Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

On June 26, 2016 at 9:59 PM, HeatLifer said:

This is how I see it, yeah. But I guess what I'm still questioning is whether this is actually the writers' intention. Because, so far, it's the "bad guys" who have the screen time, the POV, the standalone scenes, the flashbacks, the Obligatory Romantic Speeches, etc. They're not being portrayed as "bad." They're being portrayed as two people in love who have an obstacle/husband/brother in the way.

I think Pratt was going for a cheap imitation of Body Heat, actually. The only thing I'm getting from any of this is how miserably lonely, furtive and tawdry this is.  Shouldn't an affair be risqué and playful - something on the side that's a lagniappe? Don't get me wrong. I don't approve of them and I wouldn't be forgiving if I ever found out the hubs had done this and I wouldn't expect him to be any more okay than I'd be, but geez. These two look like they're in one of those gambrels that carted the doomed off to the guillotines. Is love really supposed to be so abjectly painful? What the hell's the matter with Pratt anyway? Actually, what we have here is a HW that wants to have it both ways. He needs us to think because this is so painful for these two mopes that they're literally fucking over a husband and brother that their true love will excuse everything, because it's love after all. I'd be more willing to excuse and forgive a dalliance or a long-term fling than something like this. 

• Love 8

Phyllis professes her love for Billy. He wants them to become official but she needs to think and asks him to leave the cabin. 

Phyllis gets a shock when Ian and Nikki arrive at the cabin. He ties them both up and things get crazy...

I am officially done watching this show.

• Love 4

I just.....I can't. I really have nothing to add. I will say I'm forever confused with how they're writing Billy as a teenager who wants an official girlfriend as opposed to a grown man who is screwing his brother's wife.

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I just.....I can't. I really have nothing to add. I will say I'm forever confused with how they're writing Billy as a teenager who wants an official girlfriend as opposed to a grown man who is screwing his brother's wife.

They are writing Billy as the most pathetic pond scum pig in GC I see not great love story I see  is a sex fest no love just sex.  I am so glad I record this crap and most of the time just delete can't be bothered to watch such garbage.  Nikki and Ian show up at the cabin seriously who is writing this crap a 5 year old. Wow I think I just insulted a five year old.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Shicklove1 said:

They are writing Billy as the most pathetic pond scum pig in GC I see not great love story I see  is a sex fest no love just sex.  I am so glad I record this crap and most of the time just delete can't be bothered to watch such garbage.  Nikki and Ian show up at the cabin seriously who is writing this crap a 5 year old. Wow I think I just insulted a five year old.

Yeah, I'm always trying to look at things objectively, and I don't see how love was/is portrayed between Philly. Billy claiming that he loves Phyllis bc she "accepts him" and "doesn't want him to change" is like an addict loving his alcohol. Phyllis doesn't make Billy a better person; THAT would be love. And Phyllis being drawn towards Billy because he wanted to "take down Victor" is not love.

I see a lot of selfishness, a sudden sexual obsession that came from nowhere, and a disrespect of a brother and a husband.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Yeah, I'm always trying to look at things objectively, and I don't see how love was/is portrayed between Philly. Billy claiming that he loves Phyllis bc she "accepts him" and "doesn't want him to change" is like an addict loving his alcohol. Phyllis doesn't make Billy a better person; THAT would be love. And Phyllis being drawn towards Billy because he wanted to "take down Victor" is not love.

I see a lot of selfishness, a sudden sexual obsession that came from nowhere, and a disrespect of a brother and a husband.

It's bizarro world. Philly have been presented as assholes for months. And now she LOVES Billy and is disgusted by Jack. wow.

Adding insult to injury, Jack's marriage to the woman who has been according to PB the LOVE of Jack's life for 20 years, ended and Jack doesn't even know. PB did not get to play one emotional beat in the BREAKUP of Phack.

Really????? He is just CLUELESS????? 

And now Ian will probably hurt Phyllis and it will be more Billy centred angst because Philly Love Story 2016 continues.

Jack won't even get to be mad about the cheaters. 

I thought I saw something at work, some plan by the writers, even poorly executed, but nope. 

That these scripts were allowed to see the light of day? This genre.

JFC.

• Love 11
(edited)

Billy will probably save Phyllis and Jack will thank him and kiss his ass and Philly's affair will continue.

