Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I think you might have misunderstood me. I don't think they're annoyed people are asking about Olicity/Felicity. The number of Olicity/Felicity questions might explain why there are more responses that included her. But I'm also theorizing that they, specifically SA, heard about complaints to HVCC organizers that a fan panel scheduled last night was less than respectful to the pairing and to Felicity. I can see this being a passive-aggressive way of responding to the people dissing Olicity/Felicity, NOT the people who complained. And like I mentioned above, DR and SA have a pretty good record of bringing up Felicity/Emily at cons A LOT.

Oh, no, I understood you. I was using your post as a starting point - the "the audience is going to be thrilled" part - I might have been clearer, sorry.

• Love 1

If you check the mentions of the Heroes Fan Fest account on Twitter, you'll see the complaints from last night.

I don't have a Twitter account. *shrug* I just hadn't heard anything about it.

Edited by Starfish35

I didn't think the Felicity love was trolling at all. I think DR and SA genuinely love Felicity and EBR and always show support for her when she isn't there. I also think it might have been a little in response to the Arrow fan panel where she got some hate and booing for walking out on Oliver, and the moderators of the panel apparently allowed it to happen. I know a lot of people were not happy about that and ended up walking out, or so I've read.

I just can't imagine SA and DR trolling Felicity fans. At all. 

Edited by Guest

I don't have a Twitter account. *shrug* I just hadn't heard anything about it.

I don't have specific quotes from the panel. Only that Olicity/Felicity were dissed. There were enough complaints that HVCC responded with this:

"We appreciate the feedback about todays panels. Sometimes we explore new personalities & formats & we take your responses to them seriously." (X)

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

look no further, this is WM that killed laurel

Than now I know who to send a huge ass box of chocolates and a bottle of wine to as a Thank You gesture for finally doing what the other EP's have been too chicken to do.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 6

Patti Murin is highly adorable. From her Twitter.

CddXr5NW8AArhDx.jpg

I'm not immune to the charming powers of these two. #HVFF @colindonnell @amelladventures http://ift.tt/1poqFbg

I'm having a terrible moment of I really want to switch Patti's face with Felicity and make a Smoaking Billionaires meme out of it.. I can't help it i'm addicted to that ship.

Edited by foreverevolving

I really, really think SA and DR just legit love Felicity. They have said they couldn't make the show without her for years now, and by all accounts they seem very fond of EBR as well. And then once one person starts to gush, it just kind of sets of a gushing avalanche. 

• Love 13

I think DR and SA genuinely love Felicity and EBR and always show support for her when she isn't there. 

I agree. I think they know TA is a very popular dynamic and helped make the show successful. Since EBR isn't there to answer questions, they might overcompensate because Felicity/EBR/TA is a huge draw and one that fans like to talk and ask questions about. I think it's adorable. 

Patti Murin is highly adorable. From her Twitter.

CddXr5NW8AArhDx.jpg

I'm not immune to the charming powers of these two. #HVFF @colindonnell @amelladventures http://ift.tt/1poqFbg

Thanks to CD linking to Patti's blog, I now love her. She's hilarious, and I want to be her friend. I'm the rando who would have been seeking her out at a con.

• Love 6

I've been slow to catch up, but I'm vindictively gleeful that apparently Felicity got brought up at lot at the "Men of Arrow" panel today. Whether or not it was all genuine admiration doesn't even matter to me. I just liked that their response was "Some people were publicly dissing Felicity? Well guess what? We're just going to keep bringing her up and saying positive things about her. So there!"

A fan panel at a Con is a terrible idea anyway. Negativity is inevitable when you get a bunch of fans together to talk about anything.

• Love 8

Brittany Kaelber ‏@snarky_bee
Next episode - 10 on the heartbreak scale via @amellywood #HVFFChicago #MenofArrow #fakeoutwedding

Sparky ‏@overwatcch

"Mind control. She basically has it already."
@amellywood response to the question if Felicity had a superpower what would it be @EmilyBett

Selected moments from the Women of Arrow panel at HVFF-Chicago on Saturday, Mar. 12 (not full panel)...

HVFF Chicago - The Women of Arrow Panel
Published on Mar 14, 2016, by OlicityIBelieve

Edited by tv echo

Some transcribed portions from the Men of Arrow panel (after watching the above video, so may be errors)...

