Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

Kyle is no longer with Summer. That's done. He is really not a very well drawn character and he has no significant baggage. None actually except that Nikki bludgeoned his mother to death and Victor covered for her. So he SHOULD actually hate the Newmans and side with his dad.

This is a legacy character who is a blank slate. He should be a writer's dream.

I think a well-thought out version of Kyle, cast with a strong actor who can actually lead (i.e. not a boy-man or a lurch) would be a good idea. He is a demographic sorely lacking on the show. He could be anywhere from 25 to 40 and be believable as Jack's kid. He should have young playboy Jack's personality with women -- ie not at all prone to "fall in love" but more inclined to treat women like Jabot models that come and go (I'm not advocating misogyny but this rich white boy would be a believable misogynist). He needs edge, especially with the Newmans and his POS uncle Billy. He should be ambitious in business and feel an emotional connection to Jabot. Coming back to hate on Dad is so fucking tired.

Keemo--and the vapid Luan love story--should be mentioned as a bad dream Jack had once.

Then they should never be mentioned again.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 15

Keemo and Luan happened. That Jack history shouldn't be ignored any more than Jack's history with Phyllis and Billy should. History is history. 

I think the Jack character suffers because,  unlike Victor, he doesn't have his own family. He has no children onscreen. No grandchildren. Neither does he have a long term love anymore. This lack of family for him limits the stories that can be told for the character. 

• Love 10

at a different forum, a poster said that according to jamey giddens, jt's abuse s/l is still a go but apparently, after it leaked on line, there was viewer backlash...mal has toned it down somewhat but will still be an abuse s/l.  thad will be leaving in february.

• Love 6

I don't even think there was enough backlash to warrant them changing  that JT story. It seemed very tame compared to some of the other I've seen. 

Edited by DivaT
11 hours ago, miamama said:

He could be anywhere from 25 to 40 and be believable as Jack's kid

The only nitpick I have with this is I think the show established Kyle and Abby should be about the same age range since they were conceived during the stolen sperm adventure. But they've screwed around with ages so much on this show that I guess he could be older.

Despite her crush and smooching on Jack, I'm down for Hilary with Kyle. In fact whoever suggested a Chance/Hilary/Kyle triangle I think had the right idea. Men from two powerful families and a woman looking to be the Queen of Genoa City but also looking for real love. Jill and Ashley being against the pairings, Jack happy to have Hilary as a potential daughter in law.

9 hours ago, DivaT said:

I think the Jack character suffers because,  unlike Victor, he doesn't have his own family. He has no children onscreen. No grandchildren. Neither does he have a long term love anymore. This lack of family for him limits the stories that can be told for the character. 

Yeah it's sucks he has no loyal ride or die kids onscreen. That's why a part of me wanted Faith to be his so he'd have a daughter onscreen that he interacted with but was raised by a baby mamma so he wasn't saddled. Also it gives him a concrete onscreen motive regarding his obsession with Jabot and wanting that legacy for a child who the viewers care about.

• Love 9
On 12/30/2017 at 7:50 PM, boes said:

The only Kyle I even remotely enjoyed was the short-lived Lurch lookalike

First Burgess Jenkins, now this, I think you are my Y&R soulmate :)

• Love 3

jeebus fricking crackers..........

a poster at soc said he/she was looking around for spoilers on the internet and came across this:

when the abbotts and graham are in court, it turns out that graham is a BLOOD ABBOTT.

somewhere along the line john boinked his mom....

go to hell mal.......do not pass go, do not collect $200 just go straight there.

ETA:  post has been deleted by the mods at soc

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

a poster at soc said he/she was looking around for spoilers on the internet and came across this:

when the abbotts and graham are in court, it turns out that graham is a BLOOD ABBOTT.

go to hell mal.......do not pass go, do not collect $200 just go straight there.

Oh ffs.

• Love 11

Holy crap. So Mal has changed his own fucking storyline after about a month and a half? Return with me to the distant and murky past and recall how Graham and his mother hatched this vendetta plot against Dina (and the Abbott children) because she had slept with Graham's stepfather and broke up their marriage. Never mind the fact that apparently Mrs. Bloodworth or whatever her name is failed to mention that she herself slept with Dina's husband, John Abbott, managed to fall pregnant with Graham and failed to mention that to him. Or maybe she did. This is such crap. MY is just pulling this crap out of his ass.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

There is the spoiler at Soap Central that "At the Abbotts' day in court with Graham, a shocking secret is revealed" so that must be it?

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Holy crap. So Mal has changed his own fucking storyline after about a month and a half? Return with me to the distant and murky past and recall how Graham and his mother hatched this vendetta plot against Dina (and the Abbott children) because she had slept with Graham's stepfather and broke up their marriage. Never mind the fact that apparently Mrs. Bloodworth or whatever her name is failed to mention that she herself slept with Dina's husband, John Abbott, managed to fall pregnant with Graham and failed to mention that to him. Or maybe she did. This is such crap. MY is just pulling this crap out of his ass.

