Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Yes, Laurel's transition into a super hero was handed to her on a silver platter over her sister's corpse.  

Laurel started training after she was already going out in the field how is that working for it? No one goes into a house on fire to put it out then decided they should learn how to be a Firefighter.

Also how are fingerless gloves a nod to fishnet leggings? 

• Love 4
(edited)

I was so hoping Atwood would be asked to do Oliver's new costume. Mani is hit or miss. Both Roy's and Laurel's look ridiculous, IMO. Thea's looks OK. Sara's Canary costume looked great, even with the heaving bosom (her White Canary costume on the other hand is awful. It's the same design but the color looks odd and they added a filmy cover over her breasts). 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 2

I just can't get over that they think without the mask and holsters, Laurel would look perfectly normal walking down the street in that outfit. On fetish night, perhaps. I do like how they feminized Roy's getup for Thea. I'm cautiously optimistic for Oliver's new look.

• Love 6
(edited)

I love that everyone's commentary is about their costumes, but she had to throw in that Laurel totally deserves hers! Haha.

Yep, hyping up Laurel has begun…again. It's so blatant here. 

Speaking of costumes though, I know a lot of fans want the Arrow costume to be sleeveless like the comics but I just don't think it would work. Also, isn't it freezing most of the time where they film? That won't be pleasant for SA. 

And I'm still not over Laurel's fingerless gloves. Just no! I've accepted the buckles but the gloves have got to go. It's so dumb.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

I really don't see how they can make Oliver's costume all that much different.  It has to be green, it has to be full body.  Does it have to have the hood?  They can't do a Robin Hood cap, I don't think.  Maybe more of a mask?  But people like seeing SA's face.  There just aren't that many options to change it drastically.

• Love 2

Roy and Laurel's costumes seem almost military to me with the harshness of them. I'm going to assume they will take Oliver's in that direction. Clutter is up with useless belts and buckles.

They promised no sleeveless costume, right? I swear I remember someone saying that. They could do the peaked hood thing, I guess? It kinda bums me out that Oliver won't be wearing Yao Fei/Shado's hood anymore, but I guess it's good that he's moving on psychologically from the island.

(edited)

I remember SA commenting that it better not be sleeveless (or something to that effect), but I haven't seen anyone confirm it wouldn't be. If they have, then thank god.

Edited by apinknightmare

The buckles are SUCH a terrible idea.  Hello, glinting!  It's totally awesome when you're sneaking up on the bad guys in the dark and then your million buckles glint off their flashlights or whatever and you light up like a frigging Christmas tree.

I can't really see Oliver new costume being that different. As other said the only think they can do is make it look similar to Laurel and Thea/Roy's costume with a bunch of buckles and stitchings. 

James Bamford will be directing 4x07:

Stephen Amell ‏@amellywood  30m30 minutes ago
Everyone congratulate @JamesBamford!! He'll be making his directorial debut for #Arrow in Episode 4.07 -- WELL DESERVED!!!
  • Love 6

I'd like to think SA has the sense to veto buckles and excessive lacing.

I'm hoping the new suit just means they're going the more practical route and making it out of something that's not leather. I liked the old suit just fine, but I have to think that it was a bitch to clean.

• Love 1

I really don't see how they can make Oliver's costume all that much different.  It has to be green, it has to be full body.  Does it have to have the hood?  They can't do a Robin Hood cap, I don't think.  Maybe more of a mask?  But people like seeing SA's face.  There just aren't that many options to change it drastically.

I think it will be a different material with the hood gone, keeping the mask but nope to the jaunty hat.  As long as they don't replace the mask with sunglasses. 

Part of me wonders if his new suit will start as something cobbled together out of his existing wardrobe...so yeah, I fear the sunglasses.  Man there looked stupid on Smallville.  I once lost my regular glasses (in the days predating my contacts) and so wore my sunglasses at night...yeah, they are not suited for vigilante work. 

(edited)

MG is back answering fan questions at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

(I've put his Arrow 2.5/3.5 and Vixen responses in the Green Arrow In Comics thread) ...

amellthirst asked:
Thanks for the response, pal! We are sad there are no bloopers. How about bloopers of the fern and it's Lazarus pit journey?

LOL.  I have all the daillies from that shoot…
crystalchaoticninja asked:
Hey Marc,quick question.Who bought that Porsche in the finale,OLiver or Felicity?

