Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Lord Of The Manor

• Start Topic

I, for one, have high hopes for Turks & Caicos. It gave birth to the most memorable clip from the season trailer: Luann's husky, hungover voiced, "be cool, don't be all... uncool."

It thrilled me with the promise of being another Slutty Island, since a lot of the early speculation was that some of the women invited some men back to the house.

The only thing that gives me pause is when Andy Cohen compares T&C to Scary Island. Don't you know anything, Andy? Slutty Island > Scary Island.

• Love 11

I just saw the commercial for the next episode and I have to say I am very surprised. I never thought anyone could make me like Kristen but damn it Ramona and Bethenny were able to do it.

I think everyone is pretty tired of the nonstop whining and crying about the tragedy of being Bethenny. I get it. She has to leave her kid to do her job on Real Housewives. But Kristen has to leave her two kids. Heather has to leave her kids. Dorinda has to leave her daughter to do her eyebrows by herself. Luann has to leave all those Euro trash rent boys to fend for themselves. Sonja has to leave her interns and debt collectors to amuse themselves. Ramona has to leave her Pinot Grigio. Well she can take it with her so that don't count. But she can't bring a weeks worth with her so she is going to be very lonely.

Bethenny missing Byrn is no where near as sad as Ramona missing her Pinot Grigio. Enough already.

I actually just snorted. Well played.

• Love 3
(edited)

We was robbed...

First Look NY said 9:11 to 9:32 , but it ended at 9:23.

What they showed at the 9:23 mark is First Look for Secrets and Wives

You killed Kenny....bastiges......grrrrrrr

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 2
(edited)

So Ramona attacked Kristen because she wanted to be Beth's pitbull. Idiot. Did Beth ask for one??? Dorinda Im really enjoying her. "Her intentions are amazing but her applications are shit." Shes so honest with Moan. Dorinda basically called it right that she was being mean to Kristen. Then Moan said maybe her delivery was wrong. Maybe? Woman, it was and you know it!

LuAnn the clothes are lovely and very Countess. Even her magazine cover was beat for the gods! Dorinda commented that Sonja (who was at the red carpet) said to Heather "Shes put on weight." Heather said "Thats because shes drinking like a fucking fish." LOL. Dorinda then continues being amazing when she and Heather tell Kristen what happened after she left. Dorinda, "If that was me I'll tell her to back that shit up right now or it's going down." Omg... I think shes my mini-me from in this franchise.

How does one expects to have a convo with Beth if shes always talking over people? Like Kristen said, "it's like you've been mugged." Yet clearly she isnt a fighter so Bethenny is out of her league here. I respect her for letting the running rebel run her mouth because I'm sure if Kristen said much more Bethenny would had cried to Moan about life sucks again and how she wants to be near Bryn.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7
(edited)

We was robbed...

First Look NY said 9:11 to 9:32 , but it ended at 9:23.

What they showed at the 9:23 mark is First Look for Secrets and Wives

You killed Kenny....bastiges......grrrrrrr

We was robbed!   LOL

I went back to check my cable guide to see if I had a momentary attack of dyslexia (32 vs 23) when I typed that post but I did not.  

Methinks the cable folks did though.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

We was robbed!   LOL

I went back to check my cable guide to see if I had a momentary attack of dyslexia (32 vs 23) when I typed that post but I did not.  

Methinks the cable folks did though.

I think Bravo did it Intentionally to sucker us into watching Secrets & Wives clips...not sure what the ratings are on this new show

• Love 2

I think Bravo did it Intentionally to sucker us into watching Secrets & Wives clips...not sure what the ratings are on this new show

The ratings should be in the toilet IMHO.  I checked it out for 10 minutes then changed the channel.

I could not watch those women and I live on the north shore of Long Island.

• Love 7

The ratings should be in the toilet IMHO.  I checked it out for 10 minutes then changed the channel.

I could not watch those women and I live on the north shore of Long Island.

I watched a few minutes of it cause the guys that do the Watch What Crappens Podcast love this show.

They compared these ladies as....this is what the Princesses of Long Island end up in the next 5 years

• Love 3
(edited)

Sonja: This is for the masses not the classes.

What a ignorant ass.

Damn! Once again someone starts shit between Beth and Kristen and walks away, this time Sonja set up the dumb exchange.

I loved Dorinda saying she would have gone off on Ramona. I would love to see that lol.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8

What a ignorant ass.

