Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Just now, Chaser said:

See I didn't see him as lashing out, I got the impression he was enjoying it. Which is weird.

Oh, I'm just waiting for the numbered tweets tbh. Or maybe a FB post/video. Haha. Dude is so predictable. ?

14 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

And it made such a good impression on people they should totally follow their example, LOL

If they choose to do so. But it's hardly a one time reality star from 10 years ago trying to get her spot in the lime light or work some angle.  Actors talk about personal things all the time.

Edited by Primal Slayer

Brandon Routh's wife just got a recurring role on LOT, maybe they're angling for the same thing? ;)

If I had been there it probably would have made me feel awkward, but I also suffer from second hand embarrassment. And it opens them up even more to the complete asshole section of the fandom as targets now she's "involved". I guess it's a way for her to be involved/paid and do things together on a busy schedule, but a lot of that seemed over share.

7 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I guess it's a way for her to be involved/paid and do things together on a busy schedule, but a lot of that seemed over share.

Personally, the less I know about a celebrity the better. I like David Ramsey's approach - I know absolutely nothing about his personal life apart from cute things he shares about his son and I like it that way. I especially don't want to know much about SA's life, because most of what he shares makes me think less of him. Like the sexual velociraptor thing, or that Coachella story about being proud that he got his wife pregnant so she couldn't go one year, when it was something she really loved doing. Ick. 

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Personally, the less I know about a celebrity the better. I like David Ramsey's approach - I know absolutely nothing about his personal life apart from cute things he shares about his son and I like it that way. I especially don't want to know much about SA's life, because most of what he shares makes me think less of him. Like the sexual velociraptor thing, or that Coachella story about being proud that he got his wife pregnant so she couldn't go one year, when it was something she really loved doing. Ick. 

Oh yeah I totally agree with that. I don't pay any attention to hi social media apart from what's posted here and a lot of it I wish I didn't know. I have no problem with actors being 100% different from their characters but yeah the less you know the better it is a lot of the time.

58 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

The panel is about SA, thats who they went for. They enjoy the actor. If the panel was nothing but marriage I'd maybe understand being upset but from the sounds of it it was maybe 10mins? 

True. It wasn't about his marriage that much at all. I just watched it and assumed it would be a perma-cringe but I actually thought it was one of his better panels. She didn't really moderate at all (he's the one who prompted all the audience questions) and she really only talked when he asked her a question. She only asked him two questions and they were both ones I'd never heard him get asked before (what superhero would he create from scratch, and what new stunt skill does he want to learn). The only time they talked about personal or family stuff was when he brought it up. It certainly wasn't a couples counselling session Iike some twitter ppl are saying. I wonder if they even watched it?

I can't imagine being in that audience and being upset by her behavior (unless you just don't like her and her presence alone is enough to irritate you). She's certainly not my favorite person on social media sometimes, but I was pleasantly surprised here. He actually gave some answers I hadn't heard before instead of his usual spiel. 

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

If they choose to do so. But it's hardly a one time reality star from 10 years ago trying to get her spot in the lime light or work some angle.  Actors talk about personal things all the time.

You didn't get my point..I meant that talking at a panel about details of your personal life makes me think of reality show stars that have that to offer. I think SA has more right now but if he wants to tell us about his favorite body products next time he is free to do so.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby

If SA's intention was to get people talking about everything that's not Arrow related and avoiding questions about things he can't spoil, he's certainly succeeded. 

For me, as someone that just cares about news and insight about Arrow, SA's panels have been devoid of content for a while now. Maybe he can ask his buddy Drew to be a moderator next time.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3
Just now, Belinea said:

He and his wife just had a new baby, so they might not be as available. 

Bring everyone on stage! The more the merrier! 

In all seriousness, from a business POV, it's probably not a bad idea for him to start using his panels to direct attention to his personal ventures while he still has a captive audience.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

Bring everyone on stage! The more the merrier! 

In all seriousness, from a business POV, it's probably not a bad idea for him to start using his panels to direct attention to his personal ventures while he still has a captive audience.

Isn't this already his entire business model though? 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Isn't this already his entire business model though? 

Except for his daughter, everyone seems to be accounted for . Even his mother-in-law. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I knew someone who used to rearrange all the toilet paper rolls so it would sit the correct way (whatever that is) and folded them so they would have the arrow thingy like in hotels! Was fascinating! 

Well if you're going to the effort of fixing the toilet paper (over IS so much better than under) then might as well toss in the fancy flod, lol.

10 hours ago, tv echo said:

I see it in the eyes but he could be a totally different person.  Weirds me out.  Bring back the scruff.

MB panel at Scotland Comic Con on Sep. 24 - warning: second video (audio only) below includes SPOILERS...

Manu Bennett on how he got the role of Deathstroke on the Arrow
Published on Sep 24, 2017, by David Renton

Manu Bennett Panel - MCM Expo Scotland Comic Con 2017 - 24/09/2017 [AUDIO ONLY]
Published on Sep 24, 2017, by epoc252

Edited by tv echo

Next weekend's comic cons (updated with schedules)...

MegaCon Tampa Bay, September 29-October 1, 2017 (Tampa, Florida)
Katie Cassidy, John Barrowman and Alex Kingston
http://megacontampabay.com
Event Schedule (pdf file) 
- JB q&a panel on Sat., Sep. 30, at 3:30pm
- AKingston q&a panel on Sun., Oct. 1, at 12:30pm
- KC q&a panel on Sun., Oct. 1, at 2:00 pm

Paris Manga & Sci-Fi Show 24th Edition, September 30-October 1, 2017
David Nykl
http://www.parismanga.fr
Schedules (in French) - DN is listed as part of the "Stargate Conference"

Edited by tv echo

On the one hand, I liked watching Lance knock out BS again.

On the other hand, we also get that awful "replace me" line again and KC saying she should win a rematch because she's the original even though she's now Black Siren and Black Siren was never BC.

Also, JH talks about a "connection" between the two characters which ... doesn't exist? 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Kymmi said:

I think that's the new Burberry - so jealous of how that looks on her.  Love it.  Who's the woman in the middle?

I'm 99% sure she's a fan. She also has photos with or of OUAT cast.

2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm so impressed!!!! You guys know your coats!!!!

It's pretty easy if you hate your job,  have a smart phone and like clothes.  It's so much harder to find males clothing because it tends to be less distinctive so I can rarely find things for myself to purchase.

Edited by Delphi