Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

has anyone else heard the rumor that a major character is going to die in the fire at the underground?

i have read spec. that it will be reed who dies and that's what brings jt back for a few episodes...  others think it could be charlie...

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

has anyone else heard the rumor that a major character is going to die in the fire at the underground?

i have read spec. that it will be reed who dies and that's what brings jt back for a few episodes...  others think it could be charlie...

There's only one character who should die in a fire...okay maybe two. And it's not either one of those kids.

• Love 16

I'm sick and tired of this show going to the "kill a legacy child" well so often. I'm still pissed off about Colleen having been killed off of not long after Brad was. In my mind Brad didn't really die back then. Instead he had severe hypothermia, was brought back to life and is in witness protection somewhere due to that crappy storyline they had him in where it was revealed his name was really George Kaplan.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Jaded said:

In my mind Brad didn't really die back then. Instead he had severe hypothermia, was brought back to life and is in witness protection somewhere due to that crappy storyline they had him in where it was revealed his name was really George Kaplan.

As we all know, characters have been brought back from the dead before, and I'd actually buy this explanation!  Maybe somehow Colleen could still be alive & living with Brad, and it could come out that Victor actually received the heart of some sociopath to explain how he's become more & more of an asshole as time goes on.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, crowsworks said:
18 hours ago, Jaded said:

I'm sick and tired of this show going to the "kill a legacy child". 

Billy....billy

I don't care how they do it, but I wouldn't shed a tear if the show got rid of Faith.  I suppose, though, TPTB wouldn't be THAT mean to Sharon & Nick to kill her off.  She should have been allowed to join her sister on that trip around the world.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Capricasix said:

If they kill Reed off, I will be very angry, very angry indeed.

Besides, isn't that ill-assorted jumble of rotted chiken n' bits called ButtBiscuit a "legacy child"?   

Run him over and keep backing up, finish what Noah started.

• Love 12
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 8:07 AM, Capricasix said:

If they kill Reed off, I will be very angry, very angry indeed.

Well, as Valleycliffe posted here or on another thread, Thad Luckinbill is making a return to the show, and Giddens on the DC podcast confirmed that. He didn't spill any tea about the storyline, but he quipped something to the effect that if what he's "heard about it is true", and then he stopped himself from going any further. Both he and Jillian Bowe were clucking their tongues in disapproval, or so it seemed to me. Why would TL be coming back to town for anything else except relating to Reed? First off, I never missed TL. I just never saw that he had much appeal. And mustn't that be terribly awkward for AH now? Surely MY isn't going to bring this character back to get between Billy and Phyllis? And I don't think he would put JT Hellstrom and Victoria back together again because they were about as interesting together as watching paint dry. I just don't see any purpose in this character's return. And the biggest puzzlement for me is why TL would even want to return to daytime after having attained so much success, not to mention an Oscar with motion picture production?

I corrected my earlier iteration of this post to change "...put JT and AH back together" into put JT Hellstrom and Victoria back together. I didn't want any confusion between JT and Jason Thompson.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 7

O was reading another site and according to their re-capper Ash and Jack discover Dina's secret next week and decide to keep it on the down low from the rest of the family. Are they not going to get her any help? What are they going to do to keep people from finding out, lock her in the attic?

• Love 9
22 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

O was reading another site and according to their re-capper Ash and Jack discover Dina's secret next week and decide to keep it on the down low from the rest of the family. Are they not going to get her any help? What are they going to do to keep people from finding out, lock her in the attic?

Ugh. I understand protecting a loved ones dignity. But you’re right. How will this play out on the show? And what “rest of the family?” Offscreen Traci? And soon to be mat leave Abby???

More Mal hiijinks here we come. Dina sneaking off and starting cliffhanger disasters while Jack and Ash cover for her.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, miamama said:

Ugh. I understand protecting a loved ones dignity. But you’re right. How will this play out on the show? And what “rest of the family?” Offscreen Traci? And soon to be mat leave Abby???