Damn! Once again someone starts shit between Beth and Kristen and walks away, this time Sonja set up the dumb exchange.

I loved Dorinda saying she would have gone off on Ramona. I would love to see that lol.

Sonja and Ramona just love to stir the shit pot IMO. Sonja did this to Aviva after the Montana trip last season as well!

I too would also love to see Dorinda let Ramona have it full force. LOL

• Love 7

Chile ... it seems like Carole, Moan and Son have been taking a lot of their direction and cues from production.

• Love 6

What a ignorant ass.

You're being kind calling Sonja an ignorant ass.  This is the woman who filed bankruptcy.  Yeah, Sonja, you're real classy especially in AC at the night club.

I'm beginning to think that Kris 'is' really being gas lighted.  And Beth really is a snot....

• Love 12
(edited)

THIS! I get that Bethenny is polarizing and a lot of people hate her or just love bashing her for the hell of it. But, the dynamic I am seeing on the show with the women is simply a matter of the women MAKING their story lines revolve around interaction with Bethenny. So, Bethenny arrives late and leaves early and is guarded and not letting them in. SO WHAT? If you don't want this to be the Bethenny show, don't rehash every small perceived slight. If she tells you that she can't do something because she has to spend time with her daughter, why is it a THING? Don't make it a thing, just do what you do in real life if someone tells you they can't make it to an event because of child care issues. Say, sorry you can't make it and MOVE THE FUCK ON!

If my best friend says she can't go to girls' night with me because she couldn't get a sitter or she really wanted to spend time with her daughter that night. I don't go around to my mom, my sisters, my brother, and my mutual friends and say "she stood me up again. I have responsibilities to my family too. But, I was able to go out and have fun. I don't know why she is trying to exclude me from her reality."

And in real life, none of these women would be all that concerned about why Bethenny isn't there. But, because they are trying their best to be filmed with Bethenny, there is no organic getting to know each other, or just lightly socializing. It has to be A THING. Then, we the viewers are stuck with this Bethenny-centric theme. I know, the women were probably filmed doing tons of stuff that didn't involve Bethenny. But, why give life to a Bethenny story when she ISN'T there? Why then drum it up as a reason to "confront" Bethenny? All they are doing is giving the producers the thread they need to make the show center around Bethenny.

They could just as easily do what Bethenny is doing and simply not engage her or any conversation about her. But, they ALL want a piece of Bethenny and because of that we see stupid arguments about meatballs versus fish and nail polish trademarks. I see why Bethenny gets along with Dorinda. Dorinda isn't constantly in her grill trying to bond or call her out for not being open. She is just hanging out and not making things so serious.

It looks like Dorinda and Carole were both able to befriend Bethenny, because they simply had their own shit going on and didn't seem to care if Bethenny was around or not. I could see Bethenny appreciating that type of low maintenance acquaintance and it growing from there.

So when you go to work tomorrow and your coworker isn't there, just ignore it. When she's not there next week for 2 days, just ignore it. The following week when she's gone again for 4 days, just ignore it. Oh and then when you hear the reason she's not there is because she wanted to stay home to hang out with her kid instead, just ignore it. Oh and when you find out that she's being paid 10 times what you're getting, to do the same job, just ignore it. Whatever you do just don't dare talk about it to others or god forbid discuss it with her.

That's basically what everyone is suggesting. Because that would happen in real life right?

And hitting it off with Dorinda and Carol because of their laid back personalities is fine. But expecting others to change theirs to suit you is ridiculous. If you don't like someone don't speak to them. But you don't openly mock them like B tends to do week after week.

Edited by hottesthw
  • Love 18

Why the hell are these "women" going after Kristin?! It makes no sense as Kristin is not a real "threat" on the show.  It looks like these women called each other and had a plan.  I don't know what's going on with this show? It's too staged and they now made me a Damn Kristen fan! I don't like mean. 

Who does Beth think she is?! She is no better than anyone else on that show.  Her sense of entitlement and looking down on other's is just bizarre. 

I think this is the meanest and nastiest I have seen Sonja. It's really dissapointing

• Love 10
(edited)

Why the hell are these "women" going after Kristin?! It makes no sense as Kristin is not a real "threat" on the show. It looks like these women called each other and had a plan. I don't know what's going on with this show? It's too staged and they now made me a Damn Kristen fan! I don't like mean.

