Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I do, too - I think SA's spotlight panel will be packed.  I'm very curious if it will be clear if it's a pro Sara as BC crowd or lean more towards Laurel as BC. Maybe it won't be apparent.

Same with the Arrow 2.5 panel - I hope someone asks MG and Geoff Johns about it all.

Throwing Sara at a garbage dumpster is pretty much telling people Laurel's the BC deal with it. I'm guessing more people will just be resigned to that fact and move on (even if they still don't like it). 

However for me Arrow lasted 2 seasons and that was it.

I do, too - I think SA's spotlight panel will be packed.  I'm very curious if it will be clear if it's a pro Sara as BC crowd or lean more towards Laurel as BC. Maybe it won't be apparent.

Same with the Arrow 2.5 panel - I hope someone asks MG and Geoff Johns about it all.

Sadly, my bitterness isn't worth the money it would cost to buy the 4 Day pass or Sunday ticket off of stubhub. Although if the price drops and i can get the ticket conveniently...LOL

Edited by Morrigan2575

I haven't even checked StubHub - but a few friends got their tickets through there and were unhappy about the prices.  The multi day ones were sold out (in the midst of network errors) within hours of posting them online. Crazy!

I know of at least 1 friend who plans to go to the Arrow 2.5 panel on Sunday. I'm pretty sure she'll be tweeting what she learns from it.

Yes, please tweet that.  Tweet any and all snarky responses because these EPs just. don't. get. it.

Tweeted it!

I love most of the other responses. They also upset the LGBT community by killing her off. Sara was the first canonically queer super hero shown on tv. And the fridged her for the straight character.

Now I feel for Caity having to do SDCC after probably filming her funeral scenes. 

• Love 2

Did CL already shoot her death scene when she attended SDCC with the Arrow cast? I remember I found it odd that she was being treated like a main cast member at the con although she was just a guest star and now it has become even more odd to me. What was that supposed to be about? Was it supposed to be a final chance for her to soak in the love from the Arrow fanbase/media? Or did they bring her along to make sure that nobody becomes suspicious about Sara's fate?

Edited by shadow2008
  • Love 1

I'm kinda annoyed she died, but I thought it was a given she was going to die eventually. It's not really the biggest surprise. She seemed like a character was made to die. 

Also Caity Lotz had already filmed her death scenes before she went to comic-con so everybody knew about her death and were just keeping it a secret.  

Edited by ban1o

lol that won't bring her back to life though so what's the point? 

Maybe it let's them know they aren't nearly as clever as they think they are.  Probably not, but feedback is always good.  It's a way for us to know how we are doing, and here I believe they have utterly failed.

• Love 1

Did CL already shoot her death scene when she attended SDCC with the Arrow cast? I remember I found it odd that she was being treated like a main cast member although she was just a guest star and now it has become even more odd to me. What was that supposed to be about? Was it supposed to be a final chance for her to soak in the love from the Arrow fanbase/media?

Yes, they had already started filming 302 when SDCC happened.  

f

Maybe it let's them know they aren't nearly as clever as they think they are.  Probably not, but feedback is always good.  It's a way for us to know how we are doing, and here I believe they have utterly failed.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the season premiere )thought it was boring and they relied to much on the "shocking" ending to drive hype for season. Also I am annoyed they brought Sara back just to kill her off. But I think in general a lot of people were predicting she was going to die eventually. It is unfortunate that they made Sara LGBT instead of another character though since they just killed of one of the only 2 queer character. 

• Love 1

The EP's should hear negative feedback for their stupid decisions. Especially when they think they were being clever. Having someone be murdered to make someone else a hero. Yeah, that's NEVER been done before. 

• Love 1

lol Colin Donnell tweeted this:

"Laurel Lance, always trying to save the world". People tend to say to her don't they? #Arrow

And it just gave me the strangest-bitter-psycho laugh. 

• Love 3

lol Colin Donnell tweeted this:

"Laurel Lance, always trying to save the world". People tend to say to her don't they? #Arrow

And then they die.

