Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

I'm supposed to feel sympathy for Michael but instead I just want him to STFU and go sit in time out.

To me it's coming off clear as day that we aren't supposed to feel any sympathy at all for Michael. Now Sonny, we are definitely supposed to feel sympathy for him. And love. And think of him as a hero. Morgan, I can't tell what they want us to feel about him. He's so dumb.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

To me it's coming off clear as day that we aren't supposed to feel any sympathy at all for Michael. Now Sonny, we are definitely supposed to feel sympathy for him. And love. And think of him as a hero. Morgan, I can't tell what they want us to feel about him. He's so dumb.

I don't know about that. Micahel definitely got in a point in today, when Kiki was like, "so, what, you're saying she deserved to die?" and Michael said, "no, I'm saying I know what it feels like to lose a parent" and then he left and had the last word. I mean of course we're supposed to feel all bad for Sonny, but I think we're supposed to feel bad for Michael too, even if we're supposed to think he's gone too far or whatever.

• Love 3

I don't know about that. Micahel definitely got in a point in today, when Kiki was like, "so, what, you're saying she deserved to die?" and Michael said, "no, I'm saying I know what it feels like to lose a parent" and then he left and had the last word. I mean of course we're supposed to feel all bad for Sonny, but I think we're supposed to feel bad for Michael too, even if we're supposed to think he's gone too far or whatever.

I still think Michael needs a POV, though.  He's got virtually no one on his side with whom to share his feelings and thoughts about the entire situation (going back to the triggering event of Sonny murdering fat loser AJ), while poor widdle Sonny is pardoned AND has got the deck stacked in his favor with practically everybody and their mother's dog-walker telling Michael how unreasonable he's being.  Everyone talks amongst themselves about Michael the meanie, but Michael's not confiding in anyone else about them. It's so unbelievably one-sided.  If there was ever a time for Cartini to use Monica/LC in a real and meaningful capacity, this is it -- but they're not, and it makes me want to bang my head against a wall. 

This entire Michael/Sonny/Carly fallout story could and should have been glorious, but that would have required that it be written with nuance.  And Ron would first have to buy a dictionary to look up the definition of "nuance," as he has virtually no idea what the word means.  As it is, he's just letting the AJ Quartermaine Express run right over AJ's son in an attempt to condition the audience that Michael is the big bad who needs to stop whining (and I've seen that it's indeed been successful in parts of the Internet), and poor Sonny's been put upon. It's just terrible and hackneyed writing.  But I refuse to be sucked into it -- the more Ron pushes it, the more I dig my heels in and stay steadfastly on Team Michael.

• Love 9

I still think Michael needs a POV, though.  He's got virtually no one on his side with whom to share his feelings and thoughts about the entire situation (going back to the triggering event of Sonny murdering fat loser AJ), while poor widdle Sonny is pardoned AND has got the deck stacked in his favor with practically everybody and their mother's dog-walker telling Michael how unreasonable he's being.  Everyone talks amongst themselves about Michael the meanie, but Michael's not confiding in anyone else about them. It's so unbelievably one-sided.  

This. This is why it's so clear to me that we're not supposed to feel sorry for Michael and why I'm 100% certain we're not supposed to root for him to get custody. But I don't care what they want us to think, I'm Team Michael!

• Love 2

Michael was quite awesome today, and I speak as a Michael hater. To bad the judge can't know the depth of the clusterfuck Sonny gets the kids in: the time he tried to blow up Johnny and almost did in Kristina, the fact the only reason Claudia wanted Sonny dead was because he kidnapped and tortured Johnny for weeks (hence Michael being in a coma) .

• Love 3

Dude, I hate Ron so much that I'm Team Micheal for life now.

This is what you made me Ronald McShitWriter.

I'm Team Michael, to the extent I care. Which is not much since I hate child custody stories, hate Sonny stories, hate stories where Carly tries to claim she's any kind of mother figure, hate Ric and Alexis at this point and don't want to watch them play lawyer, and could not care less about Ava, Kiki, the baby or anyone else in this story. I can't get past the fact that Sonny got out of jail this easy - even for TFGH it's ridiculous.

I feel bad for Michael and want good things for him. But the show hates the halfway decent characters these days so I'm not holding my breath. Everything else about this story is a big snore.