You are talking to someone who isnt a big Kristen fan. But damnit what did she do? She's hardly been on most of the season (hence that might be early signs of her not returning for next season). Now that she's on regularly in the second half of the season it seems like everyone is forcing a Kristen vs Beth. No one has the balls to take Bethenny on besides Heather. Thats gotten old so let's try Kristen. She seems "dumb" enough to take the bait. Yet it's a boring clash because Kristen is no fighter and Beth is talks over everyone with that motormouth of hers. You can't win edge wise. Not to mention everyone is trying to accommodate or try to be at least friendly so she won't go boohoo to Andy. It's weak. Now call me if Bethenny vs Dorinda happens Dorinda seems like she's a tough broad too. Beth won't try her as she has praised Dorinda a great deal interviews and blogs.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 10

THis ay be the problem.   bethenny-on-what-newer-housewives-dont-understand   Bethenny clearly doesn;t understand the show is not eight different tales being told - it is largely about these women as a group or how they interact. 

Unfortunately, this is true for the housewives shows in recent years. Perhaps Bethenny doesn't realize how the show itself changed. It was definitely more about getting a peak into their individual lives than the constant forced interactions.

So when you go to work tomorrow and your coworker isn't there, just ignore it. When she's not there next week for 2 days, just ignore it. The following week when she's gone again for 4 days, just ignore it. Oh and then when you hear the reason she's not there is because she wanted to stay home to hang out with her kid instead, just ignore it. Oh and when you find out that she's being paid 10 times what you're getting, to do the same job, just ignore it. Whatever you do just don't dare talk about it to others or god forbid discuss it with her.

That's basically what everyone is suggesting. Because that would happen in real life right?

And hitting it off with Dorinda and Carol because of their laid back personalities is fine. But expecting others to change theirs to suit you is ridiculous. If you don't like someone don't speak to them. But you don't openly mock them like B tends to do week after week.

Well, that does happen in my life. If a coworker misses work one day, two days, one month, whatever, it is just none of my business. My business is what I, myself, am getting paid to do. And if that coworker is getting paid a load more than I am for doing less than I am, it is still none of my business because it is something between TPTB and that coworker. Now, If am so bothered by it, I can take it up with TPTB and try to negotiate a better deal, try to make myself more indispensable in their eyes, or make sure my resume/Linkedin profile is up to speed and look for a job elsewhere like a mature adult. As for the scheduling for the trip, they scheduled things around to be able to do THEIR jobs. For Crissakes, they are getting PAID to go to T&C. I’m no fame whore, but how, when and where can I sign up? I wish that was MY job. Beth or nor Beth. Preferably, no Beth.

• Love 10

I agree bethanny is caught in the old mindset of individual narratives but also had the old mindset of teams...hence her attempts to exclude Heather (didn't go over well with Carole luann even Ramona tried to stick up for heather )...so Bethany moved onto to kristen.

Oddly I've noticed some people starting to warn to kristen due to this.

Only show still keeping the individual narratives to some extent is OC.

• Love 5

Oddly I've noticed some people starting to warn to kristen due to this.

Only show still keeping the individual narratives to some extent is OC.

I guess Kristin should be thankful. Poor thing is actually somewhat relevant now.

Maybe I should watch the OC again. Last time I watched it the Gretchen girl was hawking the Gretchen Cristine Butt-Uglay stuff.

I guess Kristin should be thankful. Poor thing is actually somewhat relevant now.

Maybe I should watch the OC again. Last time I watched it the Gretchen girl was hawking the Gretchen Cristine Butt-Uglay stuff.

Gretchen is no longer on the OC.

Word. Kirsten's story lines have been Ramona throwing a glass in her face, her husband being a dick to her, and Heather bossing her around. This is just kind of par for the course.

....but she's pretty!!!!

• Love 3

Kristen's Job is to be a foil on the show. Originally she was brought on a sidekick for Heather who dropped her in favor of Carole. Doritos came on much the same way to be a foil for Ramona so she had someone to film with and be her "friend." What Kristen has failed at is making friends with the other women in such a way as to secure her spot. She needs to partner up with someone like Luann and she is making moves in that direction. She would be smart to take Luann's side in the upcoming brawl in T&C. Because Heather sure doesn't have her back.

Time to switch sides.

