Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

It makes it seem a bit more...business like then it is. CW actors taking a pic together isn't like she's socializing with Jennifer Lawrence or something.

She's actually friendly with Aisha Tyler (they've been out a few times together since Paley Fest), and she seems friendly with Gina Rodriguez too. The professionals she comes in contact with seem to genuinely like her - I don't think anyone's trying to claim it's more than it is.

• Love 2
(edited)

It makes it seem a bit more...business like then it is. CW actors taking a pic together isn't like she's socializing with Jennifer Lawrence or something.

I've been in business (banking industry) for about 7 years and trust me when I say that networking/making connections isn't always as professional as it seems... Lol I just read that out loud and that sounded so dirty :p Anyways, yeah, networking can also mean making friends and getting along with your peers/colleagues in a similar field of interest. Emily being friendly with Aisha, Gina, other CW actors and some CW higher ups is smart. Emily might not see it that way but it doesn't cancel out the fact that it's smart :) 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

Nice of AA and the TSA to accommodate him, but it probably would have been a lot easier to just put him on a later flight. AA has JFK-LHR flights every 30 - 60 minutes.

jto4CRW.jpg

AbfMTSc.jpg

• Love 1

Not feeling Emily, Willa or Katie's after party outfits. I think I like Caity's.

What is the name of the actor Emily is with? Charles Michael something? He is pretty.

• Love 3

After party outfits for me goes like this:

Caity > Emily (would've been better if the top was white. IDK why) > KC (I'm not a fan of the length of that dress, it looked like she was wearing a speedo in the first image) >>>>> Willa

Wow Willa's outfit is so terrible :/

Lol I just read that out loud and that sounded so dirty :p

How Felicity of you.

I just don't think she did anything special...when the whole event has about 5000 pics like this. 

Katie's breaks the legs or chest rule. It's just not a good look. I agree that Emily's would look better with a white top. She really seems to be a fan of high waisted shorts. I am not. Words can't describe Willa's. Just no.

• Love 2

Don't like any of the four outfits but if I had to pick one to wear myself (if I still had the physique of a 20-year-old) it would be EBR's. Caity's dress looks cheap (as in poorly made), KC's looks like she's trying too hard and Willa's channeling Carol Channing.

• Love 3

How Felicity of you.

I just don't think she did anything special...when the whole event has about 5000 pics like this. 

Of course it isn't special, everyone networks. I'm just saying it's smart considering how new she is in the business. Some people this new to the business seem naive, but Emily seems to be flourishing. It makes me happy and I hope that she has a long career ahead of her. 

Oh and ranking the upfront outfits:

KC > Emily > Willa

(edited)

I loved Emily's whole look at the Upfronts. It had a touch of vintage glamour. I didnt see any pictures of WH or KC.

Idk why I liked KC's outfit, I could've done without the shoulderpads, but I liked it :p But Emily's heels are to die for. I really want to know where she got them.

tumblr_nodb9cE3SQ1tlr77qo1_540.png

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

Thanks! Emily's look is still my fav. I think that is the best I've seen KC look, miles better then the after party. Willa looks like she could rule the Miami Vice scene.

• Love 2

Thanks! Emily's look is still my fav. I think that is the best I've seen KC look, miles better then the after party. Willa looks like she could rule the Miami Vice scene.

Willa's top looks like a metallic gift bag sliced open and slapped around her chest.

(edited)
I don't like EBRs hair in the pic with CL. Looked fantastic this afternoon but not liking it now

I think it's just a weird filter or something that's making her hair look like that. Looks like they're in the car on the way to the party, and her hair looked fine at the party in that pic with Charles Michael Davis. Caity's hair looks a lot fluffier in that pic than it does in other party pictures, too.

Edited by AnyoneButYou

What is the name of the actor Emily is with? Charles Michael something? He is pretty.

He's on The Originals, and he's so handsome. He and EBR would make such a pretty couple.

• Love 1

I think it's hysterical that SA is wearing EBRs jacket and purse in that picture.

I don't like EBRs hair in the pic with CL. Looked fantastic this afternoon but not liking it now

So do I we all know Felicity is the boss in that relationship lol

Idk why I liked KC's outfit, I could've done without the shoulderpads, but I liked it :p But Emily's heels are to die for. I really want to know where she got them. tumblr_nodb9cE3SQ1tlr77qo1_540.png

EBR looks like A boss!! Beautiful

He's on The Originals, and he's so handsome. He and EBR would make such a pretty couple.

They would actually

I looooved Katie and Emily's look for the upfronts. Not here for any of their outfits for the after party.

Also, I think it's sad we didn't get any pics EBR and SA together. I can't say I blame them since fans ship them irl and that must suck for his wife. I just hope that things don't get weird between them because of that. I do remember seeing some fans speculating about them having an affair because of the way Stephen is so enthusiastic about Olicity and how he couldn't stop staring at her in the crossover viewing event. Since then, like at Paleyfest, he has been rather arms length. IRL shipping is the worst!

• Love 7

WH and DR are adorable. I'm loving this relaxed look on DR. EBR, WH and DR are killing the cute factor.

I am disappointed we didn't get any pics with TA or EBR/SA.

Is there something wrong with BR's eye?

I'm disappointed we didn't get any TA or SA/EBR pics as well. The closest thing we got to a SA/EBR pic is the one where he has her jacket around his shoulders and is wearing her purse.