• Love 5

You know what I'd like, and I'm so sick of the shitpile this show is that I'd hand-wave a bunch: I'd like ALL of this shit and even preceding crap to be a half delusional dream of Robin's and when she wakes up, she is still in the MetroCourt and Alan is still alive. They can all escape again then go from there. It gets rid of a shitload of awful characters and stories in one fell swoop.

Of course, it takes away Joss and Emma, but at this point, I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Oh, yeah, and Liz would be knocked up with Little Jake. Maybe the trauma could have her lose the kid. Beyond that? Quick erase. Oh, and Spencer still exists, too.  :-\  Although he was a baby then, so... At least Courtney was already dead.

But if it stops this crap and loses Ava, Sabrina, Julian, Kiki, Silas, Franco, Nina, and other useless people? It seems like a win, to me.

I put this in the UO section as - I guess - some of these characters can/do have fans. But I'd still like it.

• Love 7

That stupid baby shouldn't even exist. Damn her disgusting pathetic parents for fucking in a crypt.

Knowing how Ron writes, I would bet cash that he flipped a coin to decide who would get knocked up, Ava or Carly, and Ava lost. It's up to you to decide if this is better or worse.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 1

Of course, it takes away Joss and Emma, but at this point, I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Oh, yeah, and Liz would be knocked up with Little Jake. Maybe the trauma could have her lose the kid. Beyond that? Quick erase. Oh, and Spencer still exists, too.  :-\  Although he was a baby then, so... At least Courtney was already dead.

Aiden wouldn't exist, either, not that anyone notices he exists now anyway.

• Love 4

Knowing how Ron writes, I would bet cash that he flipped a coin to decide who would get knocked up, Ava or Carly, and Ava lost. It's up to you to decide if this is better or worse.

It's better for me since I don't want Carly having anymore ties to that bastard.

But if it stops this crap and loses Ava, Sabrina, Julian, Kiki, Silas, Franco, Nina, and other useless people? It seems like a win, to me.

I'm fine with all over Ron's creations (and Franco) being exterminated except Julian and Jordan. I want Sam to have a father (even they they barely interact) and Jordan could be great without Shawn.

• Love 2

You know what I'd like, and I'm so sick of the shitpile this show is that I'd hand-wave a bunch: I'd like ALL of this shit and even preceding crap to be a half delusional dream of Robin's and when she wakes up, she is still in the MetroCourt and Alan is still alive. They can all escape again then go from there. It gets rid of a shitload of awful characters and stories in one fell swoop.

I put this in the UO section as - I guess - some of these characters can/do have fans. But I'd still like it.

I'll agree if you move it up further. :) It could be Robin got knocked out by the explosion on the lab. Alan is in the GH basement. 

• Love 1

I'd put Alan and AJ at the Switzerland Clinic for the Not Really Dead. That's where Robin is. Dr. O went to where Helena had Robin and told her how everything with Jason got messed up and promised to fix everything if Robin helped her. Robin said "Screw you and Faison." So Dr. O said well Helena left two more bodies and filled her in on everything, including how much grief Micheal had and how disgusted Jason is with his actions as Soldier Boy. Therefore, Robin is convinced he's a Q. Robin is reviving them now. She knows how Patrick is acting and is pissed. She told Dr. O to watch over Emma and her friends and etc. How did Anna get her agent job and not prosecuted? Dr. O pulled strings. It's Robin's condition. Why does Liesel want this done? Eh she wants her son's love. I don't care. Robin will cross her anyway after AJ and Alan are home safe.

I'd put Alan and AJ at the Switzerland Clinic for the Not Really Dead. That's where Robin is. Dr. O went to where Helena had Robin and told her how everything with Jason got messed up and promised to fix everything if Robin helped her. Robin said "Screw you and Faison." So Dr. O said well Helena left two more bodies and filled her in on everything, including how much grief Micheal had and how disgusted Jason is with his actions as Soldier Boy. Therefore, Robin is convinced he's a Q. Robin is reviving them now. She knows how Patrick is acting and is pissed. She told Dr. O to watch over Emma and her friends and etc. How did Anna get her agent job and not prosecuted? Dr. O pulled strings. It's Robin's condition. Why does Liesel want this done? Eh she wants her son's love. I don't care. Robin will cross her anyway after AJ and Alan are home safe.