• Love 10

I don't think Kristen possesses the social canniness to realize that Heather won't prioritize her interests unless it's beneficial to Heather. That's why she makes a good Gretchen Wieners/Heather McNamara; after all, her brief rebellion against Heather's edicts concluded with her apologizing to Heather in Montana. She would do well to support LuAnn but I don't see it happening very vocally; if she does, I'll be pleasantly surprised . . . As for the exchanges depicted in the First Look, I feel like I'm watching a different show than a lot of posters. "What did Kristen do?" Well, she came for Bethenny at AOA in a snide and obnoxious fashion (even if she wants to retcon that and say that she was being "nice"). She was so thirsty for conflict she tried to elbow LuAnn out of her way. So . . . now she has the dispute she wanted! Ergo, it must be her cue to express shock and aggrievement. Once you get past the refinement/crudity dichotomy, she really is actually very reminiscent of Brandi Glenville in the MO of lobbing jabs and then subsequently playing "poor me" once her instigations garner unpleasant responses.

• Love 6

Really. Bethenny entered the party and greeted EVERYONE with the requisite air kiss-compliment combo. I am reminded of Nene, who enters every room with a sneer for the gathering and specific snubs or dismissals for each cast member. Bethenny was cordial to all and the first thing is "the trip."

Wanting it out of the way, she explains rapidly and, in speaking of this, she relives the pain of being unable to provide a coherent life for her child. So she retreats (in my mind, hoping the cameras will not follow), collects herself, returns and heavy handed Heather, with her Neanderthal smile, jumps into the role of "making it all better."

You can't, so shut up. Who died and made you Mother Teresa?

It's impossible for me to say, categorically, that Bethenny had a plan, what that plan is, her friendship with Andy and so forth. So I just look at what happens and what she does. She hasn't been rude, she snarks in asides, but walking away from an argument when you have just been seated and listening is not "rude." She excused herself and left. Appropriate adult behavior, imo.

"Good day, sir! I said good day!"

These women are all tugging at her sleeve. Don't know why, but they are. So she swipes at em like bugs sometime. They're bugging her.

• Love 9

I guess I see it differently. If anyone is like Brandy it is Bethenny. She is foul mouthed, insecure and basically either mocking or fighting with everyone. Her talking heads are a toxic brew that spares no one.

Kristen is not equipped to see where her best interests lie. She is the only one I see doing something "nice" for the other girls. She apologized and complimented Sonja. She helped Luann by modeling for her and praised her line while Ramona and Sonja dissed it like the nasty snobs they are in real life. She is too invested in befriending Bethenny which is like trying to pet a snake. She is in a box and needs to think outside of it if she wants to remain a housewives.

Kristen reminds me of Joyce on Beverly Hills. She might suffer the same fate this year.

• Love 12

They are treating Bethenny in the same way as they treated Lisa Vanderpump on her show. The outliers suck up to them to get invites and screen time. Kristen's play is to back up Luann and stick up for Sonja even if she doesn't mean it. She needs to not join the pile on like she did with Aviva last year. Why be the third voice in the chorus when you can chart your own course.

• Love 6
(edited)

For the most part I don't mind Kristin, but she was trying to have her big O moment at AOA and B saw it coming. I don't think Bethenny was OTT explaining to Kristin what she perceived happening at AOA. Kristin wasn't mugged, B just denied her HW petty quarrel camera time.

ETA: changed the word she to Bethenny for clarity.

Edited by Grneyedldy
  • Love 7

I guess I see it differently. If anyone is like Brandy it is Bethenny. She is foul mouthed, insecure and basically either mocking or fighting with everyone. Her talking heads are a toxic brew that spares no one.

Kristen is not equipped to see where her best interests lie. She is the only one I see doing something "nice" for the other girls. She apologized and complimented Sonja. She helped Luann by modeling for her and praised her line while Ramona and Sonja dissed it like the nasty snobs they are in real life. She is too invested in befriending Bethenny which is like trying to pet a snake. She is in a box and needs to think outside of it if she wants to remain a housewives.

Kristen reminds me of Joyce on Beverly Hills. She might suffer the same fate this year.

This whole post show get a 1M upvotes.

I still can't believe Kristen and Brandi are good friends. But weirder shit has happened.

• Love 5

Oh, I can see how Brandi and Kristen are friends due to their history. It seems like they were much closer as young, single models, pre-reality fame/infamy. I think when you live on opposite coasts, it's easier to maintain the friends-via-history facade since you aren't active in the other person's day-to-day life.

