Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: She's No Angel

Mona returns to Rosewood in a very fragile state as she must answer to the police for faking her death. Matters only get worse when she is confronted by Lesli’s sister about Lesli’s inadvertent involvement in Mona’s plot. Hanna is determined to help Mona out, not only to reassure her she is safe from Alison but also to try and repair Mona’s friendship with Lesli. Emily tries to help Sara with her troubled home life by encouraging her to explore the possibility of emancipation. Spencer, on the other hand, finds help from someone from her past. Meanwhile, Alison grows closer to Lorenzo as she looks for support outside of her family.

Promo:

(edited)

Lesli -- really ?  She's so boring, but apparently she has a sister that no one has ever met who is also probably working for A.  Better yet, Lesli's sister is A -- it all makes sense now because she has been there since the start. </snark>

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 5

Why does Mona look exactly like Jenna in that promo? Is she blind now, too?

I was wondering the same thing.

Poor thing though... she looks so off.

I just hope the liars don't sideline her for no reason like they did in season 4. 

(edited)

Why does Mona look exactly like Jenna in that promo? Is she blind now, too?

Ha, I was arguing with my sister over rather it was Mona or Jenna. She was insisting it was Jenna until I pointed out that Jenna wouldn't be sitting with one of the girls saying she wished she didn't come back. Maybe her eyes are sensitive to daylight after being locked in a dungeon for a few months and thus the sunglasses? Although Sara didn't seem to have a problem adjusting to the sun now that's she's free, so maybe it's just Mona trying to cover her face so people don't recognize her. 

ETA:

Pretty Little Liars 6x05 Sneak Peek #1 - "She's No Angel"

Apparently Hanna's wondering about Mona's sunglasses too...

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 1

Why are there cops suddenly staking out Hanna ? Or are there cops staking out all the PLLs ?

They all have cops guarding them around the clock. In the last episode Caleb went down to talk to them because there was a ten minute gap in between cops leaving/arriving. He'd been up watching them change shifts (7 times) all night. And Spencer waved at the cop outside of Aria's house before she went dumpster diving for pills.

• Love 3
They all have cops guarding them around the clock. In the last episode Caleb went down to talk to them because there was a ten minute gap in between cops leaving/arriving. He'd been up watching them change shifts (7 times) all night. And Spencer waved at the cop outside of Aria's house before she went dumpster diving for pills.

Really ?  I must have dozed off or something because I completely missed that.  Has it been like that for the last couple of episodes since they were rescued ?

Must be Rosewood PD up to their usual half-assed level of competence -- there were no cops following Hanna, Spencer or Alison to Aunt Carol's house.  And there were no cops tailing the PLLs into the shredding company.  Why would Byron insist on accompanying Aria everywhere if there are cops always following her ?

Are the cops following Sara Harvey as well ?

• Love 1
(edited)

Are the cops following Sara Harvey as well ?

I imagine that, much like the audience, the Rosewood PD has no interest in Sara Harvey. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 5
(edited)

Pretty Little Liars - 6x05 Sneak Peek #2 "She's No Angel"

Pretty Little Liars - 6x05 Sneak Peek #3 "She's No Angel"

Edited by SadieT
(edited)
Wait, so Lesli is old enough to have a teaching position but she's hanging out with a high school student? Are we sure isn't actually a guy who lives in Rosewood?

Is she a female version of Ezra ?  Because the Lesli introduced last season acted/behaved like a high school student.

Now, about 6 or 7 weeks later (in showtime), she's a graduate student.  Is she also writing a book about Alison and the PLLs ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

If Lesli is now a grad student with a fellowship who is teaching class, she must be at least 23 or 24. I wonder if they aged her so that she would be closer in age to Jason, Melissa, Ian, Charles, and all the other sketchy characters in their early to mid 20s. Next thing you know, we will learn that Lesli knew Charles and Ian.

• Love 2
(edited)

Anyone else hoping for yet another Ali slaps Mona moment?

Maybe this time they could keep slapping each other until they start making out?

Just me then.

Edited by raytch
  • Love 2

Is she a female version of Ezra ?

I kind of wish she were because it's about time we got a wildly inappropriate lesbian romantic relationship. Lesli is prettier than Sara and (as far as we know) hasn't spent years in some psycho's dungeon.