I've tried to understand the writers choices but the only thing that's clear is they want to do Philly. Now and in the future after the reveal. This isn't about Jack or his reaction or whatever. That's all to make Philly sneaky and hot. I want to be wrong, but the only thing I'm seeing is what I originally predicted. Phyllis and/or Billy will tell Jack they're "oops! in love now" and Jack will eventually just accept it or something.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

No doubt this is how he is released. He saves Nikki and Phyllis (his victim) and now Phyllis has to thank his evil ass. I would care except I hate her right now so whatever. That is what this show has come too.

I also expect this to be a reality check for Phyllis and she probably decides to stay in her marriage. In the article they really emphasized that Phyllis is just excited by Billy. They said it like 3 times. It is a thrill thing. I think having her life threatened will either make her go back to Jack and work on her marriage (though now Hilary is zeroed in on Jack) or she will run to Billy. One of the other.

• Love 3

Whatever Phyllis decides, I'm sure it will be all about her. And Billy. And their feelings. Never Jack's. Has Jack even had spoilers about him in months? It's always what Phyllis, Billy, or Hilary are doing around him. SMH, it's so tiring.

• Love 7

I read that Pratt calls the Victor-Ian showdown at the cabin a Clash of the Titans????  Lol

Ninja!!! Hey, Ninja! Please pen a script of this "fight" scene for us. Pretty please????

3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Whatever Phyllis decides, I'm sure it will be all about her. And Billy. And their feelings. Never Jack's. Has Jack even had spoilers about him in months? It's always what Phyllis, Billy, or Hilary are doing around him. SMH, it's so tiring.

Yeah. As a Jack fan, I surrender. Again. 

I am predicting nothing any more re: Philly. I have been wrong every time. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

The article says Victor saves them. Or it implies it anyways. 

LOLOL  chuckles is bound and determined we will root for victor, but, i really don't care if he saves them or not.

• Love 6

Clash of the Titans: Release the Krapen!

Ian: Tell you what, Victor. I'm a reasonable fellow. If you can untie the knots binding Nicole and Phyllis, I'll surrender to law enforcement. If you can't, I point and laugh before making my way to a tropical island with no extradition treaty. Do we have a deal, Mr. Newman?

Victor: Deal? I don't make deals withthedevil, you got that? I punched yourdamn computer virus and now I'll dothesame to you!

Victor cocks his most potent weapon, his ancient, fossilized guns. After the painful cramp in his shoulder subsides, he sends a fist forward. Six hours pass. 

Victor: You messed withthebull, nowyouget the horns!

Phyllis and Nikki have freed themselves and are playing a spirited game of Monopoly with Ian Ward. As the game enters its fourth hour with many chuckles every time Ian draws the Go to Jail Card, a grunt is heard. The momentum of Victor's flying fist overwhelms him. He lands face-first on the Abbott cabin floor. 

Phyllis: .....

Nikki: ......

Ian: ......

Victor lies motionless for several seconds. Then! A noise. A low rumble, like thunder in the distance. It comes from Victor's nether regions and pierces the night air with a cacophony of otherworldly roars and odors. Dylan McAvoy enters the cabin with his gun drawn.

Ian: Young man, I suggest you holster that barbaric weapon and find us a can of Febreze.

In a chair positioned near the set, a giggling little man the others call Pratt pencils the word CLIFFHANGER!!!??? onto a dog-eared script.

• Love 16
(edited)
17 hours ago, miamama said:

I am officially done watching this show.

Is this for real? Nah It can't be. Right?

Okay. If these spoilers are what they're purported to be, and I believe they are, then I fully see why Fuck 'em Phelps's ass was drop kicked off the the show.  Why they're allowing Pratt and his juvenile and brain dead storylines to continue fingering the viewers is beyond me. Back in the eighties, there was a book called You'll Never Eat Lunch in This Town Again by the ignominiously divorced ex-spouse (and previously half partner) to an award winning screenplay/producing Hollywood movie producer her given name was/is Julia but I forget their last name momentarily), and to get back on track, I think both Phelps and her hack writer friend Pratt should never be allowed to eat lunch in that town again. Ever.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Clash of the Titans: Release the Krapen!

Ian: Tell you what, Victor. I'm a reasonable fellow. If you can untie the knots binding Nicole and Phyllis, I'll surrender to law enforcement. If you can't, I point and laugh before making my way to a tropical island with no extradition treaty. Do we have a deal, Mr. Newman?

