Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I just have this image in my head of Emily, Caity and Stephen just hanging around reading Arrow fanfic and that amuses me to no end.

I didn't realize that Oliver/Diggle were a common slash couple though.

• Love 1

I just have this image in my head of Emily, Caity and Stephen just hanging around reading Arrow fanfic and that amuses me to no end.

I didn't realize that Oliver/Diggle were a common slash couple though.

they aren't, at least not that I've seen. Oliver/Slade and Oliver/Barry seem to be the most common. However, I've seen a few Oliver/Malcolm fics pop up recently and there's a few Oliver/Tommy or Oliver/Felicity/Tommy fanfics out there (Smoaking Billionaires). I've also seen a few Oliver/Felicity/Diggle fics but not many Oliver/Diggle, perhaps they were big in S1?

I have a question: SA's friend that he has the wine company (is it a company?) with, is he his manager or something of that sorts? Because they seem to travel everywhere together and I was just wondering because he'd have to have a lot of time off to go to all these places with SA. 

(edited)

Brandon did do the salmon ladder but he only learnt the day before, managed three rungs, felt quite pleased, went to bed, woke up one big ache. He did just about manage to do enough for the filming but wants another go (when he's a little less tired).

His head canon about Felicity rescuing Oliver is that Ray was driving the suit, as Oliver did for the fight scene. Or, Felicity is just a super genius who can do anything :)

Someone asked if he'd seen the recent Superman film & what he thought? He has and thought Henry Cavill did a good job with "what he was given". Shade thrown well and truly.

The Atom suit makes a clip-clop noise when he walks in it.

Edited by Tallis
  • Love 4
(edited)

Stephen and David now on stage with pints of Guinness. Now seems to officially be a thing. Totally contradicting his "I know nothing" from earlier, Stephen says that he believes the season starts with Oliver and Felicity in a "relatively domesticated state". He expects this to last at least 20 minutes.

Jason Momoa just crashed the panel with (two more) pints of Guinness.

Someone asked about a musical ep and what song would Oliver & Dig do?: Stephen: No. David: Ebony & Ivory. Then sings it. Then Stephen joins in.

Edited by Tallis
  • Love 3
(edited)

Some tweets from today's panel with Stephen Amell and David Ramsey --

Stephen: "Oliver and Felicity will definitely be together and probably start the season in a fairly domesticated state."

+ Amell: S4 will find Olicity in a "relatively domesticated state" that will last at least 20 mins...

when did oliver realise he was in love with felicity? "in episode 2x06...that was a passive admission of his feelings."

+"When did Oliver realise he was in love with Felicity?" SA: "I think 2x06, when he gets her 'Because of the life I lead..."

#thecityofheroes Amell: taking off felicity glasses was also my idea. Non scripted. It just felt right

Amell on Diggle stepping up to superhero status: "Get the man a costume and put him in the field!"

+ "We have the best untapped DC superhero sat right next to me. Give him a costume and get him in the field" - Stephen

+ "I think we've got the best but most underused hero in the universe sitting with me, right now." Amell on Diggle

Next year is all about family: Felicity's dad (HIVE), Diggle's brother (HIVE), Connor

What Disney character would you be? Amell would be Ursula, Ramsey would be Bugs Bunny.

SA & DR - DR fav scene with EBR when he taught her to fight. SA fav scene with EBR was the goodbye scene b4 he went to fight Ras 1st time

#thecityofheroes pick 1 scene that sums up your bromance: Amell: I like the scene at beginning of s3 when you call me out on felicity love

david- he [oliver] needed diggle. he needed felicity...i'm expecting we'll get to that, the core team, next season

would felicity be around if diggle wasn't? Amell: don't think so, she wouldn't be able to put up with Oliver

SA & DR panel - SA's whole life revolves around being a cool dad

"we went to vegas. it was awesome." stephen on diggle's bachelor party

+ Amell: Diggle DID have a stag. They went to Vegas. It was awesome.

+ Why didn't diggle have a stag do? What would Oliver arrange? amell: dinner. private dinner. Then he'd realise he's not rich

Fan: who would win in an arm wrestle, David or SA?
David: Felicity
#teamarrow

(DR said this, then SA agreed.)

Stephen and David also sang Ebony and Ivory, and harmonized Happy Birthday together.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 12

I really wish the panel was on tape; it seemed like a lot of fun based off of twitter. 

Loved all the Team Arrow appreciation (Please get these three to a Con. With alcohol). SA calling out Diggle not being included in the Fight Club and just generally being a Superhero is awesome. 