So i'm thinking that weird shit with Graham and his stepfather and the revenge plot and the public outing of Ash's paternity was Mal's way of wrapping up and tossing out Sally's story. It felt very weird and rushed and anti-climactic. But it culminated in Dina being kidnapped for sweeps. What we're about to see imo is what he himself penned. 

I cannot imagine how he will spin this. Like TMS says so either Graham knew John was his father and he went ahead with this absurd revenge plot on the innocent children (two of whom are his half-siblings) of two cheating parents OR he didn't know because his mother who wants lots and lots of money -- so much so that she's willing to carry out decades' long plots to get it -- simply kept the fact that her son could be heir to a lot of Abbott money to herself.

Honestly, I think that spoiler is bogus. It's too stupid even for Mal.

If he goes this way, with Graham Bloodworth being a Blood Abbott, wow.

Just wow.

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

I sure hope you're right about this being "too stupid even for Mal." I really do. But... ...

I know, lol.

33 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

mal seems to be a graduate of prattfails school of writing.

yep.

• Love 7

Well way back I thought Jack was itching to kill Graham. If he’s her husband he needs to be killed off.

I’m guessing Dina kills him and Jack takes the fall.

Then it’ll probably come out that Graham set it all up or some ish because Mal likes to SHOCK us.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, miamama said:

Well way back I thought Jack was itching to kill Graham. If he’s her husband he needs to be killed off.

Then it’ll probably come out that Graham set it all up or some ish because Mal likes to SHOCK us.

Wait, didn't John go to prison over some mess taking the fall for Gloria? I feel like it contributed to his health going south and him dying.

Jack in prison orange could be interesting if I didn't believe Victor would gloat and Ashley and Billy both berate him for taking on too much rather than try to help their brother get out. 

This is where I really miss Adam. His crimes against Ashley (and later Billy) aside, he'd have Jack's back in this going as far as trying to battle Billy and Ashley to keep Jack's seat at the Jabot table. It was a weird relationship that should never have worked or seen either be loyal to the other, but I bought it. When it was written well, Adam was the loyal friend/son/brother I liked for Jack. Still shocked they didn't have it that Jack in trying to keep his promise to look after Connor ended up hooking up with Chelsea.  The marriage could've started as a means of protecting her from Victor but grow into feelings on both sides. Her being an Abbott wife with her fashions somehow affiliated with Jabot seems like a no brainer. And her attracted/toying with/having an affair with Billy would've been more believable than Phyllis betraying Jack since Chelsea and Billy had a past legit relationship if they wanted to go there.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, miamama said:

Ashley will probably devise a plan that involves a faux romance and seduction. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Wait, didn't John go to prison over some mess taking the fall for Gloria? I feel like it contributed to his health going south and him dying.

Jack in prison orange could be interesting if I didn't believe Victor would gloat and Ashley and Billy both berate him for taking on too much rather than try to help their brother get out. 

This is where I really miss Adam. His crimes against Ashley (and later Billy) aside, he'd have Jack's back in this going as far as trying to battle Billy and Ashley to keep Jack's seat at the Jabot table. It was a weird relationship that should never have worked or seen either be loyal to the other, but I bought it. When it was written well, Adam was the loyal friend/son/brother I liked for Jack. Still shocked they didn't have it that Jack in trying to keep his promise to look after Connor ended up hooking up with Chelsea.  The marriage could've started as a means of protecting her from Victor but grow into feelings on both sides. Her being an Abbott wife with her fashions somehow affiliated with Jabot seems like a no brainer. And her attracted/toying with/having an affair with Billy would've been more believable than Phyllis betraying Jack since Chelsea and Billy had a past legit relationship if they wanted to go there.

I feel like it’ll be court room drama rather than inmate Jack - what with the court set built and all. 

Yeah Chelsea and Jack would have been interesting (MCE expressed an interest for some Jack action - it is as you say a no brainer) but JM lobbied hard. RME.

But yes Chelsea cheating on Jack with Billy would have been good soap because her thing with Jack would have been rebound/comfort. 

Instead we have Philly and Chick. Ugh

• Love 11

Well, that certainly sounds like something the writers consistently do to Jack (well, certainly the two of the last three regimes in any event). I could see something like that, but maybe Jack believes Dina killed Graham and it was someone else. If they return to the GCAC it's possible it could happen there and Dina is found with Graham's body and it's assumed she was responsible. Now just who they could actually make the perp in this growing mess, I couldn't say. Someone from Graham's past? I'm sure Mal has got this solidly in his (not so) capable hands. I'm sure it'll all make sense. Snort.

• Love 9

Someone from Graham's past? I'm sure Mal has got this solidly in his (not so) capable hands. I'm sure it'll all make sense. Snort.

Makes sense to me. He's a total sleazeball. I'm sure the Abbotts are not the only people he's fucked over in the past.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, bannana said:

Maybe Dina kills Graham, but everyone believes it was Jack who killed him.  So not so much that he takes the fall but that he is the likely suspect.

I want it to go the other way. But MY is too chicken shit to kill off someone like Dina so maybe not.  On the third hand, I mean lets face it, she's not going to be back full time so why not make her murder a huge story line involving all the core characters.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Didn't John kill Terrible Tom, and Ashley tried to take the fall? 