More Mal hiijinks here we come. Dina sneaking off and starting cliffhanger disasters while Jack and Ash cover for her.

And Beely.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

And Beely.

Bittbiscuit isn’t Dina’s family. I hope he has nothing to do with her Alzheimer’s story.

But who am I kidding. 

Its astonishing to me that this newbie is the star of the show. Just because he’s playing a legacy character why the fuck does he get a pass? Burton got serious backlash when JFP shoved him down our throats. But not JT. 

Its not even like he actually resembles Billy Abbott. 

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, miamama said:

Its astonishing to me that this newbie is the star of the show. Just because he’s playing a legacy character why the fuck does he get a pass? Burton got serious backlash when JFP shoved him down our throats. But not JT. 

Its not even like he actually resembles Billy Abbott. 

I'm convinced the majority of his fans and GT fans didn't watch Y&R before they arrived. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm convinced the majority of his fans and GT fans didn't watch Y&R before they arrived. 

Oh yeah for sure. This is the gang who thinks Jack/Vicki don’t “get” Phyllis/Billy and also that Philly - PHYLLIS SUMMERS AND BILLY ABBOTT - need a BABY!!!!!!! 

Gah!!!

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, miamama said:

Oh yeah for sure. This is the gang who thinks Jack/Vicki don’t “get” Phyllis/Billy and also that Philly - PHYLLIS SUMMERS AND BILLY ABBOTT - need a BABY!!!!!!! 

Gah!!!

LOL  are those fans the same ones who claim sharon is too old to have a baby?

• Love 11

So have you guy heard the rumor that JT is returning to do a domestic violence storyline with Victoria (and I assume Mackenzie offscreen). Jamey from Daytime Confidential hinted awhile ago that his return was some character assassination mess and then last night he was being cryptic about it and ended with posting an Ike and Tina gif. I don't even know. Mal is all about these real world stories but I feel like this will go over like a led balloon with fans. JT suddenly an abuser? Nope. 

• Love 8

Well, men can also be abused by their domestic partners. I'm not real sure how that works and it's pretty hard to fathom. But seriously? I can't see either he or Mackenzie being remotely like that. And why have the character return to Genoa City? That doesn't make a lick of sense. Would he think he'd have a sympathetic audience in Victoria or Reed? This is a terrible storyline decision and a disgusting twist on an established character.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Maybe Victoria of the Brain Damage will be abusing Reed and J.T. has to come to his rescue.

I wondered if Victoria would be the violent one (what with Mal working so diligently to trash her humanity). But according to Giddens it's JT's character that is going to be assassinated.

10 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

This is perfection.

• Love 10

And to add insult to injury, there was a photo posted on Twitter that depicts Phyllis's reaction to the fact that Billy moves next door to her. (I think that may have been Hanvey's work too. I didn't go back on Twitter to confirm it, but I believe he's the one who tweeted it). SMDH. Malaprop is seriously going for the romcom.

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

to mal, phyl and buttbiscuit are the new bogey and bacall and can do everything and anything.  romance comedy, sessie times....they're ratings grabbers...they have twitter all a twitter...

excuse me while i go and barf.

Move over. We really neeed a Vomitorium around here.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

to mal, phyl and buttbiscuit are the new bogey and bacall and can do everything and anything.  romance comedy, sessie times....they're ratings grabbers...they have twitter all a twitter...

GTsortaPhyllis and NotBilly aren't even the new Doris Day and Tony Randall.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Well, men can also be abused by their domestic partners. I'm not real sure how that works and it's pretty hard to fathom. But seriously? I can't see either he or Mackenzie being remotely like that.

I could totally see CF Mackenzie turning out to be an abuser, I thought she played the part more mean than dour.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

Even in the afterglow... er, aftermath of the Scabby thang, Mal went immediately to the odious romcom. WTF? Though... there was a good moment  between them after. I wouldn't mind that pairing, but loserman, banana boy will be bouncing back to Sharon. Yuck.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Why would Thad Luckinbill want to come back after all this time if it's just to have them assassinate his character? The whole thing seems weird.