Were they tipsy with all those gifts from Jason? LOL

• Love 4

I'm so pumped for Diggle and Felicity to get big storys next season. Since the Agnst is being toned down, Olicity angst SHOULD be from Her dad and Connor not each other and they get through it together and it makes them stronger. Pumped for Dig to get his H.I.V.E story

• Love 2

This is the second time I've seen BR in a Raygun shirt. I love Raygun, and I'm not even from Iowa. If only Ray had worn Raygun shirts, maybe I could have liked him.

Thanks for all the write ups of the con! I'm cautiously (very cautiously) optimistic for next year. 

• Love 3

Sounds like SA and DR are throwing a decent amount of shade at S3. I approve.

And BR pretty much just likes the stuff having to do with Ray. Shocker.

In defense of Brandon Routh, he's quite serious and has a dry sense of humor which doesn't really quote well. He was likeable but not particularly memorable.

• Love 2

In defense of Brandon Routh, he's quite serious and has a dry sense of humor which doesn't really quote well. He was likeable but not particularly memorable.

I remember when I saw BR back in September, and he really is rather likeable. He's nice and humble, and yeah he doesn't quote that well, but IMO there's really no difference between him saying he liked S3 because of Ray, and CL liking S2 because her character was alive. They both liked the season they were in. 

He also knows that his characters aren't the best (and not well received by the fandom) and are usually just an obstacle and he does the best with what he can. You can't make people like your character but you can try to make them like you as an actor. 

• Love 10

Emily and Colton are in Greece together.

Dangit! I was in Santorini, Corfu and Mykonos last month. I clearly should have planned my vacation around the City of Heroes con (with no less than three SA panels plus DR and Jason Momoa!?) and swung through Birmingham before heading east. :-(

Here's a brief vid of two of his top 5 movies of all time. It'd be nice to see him do a rom-com after this past season---as long as he doesn't fall into the Matthew McConaughey/Hugh Grant rom-com rut.

https://twitter.com/_sana02sugar/status/600192195367411714

Emily and Colton were in Mykonos yesterday. Apparently Stephen is gonna vacation in Europe also (Nice/Spain).

Wait WHAT??? SA is going on vacations IN SPAIN??? Doesn´t he have to continue shooting for TMNT2 in NY now?

I live in Madrid, and I´m still crying like sh*t ´cause I couldn´t go to Birmingham (due to lots of work - no money) :-(

And now there would be a chance of meeting SA IN SPAIN?!

Sorry, this was a sleep-deprivation-overdrive-reaction of a silly fanboy... But sinceriously, if you (or whoever) happen to have any more information about SA´s whereabouts, I´d appreciate hearing from you.

BTW 1,000,000 thanks to Tallis and others for their updates on the Birmingham events!!! XXXOOO

As much as it was a pity not being able to go myself, I really enjoyed getting at least some bits of information via our "live reporters on set" :-)

(edited)

Few last bits. This guy https://mobile.twitter.com/ItsJamezWithAZ/tweetsworks at the (now notorious) Cock Inn and met what appears to have been pretty much the entire CoH guest roster. If you read back on his timeline, he's geeking out on the LoT trailer a few days earlier and then comes in to work on Friday to find he just missed Stephen Amell:( Luckily he came back next day with all the others.

Stephen, David & David Zayas all served me wine last night! The party was incredibly crowded & I don't think I'd ever do it again but it was fun. Stephen was very much out and about, talking to people, David also lovely and friendly (although I think he left after an hour or so). Acoustics were not the best for announcements - Stephen sort of addressed the crowd from the balcony and you really could not make out a lot of what he said (multiple 'Barrowman' mentions came through loud and clear though). Jason Momoa said he would've come if he'd known about it before but he'd already made other arrangements. There was a long queue to get in & it took around an hour to get inside - Stephen walked down the queue talking to people and apologising for how long we had to wait.