As it is, she is even more pointless of a character than Ezra himself.

Must be Rosewood PD up to their usual half-assed level of competence -- there were no cops following Hanna, Spencer or Alison to Aunt Carol's house.  And there were no cops tailing the PLLs into the shredding company.  Why would Byron insist on accompanying Aria everywhere if there are cops always following her ?

I don't think the cops are following anyone, they are just "guarding" the homes of the Liars.

• Love 1

Ok so did I miss something?  How do the police know Mona faked her death? I mean Mona is alive, so obviously her death was faked, but she was kidnapped so doesn't it make more sense for the cops to assume that Mona's death was faked by the guy with secret underground base and military grade spy equipment?  I get that the Liars figured out that Mona faked her death because they talked to Mike, but did the girls explain all of that to police?  Even then couldn't Mona just claim that A black mailed her into faking her death?  

Also how does Leslie know that Mona faked her death?  Again Mona is alive, but did the police announce that they believe Mona faked her death?

I get that I am probably over thinking things but I am seriously asking how does everyone know, with complete certainty that Mona faked her death?

• Love 4

Ok so did I miss something?  How do the police know Mona faked her death? I mean Mona is alive, so obviously her death was faked, but she was kidnapped so doesn't it make more sense for the cops to assume that Mona's death was faked by the guy with secret underground base and military grade spy equipment?  I get that the Liars figured out that Mona faked her death because they talked to Mike, but did the girls explain all of that to police?  Even then couldn't Mona just claim that A black mailed her into faking her death?  

Also how does Leslie know that Mona faked her death?  Again Mona is alive, but did the police announce that they believe Mona faked her death?

I get that I am probably over thinking things but I am seriously asking how does everyone know, with complete certainty that Mona faked her death?

That's an excellent point! Needless to say, I doubt the dumb making-shit-up-as-they-go-along writers will ever address that though!

• Love 3

Maybe Mike?

He's the only one who knew aside from the girls, and could have told everything to the police when the girls were in the dollhouse.

What I wanna know is who was Mike leaving candy to by the lake in pitch dark?

• Love 3

"I wonder if they aged her so that she would be closer in age to Jason, Melissa, Ian, Charles, and all the other sketchy characters in their early to mid 20s."

From what she said in that clip about complimenting someone on their Dolce & Gabanna leggings, it sound like Lesli and Mona met recently and that while we met when we were in science camp was just a ruse. I think Lesli knew Mona faked her own death because she was in on it. She pretended to be a lifelong friend of Mona's to get that book from the Vanderwalls and leave it somewhere for Mona to retrieve it. I wonder though if her testimony implicating the rest of the PLLs was part of the plan? Or maybe she's working for A.

Did she call Hanna a bag of hair?!!! What kind of insult is that?!!

• Love 1

I find it misleading when they use a screencap for the video of something that isn't even IN the video (like Em at a tattoo parlor).

Ugh I hope she doesn't get matching tattoos with Sara or something.

Maybe she'll get a plaid flag tattoo on her arm or her ankle... Because wearing plaid shorts and a plaid shirt tied on top of it underneath a jacket is not enough.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm already just like wtf.

Also, I hate stupid Emily and her stupid Sarah who she's more protective of her than her actual friends.

Things I do love:Kol.

Fucking Mona.

Edited by AmandaPanda
  • Love 2
(edited)

So, Spencer was terrorized in the bunker by what appeared to be a young girl conducting an interpretive art piece who left slippers labelled 'C. DiLaurentis' on the floor.  Really ?  If that was was the torturous hell she had to go through, bring on more pot cookies.  But if that dream was actually of Radley, how did Spencer know about that room if she had never been there before ?

And this "junkyard" is apparently filled with funhouse mirrors -- really ?  Why didn't Aria look to see what might have caused the shelf to tilt over for no apparent reason ?  Because that shit doesn't normally happen by itself.

Emily is a little TOOOO invested in Sara emancipating herself -- they are so going to hook up and soon.  Meanwhile, Caleb continues to be the voice of reason on this show, and takes one for the PLL team by giving Sara a job.

Mona -- get over it already, Alison is not actively working to cause you harm.

Where are the cop cars outside the Hastings/DiLaurentis houses while Spencer was talking to Mona ?  I thought these guys were there 24x7, but there's not a cop car in sight.