-- Child fan asked who would win in a fight: Arrow or Ninja Turtles.  After the panel joked around with their answers and discussed the capability of the Turtles, DR said: "But they don't have Felicity Smoak." Audience cheered.

-- Child fan asked who would win on Arrow: girls or boys.  Panel members all picked the girls.

-- Fan asked who they would pick to play their characters in a big screen movie of Green Arrow.  SA wanted Diggle to be played by Stephen Amell. DR wanted Ryan Gosling to play the Arrow. CD wanted Quentin to be played by Clive Owen. DR wanted Curtis to be played by Mos Def.  The audience wanted Tommy to be played by Robbie Amell because he dies a lot. They all agreed that no one could play Damien Darhk other than NM, although PB suggested Anthony Hopkins.

-- PB said that when he was younger, people said he looked like a "young Sean Connery" but now they just say he looks like "Sean Connery" (meaning no longer young).

-- Fan referred to the 416 episode description

and asked, on a scale of 1 to 10, how heartbreaking the 'wedding' is going to be and whether Oliver wrote the vows that are going to be used in that 'wedding.'   SA answered "10" and "sure... I can't tell you."

-- Fan asked what they thought of Felicity's decision at the end of 415 and if they were behind Felicity or whether she should've suggested some couples counseling or something. After someone corrected DR who first said "rolled away" because she actually walked away and EK mentioned the biostimulant, SA said "Thanks for that!" Audience laughed, and EK said "sorry". No one on the panel answered the question.

Then DR said, "they'll get back together and Diggle'll help them." Audience cheered.

-- CD thanked the panel, organizers and audience because it was his first event and said "It was awesome".

-- Fan thanked SA for being the "best on-screen Batman who wasn't Batman."  SA said: "Isn't Batman just Green Arrow without a bow and arrow?"

-- CD said that he's a "giant musical theater nerd" and that he wouldn't have married his wife if not for musical theater.  He also said that Tommy died so that he could "get done with that, go to New York, do Shakespeare in the Park, and start dating and eventually wed that wonderful woman over there." Audience applauded.

-- Fan asked, now that Damien Darhk has lost his magic, how is the dynamic going to change and how are they going to go after him. 

SA said that "things aren't good for Damien Darhl in jail... I'll leave it at that." NM said "not good at all."  SA then said "we have to prosecute him, that's it... gotta get this guy locked away, forever, away from his stuff."  NM then said: "Trust me, Damien comes back... but trust me, Damien gets darker and darker at the end of the season. We won't let you down, trust me."

-- The panel members gave some inspirational advice to a fan from China.  PB said that if you focus more on what you can give (than on getting things), it'll be an enormous help.

-- Fan asked that, now that Oliver & Felicity aren't together, whether we would see Oliver fight for Felicity or whether we would see S3 evil Oliver.

SA replied: "How about option C - Oliver out on the town?" Audience laughed, and DR referenced "Oliver season 1." Then SA said: "Oliver wants to be with Felicity. Uh, Felicity does not want to be with Oliver currently. And I think that Oliver is going to maintain his position like an adult... (audience laughs)... [CD interjects: "like a stubborn adult?"'] ... Like an adult who occasionally stomps his foot on the ground whenever he wants - but an adult nonetheless.  Maybe he'll sucker her into a fake wedding - nevermind, sorry."

-- They sang Happy Birthday to NM and PB, who each got a small birthday cake.

-- Fan asked whether on Earth-2, Felicity and Diggle would end up together. DR got in SA's face and said, "Yeah, what do you think about that?" and SA responded, "I totally agree." DR then said: "Anything can happen on Earth-2.  I mean, Connor Hawke, for god's sakes. Who would've thought that would've happened." SA: "When are you gonna knock Lyla up?" DR: "I know, for Connor Hawke... Is Connor Hawke our child - me and Lyla's?... I don't know. And where's [baby] Sara?"

-- Fan asked that, when they went to the future, why wasn't Oliver's son the Arrow.  SA replied: "That's a great question... It's an alternate time line, right? It's a time line that exists if and when the Legends fail. Right? So we should take everything that exists within that time line at face value. It exists for that episode. And if we want it to change, then you should watch Legends Thursdays at 8, 7 central."