Edited by Tallis
  • Love 4
(edited)

More tweets and pics from the Rogue Events City of Heroes posted by fans (I believe I've successfully avoided duplicating anything that's already been posted above (but if not , oops))...

https://twitter.com/annesmart

https://twitter.com/ah_maa_zing

https://twitter.com/agirlandhershow

https://twitter.com/sarahmufc93

-- Amell on Clark Kent or Bruce Wayne arriving in Arrow: "never say never" #thecityofheroes
-- It was not scripted for Oliver to grab Felicity's face or take off her glasses. Thought you'd like that Olicity fans #thecityofheroes
-- Amell on Olicity kissing: "Grabbing the face is my move, ask my wife." #thecityofheroes
-- When did Oliver realise he was in love with Felicity? Ramsey: "when Diggle told him" #thecityofheroes
-- This panel has christened Eddie and Felicity as #SmoakyThawne. Rick approves. Pass it on. @EmilyBett @RickCosnett #thecityofheroes
-- Rick Consett, asked about his fave moment on #flarrow: he loved working with Felicity, and would love to have some kind of action with her.
-- How did Ray feel about being used and abused by Felicity? Routh: "He's a better person because of their relationship"  #thecityofheroes
-- Lotz: "I do want some superpowers and I feel like I should get them." She also wants a long coat. #thecityofheroes #DCLegendsOfTomorrow
-- Amell has signed onto an animated movie that he can't tell us about. #thecityofheroes
-- Candice on Emily: "She's a wonderful friend, actress, woman. She's a girl's girl...she doesn't get jealous of other women." #thecityofheroes
-- Some days, @amellywood and @david_ramsey end up just staring at @ColtonLHaynes's face, he's THAT good-looking. #thecityofheroes
-- "Clearly Diggle is an #Olicity fan. Clearly." - @david_ramsey at #thecityofheroes
-- David talks about feeling Hal Jordan's presence on Arrow and The Flash wants to know where the big guns are #thecityofheroes
-- David "The audience and us the cast fell in love with Emily. She lights up the screen" #thecityofheroes
-- Fan asked Stephen if he could rename any character non comic what would he choose. David said "if you say black driver.." #thecityofheroes

SA does the Arrow intro at the City of Heroes:
https://instagram.com/p/2vLmeeH_6x/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
(edited)
Amber @smoakwinchester  ·  May 17

#thecityofheroes Amell: I'm excited too see how Oliver takes having Sara back

I want to see that too. That's 3 times he's seen her die and come back again. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5
(edited)

Well Emily tends to pass on most cons anyways, she's a fairly pass on the publicity kind of person. I think she's probably super shy.

I think Colton has done a few cons recently, but I don't know if he's been "in" it. He's seemed to really been enjoying his summer europe trip and honestly I'm not sure I believe the whole story about his contract, it sounds like a PR spin and even if he loved his job, which it's clear he did, it might not be fun to spend your summer answering questions about a show you're not a part of/were dismissed from.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 3
(edited)

Aren't Emily, Colton & Willa doing a con at some point in France this summer?

EBR, DR, CH and WH (as well as Rick Cosnett) are scheduled for the Super Heroes Con in Paris, France, on June 6-7.  It'll be interesting to see Rick and Emily at the same con, given the tweets about Eddie and Felicity.  In any event, I really hope that there's video of this con.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Emily tweeted to watch The Flash tonight and some people asked her why she don't promote her own show? They said things like they adore her but why don't she give Arrow any support when its on lol. I know she ain't the only cast member who doesn't though

(edited)

O.K. I have to correct my previous post: It seems that only Cassandra & Mavi Amell are on holidays in France...

see a nice pic of the two ladies here https://instagram.com/p/23DsmVSKeU/

(BTW, I don´t know how to embed Instagram or Twitter pics. Can anybody help?)

... while Stephen Amell is back to work in NY!

see his recent pic with a fan here:

his comment: "If you're wandering the streets of NYC carrying a Sinceriously hoodie,

we can almost certainly snap a photo!"

11017541_856145327804069_686089907223599

Edited by Kordi

Now I feel like a creepy internet stalker, but I'm fairly certain that woman in the picture with SA is the same woman in a picture with Paul Blackthorne at the upfronts.  

No?

11329768_369085929969235_260042235553681

• Love 3
(edited)

Emily tweeted to watch The Flash tonight and some people asked her why she don't promote her own show? They said things like they adore her but why don't she give Arrow any support when its on lol. I know she ain't the only cast member who doesn't though

I've seen those tweets. To be fair, the posters weren't just asking her to promote her own show but herself, which Emily very, very rarely does. Even when she had a Felicity-centric episode, she was tweeting more about Mama Smoak. I follow her on Twitter and she really does more to promote Arrow (when she's not the focus) and other shows such as The Flash and, last year, Tomorrow People.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1
(edited)

^^^ Yeah, definitely, @Kymmi! You are right! So... does that mean that her meeting SA on the streets of NYC was not a coincidence after all? Did she look for him? IDK, but it seems that this lady does a lot (like buying T-shirts and wearing them where the celebrities can see her) in order to get in touch with her TV heros?

Edited by Kordi