Also when has Laurel ever saved the world to warrant people saying that to her all time? 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

lol that won't bring her back to life though so what's the point? 

It's called fan feedback. If you don't like something, and the creators of it have opened an avenue for you to express that, then you should do it. Otherwise, what's the point of them having twitter? So they can just receive praise and asskissing? Well, I know that's what the creators of another show (*cough*Castle*cough*) seemed to think twitter was for, and got completely butthurt whenever anyone was less than complimentary.

I'm not watching the show any more anyway (already wasn't before this episode aired), but I liked Sara, and I feel for fans who feel they've been suckered, and they now have to choose to either put up with Laurel being forced down their throats, or give up on a show they still care about.

• Love 6
It's called fan feedback. If you don't like something, and the creators of it have opened an avenue for you to express that, then you should do it. Otherwise, what's the point of them having twitter? So they can just receive praise and asskissing?

More to the point, he's the one that put it out there.  Not my problem if he's not getting the feedback he expected and instead of fans playing along and going ooh can't wait for the mystery reveal you're sooooo awesome!!!!1! they're being snarky and pointing out what we all know/believe.

• Love 1

This thread is about Social Media in Arrow, and many of these more recents posts would be much, much happier in the bitterness thread.

Also, we don't encourage wars on other social media sites.  We certainly don't encourage them here.

• Love 1
MY REACTION TO THIS  [picture of Sara dead and bleeding with caption "Whoever did this to her is going to suffer" ]  IS THIS [slade cradling a dead Shado]   
Now that Sara is gone... Shado died for nothing afterall.  :(

The second part is off to the right beside her name.

Shado did die for nothing. So did Sara.  I hate how this show throws good characters away for too little reason.  Let Slade get his psychotic pain and Laurel her motivation somewhere else.

LOL at Brandon Routh's wife feeling the Olicity date.

Edited by statsgirl

I love that the actors are calling out the writers for their dumb decisions in a way that doesn't sound ungrateful but just giving their thoughts. Especially the writers claim that killing the characters opens up storylines. When characters have more storylines alive than dead, if you are writing them correctly and killing off character to give motivations to other characters is not creative, it's lazy. 

• Love 3

I don't know what it was really about but is was serious Karma that  #ThatwasStupid tag that was trending in those screencaps and now it will always be referring to the end of the episode for me.

• Love 5

I have to agree with Celina. And honestly, the fact that three female characters have been brutally murdered, all within a year, makes me wonder if these writers even like women. It's not even shock value anymore. It's just disturbing :(

• Love 12

Katie Cassidy probably doing a fitting for a mask.

I used to think the writers would wait until the end of the season to put Laurel in full costume, but now I'm getting the sinking feeling that she might already be suiting up whenever they're doing their second BOP episode.

tumblr_nd90hvVh5b1r6ukgfo1_500.jpg

Katie Cassidy probably doing a fitting for a mask. IDK about you guys, but I like it just as it is. LMAO

I think the mask fitting was done sometime back because they have shot first 8 episodes so far. I bet she has been dying to share this photo of hers and was waiting for the episode to air. Gawd, not only is she a bad actor, she is a horrible person.

[Katie Cassidy probably doing a fitting for a mask.

Would they do a full head cast for that though? Surely not unless it's a full cowl sort of mask ala Batman. Maybe it's for an action figure or something.

I think Arsenal/Roy's cast is laying down on the rack behind her and if it was for DC I would think it would be done at their facility not in an Arrow trailer.

I don't think that's an Arrow trailer - the shelf below Arrow looks like it might have Flash written on it.

• Love 1

I don't think that's an Arrow trailer - the shelf below Arrow looks like it might have Flash written on it.

it looks like the top shelf to her left, the one with the white masks (which are laying on their "back") is the arrow shelf, the left side mask clearly says: Stephen Amell (Arrow).

the shelf beneath it with the upper body cast, is probably the flash