I agree with the posters above who think Kristen probably lacks the social savvy to out maneuver the other HWs machinations. I'll be curious to see what happens with her in the latter half of the season. One, because everyone pretty much agrees that her lack of involvement in the first few episodes could be an early sign of her exit next season. And two, because all the rumors/reports we heard about the cast during filming seem to be coming true (Bethenny was distant, her lack of involvement upset the other women, then she started to make nice)... one of the last reports I recall reading was that, by season's end, Bethenny was friendly with everyone (including Heather). Except Kristen.

• Love 6

I have never been a fan of Bethenny so I don't think I'm biased in her favor (although I may be biased against Kristen due to her behavior last year), but I didn't see anything extra about Bethenny's remarks in this scene. She explained - without raising her voice - why she interpreted Kristen's approach to her as aggressive. Kristen just elected to be deliberately obtuse. "I'm damned if I do, damned if I dont!" Well, no, Bethenny suggested you come talk to her . . . just calmly, without sneering, and initiating the one-on-ones for which she is so desperate without snotty openers like, "I'm so glad you have time to Google me." Kristen evidently can criticize John in Dorinda's home and totally ignore the nuances of consent within that exchange; castigate her husband for never "bringing home flowers"; and aggressively pursue contentiousness with her cast mates. Yet if anyone responds to her unpleasantly in turn, it's "rude," "mugging," "crazy," etc. If Bethenny disengages and declines to escalate, she's demeaning Kristen. If she specifically tells Kristen why she disengaged sans screaming or histrionics, she's assaulting her. This is not to say that Bethenny doesn't have plenty of poor-me moments herself, but in this particular dynamic (and, well, most of her other relationships that we've seen), Kristen appears to really fetishize victimhood . . . I personally don't really see the similarities between her and Joyce (though I do between B and Brandi). Joyce actually was a victim of extended racial hazing and she stood up to it alone without the whining that typifies Kristen for me. But MMV.

• Love 8

Oh, I can see how Brandi and Kristen are friends due to their history. It seems like they were much closer as young, single models, pre-reality fame/infamy. I think when you live on opposite coasts, it's easier to maintain the friends-via-history facade since you aren't active in the other person's day-to-day life.

I agree with the posters above who think Kristen probably lacks the social savvy to out maneuver the other HWs machinations. I'll be curious to see what happens with her in the latter half of the season. One, because everyone pretty much agrees that her lack of involvement in the first few episodes could be an early sign of her exit next season. And two, because all the rumors/reports we heard about the cast during filming seem to be coming true (Bethenny was distant, her lack of involvement upset the other women, then she started to make nice)... one of the last reports I recall reading was that, by season's end, Bethenny was friendly with everyone (including Heather). Except Kristen.

Has Kristen sent out anything on Twitter about her good friend Brandi's demise on BH?

My thoughts on the RH ladies this year. At the time every single one of them knew there would be 8 NY HW's, I think they all were strategizing. 8 HW's that's too much, someone if not 2 will be let go at the end of the season. I picture Carole and Heather brainstorming together...they will stand up for the other. Sonja and Ramona are close but they each have their own issues they are dealing with. Kristen might have thought she had the support of Carole and Heather but if push came to shove Carole would choose Heather over Kristen and Heather would choose Carole over Kristen. I think all of the ladies are trying to protect their future "position" for next season. If this were Survivor, I think those white pieces of paper would have Kristen's name on it.

In the voice of Anne Robinson "Kristen, you are the weakest link, bye bye"

• Love 3

It is not a perfect analogy but I think Kristen is to Bethenny as Joyce was to Lisa Vanderpump. They both tried to cozy up with the star of the show to be relevant and get face time. Lisa originally shunned Joyce and only warmed up to her after everyone else turned against her. When Lisa could use Joyce against Brandi she suddenly became friendly.

Unfortunately Bethenny has Satan Andy so she doesn't need a friend and Kristen is boxed out. Heather dropped her like a bad habit and was basically always contemptuous of her as she was at the run or in the dude ranch. Carole and Ramona are using her to start stuff with Bethenny and then sneak away while butter won't melt in their mouth. She needs to buddy up with Luann to have a worthwhile ally at the reunion.

Somehow I don't think she is smart enough to see it.