Victor: Deal? I don't make deals withthedevil, you got that? I punched yourdamn computer virus and now I'll dothesame to you!

Victor cocks his most potent weapon, his ancient, fossilized guns. After the painful cramp in his shoulder subsides, he sends a fist forward. Six hours pass. 

Victor: You messed withthebull, nowyouget the horns!

Phyllis and Nikki have freed themselves and are playing a spirited game of Monopoly with Ian Ward. As the game enters its fourth hour with many chuckles every time Ian draws the Go to Jail Card, a grunt is heard. The momentum of Victor's flying fist overwhelms him. He lands face-first on the Abbott cabin floor. 

Phyllis: .....

Nikki: ......

Ian: ......

Victor lies motionless for several seconds. Then! A noise. A low rumble, like thunder in the distance. It comes from Victor's nether regions and pierces the night air with a cacophony of otherworldly roars and odors. Dylan McAvoy enters the cabin with his gun drawn.

Ian: Young man, I suggest you holster that barbaric weapon and find us a can of Febreze.

In a chair positioned near the set, a giggling little man the others call Pratt pencils the word CLIFFHANGER!!!??? onto a dog-eared script.

OMG. You are a bloody GENIUS!!!!

Really, Ninja. You are. 

Thank you thank you thank you...

I'm trying to quit this show but you Preverts, I can't (and would NEVER) quit you. 

26 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Is this for real? Nah It can't be. Right?

Okay. If these spoilers are what they're purported to be, and I believe they are, then I fully see why Fuck 'em Phelps's ass was drop kicked off the the show.  Why they're allowing Pratt and his juvenile and brain dead storylines to continue fingering the viewers is beyond me. Back in the eighties, there was a book called You'll Never Eat Lunch in This Town Again by the ignominiously divorced ex-spouse (and previously half partner) to an award winning screenplay/producing Hollywood movie producer her given name was/is Julia but I forget their last name momentarily), and to get back on track, I think both Phelps and her hack writer friend Pratt should never be allowed to eat lunch in that town again. Ever.

I agree. Another silly "confrontation/kidnapping/gunpoint scene" was actually written by an adult, approved, and a great deal of money was spent to produce it. It's a full on embarrassment. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, crosby777 said:

LMAO who makes who a better person on this show? 

LOL, my point wasn't to say another couple on this show displays that. I don't care about couples on this show at all.

I'm just talking about Billy's statement that Phyllis "accepts him" and "doesn't want him to change" like that's a GOOD thing. Like that's LOVE. It's not as if Billy is some quirky personality who eats cereal with OJ. Billy is very destructive, so destructive that he ruins not only his own life, but those around him. At the moment, he's screwing his brother's wife. I mean, that's not a character who "shouldn't change." That's a character who 100% is a child who needs to grow up.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, miamama said:

OMG. You are a bloody GENIUS!!!!

Really, Ninja. You are. 

Thank you thank you thank you...

I'm trying to quit this show but you Preverts, I can't (and would NEVER) quit you. 

Second that! Even if i watched the show,  I would have no idea why or how Ian and Victor get out of the prison [although the revolving door in the visitors' room may play a part] but Ninja's scenario is a lot more in tune with the characters than anything Pratthole could do.  Why don't the TPTB get a clue and hire the Preverts to write the scripts?

Edited by MollyB
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

It's all brilliant, but this part here made me chortle with delight.

• Love 10

I would care except I hate her right now so whatever.

too funny.. I am finally liking her again.. she is acting like Phyllis finally.. I hated when she  was  all  boring and stepford wife to Jack..

As much as I hate Franken-Keebler and SyPhyllis, nothing eclipses my years long hate for Victor and EB's pathological need for the character to "win," including him saving Phyllis and this suddenly redeems him for Marco. Nope, that manipulative crap didn't work when Adam was saving dogs and babies every other week, and it sure as hell doesn't work when the character won't even pay lipservice to the possibility of being wrong.

• Love 13

So is Victor going to get a free pass out of jail because he saves the day? The only reason Ian was in the courthouse to escape and kidnap Nikki is because Victor set up Adam. This is again all because of Victor's manipulations and screwing over his family to serve his own twisted purposes. Of course, no one will bring up the fact that Victor's selfish and self-serving actions have once again put other people in danger.

And this is the reason I cannot watch this shitfest. Just reading about it is pissing me off. Watching it would probably send my blood pressure sky rocketing and give me a stroke.