Lorenzo is most definitely working for A.  Pretty sure Clarke is working for A as well.

Was that another body in the tub or just another doll head ?  If it was a dead body, that place should have stunk to high heaven from the decomp.  What kind of hospital just "misses" some records when they are supposed to be properly disposing of them (even though they aren't technically supposed to be shredded) ?

Was that a street fight breaking out in Rosewood down the street from the tattoo parlor that scared Sara ?  And considering that Emily/Sara were in a dead-end alley, where was that shadow coming from -- other than behind them, but when they turned around no one was there ?

Aria thinks 'A' is a girl because ... of the lumps in the hoodie ?  Sure, why not ?

And why are Clark and Aria still using film cameras ?

Leslie has a little too much vitriol in her system to be that angry at Mona, and Hanna for some reason.  But now it's all good. Until the PLLs find out Leslie was a patient at Radley -- of course she was so they can deflect attention to her being 'A' for a while but it will ultimately come out that she was just an A-minion like everyone else in Rosewood.  Yawn.  Though Leslie appears to have anger issues based on her phone conversation with Mona, so that might explain why she was in Radley.  How old is Leslie supposed to be ? Much like Ezra, why would she be hanging out with a teenager like Mona ? And Leslie manages to go straight from Radley to college and now has a teaching position (unless all that is BS as well) ?  I don't think so.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2
And why are Clark and Aria still using film cameras ?

THIS! 

Dear Hollis College,

The '90's called and they want their equipment back! 

Seriously, what college still has this? Where are all the digital photography classes? And is some LA magazine really going to want negatives instead of digital files? 

• Love 3
(edited)

"Mona returns to Rosewood in a very fragile state as she must answer to the police for faking her death. Matters only get worse when she is confronted by Lesli’s sister about Lesli’s inadvertent involvement in Mona’s plot. "

So, did I miss something? Lesli was the one confronting Mona at The Brew, right? Where does her sister come into this?

Maddie Ziegler may be a talented little dancer, but that whole bit seemed unnecessary to me. And she looks nothing like a young Ali!

I want answers from our "Summer of Answers"' dammit!! And why do we need to wait two weeks for another episode?!

**Edited to add that I detest Sara and I am really hating Emily's desperate need to protect her from big bad A, at the expense of her friends who have been through hell and back with her. Just yuck.

Edited by Marmiarmo
  • Love 5
Matters only get worse when she is confronted by Lesli’s sister about Lesli’s inadvertent involvement in Mona’s plot

I know sometimes the episode descriptions are intentionally vague, but that was just outright misleading.  Or, does Leslie have a twin -- and that's why the "Leslie" in this episode seemed so substantially different from the Leslie of Season 5 ?

Maddie Ziegler may be a talented little dancer, but that whole bit seemed unnecessary to me. And she looks nothing like a young Ali!

It was filler that will end up meaning nothing.

• Love 1

Hannah was on fire tonight. I love her.

Emily and Sara can get off my screen now and stop sucking up precious time.

I hope Lorenzo is a good guy, but he probably won't be.

That weird dance scene seemed pointless. That must've been Spencer's pot talking.

• Love 5

Argg, Emily you are so frustrating! First of all, two months until Sara turns 18. TWO MONTHS. And as far as I know, getting emancipated does not take a couple of days. Like Caleb says, they need to see you being able to handle a job and school and have a viable reason to be emancipated. Also, I'm sure they wouldn't accept her emancipation in real life because of the trauma she's been through the last two years. My god, I know it's just a show but I cannot accept this. Emily's obsession with Sara sucks. We better find out that it's because of some unresolved issues or something, because this 'romance'? I ain't buying it one bit and I actually detest Emily a little bit more. 

Lorenzo and Clarke are obviously bad guys. Lorenzo will probably kidnap Ali near the end of the season and take her to A. She's gotta trust him in order to surprise her, after all. 

The dance scene was pointless and I was thinking about Spencer staying off the pot and stay off the weird dreams.

KOL! I mean Dean! You're back! I worry about more appearances from him, but as long as he stays pleasantly out of anything A-related, then I'm good with him. 

Hanna was good, though there were parts where she was getting on my nerves. 