This doesn't work for me for one reason: It involves Dr. O, whom I believe should be dead. After all the shit she has pulled, she would go poof, too, if my reset wish ever came to be. I just need criminals to stop fucking winning.

• Love 1

It's better for me since I don't want Carly having anymore ties to that bastard.

I do agree with this, but if Sonny gets custody of Avery, I'll bet more cash that Carly will shoehorn herself into his life somehow. Because true love never dies. ;-)

• Love 1

This doesn't work for me for one reason: It involves Dr. O, whom I believe should be dead. After all the shit she has pulled, she would go poof, too, if my reset wish ever came to be. I just need criminals to stop fucking winning.

Oh she'd die via Anna in an amazing scene where FH would earn an Emmy and show everyone how it's done. Robin would tell Patrick that she's learned she doesn't need him because all she needs is herself and she'd hit him, but he's not worth making her hand hurt, then she takes Emma and they move to a nice penthouse in Manhattan where Robin works as a doctor at a nice hospital. Emma goes to a wonderful school, sees her dad and family,and will return full time when she's SORAS'D in a few years.

As this forum as my witness, the character who smacks Patrick first will be free from my snark for at least 6 months. To show how serious I am, Spencer, Sonny and Carly are included.

If Sabrina and Robin somehow teamed up to beat the shit out of DoucheLord Drake, I'd campaign to give Ron the Emmy.

• Love 5
if Sonny gets custody of Avery, I'll bet more cash that Carly will shoehorn herself into his life somehow. Because true love never dies. ;-)

Carly will shoehorn herself into Sonny's life regardless, since she has to be the main woman in the life of every man in her life.

• Love 1

It's funny because when Carly was first in town she was obsessed with becoming Mrs. Dr. Tony Jones. That's why AJ couldn't be Micheal's father. Now she's content, nay obsessed with being the Woman Behind the Weakest Man of Them All. Takes a weak ass man to blame everyone else for his problems.

• Love 1

Yes, please. Whatever it takes to erase the last three years of Robin constantly being held captive... and all of this crapola, really. Just let it all be some fucked up dream she had after getting hurt or something.

For reals. And I won't even be picky. I'll just take the last YEAR of her being held against her will (which she WAS with Victor, too. It doesn't matter to me that she also wanted to save Jason. She was held in a facility and wasn't allowed to leave) as some kind of dream/nightmare.

Sadly, this will never happen and Ron's probably constructing another year of her as a prisoner.

• Love 1

What if Victor just had a Science goon fish Jason out and Dr. O has been reviving him at the clinic? AJ returned home, but Robin was never rescued from the clinic. Everything there is a nightmare of Jason, Robin, and AJ. When Franco returned, Olivia didn't get shot- AJ did. AJ is in a coma currently. He wakes up first and remembers seeing Jason and Robin briefly as he left, but can't speak. That erases Dr. O as CoS, keeps MSt as Nina (but improves the character ), lets RoHo be a better, different character, still allows for Micheal Quartermaine (Micheal is pissed that Carly ordered the hit on AJ and is angry at Sonny in general), and Jason wakes up as Billy Miller with his first scenes with KMc. They can recast AJ while he's in a coma. Because like they didn't do that with Michael.

I'd like a reset too, but not the one where this show has been Jason's dream from the moment his head met the tree, because that would mean that Robin and Jason never happened, and for all his turning out to be a Borgish, Gumbified killer, I LOVED Jason and Robin the first time around.

What I would like is for this show to get a NEW headwriter and Executive Producer to UNDO EVERYTHING from the moment AFTER Robert and Anna found Robin in November of 2013.

And I also want a horsie.

• Love 5

What I would like is for this show to get a NEW headwriter and Executive Producer to UNDO EVERYTHING from the moment AFTER Robert and Anna found Robin in November of 2013.

On their way back from rescuing Robin, Anna and Robert accidentally hit Franco with their car. Once they realize who it is they drive off, leaving him to die in the street. Wild animals come along and desecrate his body. 