• Love 13
47 minutes ago, Desperately Random said:

So is Victor going to get a free pass out of jail because he saves the day? The only reason Ian was in the courthouse to escape and kidnap Nikki is because Victor set up Adam. This is again all because of Victor's manipulations and screwing over his family to serve his own twisted purposes. Of course, no one will bring up the fact that Victor's selfish and self-serving actions have once again put other people in danger.

And this is the reason I cannot watch this shitfest. Just reading about it is pissing me off. Watching it would probably send my blood pressure sky rocketing and give me a stroke.

Yes to everything.  Sometimes, I feel my temples throbbing while this crap is playing out in front of me and I think my head is going to explode like in Scanners.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Hope he brings lil' Lucy.

and she'll be about 19 and get an executive 'intern' position at Jabot and have an affair with Puka.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, MollyB said:

and she'll be about 19 and get an executive 'intern' position at Jabot and have an affair with Puka.

Naw, she'll cross paths with that chic magnet buttbiscuit and instantly become another in his harem.  Then granny SyPhillis and granddotter Lucy can fight over buttbiscuit's penii.  Between buttbiscuit and "grwampa" Newman getting all the womenfolk slobbering/panting after them it's a wonder any other male on the show has a partner.  

• Love 9
11 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

Naw, she'll cross paths with that chic magnet buttbiscuit and instantly become another in his harem.  Then granny SyPhillis and granddotter Lucy can fight over buttbiscuit's penii.  Between buttbiscuit and "grwampa" Newman getting all the womenfolk slobbering/panting after them it's a wonder any other male on the show has a partner.  

Well, let's look at the silver lining in this scenario....Phyllis is a hellraiser...but Lucy has both Phyllis AND Sheila as grandmothers. Plus, Tim Reid was Daniel's bio dad, right? Between his wacky hi jinx on this show and later on B&B, that guy was a Pepsi short of a combo too. She has the potential to be full on nutso and may put us out of ButtBiscuit's misery in a jealous rage a la Tricia from so many years ago, and I would consider finally forgiving MAB for inflicting two more unnecessary Sheila spawn on the world. 

• Love 4
On 7/6/2016 at 5:40 PM, PatsyandEddie said:

Love Graz! Can't wait to see him! 

There was a time when I was so out of it that I didn't much like Graz - at all.  I've learned the error of my ways.  I've seen him on several other shows, but even more than that, the Advent of the ButtBiscuit Years have made me yearn for actual fleshed out characters portrayed by good actors.

I wonder if he'll tell his mother what an idiot she's being?  He's done that before?  Or maybe give ButtBiscuit a beat down?

Or both?

• Love 11
(edited)
16 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Brian Hamilton or Frank Barritt.

you mean which one is daniel's bio dad?

brian hamilton is daniels bio dad, and he was a married man when he knocked up phyl and she decided a rock star would be the perfect one to pin it on..

frank barritt was cassie's bio dad, he was sharon's hs boyfriend.  he was a senior and she was only 15 at the time..she told frank she loved him and he told her to prove it.  so she did.  then he dumped her.  she and her mom lived in madison at the time.  after she gave cassie up for adoption they moved to gc to start over and then met nick..the rest is history.

Edited by valleycliffe
added to post
  • Love 5

Thanks. Yeah, what I originally asked was who was Mariah's father, and there seemed to be two answers.

2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh, this is gonna be good! BTW, who is Mariah's dad?

See? But then someone else asked who was Daniels dad and because I fail at reading I thought there were two answers. It's really quite simple, I'm an idiot.

• Love 2

i beg to differ peacheslatour.

so, apparently turd told adam that if he came back to ne to work with him (bye vikki), that the missing pages to herbs journal would show up...

my question is, what is on the missing pages?

- adam is really christian's daddy?

-she was the one who helped constance to the great beyond?

- she was thrilled she roped in dick cause he is mr. moneybags?

- she thinks dick is /was stupid for falling for all her lies?

can't wait to find out.

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I wonder if Phyllis tries to dump Jack without telling him about the affair. Another way to drag this out until September.

That would be about right for Pratt. After months of Jack being made a fool of he doesn't get the satisfaction of dumping Phyllis's ass. Although not sure how this would drag it out. If Phack is apart who gives a fuck when Jack finds out? It sucks the drama out of the reveal. Which is why it makes sense. Pratt is the master of ruining any potential drama a story might have ever had.

This show is beyond trash.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 6