Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Laurel/Oliver/Sara was a triangle to start the series though Sara was "dead" and Oliver returned after 5 years. So a love triangle that was 5 years ago.

It's weird because when they say the love triangle that started the series, I immediately think Oliver/Laurel/Tommy because that was the love triangle in s1. I don't even consider L/O/S. I don't even consider that a triangle from s2 because O/L were clearly done.

Also I prefer not to think about the sister swapping because gross.

Edited by Guest

It is an embarrassing thing but Laurel's character has been kind of defined by it and if she is to grow it needs to be dealt with imo. I'm with WM here. I say Get it over and Rarely(never?) talked about again. Start new with Sara and Laurel. And I think Laurel and Sara's roles as Oliver's childhood friends is more the direction the show/Universe should go instead of having them be the exes. 

I never realised there needed to be closure to the S/O/L triangle of doom.

I thought it was that embarrassing cousin you try to ignore.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1

I feel like moving on was exactly what happened in season 3. When Oliver and Laurel look at each other now they see hindrances. Fix the broken relationship between Sara and Laurel? I'm all for it. But the triangle was a consequence of their relationship being broken already.

• Love 2

I think Sara and Oliver had closure with each other. It sounds like Laurel never did if they are rehashing some S2 relationship stuff with Sara and Laurel. And Oliver and Laurel are messy. I guess this is Laurels closure with Oliver.

• Love 4

It kind of feels like season 4 is going to be the season 3 should have been so there will be some over lap but fingers crossed it all turns out better!

I feel like moving on was exactly what happened in season 3. When Oliver and Laurel look at each other now they see hindrances. Fix the broken relationship between Sara and Laurel? I'm all for it. But the triangle was a consequence of their relationship being broken already.

• Love 2

I definitely think Laurel should have had the new love interest this season rather than Thea (because Thea had the whole thing with Roy and I'm more interested in how she deals with life after the LP) but it seems like they want to build/focus more on BC so maybe KC should too.

Man, I try really hard to give KC the benefit of doubt but she makes it hard.

To me that was a total not even passive aggressive dig/wish at Felicity being nothing more than a love interest in th show. KC doesn't seem like an inarticulate person nor is she unintelligent, so I'm left thinking she knows exactly what she is saying.

It's PR for Laurel whether you agree with her or not or like Laurel or not. Better for Laurel to be hated than be irrelevant or ignored.

Eh, her comments about Laurel in an Olicity triangle sound like wishful thinking to me. It's not the first time she's said this and I'm sure we'll hear about it again. Instead WM said that there will be closure to the Sara/Oliver/Laurel triangle, which I didn't realize was an actual thing.

That video is edited. Yesterday a clip was released, the questions about crazy Olicity fangirls, her answer was much longer. "I have my own storyline and stand for independent strong women, she (Emily Bett) can be the character that’s Oliver’s love interest. I'm happy with that." That was her quote after saying she was an Olicity fan. I find this troubling tbh, and I'm not even one of those people who analyze things she says because I really don't care. The clip was taken down yesterday & this is edited, but I'm hoping a new clip comes out.

Someone captured and reposted the clip where she said this: https://twitter.com/OlicitysArrow/status/649019072974319616

All I'll say is that I can't lie/equivocate to save my life because my face gives my feelings away, but then again, I'm not an actor for a living.

• Love 2

What? She was never a thought in Oliver's mind after he realized his feelings for Felicity. There was no triangle.

I'm pretty sure she was not even a thought during any of his romantic encounters even when they were dating and he should have been thinking perhaps I shouldn't be cheating on my girlfriend.

Maybe KC as LL thinks that if his mind (both upper & lower) wandered constantly while he was in an actual relationship with her, there is no way OQ's minds didn't wander even after he accepted his feelings for FS. But if she watched s3, she would see that OQ's mind was pretty firmly set & entrenched on FS. Only time it wandered was when he thought he would die alone because he saw FS with someone else. Even without an actual relationship, OQ mind never wandered from FS. He was monogamous to an imaginary relationship for an entire season. Maybe KC/LL still has a hard time processing that since he was never monogamous to her and almost went out of his way to find ways to stray.

• Love 1

To be fair she's got a point. Laurel is written as a strong independent woman. Every Felicity storyline revolves around a man. But that's the fault of those in charge.

She hasn't got a point, IMO. Felicity can still be a love interest AND a strong independent woman which, IMO, she totally is. You can be both. 

Of course she can, but she's not.

