Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Emily is also nominated for best dramatic female lead performance for Arrow, Left Behind (3.10).

The Flash, Going Rogue is Best Guest Performance in a Drama.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1

How does the LeoAwards work? Why was she in the Lead Category instead of the Supporting? Is it because she is Canadian that she is bumped to Lead?

Also, SA wasn't nominated :-(

(edited)

How does the LeoAwards work? Why was she in the Lead Category instead of the Supporting? 

You have to be in 50% of the program to be considered a lead (per the Leo rules and regulations), and I guess she met that requirement? 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

How does the LeoAwards work? Why was she in the Lead Category instead of the Supporting? Is it because she is Canadian that she is bumped to Lead?

Also, SA wasn't nominated :-(

No clue how they work except I think they have to be filmed in or actors from British Columbia.  I think whether EBR is considered lead or support depends on perception.

• Love 1

You have to be in 50% of the program to be considered a lead (per the Leo rules and regulations), and I guess she met that requirement? 

Program as in episode? 

Either way, I'm happy for her. She was nominated last year as well. The episode listed then was Three Ghosts, I would say the performance in Left Behind was better. 

(edited)

Program as in episode? 

I don't know, the wording is strange. The way it reads makes it seem like leads have to be in all of the episodes with at least 50% total screen time, unless I'm reading this incorrectly. It's been a long day. Unless series = TV show and program = movie, and you can be considered a lead as long as you're in every episode? 

There is no limit to the number of Performance categories that can be entered. All Entrants in the Lead categories must be in at least 50% of the Program and all of the episodes of a Series being entered for consideration. All Entrants in the Supporting categories must appear in at least 30% of the Program or 50% of all episodes of a Series being entered for consideration.

Edited by apinknightmare

That was so sweet.  He really seems like a stand-up guy in real life. And his face when he was talking about his own mom and her cancer battles, it was all soft and loving.

I"m glad EBR was nominated because Arrow really seemed to get shut out of this year's Leo's.  The Flash is nominated for best series, but not Arrow. (IMO for all iits problems  Continuum is nominated twice in stunt coordination and Arrow was shut out.  Even Stephen Amell didn't get a nomination this season.

Motive and Continuum seem to be the big winners, just like last year. I wonder if there is a resentment of US shows that film in B.C..

• Love 1
(edited)

Down And Nerdy's "An Interview with Arrow's Katrina Law: Daughter of the Demon" (go here for audio link):
https://soundcloud.com/down-and-nerdy-podcast/an-interview-with-arrows-katrina-law-daughter-of-the-demon

Down And Nerdy  ‏@downandnerdy757
Hear our interview with @Misskatrinalaw from @CW_Arrow!
Stream: https://soundcloud.com/down-and-nerdy-podcast/an-interview-with-arrows-katrina-law-daughter-of-the-demon

Download: https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/205019512/download?client_id=a3e059563d7fd3372b49b37f00a00bcf
#Arrow #Nyssa
5:08 PM - 11 May 2015

https://twitter.com/downandnerdy757/status/597916244629684227

-- KL didn't know she was auditioning for Nyssa.  Another name was used for the character.
-- KL did a chemistry read with CL.  She asked if she should play it flirty and if her character was a lesbian.
-- KL also read a scene with Oliver and a random woman.
-- Her favorite scenes to shoot were: Nyssa eating french fries with Laurel, and Nyssa's dinner scene with Ra's.
-- KL liked the opportunity to play a strong woman (one that wasn't talking about a man or crying over a man) and said that Arrow gives a lot of opportunities for strong females.
-- KL talked about fighting with a bow & arrow versus fighting with a sword.  Which she prefers depends on how she feels. She has problems even using a lacrosse stick.
-- When asked about pranks on the set, KL said that the guys joked more.  She also mentioned that, in the scene when Nyssa is in a cage and Laurel approaches her, KC had trouble saying 'Nanda Parbat'; she kept saying 'Nanda Poorbutt', so it took several takes before she got it right, making everyone laugh.
-- KL talked about her charity, KITT Crusaders.
-- KL gave her twitter, instagram and facebook names, so her fans know how to get in touch with her.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

AKA How to Make Ra's al Ghul even less scary.

He looks ready to curl up in front of a fire with a good romance novel and a tub of Haagen dazs.

IKR, he just looks SWEATY and yet LAZY and slow, like he can barely lift this sword. I will never get over the casting fail.

• Love 5

His face looks a little photoshopped too... And his weapon placement is just awkward for a still promotional shot. They are probably going for mid-action but it just isn't working. I've seen better action shots taken by amateur photographers in yearbooks. I know we were talking about LL's a few pages back and had similar reactions. The more I see of these promo pieces from the cage fight, the more I question the PR/promo dept at the network. What they've released this season has all been weak. A lot of FanArt has greatly exceeded their promo pieces. Perhaps they need to get some new talent in that dept. The concept & executions of these promo pieces have been so poor.

• Love 3

They give a poster to a villain who is going to die in the end IMO. Yet they can't give us new promo photos of Diggle and Felicity who have been there since the beginning of season 3. SMH

They aren't going to get posters, they weren't at the Fight Club promo.  All those lameass posters are from that. They didn't do anything new. You should be happy that Diggle and Felicity don't have over photoshoped posters with stupid poses. They are better that that. 