• Love 3

I still feel, even with the smallest bit in me, Bethenny not liking Kristen has a lot to do with Brandi not liking Kyle. I do recall Kyle claim she talked to Bethenny when RHONY was filming on the unseen reunion clips. Probably sharing sob tales about how people in the cast don't get them or don't like them and exchanging tips how to get out of sticky situations and putting out fires. Then Brandi even said in one interviews she gave some advice how Kristen should handle Bethenny. I wouldn't trust Brandi's advice if I were Kristen and thusfar what we see on screen she hasn't done anything malicious and violent. I just find it odd Kristen vs Beth is getting airtime now and being forced down our throats like it were Brandi vs Kyle.

• Love 4
(edited)

I think this is karmic retribution on Kristen because of how she treated Aviva last year. Kristen was the most vociferous in bashing Aviva for missing the trip. She slammed her non-stop and looked to everyone for validation which she got because everyone hates Aviva. Now when she does the same thing to Bethenny she turns around and she is all alone.

I know she can't read but she might have heard that Mr. Orwell has been quoted as writing that some pigs are more equal than others.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 4

Really. Bethenny entered the party and greeted EVERYONE with the requisite air kiss-compliment combo. I am reminded of Nene, who enters every room with a sneer for the gathering and specific snubs or dismissals for each cast member. Bethenny was cordial to all and the first thing is "the trip."

Wanting it out of the way, she explains rapidly and, in speaking of this, she relives the pain of being unable to provide a coherent life for her child. So she retreats (in my mind, hoping the cameras will not follow), collects herself, returns and heavy handed Heather, with her Neanderthal smile, jumps into the role of "making it all better."

You can't, so shut up. Who died and made you Mother Teresa?

It's impossible for me to say, categorically, that Bethenny had a plan, what that plan is, her friendship with Andy and so forth. So I just look at what happens and what she does. She hasn't been rude, she snarks in asides, but walking away from an argument when you have just been seated and listening is not "rude." She excused herself and left. Appropriate adult behavior, imo.

"Good day, sir! I said good day!"

These women are all tugging at her sleeve. Don't know why, but they are. So she swipes at em like bugs sometime. They're bugging her.

well to be fair you are posting on what happened on last weeks episode and this "Sneak Peek" is a whole different ballgame.  They set it up for Kristen to be yelled at by 3 different ladies at the cover party for LuAnn.  It's not nice and it's very low class...Beth shows she does NOT come from $$$ thus this sense that she is some sort of A list celeb who is doing Andy a favor by stopping in and snarking at everyone. Really to be fair I don't even see A- listers treat people the way Beth does.  If I wanted to see falseness and self-inflated egos I would watch RHOA.

• Love 4
(edited)

What a ignorant ass.

I agree! If she wants to be that nasty and hit below the belt like that why don't we talk about how she has worn the same cocktail dresses for the past 3 seasons to different events and has been photographed in them,her old Oscar de la Renta blouse she wears in her TH-she wore last year on a date w/Harry.  What a faux pas! How would she like it if Lu stated this info in front of millions to see? She would deserve it, though.

Edited by BeachyMum
  • Love 3
(edited)

I still feel, even with the smallest bit in me, Bethenny not liking Kristen has a lot to do with Brandi not liking Kyle. I do recall Kyle claim she talked to Bethenny when RHONY was filming on the unseen reunion clips. Probably sharing sob tales about how people in the cast don't get them or don't like them and exchanging tips how to get out of sticky situations and putting out fires. Then Brandi even said in one interviews she gave some advice how Kristen should handle Bethenny. I wouldn't trust Brandi's advice if I were Kristen and thusfar what we see on screen she hasn't done anything malicious and violent. I just find it odd Kristen vs Beth is getting airtime now and being forced down our throats like it were Brandi vs Kyle.

Eh. I think that's giving Brandi too much power/relevance. And to Kyle's credit, I don't really think she's the type of person that buys too much into "guilt by association." If anything, I'd say that's more of a Vanderpump thing.

I haven't always been a fan of hers, but one thing I do like about Kyle is that she is unafraid of forming her own opinions about people and isn't easily swayed by peer pressure when it comes to who she likes and dislikes. She still backs unpopular wives/friends of like Taylor and TMC Faye Resnick, when she knows full well how unpopular they have been with viewers.

Kristen and Brandi are two clearly different people, and I'd like to think Kyle is smart enough to realize that.

