Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Soulfire said:

Had to share because this photo's awesome.

bahahaha love this!!!

SA is a good sport! I wonder what he tells his wife at the end of the day!

"Well today I I had to hold up a cardboard cut out of Felicity, on a paddle pop stick, and pretend she was in a photo with me. I also wore a pin with her dead ex on it."

• Love 4

so remember when I said that I wouldn't be surprised if BamBam was promoted to a showrunner.... and was shot down. I know producer is not the same thing but it's definitely a promotion and a bigger say in what happens on the show. I still wouldn't be surprised if this led to more influence and a bigger title as the series progresses.

Personally, I've yet to like what BamBam's influence has done to the show, so my personal opinion on the verdict is still out.

• Love 2

That would be an odd thing to try and build excitement for. 

I was thinking it was series regular contracts but than I thought that would be odd timing because the finale hasn't aired yet. Announcing regulars for S6 now could negate tension.

Honestly Im not sure what this could be at this point. Now my best guest is annoucing guest stars for the S5 finale. 

7 minutes ago, kismet said:

so remember when I said that I wouldn't be surprised if BamBam was promoted to a showrunner.... and was shot down. I know producer is not the same thing but it's definitely a promotion and a bigger say in what happens on the show. I still wouldn't be surprised if this led to more influence and a bigger title as the series progresses.

Personally, I've yet to like what BamBam's influence has done to the show, so my personal opinion on the verdict is still out.

There are 36 Producers on Arrow. It doesn't speak to show influence. It's just a title. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 3

What if the Arrow news is more than just one thing? I mean, they could announce Bam's promotion,

Spoiler

Manu, Taraby, and KC returning for the finale (this isn't confirmed but just incase.)

and that they're ending the show after season 7 (wishful thinking on my part lol). Now after all out specing, watch it be something lame like Mad Puppy being made a reg for next season.

Edited by JJ928
because I am incapable of posting without typos
6 minutes ago, kismet said:

I think the reasoning behind the "no, that's unlikely to happen" regarding Bamford becoming a showrunner is that usually you have to be a writer to be a showrunner. The producer title could mean influence or could mean just a "thank you" for having been with the show since the beginning. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

That would be an odd thing to try and build excitement for. 

I was thinking it was series regular contracts but than I thought that would be odd timing because the finale hasn't aired yet. Announcing regulars for S6 now could negate tension.

Supergirl announced new regulars for S3 so Arrow doing it wouldnt be a shock.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

There are 36 Producers on Arrow. It doesn't speak to show influence. It's just a title.

It's more than just at title. All of those 35 people at one point did something worthy to earn or be given that title. Or like @calliope1975 said its probably just about giving him something more than just money.

5 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I think the reasoning behind the "no, that's unlikely to happen" regarding Bamford becoming a showrunner is that usually you have to be a writer to be a showrunner. The producer title could mean influence or could mean just a "thank you" for having been with the show since the beginning. 

I do remember the conversation. And technically, if I remember correctly being a writer is generally a good qualification for a showrunner to have, but not a prerequisite. Frankly, I don't feel like reliving it. Just wanted to remind people that I called for BamBam getting a promotion. And whether it's just a thank you or an influence boost - it's elevating his status in the Flarrowverse.

• Love 3
Just now, kismet said:

And whether it's just a thank you or an influence boost - it's elevating his status in the Flarrowverse.

It can elevate his status, but then he's on the same level (or even below) as David Nutter who directed the Arrow and Flash pilots and now has executive producer credits (and royalties) for both even though he literally hasn't touched the shows since then. I mean, sure, you can be right about him getting "promoted," but I don't think it's an abrupt thing to be afraid of or ultimately disappointed/upset at TPTB for doing.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 5

I'm neither disappointed, afraid or upset (at least at TPTB). This promotion and a new title for BamBam was predictable months ago.

I just personally don't care for a lot of the things BamBam cares about, so for me him becoming a producer is just a nice heads up that Arrow in s6 may not be the show I want it to be. But even that is not an abrupt discovery, most of s5 has been like that, especially the BamBam episodes.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Supergirl announced new regulars for S3 so Arrow doing it wouldnt be a shock.

I forgot about that. Not out of the ordinary then.

I was curious and looked at twitter to see if anyone liked/RT'd MG and the only one who did was Bam. Lol if that's what it is WOW..how nothing. 