• Love 1

Pronunciation of Nanda Parbat:

nun (sound the word the for D) aaa and per (roll the r slightly) but (soft T, as in toi, toilette and "Tiens!" said Poirot politely.)

She also mentioned that, in the scene when Nyssa is in a cage and Laurel approaches her, KC had trouble saying 'Nanda Parbat'; she kept saying 'Nanda Poorbutt', so it took several takes before she got it right, making everyone laugh.

• Love 1
(edited)

This personal twitter account by someone who works in Arrow Post Production sometimes offers interesting peeks into the making of an episode (I think someone else once posted a tweet from this person):  https://twitter.com/ArrowPostProd

For example, this reply was posted on May 6:

B ‏@brattyb2  May 5

Do most scenes require ADR @ArrowPostProd? #CuriousCat

Arrow Post Prod ‏@ArrowPostProd

@brattyb2 No, we try 2 keep original performance as much as we can. We do ADR if there is no other option or there is a line add or change.

https://twitter.com/ArrowPostProd/status/596055097475338240

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

I actually have neurofibromatosis so seeing that doodle for the charity makes me absurdly happy. And I would bid on it if I wasn't headed to New York today for the Arrow finale screening. (But I might show it to family members and hey- if they bid on it I'm not going to stop them...)

Hey, have fun at the screening. Share some spoilers later, if you can. (Don't, if you might get in trouble). :)

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

I can't comprehend how Arrow releases a promotional photo for their Big Bad/Main Villain of the season TWO DAYS before the finale, but nevermind...

THIS. I was assuming he's going to be toast in tomorrow night's episode, so what's the point of a poster now?  Shouldn't they have done that early on in the season?  If this means they're not killing him...I can't even.

• Love 2

THIS. I was assuming he's going to be toast in tomorrow night's episode, so what's the point of a poster now?  Shouldn't they have done that early on in the season?  If this means they're not killing him...I can't even.

They also released a poster of Arsenal a few weeks back. Arrow promotions this season is totally mind-boggling.

• Love 7

Hey, have fun at the screening. Share some spoilers later, if you can. (Don't, if you might get in trouble). :)

aaaah. Screening was the wrong word choice (it was 1am). There's a group of people going to a bar that has been rented out to watch the finale together. So no early viewing, but I have a small hope that Amell will show up to it.

• Love 4

aaaah. Screening was the wrong word choice (it was 1am). There's a group of people going to a bar that has been rented out to watch the finale together. So no early viewing, but I have a small hope that Amell will show up to it.

Ahhhh, well, have fun just the same :) And I do hope you get to see SA.

• Love 3

KC brings up kissing SA and asking her audience to tell the writers about Laurel and Oliver was during a question of the female friendships of Arrow.

Her talking about SA and O/L came out of nowhere. So odd.

• Love 1

They aren't going to get posters, they weren't at the Fight Club promo. All those lameass posters are from that. They didn't do anything new. You should be happy that Diggle and Felicity don't have over photoshoped posters with stupid poses. They are better that that.

Sorry I wasn't specific. I mean just in general. They don't even give these characters posters at all.

KC brings up kissing SA and asking her audience to tell the writers about Laurel and Oliver was during a question of the female friendships of Arrow.

Her talking about SA and O/L came out of nowhere. So odd.

I don't really mind that she does that. The fact is that she is not like Caity, not a natural at playing a superhero. She wasn't cast for that ability. She was cast to play the LI and they figured they'd be fine with stunt doubles doing the fighting. So, having the LI role taken from her is a way bigger problem for her. She was supposed to be able to handle that herself.

I don't mind when she does things like this because it's her career and I can't really blame people for prioritizing their careers. It won't work, but she kinda has to try. It would've been better if she'd been on board with reconceptualizing the character but it's too late for that.

• Love 5
(edited)

Way way back in this thread somewhere, I said that one of the reasons I enjoy following SA on social media when I avoid most other celebs is that he gets adorably mad at himself when he screws up his grammar, and then he corrects it. And earlier today, he tweeted this:

zV6xCzk.jpg

And I was just waiting for the follow-up, which he delivered:

xiO49NV.jpg

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 12
(edited)

Way way back in this thread somewhere, I said that one of the reasons I enjoy following SA on social media when I avoid most other celebs is that he gets adorably mad at himself when he screws up his grammar, and then he corrects it. And earlier today, he tweeted this:

zV6xCzk.jpg

And I was just waiting for the follow-up, which he delivered:

xiO49NV.jpg

what was the error? English isn't my firs language so I usually just wing it when it comes to punctuation and grammar by what sounds right in my head. I can never tell if someone makes a mistake unless it's glaringly (sp?) obvious.

ETA: never mind caught it; is it the your instead of you're?

Edited by foreverevolving

what was the error? English isn't my firs language so I usually just wing it when it comes to punctuation and grammar by what sounds right in my head. I can never tell if someone makes a mistake unless it's glaringly (sp?) obvious.

Ross7.gif

• Love 9

ETA: never mind caught it; is it the your instead of you're?

Yeah it's that. And it is cute that he cares about that when no one else does these days.

• Love 2