He may have agreed to come back without knowing the scripts. In fact I think that's how it works. They book the actors and then scripts are sent (they only get scripts a week ahead). AH -- in an interview when SS first started -- said Sally asked if Thad was available. At that time, he was busy, AH said.

So my guess is once he had available time he agreed. It's temporary so I doubt he really was too concerned about the substance of his character's arc. It was probably more of a loyalty thing to Y&R. He may have simply been told it was to wrap up loose ends with Victoria and Reed or to give Victoria a launch to a new storyline. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 10

Giddens tweets make it plain that this domestic violence storyline is going down. He can annoy me (a great deal) at times but he usually doesn't share this type of rumour unless it's solid. But also are they dropping Mariah and Tessa? That surprises me. But except for Mariah's emotional coming out, that storyline disappeared for all of sweeps, which says the network is worried it will cost viewers.

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Why would Thad Luckinbill want to come back after all this time if it's just to have them assassinate his character? The whole thing seems weird.

Especially with his success, he doesn't need the money or Y&R. Maybe he's doing it for AH? Emmy bait for both?

They're trying to copy Big Little Lies?

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

The wacky hijinks will be hilarious. It'll be Two's Company instead of "Three's Company". Watch for Billy having to dress as a woman. Watch for Phyllis to get locked out naked. Watch for them to have a crazy misunderstanding. 

• Love 12
13 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

The wacky hijinks will be hilarious. It'll be Two's Company instead of "Three's Company". Watch for Billy having to dress as a woman. Watch for Phyllis to get locked out naked. Watch for them to have a crazy misunderstanding

Usually involving a door.

• Love 6

so, i read that scott and abby are in chancellor park and talking about the leak about ne wanting to turn the park into condos and scott tells abby that it was really her fault cause she told him and he told sharon...blah blah blah.

apparently then they share quite an amorous kiss just as faith shows up from ice skating...

this really pisses me off.  why put that on faith?

it should have been sharon or a different adult not a little kid..

now i have to wonder if she will keep it a secret or tell her mom about it.

• Love 8
On 11/16/2017 at 11:10 PM, Artsda said:

Especially with his success, he doesn't need the money or Y&R. Maybe he's doing it for AH? Emmy bait for both?

They're trying to copy Big Little Lies?

Minus the great writers, actors and fab exteriors. Maybe it was part of his divorce settlement.

On 11/17/2017 at 0:04 AM, babyhouseman said:

The wacky hijinks will be hilarious. It'll be Two's Company instead of "Three's Company". Watch for Billy having to dress as a woman. Watch for Phyllis to get locked out naked. Watch for them to have a crazy misunderstanding. 

They get pot brownies by mistake? Haha. They run over Dina, they fall asleep watching Game Of Thrones and imagine themselves as Jon and Dany. (Jack gets to be Ned and Ashhole gets to be Cerci)

1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

so, i read that scott and abby are in chancellor park and talking about the leak about ne wanting to turn the park into condos and scott tells abby that it was really her fault cause she told him and he told sharon...blah blah blah.

apparently then they share quite an amorous kiss just as faith shows up from ice skating...

this really pisses me off.  why put that on faith?

it should have been sharon or a different adult not a little kid..

now i have to wonder if she will keep it a secret or tell her mom about it.

Or true to character and genetics she'll use her skate to cut Abby's brake line and put her into a coma for the next few months and Sharon will take the blame.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Ugh. According to a spoiler site I was just on, Faith catches Yanni kissing Abby on Monday and then AGAIN on Friday. What the actual fuck?!?

Guess it beats finding Mommy kissing Santa Claus--don't think Sharon's been involved with him yet.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, pearlite said:

Guess it beats finding Mommy kissing Santa Claus--don't think Sharon's been involved with him yet.

Is this a Bad Santa subplot coming up??

Ohthehijinks....

• Love 3