Lesli's not A, so let's not pretend for four episodes that she is. She's just crazy and has major anger issues. But if that means she knows who Charles is/was, then fine, just get to the point and let's not have two episodes of the Liars 'sneaking' around and spying on her. 

I am suspicious of Mona still, but I also feel bad for her. Darn you, Janel Parrish! 

• Love 2

Ugh, this season feels like a whole lot of filler and not any answers. Does anyone give a shit about these randoms? Like seriously, who the f are Sarah, Leslie, Dean, Lorenzo, Clarke,...??! Where are Wren and Melissa, flashbacks with Jason and Ian, Garrett/NAT, Jenna, Cece, Noel...?? This is the last season to tie everything up and it's not exactly satisfying when half the screentime goes to people we met 5 seconds ago.

I get that they need some filler but use it on the girls new friendship dynamics and parents and dollhouse flashbacks and stuff. After the time jump the show will probably have a whole new feel and dynamic so it's the last few episodes where we can get some classic scenes between these characters as they are and it's being wasted.

Did they really give Emily a cliché Japanese symbol tattoo? *eyeroll*

So Sara was probably stalking Aria, right?

And this A is a girl kick they're on suddenly is more ridiculous than 'Alison is A!'. Did they not see the manly figure in the tuxedo right in front of their faces? Where were his boobs then?

Kinda weird that A is obsessed with Aria right now out of all the girls. Seems random...Isn't Ali his main obsession? And basically every other girl higher up on the list than Aria?

I miss them hanging out in their bedrooms together. Too bad those are tainted now.

• Love 5
Did they really give Emily a cliché Japanese symbol tattoo? *eyeroll*

Located somewhere near the good china.  I bet it isn't a Japanese character for courage at all -- probably the character for soup a la Penny on the Big Bang Theory.

• Love 1
Kinda weird that A is obsessed with Aria right now out of all the girls. Seems random...Isn't Ali his main obsession? And basically every other girl higher up on the list than Aria?

Well, Ezra probably found a better, more popular book idea to sell, so he needs the intel. /snark

I like that we never know what side Mona is on. But I do think she wanted to get caught. And I really hope they resolve this Leslie thing soon. 

So...Caleb is Sarah's good boyfriend now too? Good pick Sarah. Literally the only good pick. Her and Emily are "meh" but it's so Emily to get so invested in her that I don't mind.

LOL at A stalking Aria now..and her suddenly figuring everything out. 

Spencer and Maddie scene was kind of pointless, but mostly pretty cool..and any chance to see Maddie is fine with me. Drug coach dude is SO hot..go for it Spencer. Go for it. 

• Love 2

What the fuckity fuck was with the weird dancing, dirty bathwater, and dolls tonight? A checklist of early 2000 horror movie cliches?

Loved Hanna's outfit with the yellow pearls.

I love how they all think an ex-Radley patient is "unstable" when their best friend is one, too. But Spencer oddly doesn't object to it.

• Love 1

Clark: So are dolls your thing?

Aria: Oh, no, no, no. We've got an entire summer season to play with here, don't be so obvious.

RIP New Random Black Dudes.

Hanna and Spencer need to take over the entire show. When they were walking in the basement of Radley and heard Mona, one look and Hanna grabs the file from Spencer so that Spencer can grab a weapon and handle her business. No need to speak, just get the job done.

• Love 3
(edited)

Ugh. Go away, Sara.

What did Mona write in her card to Alison? “Hey, sorry from framing you for my murder and getting you thrown in jail and convicted of a crime you didn’t commit. No hard feelings, k bye.”

Why was Spencer eating all the brownies and cookies at the NA meeting? Is she addicted to food too now? Does she now think all cookies have pot in them?

I laughed when Ali’s dad said Ali only complained about the rude cop outside so she could have an officer closer to her own age assigned to her… like age-appropriateness matters in Rosewood. Also, he's still clearly several years older than her.

This was a pretty boring episode. Not even the pointless opening creepy girl dance scene could save it. Only part I enjoyed was Spencer and Hanna snooping around Radley. Oh, and seeing Dean Stavros again! 

If Sara Harvey doesn't get off my screen soon I'm going to scream. Her scenes are actually painful to watch. I'd take more Alison and Lorenzo or Aria and random photography dude if it means no more Emily and Sara. What the hell does Emily see in her? 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 3