity" (rest has to do with Code 8, which SA wraps up shooting on July 7)...

Stephen Amell was live.
19 hrs · 
Code8.com -- Things are happening. Ask us some questions.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

WH: "She was always going, 'Never!' Thea's weird. She will never actually find love. I feel like - well, that's just the nature of the show. C'mon! Stephen's never actually going to be like... I mean, Stephen is [unintelligible word] I mean, Oliver Queen. There's no show with a happy-go-lucky Oliver Queen. We tried that in Season 4. It didn't work."

UUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHH -- This frustrates me so much. It Did Work. You know what didn't work? Screwing up the relationship with BMD. Oliver was not happy-go-lucky during BMD, and them doubling down on it and then claiming that the happy, stable period of the relationship was the problem irks me to no end. And does not ease my concerns about the directions the show will take the relationship in the future.

• Love 22

This fan video from HVFF-Portland includes a short snippet (at around 2:10 mark) of the start of the Arrow panel with DR, JH, WH, KL and RG entering the stage, and then DR answering a fan question...

Fan: "When is Oliver going to start listening to John, man?" 
DR: "He won't." 
WH: "Never." 
DR: "He won't. He won't listen to his sister. He won't listen to John." 
WH: "He only listens to his damn self." 
DR: "Exactly."

Heroes & Villains and Walker Stalker Fan Fest PDX 2017
Published on Jun 26, 2017, by chahawj

What WH said doesn't sound that negative,based on the tweets it sounded worse imo.I get what she's saying and it's true,I doubt the show will just have Oliver happy with nothing at least trying to ruin it.But I don't agree that they tried happy Oliver and it just didn't work so that's that.Clearly they didn't plan for it to work in season 4 because it was too soon,Oliver wasn't developed enough yet and it's just basically TV law that a couple can't get together for the first time and stay together,that rarely happens.While I doubt Oliver will be allowed to always be happy,I don't think whatever tries to ruin it will have to be relationship related.I do think after a big break up that lasted so long,they're more likely to leave olicity stable and a happy thing in their lives or to at least not have whatever angst will happen be something that will break them up.

• Love 5

Yeah, they probably do think that an Oliver without major problems is a boring Oliver but I hope that future problems will be with other issues, not with Olicity. Tbh, there isn't that much time left on the show, two seasons if we're lucky, maybe three,  Not enough time to mess with Olicity and then get them back together properly to end the show IMO.

• Love 2
(edited)

I loved s4a Oliver. I'll take him over s5 Oliver any damn day. That guy was an unlikeable asshole to the point where I was Team Prometheus. I don't want that guy again. 

I do understand what WH was saying though. These writers are so incompetent. They seem unable to write drama without destroying everything and having Oliver regress and forced to learn the same lessons over and over. It must be frustrating as an actor to see the same thing happening every season. I know I feel that way as a viewer a lot of the time.

Edited by Guest

What's wrong with the Blue Jays? Don't follow baseball btw 

I haven't nor plan to vote but I'm amuse to see Olicity/Felicity fans voting simply for the las name haha.

I wouldn't vote for a guy unless he deserved it, and in this case, I think Justin Smoak deserves it. He went from being a bench guy his whole career to starter this season and having good stats to boot. And I don't like the KC Royals, whose first baseman is in the lead right now. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

What's wrong with the Blue Jays? Don't follow baseball btw 

I haven't nor plan to vote but I'm amuse to see Olicity/Felicity fans voting simply for the las name haha.

I'm a Yankees fan, Blue Jays are in our Division. I hate the Blue Jays, Red Sox and occasionally the Mets.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

It would piss me off more if he didn't deserve it. I really hated this stuff when the All-Star Game determined home field advantage for the World Series. Now that it doesn't matter anymore, vote away Felicity fans. Vote away.

• Love 1

If the Blue Jays were smart, they would reach out to Emily (or ask Stephen to be a conduit) and have her do a #SmoakTheVote video with Justin. And I say that as a Yankees fan who would be willing to throw a few votes his way if he does this :P

(edited)
2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

If the Blue Jays were smart, they would reach out to Emily (or ask Stephen to be a conduit) and have her do a #SmoakTheVote video with Justin. And I say that as a Yankees fan who would be willing to throw a few votes his way if he does this :P

They did, kind of. Well, not the reaching out to Emily part, but they enlisted Stephen. He thinks Smoak has a cool last name ;)

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

They did post a video of Stephen giving his reasons to vote for Judtin Smoak and the first reason Stephen gave was the last name haha.

That being said they'd probably have to pay money to Emily to do that cause I have a feeling she's like me and doesn't follow sport not have any interest so not sure she'd do out of the good of her heart haha.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Cleanqueen said:

WOW he's tall, how is he gonna play an 11/12 year old next year?

He could still pass for 12 in the above photo but what about over the summer? Kids going to keep having growth spurts.  Are they just going to say puberty hits the Queens young?

I for one am glad he doesn't seem to have a Twitter account.  Twitter can bring out the worst in people, and I'd hate to see that toward a kid (even if I don't like the character he plays)

• Love 6

IIRC, when he first appeared someone created a fake account. After his dad found out - he saw some tweets to Anna Hopkins -he took to Twitter to make sure people knew it wasn't his son.  He said his son didn't have one.

Funny compilation of video clips where SA and Jared/Jensen (Supernatural) joke about and prank each other...

J2 and Stephen Amell
Published on Jun 29, 2017, by Supernatural Conventions

• Love 3

JS, WH and EK are now listed as guests for Dragon Con (joining PB and JB)...

Dragon Con, September 1-4, 2017 (Atlanta, GA)
Josh Segarra, Willa Holland, Echo Kellum, Paul Blackthorne and John Barrowman (also Benjamin Percy, GA comics writer, and Clay & Susan Griffith, authors of The Flash: The Haunting of Barry Allen and Arrow: Generation of Vipers)
http://www.dragoncon.org/?q=guests