Honestly, I just think Kristen is the easiest target of Bethenny's ire because she's the lowest hanging fruit. She's not an old school HW (Sonja, Ramona, Luann), and she's not well-connected like Carole (BFFs with Andy), nor is she an Alpha like Heather. That leaves Dorinda or Kristen for B to lock horns with, and well, when you're not the most articulate or quick-witted and your tagline has been, "I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm pretty" who do YOU think Bethenny is gonna have more of a problem with? ;-)

Edited by KFC
  • Love 5
(edited)

don't really think she's the type of person that buys too much into "guilt by association." If anything, I'd say that's more of a Vanderpump thing.

Say what... You forget Kyle's circle is Faye and Kardashians... all people connected to OJ. Thats enough gulit by association for me.

I guess my point don't be so quick to give Kyle the halo. No housewife. Especially ones that have 25 year history like she and Bethenny.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

But that's my point: Kyle doesn't care who is tied to whom. She doesn't write people off as guilty by association just because they might be/have been involved with someone unsavory.

So I'm not really giving Kyle a halo. I'm just saying I don't really think Kyle's dislike of Brandi was that much of a factor in why Bethenny and Kristen don't get along.

• Love 7

Say what... You forget Kyle's circle is Faye and Kardashians... all people connected to OJ. Thats enough gulit by association for me.

I guess my point don't be so quick to give Kyle the halo. No housewife. Especially ones that have 25 year history like she and Bethenny.

Those people were connected to the victim at the time of her death not OJ.  Kris Jenner and just returned from a trip with Nicole Simpson, Faye was friends with Nicole.  I don't recall hearing or reading anything about Kyle being connected to OJ or even Nicole.  Heck Bethenny was working for the Hiltons pretty close to the time Nicole was murdered. 

Bethenny and Kyle have known each other 23 years not necessarily BFFs.  They reconnected when Kyle went on RHOBH.   The Bethenny working for the Hiltons didn't come out until after RHOBH started.  We slowly learned of yet another chapter in Bethenny's past.

As much as I would like to blame Brandi I think it has more to do with the fact that Kristen  just isn't memorable or entertaining for Bethenny.  She is also younger and prettier, has a husband who is splitting at the seams to help Kristen brand something.  I do think Brandi has probably tried to coach her on how to keep her apple and how to get more screen time.  To me, Kristen comes off desperate and clumsy when she wants to continue a conversation when the other person has stopped.  The most glaring example was during Ramona's apology and Kristen sitting there hammering her about having a drinking problem.  Kristen is holding on to that glass throwing incident like a life line.  So Bethenny being a quick study just doesn't want to give Kristen an opening.

• Love 6
(edited)

We will just have to agree to disgree.

Kyle's name might have not been linked up the same way as the Faye and the Kardashians. But rumor has it she and Kim went to many OJ trial parties too. Again you are the company that you keep.

JMO.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

But what on earth does Kyle Richards' choice of friends have to do with whether or not Bethenny and Kristen get along?

I don't think anyone else here was trying to debate you on the merits of Kyle's friends. That's just really irrelevant to the Bethenny/Kristen spat and is veering way off subject. The original point was simply that Kyle's dislike of Brandi probably has very little to do with Bethenny and Kristen not getting along. 

Sure we can all speculate till Kim Richards decides to open a halfway house, but linking Brandi Glanville to a Bethenny/Kristen spat just seems like such a reach when there's so many obvious (and on camera, no less) explanations for why those two aren't BFFs. And quite frankly, I don't think Brandi's that powerful or relevant enough to cause friction among the RHONY set.

• Love 5

Why are we talking about Kyle and Brandi on the NY thread?

LOL, it was because Kyle/Bethenny and Kristen/Brandi are close friends and it was Kyle verses Brandi on BH and now it is Bethenny verses Kristen on NY.  There could be some connection/influence from the BH HWs to their respective NY HW friends that has had an impact on how the 2 NY HW react to each other. LOL

• Love 3

LOL, it was because Kyle/Bethenny and Kristen/Brandi are close friends and it was Kyle verses Brandi on BH and now it is Bethenny verses Kristen on NY.  There could be some connection/influence from the BH HWs to their respective NY HW friends that has had an impact on how the 2 NY HW react to each other. LOL

Apologies in advance wirewrap...I was trying to reply to your quote and I somehow ended up on your profile page...what the heck?

Kristen is really good friends with Brandi G?

Has she sent out any support tweets to Brandi about her not returning to BH for the next season?