• Love 9

I used to like Carlos, but his smug level ever since he got out of jail the first time is off the charts. Liz might actually have to hand over her title. And then there's the little issue of him trying to off my fave.

And somehow, it comes out that Lucky has been kidnapped by Helena/League of Evil or been dragged unwillingly deep undercover in the WSB and is definitely NOT a deadbeat dad, which I know has nothing to do with Robin really, but it is bullshit and still bugs me. I might be the only one.

• Love 6
(edited)

And somehow, it comes out that Lucky has been kidnapped by Helena/League of Evil or been dragged unwillingly deep undercover in the WSB and is definitely NOT a deadbeat dad, which I know has nothing to do with Robin really, but it is bullshit and still bugs me. I might be the only one.

Nope. It bothers me SO much. Helena keeping Lucky hostage/comafied would've made much more sense. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

I loved it when Diane and Alexis were friends. Well, they still are, but we don't see them doing stuff together anymore. When Diane is in lawyer mode, a little of her goes a long way for me. Carolyn Hennesey is awesome, but Diane can be really grating.

• Love 4

My UO for the week, or weekend rather, is that just because I think Sonny should never, ever raise a child or have one in his care and therefore should never be allowed to raise Avery, I don't want her with Michael either.

I think they both are terrible guardians for a baby. Sonny is a shitty, selfish criminal and Michael is a shitty, selfish brat and neither one imho is mature or stable enough to do a good job raising a child.

I don't care how Michael tries to get back at Sonny or if he succeeds or not, to me he's just an overgrown kid in an ill-fitting suit. He needs to be parented himself still.

• Love 4

I think I'm over Spin/Maxie for the foreseeable future. I think Spin/Ellie were good together and I'm disappointed Ron has regressed Spin and now he's back to begging for Maxie's love. I want him to realize he made a mistake giving up a great woman who loves him so he can go chase after Maxie again and ask Ellie for another chance. She comes back to town and they work on their relationship and Maxie can stay in her insipid relationship with Plywood.

• Love 2

So...I'm probs the only one, but I actually think Carly and Sonny are being kinda OOC in terms of Michael. And I think if Jason saw this shit, he would be horrified.

Ron doesn't know these characters at all.

• Love 1

So...I'm probs the only one, but I actually think Carly and Sonny are being kinda OOC in terms of Michael. And I think if Jason saw this shit, he would be horrified.

I think that applies to the whole show and all the characters.

Really Michael as Guza wrote him would have never have had a close relationship with A.J. to begin with to the point that he would have turned so against Carly and Sonny, he wrote the kid killing him off once for that matter.

Hell, Guza probably wouldn't have brought A.J. back to begin with, I think he was just fine leaving A.J. as dead and gone. And frankly with how Ron treated the character and then offed him yet again I think that would have been for the best.

All I see is Ron wanting to do over the parts of GH he feels will give him some sort of place in its' history. He knows the story-lines that this show has been so well known for so he merely wishes to hitch his wagon to them and redo and rewrite the hell out of them.

• Love 3

Carly has been written out of character ever since she hooked up with Franco. No one can ever accuse Carly of not looking out for her own interests and aligning herself with Sonny after he killed AJ was definitely not in her best interest. She may hate AJ but she cares about Michael loving her more. If she were being written in character she would have realized too many people knew what Sonny did and that eventually it would come out. Helping Sonny would have been too risky and she would have known that. She would have found a way for Michael to find out the truth without actually being the one to tell him. Perhaps setting it up so Michael would walk in on her begging Sonny to confess. At the very least she wouldn't have actively help cover up the murder. I also don't think she would continue to support Sonny (making Michael hate her more) or stand by as he makes veiled threats against her son. It's not like going against Sonny is unprecedented for her.

I'm not even sure I believe Sonny would have murdered AJ. In the past? Probably. But after Michael grew to love him? I'm not so sure. Maybe I would find it more believable if Sonny had engineered some situation where he had to kill AJ under the guise of self defense.

• Love 3

That's pretty much how I feel. I don't believe that Carly would help Sonny cover this particular murder and I don't believe Sonny would murder AJ at this stage of the show, as well.

And I will forever not buy that Carly would side with anyone over Michael. Anyone.

• Love 1

It;s just Monday but I already have an UO, heh.