I'm hoping the utter lack of interest in the new bird on social media (Collider and EW both asked for questions for interviews and got crickets) would translate to no more birds, new or old, ever on Arrow (fine, I'll make exceptions for once-a-year crossovers). Same goes for Wild Dong and Curtis. Although the situation with Willa makes me think JH has a better shot of staying despite being a snoozer just because they might want to balance the gender distribution on the show. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
To add Curtis because I find him useless, too

It was interesting that MG try to say that it was hard to bring in Willa for anymore episodes then what she is suddenly, magically, contracted for while when posed to Willa about more episodes she says "it's up to them, cant help it"

• Love 3

There's a huge stretch between a Producer title and Show Runner so I'm not understanding the "I am right" chip.

Peoples opinion about Bamford aside he is the fight and stunt co ordinater for the show, a director for three of Flarrows show and respected by the cast and crew so they gave him a title promotion from a show that is notorious for in house promoting and patting one another on the back. (According to Lexi Alexander anyway)

When he gets a writing credit then I guess we could say he has influence in the direction of the show creatively speaking but until then he's probably going to have the exact same influence on the show as he has now except with a more prestigious title and some back end money.

Time will tell.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

There's a huge stretch between a Producer title and Show Runner so I'm not understanding the "I am right" chip.

Peoples opinion about Bamford aside he is the fight and stunt co ordinater for the show, a director for three of Flarrows show and respected by the cast and crew so they gave him a title promotion from a show that is notorious for in house promoting and patting one another on the back. (According to Lexi Alexander anyway)

When he gets a writing credit then I guess we could say he has influence in the direction of the show creatively speaking but until then he's probably going to have the exact same influence on the show as he has now except with a more prestigious title and some back end money.

Time will tell.

Nobody here is looking for "i am right" chip*. And as my post originally stated, I know there is a difference between a showrunner and a producer. However, TPTB clearly want to reward him and have promoted him from more than just stunt coordinator & director. And I do interpret his rapid upward mobility on the show as giving him more influence. Otherwise, why not just give him more money? They may not always listen to him but i think he has been given a bigger seat at the table. He has become a somebody in the flarrowverse echelon. Shows are creatively influenced by more than just writers & showrunners. I can think of many reasons I originally loved arrow and the majority were completely unrelated to the writers or the showrunners. Writing was never the show's strong suit and their showrunning has always been uneven.

*- wouldn't come here for that anyway.

• Love 4
Just now, statsgirl said:

I wonder why SA hasn't been given a producer credit yet.  He does a lot more for the show than Bam Bam.

First thought that came to my mind too!

All the other guy does is have weird lopsided camera shots!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder why SA hasn't been given a producer credit yet.  He does a lot more for the show than Bam Bam.

I think he may not want one if he doesn't like certain storylines and he can just say "I'm not the writer or the producer" Washes his hands of crappy things

14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I predict that will come in his next contract negotiations. Although I do understand @catrox14's point that perhaps he likes the deniability of certain things. It easier to wash your hands if you are only the actor.

• Love 1

Stephen mentioned at a con last year that he was offered or spoken to about a directing gig but that he felt it was more demanding of his time then he's willing to give as he sees how much work the directors on the show put in- or something along those lines.

So he's probably happy with the status that he has or when he's contract up at the end of next season the network will offer him a Producer title as a sweetener to get him to renew. 

• Love 1

The difficulty with him directing is that the director works full time prepping in the weeks before they actually shoot the episode.  Since SA is doing so much work on the show right now and is in so many scenes,  he couldn't have the time to prep properly. The actors who direct episodes of their shows have two light episodes.

Maybe if at some point Oliver takes a seat a bit further back SA will have time to direct.

Being given a producer's credit is something that many actors get even if they don't do much actual producing.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

It was interesting that MG try to say that it was hard to bring in Willa for anymore episodes then what she is suddenly, magically, contracted for while when posed to Willa about more episodes she says "it's up to them, cant help it"

Wow. So at the con she said the 14 episode bs wasn't up to her?

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

From the tweet that I saw she just said that it wasnt up to her about appearing in more episodes. 

It wouldn't be if they reduced her to 14

• Love 1

Are you certain that MG didn't mean that it was hard to fit Thea into the narrative this season?  As in they couldn't think of a good storyline for her?

Smacks of poor writing, but I think that's how I understand his quote.