PRIMETIMER
susannot

The Annual Primetime Emmys Topic

Just now, Luvzmutt said:

This bit with burning the envelope is NOT funny

Not with the California wild fires.

How tone deaf can you be.

• Like 8

It's good for them to have to cope with something new and make some changes and innovation. So far there's some good things I loved the hand sanitizer gel visual joke.

• Like 1

I don't think I can take much more of this.  The yelling across the stage was stupid -- they both have microphones for god's sake. 

Agreed that the fire bit, especially when it wouldn't stop burning, was NOT funny in the least.

• Like 1

Oh man, wins like O'Hara's would be some much sweeter with that live audience. They would be going crazy and probably a standing O. I sure was clapping and wooing!

Edited by Valny
  • Like 8

Just now, vb68 said:

Haha, I just realized it's much harder to get played off from remote locations.

Probably easier -- they can just mute the speaker and turn off the video.

• Like 1

When the stage hand is telling them that the envelope is STILL BURNING...well, it sets the tone of the dumpster fire this show will be, which Kimmel will embrace. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

It also doesn’t help my viewing pleasure that I’m not a Jimmy Kimmel fan.  Can’t take much of this.  

But huge yay for Catherine O’Hara.  And now Eugene Levy!!!!!  I’ve loved that duo for a long, long time through Christopher Guest days and now the magic of Schitt’s Creek.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Just now, thuganomics85 said:

And it's Eugene Levy for Best Comedy Actor.  Have a feeling Schitt's Creek is going to have a hell of a night!

From every article I've read, Schitt's Creek is definitely the favorite. The show deserves the accolades!

• Like 6

Good luck to all of you who manage to endure the whole night.  I'm happy for Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy, but I can't take Jimmy Kimmel any more.  I feel like this is a concept that can work, but maybe with a different host.  

• Like 3

Dan Levy's win and his giving props to Issa Rae and Insecure makes me heart him even more. That and his outfit.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Like 12

10 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Even funnier would've been if he  ran to the window and yelled "NOOOO!! Come back, Shaaaannneee!!"

Edited by DollEyes
  • Laugh 4

saoirse

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.