Someone put a muzzle on this guy. Like, what is the point of this? To snap back at Laurel fans? To snap back at Felicity fans? To once again pit these characters and their fans against each other? I can't stand him.

• Love 9

Did he get a question about this? I presume he must be getting flack from someone somewhere. Or, he just has no idea what he's doing. The CW may want to rethink their mandatory Twitter accounts thing.

I don't even understand what he's trying to say. If there are equal amounts of deleted scenes for both characters but Felicity still had the most screen time he's pretty much just saying that they don't write as many scenes for Laurel. But everyone already knew that.

I know there's been outrage from the Laurel fans about her scenes being cut, most recently the airport scene in The Fallen. And I think for season one and two, there has been at least a belief (don't know if it's accurate or not) that Laurel had more deleted scenes than anyone else. I think that's what he's responding to.

• Love 4

What is the final screentime breakdown for the characters?

If the question is why do you cut Laurel's scenes, the correct response is 'scenes can get cut for a variety of reasons, it is not specfic to the character but the story being told.' Leave it at that and don't bring up another characters. It just starts ugliness.

• Love 12

Exactly. He does get a lot of questions about missing (or "missing") Laurel scenes, and he usually responds to those questions in that way, talking about story necessity. So why do this? At the very least, if he was feeling triumphant when he realized there were an equal number of Felicity and Laurel deleted scenes, then just wait until someone asks you about it again and drop that little fact on them. Or count the number of deleted scenes for Dig or another character and prove the same point. I know some Laurel fans still blame Felicity/Olicity for all their woes, but he doesn't need to play into that.

• Love 4

You know what I kind of want to happen for season 4? For Stephen Amell to become an executive producer. I think Stephen has good visions on where his character should go and has already changed some of the decisions for his character. I've also seen Stephen talk highly about other characters and I think season 4 needs someone to help out with the creative content that knows the characters, and actors are always the best examples of this. I know a lot of shows do this with their leads nowadays. I know CW isn't really known for doing this, but if it was anyone, Stephen would be good. I trust Stephen in his decision making for characters from what I've seen and heard from him, and they definitely need to head in a different direction for next season that allows a good balance of drama and light heartedness. I think Stephen would help make the best possible choices and it would give him a raise for all the hard work he's done for this show. I guess it would be a lot of work for him, but they could narrow his position to just helping with the creative content. 

If this show was on USA network, this would already be happening (assuming Stephen's game).  All of the USA shows have lead actors working as producers.  It makes sense, the actors know their characters better than some dude in the producer's chair. 

Final screentime has Oliver the most, then Diggle, then Felicity, then Laurel trails 30 minutes behind which isn't a lot. So IDK why people are all up in arms about Laurel not getting enough screentime. 

(edited)

I know there's been outrage from the Laurel fans about her scenes being cut, most recently the airport scene in The Fallen. And I think for season one and two, there has been at least a belief (don't know if it's accurate or not) that Laurel had more deleted scenes than anyone else. I think that's what he's responding to.

Yeah, he's gotten some somewhat hostile questions on tumblr about deleted Laurel scenes from Laurel/BC fans who perceive that her scenes are cut in favor of more Felicity. Guess this is his response to that - there are *not* more deleted Laurel scenes.  I get he was trying to make a point, but he should just leave it alone and quit stirring up the hornet's nest. I doubt he changed any minds - especially those agenda driven ones. 

While it's cool that they occasionally release script pages for certain scenes, all it does is fuel these types of fan wars.  If he hadn't released the pages, no one would have known Laurel's scenes had been cut for time. 

Edited by catahoulamama
  • Love 1
(edited)

Final screentime has Oliver the most, then Diggle, then Felicity, then Laurel trails 30 minutes behind which isn't a lot. So IDK why people are all up in arms about Laurel not getting enough screentime. 

For Season 3 it's Oliver, Felicity Diggle and then Laurel.  For the Series to date it's Oliver, Diggle, Felicity, Laurel. Which is pretty impressive considering Felicity had minimal screentime in early S1 and missed a few episodes.

http://forgingfire.tumblr.com/post/118920688284/arrow-season-three-screentime-more-301-the

SEASON TOTALS

Oliver: 8hours, 23mins, 24secs

Laurel: 3hours, 9mins, 1secs

Diggle: 3hours, 37mins, 53secs

Thea: 2hours, 19mins, 8secs

Felicity: 4hours, 37mins, 15secs

Roy: 2hours, 37mins, 54secs

Malcolm: 1hour, 36mins, 44secs

Quentin: 59mins, 46secs

SERIES TOTALS (SO FAR)

Oliver: 26hours, 50mins, 54secs

Laurel: 8hours, 29mins, 14secs

Diggle: 9hours, 47mins, 31secs

Thea: 5hours, 39mins, 29secs

Felicity: 9hours, 2mins, 50secs

Roy: 4hours, 40mins, 0secs

Malcolm: 2hours, 34mins, 11secs

Quentin: 4hours, 13mins, 50secs

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6
(edited)

In the case of 3.20, there were promo photos with Laurel & Oliver and the scene was cut. This has happened on a couple of occasions with other characters too. I know there was a Sara/Felicity one in S2.

I wonder how many of Felicity's deleted scenes were with Ray? If there are a lot, it might explain why people were having trouble buying into that relationship.

Edited by Sunshine