Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

To be fair, I felt the same way last year with Roy. Digg and Oliver have this; extra masks need not apply. 

Yeah me too. I liked Roy a lot and even grew to enjoy his presence in the lair, but in the field, I felt he was as superfluous to the team as Laurel and Thea.  

I would be more willing to accept the "boots on the ground" reasoning if they would split up to cover more of the city.

Yeah, I honestly wouldn't mind Laurel and Thea handling things while Oliver is otherwise busy. That could actually make them useful. But it feels so redundant to have them fighting next to Oliver. In a huge 223-ish battle at the end of the season? Sure. But sending four masks to handle all these run-of-the-mill villains has been a total fail IMO.

• Love 10

It would be hard to compare them though.  Diggle has been doing military/muscle fighting plus strategy for at least a decade now (three tours of duty + 6 years on show) while Thea has been fighting LoA style for about 18 months.  Different skill sets.  Maybe it would depend on the situation e.g. for one requiring putting together a plan, I'd go with Diggle.

• Love 3

I don't know if this is what was meant, but she mistagged David Ramsey.  She tagged a fan Twitter instead of the real DR.  Just kind of funny.

That's not KC's fault. She probably just sent the post from Instagram to Twitter automatically. But because David hasn't connected his Twitter to his Instagram account, it doesn't work.

• Love 1

That's not KC's fault. She probably just sent the post from Instagram to Twitter automatically. But because David hasn't connected his Twitter to his Instagram account, it doesn't work.

Like I said, no big deal.  Probably made the fan Twitter person's day.

• Love 1

Darn you :p

If CL and EBR go, I'll have to sacrifice said $150 :p 

Assuming they do a similar set up like they did in Santa Fe with the open nature of the convention (one big room with all the vendors, activities, panels and booths fighting for space and attention) and EBR's issues with crowds and anxiety, I doubt you will have to worry about shelling out the cash. 

She went to Walker Stalker Con 2 years ago and it was like that. That's probably when she realized she didn't like that. Although they did section of 3 sides of for the panels. The Wizard World fan fest put the panels all the way in the back away from vendors and activities. Autographs and Photo ops are usually sectioned off as well. So it all depends on the set up

Edited by Sakura12

Hey man, the Blue Line can get you there for much less!

I might have to actually consider going to this one...

*Sigh* I'm not a fan of the blue line :p That means I'd have to go all the way down to the Loop or River West to get on it. I'm so lazy :p

*Sigh* I'm not a fan of the blue line :p That means I'd have to go all the way down to the Loop or River West to get on it. I'm so lazy :p

At the San Jose event, I met a couple who'd flown in from Auckland and others from Chicago and Portland, OR.

The Heroes and Villains Fan Fest is coming to Chicago on March 12 & 13

http://heroesfanfest.com/chicago/

Interesting that it's the weekend right before C2E2. Don't know how many people are going to be able to shell out the money for two con weekends in a row. 

Just checked the "Newark" convention.

CL, DP, DR, JB, KC, PB, RA, SA, Barbara and Alfred from Gotham have signed on.

(Convention is in Secaucus).

The "Chicago" convention is also in Rosemont.

• Love 1

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW LAZY I CAN BE :p

Oh I can give you a run for your money. I was a 15 - 20 minute drive away and had a two-day VIP pass and I spent a grand total of two hours at the con—I attended two panels (SA and the Lances) and made one circuit around the convention floor. We'd originally planned to hang out at the con till the NP party but ended up leaving to do some shopping. I didn't even go back the second day! Then again, at least I went. ;-)

Why, why, why did I go to Twitter? Why, why, why do I still follow MG? What an asshole. Self, love yourself more.

Marc Guggenheim ‏@mguggenheim  2m2 minutes ago
Nobody complained about "regression" when Oliver fell off the no-killing wagon to save Felicity from Count Vertigo.  Interesting.

• Love 1

Why, why, why did I go to Twitter? Why, why, why do I still follow MG? What an asshole. Self, love yourself more.

....that tweet is literally not the same as this regression. Like....first off, that was season 2 and Oliver was saving a life. Second off.....fuck off, MG.

• Love 9

I never followed him on Twitter, but I did follow other Arrow writer/producer accounts and I unfollowed them all. I encourage this. Not in some protest way; just in a "now is not the time I want to see y'all patting yourselves on the back" way.

• Love 1

I never followed him on Twitter, but I did follow other Arrow writer/producer accounts and I unfollowed them all. I encourage this. Not in some protest way; just in a "now is not the time I want to see y'all patting yourselves on the back" way.

I just did. Like you said, not as some grand protest, but because I don't need that kind of stupidity in my life. 

#BreakingUpWithArrow

Seriously, they need to get the point. Even non-shippers could rally behind a protest against a superhero who is:

1. Stupid

2. Liar

3. Manipulative

4. Regressing

Have to agree with this. Oliver is now officially to stupid for me too care about.

• Love 2

Wow. He's a bit touchy about everyone's reaction, isn't he? 

Also how is Oliver saving Felicity's life in the same region as him lying about having a child? In terms of regression, there's no comparison? I seriously don't understand this man sometimes. He's clueless.