I think it was a rental.
iloveyouallthemore asked:
Hi! I just wanted to apologize for any bad apples on here that give you grief about anything. Please know how much we appreciate you and all you bring to this amazing show! Thank you so so much! Have a nice night/day!

Thank you!  It’s all good!
amellthirst asked:
If Billy Joel asked for s4 spoilers would you tell him all about it?

Yes
fight--for--now asked:
You mad cause I called gig Guggie that one time? It's an endearing nickname!

I love that nickname
allonsythornraxx asked:
Are you enjoying the hiatus?

I had two and a half glorious weeks.
elizajanelewisgirl asked:
Ok, I'm pretty sure you won't answer this, but third times the charm? ;) When you wrote in 3x14 that Oliver saw Felicity while he was back in Starling City, how did you envision that impacting their first meeting? Or is that up to the viewer?

It’s up to the viewer.
bookolicitynessa asked:
Every character has its own qualities. My question is what are the 3 character qualities (in the Arrowverse) that you would like to have?

Abs x 3
snufflesandfluff asked:
do you know how oliver was rescued from the island?

Yes.  And you would as well if you watched the pilot.  :)
thelockpickingvictorian asked:
Hi Marc! I guess you might have been asked this before, but back in 1x03, there was a bottle of prescription medication on Felicity's desk. Do you happen to know (or remember) why? Or do you have a theory? Thank you!

I honestly don’t remember it.  I think she stole my Xanax.
Edited by tv echo
(edited)
zomparellina73 asked:

Marc you do not believe that it is time to give us some small spoilers such as three adjectives to define the title of the premiere? C'mon you can do It .. :)

Right now, the only adjective that comes to mind is “expensive.”

fivecentsless asked:

Think we'll ever see how Oliver and Laurel first met?

They were kids.  I’m not sure if we’ll shoot that.

gintoki79 asked:

Is it true Manu Bennett is done with the Arrow? I hope not :(

That’s up to Manu.

contradictionprinciple asked:

Hey marc, now we know the title of the flash's 2x01, how about you tell us what's arrow's 4x01 title?

Maybe at SDCC…

queenllkc asked:

Random.... Do you have an arrow cast group msg on your phone?

I don’t actually.

olicityknowingyou asked:

Marc ,can you reblog Olicity post from Mtv Tumblr account? It means a lot for us :)

I’d be happy to.  If I could figure out Tumblr…

ogteamarrow asked:

What does Digg say when Oliver and Felicity return in 4x01?

“How was your hiatus?”

ohsnapizchristina asked:

Was it plan to have Moira bring up that she shot Oliver in her final episode ?

No.

athenaagron asked:

Hi Marc, I'm curious. You mentioned in an interview before the S3 finale that you wrote two lines that you think were your best bet for getting into Entertainment Weekly's quotes page. Which ones were they? I've three guesses: Barry's "hot tub" mention, him thanking Felicity for outing him to the "super villain" or Felicity's "If I could figure out how to get this thing off, I would be kissing you right now." Thanks!

Actually, one made it!  It was Lance’s “The City’s under attack.  Must be May.”  I forget the other one.  :)

Edited by tv echo

I think it will be a different material with the hood gone, keeping the mask but nope to the jaunty hat. As long as they don't replace the mask with sunglasses.

Part of me wonders if his new suit will start as something cobbled together out of his existing wardrobe...so yeah, I fear the sunglasses. Man there looked stupid on Smallville. I once lost my regular glasses (in the days predating my contacts) and so wore my sunglasses at night...yeah, they are not suited for vigilante work.

I had to do that when I was younger for about a month! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

• Love 1

Never watched Buffy, so didn't know it was stolen. But it was funny either way - especially with PB's delivery. I love when they give him dry humor like that. I hope it continues to s4, with more lines like that - perhaps more original this time.

• Love 3

Re: "it must be May", I'm choosing to think it was an homage. Plus I don't think Arrow is the first to steal that line - I think I've heard it elsewhere. 

Buffy (I'm paraphrasing): Dawn's in trouble, it must be Tuesday.

Re: "it must be May", I'm choosing to think it was an homage. Plus I don't think Arrow is the first to steal that line - I think I've heard it elsewhere. 

It's been around for a while I remember seeing an old british movie form like the 70's call "If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium".