-- Fan asked if Felicity were to be a super villain, what power would she have and why. After DR said that she would be like Cuttler (the Calculator), SA said: "No. Her superpower would be mind control... She would have mind control. She basically has it already." Audience laughed. EK said that she'd be like a Borg.

-- They talked some about fight injuries, mostly SA's injuries. SA said that he pulled a back muscle when doing the salmon ladder and was out for two months.

-- Fan said that he liked the diversity on the show, which he didn't see in S1 being the direction in which they would go, and asked what was their vision for the show in the early days versus what the show's like now. SA replied that Greg Berlanti had a saying, "You have a hit TV show, until you don't" because you have it and then it can go away. SA: "And as well as Arrow is going, we don't take it for granted. We got picked up for a 5th season. We hope there would be a 6th...  And so, to that end, we don't save anything - which is to say, we don't really know what the show is going to be, because we ebb and flow with how it feels on set. So you never really know. Like I used to - there was maybe a vision for the 1st season and, coming in to the second, third, fourth, they talk about key words and stuff like that. And I think, going into the fifth season, the end of Oliver's flashback journey will be ... they will touch on. But as for what is happening in the present day... eh (shrugs) ... happens episode by episode."

-- Fan asked, if they did an '80's montage-type workout on the show, what music would be playing. They brought up various songs and also sang a bit from "She's a Maniac" (from Flashdance). DR said "Gotta Fly Now" (from Rocky). NM said that he listens to White Snake ("Here I go again...") when he's gearing himself up to be Darhk.

-- Fan asked who would win in an arm wrestling contest: David or Stephen. DR said, "Stephen." Then SA said, "Felicity." NM responded, "I knew you were going to say that, I knew it!"  SA then said, "with her mind control". CD said, "this side of the panel just went 'aw, man' ... look at my arms."

-- Fan said he heard that when SA filmed the grave scene, he didn't know who he was grieving for, and asked if that was true. SA replied, "No, it's not true."

-- Fan asked what piece of advice would SA give to Oliver Queen. SA replied: "C'mon, man!" To Darhk, he would say, "C'mon, Damien." To Lance, he would say something like, "I know you're recovering, but should we go get a beer or something?" To Curtis, he can't tell what he would say to him, but said to tune in to upcoming episodes for "some good stuff." 

SA: "Curtis - and Echo, by extension - made myself, David and Paul laugh so hard in an upcoming episode that I don't know if they will be able to use any of our coverage."

To Tommy, he would say, "Come back." And to Diggle, he would say: "Hey, man. Stop looking at Felicity... (Audience laughs) It's gonna become a thing."

• Love 3

So, these con fan interaction things that KC frequently shows up a few hours late for...is she losing out on money?  If so, it completely makes no sense to me that she shows up for the panels, but then disappears when she has the opportunity to pocket some dough.  I thought that the whole reason that actors/actresses do these things is so they can make some extra money.     

• Love 1
-- Child fan asked who would win on Arrow: girls or boys.  Panel members all picked the girls.

Honestly, I would love it if at some point when asked a question like this the men would say, "Boys." Because seriously those guys would snap most of the women like twigs. I know it's comic books and everyone's strong, and yea girl power. But still. These kind of answers feel like pandering to me. [/grumpiness]

Stephen will just say Felicity with her mind control. Just think back to the look she gave Oliver when he was about to tell to do something in the last episode :p Except for John Diggle the men are a mess emotionally. 

But yeah guys are physically more powerful. Like Caity Lotz answered when she was asked how much of the LOT episode 1 Bar scene was her, she said she did most of the stunts but credited the stunt team since in real life no way she could throw a 300 pound man. A lot of that stuff is the acting of the stunt team. 

• Love 3

So, these con fan interaction things that KC frequently shows up a few hours late for...is she losing out on money?  If so, it completely makes no sense to me that she shows up for the panels, but then disappears when she has the opportunity to pocket some dough.  I thought that the whole reason that actors/actresses do these things is so they can make some extra money.

Most people buy photo ops and autographs tickets beforehand so what probably happens is those fans get other actors' autograph or pic first than get hers when she gets there.