Yes. This would be a redux. That's why I'm thinking they go this route. But clever Mal will add a twist. A preposterous flashback or something that #weneversawcoming.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, miamama said:

Yes. This would be a redux. That's why I'm thinking they go this route. But clever Mal will add a twist. A preposterous flashback or something that #weneversawcoming.

If Dina was murdered then I could see it being that the 'twist' is that back when she and Graham hooked up and before her condition had really begun, she made Graham promise that he wouldn't let her deteriorate into a babbling old woman who was a burden to her family. When the time came he would 'take care of her'. Aka assisted suicide.

Or Graham in a late change of heart tells mommy that he won't continue her revenge plan, she somehow accidentally kills him and using her tragic death to her advantage and also because she blames Dina manages to frame Dina (or her beloved Jackie) for it with the other thinking they did it.

As long as we don't get a Graham POV/voice from the dead special episode like we did with Diane with him spouting off about who murdered him with the episode ending in a tableau of all the suspects. Then again if they do it like Sunset Blvd with him face down in a speedo dead on the Abbott pool and he's snarky in his post dead narration I may be entertained by that. 

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 9

I wish they would come up with a plan to keep Dina around. Medicate her with some experimental drug or discover that Graham has been slowly poisoning her and the results are symptoms that appear to be Alzheimer’s. I just want Dina to stay! 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I wish they would come up with a plan to keep Dina around. Medicate her with some experimental drug or discover that Graham has been slowly poisoning her and the results are symptoms that appear to be Alzheimer’s. I just want Dina to stay! 

Paging Dr. Simon Neville!  Loved him and Ashley together.  Yes he was kooky and no, I can't see MEK rolling around naked in bed with Eileen, but I still liked them as a couple. And he could be inserted anywhere. A Dr. Phil type on Hilary's show, Sharon's advisor on a college/grad school project as she continues to work towards her degree, unlikely nerd bros with Ravi.

• Love 22
6 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Paging Dr. Simon Neville!  Loved him and Ashley together.  Yes he was kooky and no, I can't see MEK rolling around naked in bed with Eileen, but I still liked them as a couple. And he could be inserted anywhere. A Dr. Phil type on Hilary's show, Sharon's advisor on a college/grad school project as she continues to work towards her degree, unlikely nerd bros with Ravi.

But MEK would have pulled off the BEST awkward love scene with icy Miss Abbott. Ravi is cute but Neville was a grown man and MEK is one of the best actors in the business. He knows how to perform in this genre.

Serious mistake to have let him go. 

Edited by miamama
Embarrassing typo
  • Love 20
25 minutes ago, miamama said:

But MEK would have pulled off the BEST awkward love seen with icy Miss Abbott. Ravi is cute but Neville was a grown man and MEK is one of the best actors in the business. He knows how to perform in this genre.

Serious mistake to have let him go. 

I agree. He's such a good actor, he raised everyone's game. I would love to have MEK back.  Ravi belongs with the younger set. I hope he develops some sensational app and makes millions, comes back to GC and buys the biggest mansion in town. Then he has a massive ball and slams the door in Miss Abbot's face. I think I may have recently Count of Monte Cristo again.

• Love 12
On 1/9/2018 at 9:44 AM, TobinAlbers said:

I love everything about this idea.

• Love 10

at a different forum, february sweeps spoilers were posted.

one of them was that hillary's biological clock is tick and she is going to go on her own and have a baby...

devon has plans of his own.

I WILL BET that devon arranges to be her anonymous sperm donor...

• Love 1

so apparently next week lauren discovers someone is ripping off the chelsea2.0 collection and selling them causing loss of profits i guess.

anyway, i am betting it is anita the grifter who is ripping off her daughter and that's where all the cash found in the duct vent came from..

• Love 8
On 1/28/2018 at 9:41 AM, SweePea59 said:

I really don't need to see Anita again ever.

Unless she's lying in front of Rexx Rugs with tire tracks on her like ButtBiscuit ala mode.

• Love 8
Just now, Toomuchsoap said:

Wasn't there a casting announcement about a month ago that Catherine Bach was returning?

Sadly yes. Also, like the broken bottle of parfum (wasn't it special French perfume?), it's another, "psych your mind! You thought it was a hint that Adam's been recast but it's not. Ha-ha (/Nelson from The Simpsons)."

• Love 6

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/yr-casting-news-6/

Audition script for "Caleb" who is obviously "Kyle Abbott".

Kyle uses his trust fund to become majority shareholder. The Board elects Kyle CEO of Jabot and he fires Jack.

Audition script for "Claire" who is obviously "Summer Newman".

Phyllis & Billy are engaged to be married. Summer complains about Phyllis trying to compete with her.

Edited by spinxella
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Desperately Random said:

I wonder if Chelsea's exit will have anything to do with Nick finding out that CAN is Adam's son. If that does happen I might watch just to see Nick finally lose a WTD contest. Would be a first for him.

Yep and the simian grunting and feces throwing will be epic.

• Love 14