• Love 1

Never watched Buffy, so didn't know it was stolen. But it was funny either way - especially with PB's delivery. I love when they give him dry humor like that. I hope it continues to s4, with more lines like that - perhaps more original this time.

It's kinda a riff on Buffy. BTVS aired on Tuesday nights for its entire run. So occasionally in show when something crazy occurred Buffy would comment on the fact. Example: "ugh Dawn's in trouble...must be Tuesday".

I don't think it's really stealing. It's definitely not original. But it's a fun meta joke that I always enjoy.

• Love 2

Keto Shimizu was one of the two writers on last week's episode, "Guilty".  I made it through about ten minutes before I gave up on the episode.  I'm gradually learning which Arrow writers I enjoy and which I don't.

• Love 2

Buffy (I'm paraphrasing): Dawn's in trouble, it must be Tuesday.

Sorry for being unclear. I am aware it's from Buffy, I was saying that they were deliberately riffing on the Buffy dialogue, as an homage. Arrow is also not the first place I've come across this particular riff before. 

(edited)

DR and JB were at Montreal Comicon this July 4th weekend...

David Ramsey @ MTL Comiccon 2015
Published on Jul 4, 2015, by Mtlcomiccon

John Barrowman's Entrance (Montreal Comic Con 2015)
Published on Jul 5, 2015, by Alexandra Victoria

11665373_10153135210541888_2744755365137

More JB pics: https://fr-ca.facebook.com/MontrealComiccon/posts/10153135211306888

"It's beautiful here in Montreal. I've been through the airport I've never really explored the city. It's fantastic," David Ramsey, who plays John Diggle on the CW superhero show Arrow, told CJAD 800.

Thousands play pretend at Montreal Comiccon
Posted on 7/4/2015 11:24:00 PM by Andrew Brennan
http://www.cjad.com/cjad-news/2015/07/04/thousands-play-pretend-at-montreal-comiccon

Edited by tv echo

Charming . . .

sb330Fx.jpg

GWf7H7p.jpg

But then I came across this exchange . . .

wSCpzWj.jpg

7oWBG2W.jpg

And apparently, SA was true to his word and actually got in touch with this fan when he was in Toronto for the Blue Jays game last week (BringerOfRain20 is Josh Donaldson) . . .

tP6PaCY.jpg

I've worked with a lot of celebs over the years and in my experience, no one can compare to SA when it comes to how well he treats his fans.

• Love 4

I wondered if he contacted that guy when he went to the Jays game, and I'm glad to see that he did. He really is very good to his fans. 

He also really needs to learn how to ignore tweets like the first one. 

• Love 6

Sorry but that was a dick comment and unnecessary more on him then the fan even if he/she was wrong in tagging SA.

Sorry he gets no brownie points for the kid in the wheelchair for obvious reasons.

Heads up - Dragon Con 2015 is shaping up to have a big Arrow presence, with SA, DR, KC and JB (and RA) all scheduled to attend...

Dragon Con, September 4-7, 2015 (Atlanta, GA)

http://dragoncon.org/?q=featured_list

Pretty sure the entire cast was already announced as attending.

To be fair though. That girl is lying when she said she liked Stephan. She's the same girl I got in to it wit on tumblr because she's a huge Laurel fan. She hates Oliver and Stephen and fast forwards all his scenes because he's a terrible actor.

Stephen might have been a bit unprofessional but I'd probably do the same thing.

• Love 4
(edited)

Yeah, but he doesn't know that she's lying, unless he took the time took at her accounts. He saw someone talking shit about him and responded. He's an off-the-cuff guy, which does entertain me, but nothing good is ever going to come from responding to those people (and it does make him look bad). If he's gonna do anything, he should favorite those tweets, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare

He might know about her personal preferences. I know that he has responded before to tweets that he wasn't tagged on and liked posts on FB that were buried pretty deep on his page. IMO he seems like the type to sit there in his free time, reading what people say about him.

• Love 1
(edited)

He might know about her personal preferences. I know that he has responded before to tweets that he wasn't tagged on and liked posts on FB that were buried pretty deep on his page. IMO he seems like the type to sit there in his free time, reading what people say about him.

I know that on twitter, people who have verified accounts get an @ reply when just their name is mentioned, so I don't think much of him responding to tweets where he isn't tagged, but I just think it's a bad idea to respond to people who are obviously trying to get under your skin.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2