I think some also genuinely like meeting fans but yeah, they do it for the money.

Honestly, I would love it if at some point when asked a question like this the men would say, "Boys." Because seriously those guys would snap most of the women like twigs. I know it's comic books and everyone's strong, and yea girl power. But still. These kind of answers feel like pandering to me. [/grumpiness]

With just a little warning, Felicity would easily win. Electronically lock them in the lair and then call a drone strike on that location. Easy peasy.

• Love 11

And some fans can't stay all day and only come to get the stuff from the artist they want to see, take pictures with and get autographs. Their limited time might not be KC's fault but what's the reason for schedules if fans can't decide based on it? KC doesn't seem to be a morning person at all so is almost always late for early fan stuff but she has been late in the afternoon as well. Or so I was told when I said someone should suggest to KC not to schedule morning con stuff. 

• Love 1

GB is mentioned in a visual effects discussion by the EPs of The Shadowhunters...

Visual effects play an important role in the show as well. Not long ago, producer Greg Berlanti - a creative driving force behind a plethora of superhero TV series, among them Supergirl, The Flash and Arrow - commented that always prominent on their mind is the fact that the audience can easily switch the channel from one of his shows to an Avengers or Superman film, and that to some degree they have to feel as though the visual experience isn't all that different - despite the difference of a couple of hundred million dollars.
Decter: Greg Berlanti is absolutely right. His shows reflect an aspiration to look like top movies and that's what we're trying to do, but the way you have to think about it is that a movie can have twelve of those gigantic action sequences in an hour and a half, and we're lucky if we can have two. But our aspiration is for it to look film worthy. It's very easy to look at something and say that special effect looks a little cheesy, because we can't sit there like Michael Bay for two years working in the digital lab on Transformers. That makes that movie so awe-inspiring, because they have maybe a thousand people working on those scenes every moment.
McG: Berlanti is a very dear friend of mine and the best thing that I take from our conversations is, what is the show in the absence of the super powers? How does the show work if you take them all away? that's a bar that you need to hold yourself against at all times as well. Naturally the best version is when the show works in a most stripped down capacity, in the absence of any visual effects whatsoever. In its place true storytelling. But when you incorporate inspired and new and inventive visual effects, wow! Now you're talking about my favorite movies. You're talking about my favorite TV shows.

Shadowhunters: the complete history
Ed Gross  14 Mar 2016
http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/shadowhunters-complete-history/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

I suppose it depends on what the fight is whether the boys or girls would win. Physical? Yeah, the dudes would win. Mental? With Oliver on the team? Nope. 

I'm now picturing a scene in which Digg comes up with this awesome plan to take out the girls, and Oliver's like: "But someone once told me blah blah bullshit philosophy-cakes and therefore we must do this other thing instead" and then the boys all die.

• Love 6

The hat KC wore during the Women of Arrow panel is IMO her passive-aggressive behavior showing how she feels about being in the grave.

I did not even notice the hat. Okay...

I wish someone would ask KC the reason for her lateness. Not during a panel or anything but an autograph session or a photo-op. I'm curious about what she would say.

I wonder how the Talent gets paid of the photo ops an autographs. Do they get paid a flat fee upfront? Or are they paid at the end of the Con, depending on how many they sell or how many the Con has to reimburse for them? 

I think they all get something just for appearing and then a cut of the photo ops/selfies/autographs they sell. At HVFF they each had a volunteer at their booths keeping count of what people were buying.

With just a little warning, Felicity would easily win. Electronically lock them in the lair and then call a drone strike on that location. Easy peasy.

Well, sure. But in a physical fight, I just don't see it. And maybe that's just me making an assumption about what type of fight they were talking about. 

Well, sure. But in a physical fight, I just don't see it. And maybe that's just me making an assumption about what type of fight they were talking about. 

I think if it were Sara + Nyssa + Thea Vs Oliver + Diggle + Roy the fight would be fairly even but I'd lean more towards the girls. 

I think if it were Sara + Nyssa + Thea Vs Oliver + Diggle + Roy the fight would be fairly even but I'd lean more towards the girls. 

Sara, Nyssa and Thea were all trained by a member of the League of Assassins, the deadliest fighting group in the world. My money will be on them all the way.