Well that's your opinion. But, IMO, on the show Felicity has always been independent and strong, from the moment we met her. She barely blinked an eye at finding Oliver bleeding in her backseat and did what she needed to do to help him. She joined the team to help save Walter. She repeatedly puts her own safety second - she stayed behind in the Glades during the Undertaking, amongst other things. She stood up to Malcolm Merlyn and held onto her morals and beliefs. She even disagreed with Oliver because it went against what she knew was right. I could go on.

Edited by Guest

But apparently she played a part in the  Felicity/Oliver/Laurel triangle and she would love to revisit it because loved the dynamic! I am just done.

So I watched the clip above. And I've seen some random other clips of KC from public interviews/cons. To me, it seems like she sometimes has trouble separating the reality of BTS politics & show evolution from what is actually being portrayed on the screen.

There was a love triangle between L/O/F, however not in the story or on the screen. The love triangle was in the writers & TPTB's rooms when they chose to move LL out of LI role and move FS into that role. So it is true that a metaphorical triangle did exist, but it never really happened, despite what KC believes or says. The problem is that when KC talks about it, she likes to make it seem like this triangle was a reality on the show. And that is where the pieces fall apart. She needs to somehow separate the off-show reality from the on-show reality. It would go along way I think in making her answers seem less muddled or bitter. And perhaps help with some consistency in her answers from interview to interview.

It makes her seem a little passive-aggressive & bitter the way she throws the LI & love triangles around in interviews. It must be hard for her to accept that the role she was hired for was given to another actress. And I'm sure she wished she could have at least acted out some of her frustrations on the screen. But the writers chose to never write a L/O/F triangle - so now she has to toe the company line and has gotten no closure or emotional release both onscreen and perhaps off-screen.

• Love 2

To be fair she's got a point. Laurel is written as a strong independent woman. Every Felicity storyline revolves around a man. But that's the fault of those in charge.

Every major supporting character's storyline in the show revolves around a man named Oliver Queen. Both Laurel and Felicity have been strong and independent in different ways and at different times as well as both being a love interest for Oliver in the past and present. Being a love interest does not mean one is not also strong and independent. Both those things can and do exist. 

To me, KC's comments were on purpose to bolster Laurel at the expense of Felicity. Maybe KC thinks being a love interest is a less valuable role.  I don't know. YMMV

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

Neither did I. Someone should tell the Arrow writers.

That someone should tell KC too, then, since she keeps insisting that LL is a part of love triangles that she isn't actually in.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 4

Lol wow, well it wasn't as bad I thought it would be. Her wanting a love interest apart from Oliver to help her character grow, hmm not a biggie. Love interests do tend to help characters explore different dynamics and I am sure she knows she is without one for the rest of the year regardless of her reading ahead, so not minding getting one, well perfect time would be for 4b.

Jumping into an Olicity triangle, she may have meant present day instead of meaning past, or maybe she meant the which one will he end up with? Though either way, just stay out of that mess, show doesn't need it, Laurel don't need it, we don't need it. Maybe she wasn't being 100% serious? I'll hope.

But the rest of the panel was fun to watch, for having no sleep she was fun and how nice of her to follow those two guys on twitter. Though she needs to read more Birds of Prey, that's fo sho.

Her other video clip of saying "I can have my own storyline and stand for a strong women and if they want her (felicity) to be Olivers love interest, that is fine with me" I see nothing big about it. Her saying she is fine being on her own apart from Oliver and if they want Felicity to be his love interest, cool. She didn't put Felicity down, didn't say "she can just be a love interest". I'm not seeing the big deal with that one if there is one.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 1

This morning we received two reports about this forum and your posts about each other. Remember the new golden rule here at PTV, be civil. I have hidden several posts that were criticizing the fans/posters here including ones defending yourselves.  

If you want to talk about how KC feels about her character which she has expressed via social media that's fine. If you want to talk about the actual character KC plays do it in her character thread. I know there can be a gray line and I do give you all a lot of leeway. Just be kind to each other even if their opinions on Laurel aren't your opinions on Laurel or Felicity or Diggle or Diggle's abs, which I do have opinions on. 

• Love 3

Lol wow, well it wasn't as bad I thought it would be. Her wanting a love interest apart from Oliver to help her character grow, hmm not a biggie. Love interests do tend to help characters explore different dynamics and I am sure she knows she is without one for the rest of the year regardless of her reading ahead, so not minding getting one, well perfect time would be for 4b.

Jumping into an Olicity triangle, she may have meant present day instead of meaning past, or maybe she meant the which one will he end up with? Though either way, just stay out of that mess, show doesn't need it, Laurel don't need it, we don't need it. Maybe she wasn't being 100% serious? I'll hope.