I want Sonny to break Michael. Hell, he has my permission to snap the little punk in half for all I care, I'll enjoy it.

I haven't disliked, no hated, hated this kid so much since his red headed stepchild days. When he tried to pay off "Slutty Sam" to leave his father alone or how he just...went around breathing. 

I loathe Sonny but frankly Michael is getting on my nerves more at this point, it also doesn't help that I think Maurice at least can still bring it from time to time while Chad has never done it for me, so I am all for Sonny going after him.

In fact my ideal scenario would be if they were to ultimately destroy each other and both just go away forever, never to be heard from or seen again.

• Love 1

Also, I'm going to reply to myself and say I'm actually glad Jason isn't Jason yet and Robin is locked away bc if I had to witness either of them defending Sonny, I might have thrown my TV into the ocean.

• Love 3

When he tried to pay off "Slutty Sam" to leave his father alone

This is a thing that happened? SMH.

I want Sonny to break Michael. Hell, he has my permission to snap the little punk in half for all I care, I'll enjoy it.

The only reason why I'm not wishing for Helena to slit Michael's throat is because I like Carly and don't want one of her kids to die. I don't know what's happening. I never had much of a problem with him (except for when he was in his angry wannabe mobster phase) but ever since he found out about Sonny killing AJ he's just been annoying me so much. I don't even care about Sonny nor do I feel sorry for him but something about Michael these days just makes me want him to lose everything.

This is a thing that happened? SMH.

The only reason why I'm not wishing for Helena to slit Michael's throat is because I like Carly and don't want one of her kids to die. I don't know what's happening. I never had much of a problem with him (except for when he was in his angry wannabe mobster phase) but ever since he found out about Sonny killing AJ he's just been annoying me so much. I don't even care about Sonny nor do I feel sorry for him but something about Michael these days just makes me want him to lose everything.

Oh sadly it did happen, a briefcase was involved even. And of course he got away with it because he just wanted "Mommy and Daddy back together". It was...just loathsome.

And I am in the same boat. This whole "I'm a Q" rampage he is on has soured me to him completely, mostly because to me it takes a lot more than merely changing your last name to be a Q, or even a good person. I want "real" Qs, not the kid of Sonny and Carly who has suddenly decided on a name change and that's pretty much it.

I have no doubt if Michael wasn't Sonny and Carly's kid to begin with he wouldn't even be apart of this. Ron wants to involve Sonny an Carly as much as he can, so he's now using Michael and by chance that means the Qs are involved. If Michael were a true Quartermaine he would be as backburned and ignored as the rest. Or called fat and stupid and killed off.

I just want Sonny and his whole entire clan, blood related or not, to just fall off the face of the Earth. I am sick and tired of them all. I will give a pass to Dante just because he produced Ben. But the rest can just begone. 

I just want Sonny and his whole entire clan, blood related or not, to just fall off the face of the Earth. I am sick and tired of them all. I will give a pass to Dante just because he produced Ben. But the rest can just begone. 

Eh. In his own way, Dante's a Sonny apologist too. He might not have ever said he loves him to his face, but he told Lulu that he'd come to, and I consider that just as bad.

• Love 2

Eh. In his own way, Dante's a Sonny apologist too. He might not have ever said he loves him to his face, but he told Lulu that he'd come to, and I consider that just as bad.

Yup. Dante is just like the rest of 'em.

• Love 1

NuSloane makes me miss Original Recipe Sloane, and I didn't like him either. But the new guy... I hate his hair, I hate how he juts his chin out constantly, I hate how he can't deliver a line without awkward pauses between random words.

• Love 4

That's pretty much how I feel. I don't believe that Carly would help Sonny cover this particular murder and I don't believe Sonny would murder AJ at this stage of the show, as well.

And I will forever not buy that Carly would side with anyone over Michael. Anyone.

Except Jason. :)

I think Carly totally would have hid the truth about Sonny killing AJ from Michael. BUT! I also think she'd be doing everything in her power (schemes, set-ups…plaaaaaans--the last of which is actually in my dictionary as an acceptable spelling of a real word) to get him to forgive her. She would NOT be licking Sonny's taint quite this hard because she would want Michael back more.

• Love 2