But the rest of the panel was fun to watch, for having no sleep she was fun and how nice of her to follow those two guys on twitter. Though she needs to read more Birds of Prey, that's fo sho.

Her other video clip of saying "I can have my own storyline and stand for a strong women and if they want her (felicity) to be Olivers love interest, that is fine with me" I see nothing big about it. Her saying she is fine being on her own apart from Oliver and if they want Felicity to be his love interest, cool. She didn't put Felicity down, didn't say "she can just be a love interest". I'm not seeing the big deal with that one if there is one.

If I understand correctly, the love trangle comment was involved in the question of what she wants to see in terms of character growth. I see that as her opinion, not something that is in the cards on the show. I don't see a problem with her mentioning Oliver and Laurel romantically when giving her opinion. Because that's her opinion, it's only when she talks about it in show that I take issue with.

I think her earlier response about Laurel not being Oliver's love interest is the current and future storyline.

I also don't have a problem with her wanting a love interest because I think relationships are so important character growth. But I don't like that she was implying you can't be a strong indepent woman if you are Oliver's love interest. I'm not sure if she meant it as shade. Whenever I read what she says I think its shade, whenever I watch her I think she doesn't consider the implications and is just thinking about Laurel.

New tweet by the CW_Arrow account:

0hsDmbQ.jpg

I don't think it's a new publicity photo, because EBR's hair has been that long in a while, but then did they just have a stash of unused shots just waiting to be unearthed? 

Unpopalur opinion but I think she looks better in blue than in red.

Miss the long hair, she looks fantastic.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

Yeah, it didn't look the same to me either, but if they'd had an earlier photo shoot, I'd think these photos would have been used before now. I mean, they're still pulling their Photoshop hatchet jobs together with photos from S1. Wouldn't they have used this stuff if they had it?

• Love 1

New tweet by the CW_Arrow account:

0hsDmbQ.jpg

I don't think it's a new publicity photo, because EBR's hair has been that long in a while, but then did they just have a stash of unused shots just waiting to be unearthed? 

That's from the S2 photoshoot.  You can tell because they released the picture of KC from S2 on that same staircase and background.

Arrow-02.jpg

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

We haven't really had a Felicity storyline though except her backstory which yes, involved a boyfriend but was about Felicity's growth into who she was when the show started. 

I think they've done a good job of showing that she's strong and independent within the storylines dealing with Oliver and Ray, such as from the beginning when she stood up to Oliver about killing and quit over the single dad right after she joined. I didn't enjoy her propping of Ray but they did show that she was the one to get a lot of the discoveries that made the suit work in the end.  Except at the end in 3x17, being in Ray's storyline didn't detract from Felicity's strength.

The talk about a strong woman not needing a love interest to be strong reminds me of ER in the Carter/Abby/Luka triangle days.  There were some calls for Abby to be single "because a woman doesn't need a love interest and they should have one woman on the show like that" but they were from people who didn't like Abby and wanted her far away from both guys.  Most TV is soap opera and most characters are going to be in relationships, just like people in real life.

I think they need to find a good position for the Black Canary on this new show.  Thea/Speedy is easy to slip into the existing structure, Black Canary isn't.  Then they can figure out storylines for her.

That said, I will be surprised if Laurel doesn't have some sort of love interest by the end of the season (assuming she's still on the show).

For comparison

I like Felicity's dress for this event very, very much more than the one for the dinner with Ray.  Last season's was trendy but didn't seem like something  couture whereas this one is classy (love the jeweled collar and that it's elegant but not form-fitting).

The hair is much better too. This is a woman who fits on Oliver Queen's arm.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

That's from the S2 photoshoot. You can tell because they released the picture of KC from S2 on that same staircase and background.

Arrow-02.jpg

Good catch! I understand why they didn't use that shot of EBR back in season 2. She and KC were dressed so similarly it could have been confusing.

Why they held these back I'm not sure, but I feel this recent promotion (glamous shot and a new photo shoot plus the attention by WM and the media) is a reflection of her new status on Arrow. S3 was her coming out party, S4 is her coronation.

I won't get into billing or contracts, but in my opinion, Arrow isn't being shy about who is the Leading Lady.

That being said - watch them send out a big promo for KC. LOL 

Katana has the best overall outfit for the ladies, but the mask was a little wonky & big.

Sara definitely had the best mask out of the ladies, I'd almost say out of all the masks. I think it is about the texture for me as well.

• Love 2