Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

Yes for Amazing Race!  (It is amazing)

Oh, great, we got to see Julia Roberts' dress again. What was she thinking? 

I don't need a curved screen, but that is a great commercial.  "It's perfect."  Thank you, Field of Dreams!

Way to call out the movie stars and crap on all the subpar television nominees.  Julia Robert's category after the break. jeez.

I noticed earlier that they promo-ed "Bryan Cranston in 9 minutes" and thought...WTF.  Are they gonna do that all evening?

So a nit that I remember picking in years past rears its ugly head again. I hate! the way the overhead announcer lady pronounces Emmy. The name I go by (and also the name on my birth certificate) is Emmy and I pronounce it with a soft E sound at the beginning. I swear this lady is pronouncing it with a soft I sound, Immy. Sorry but it bugs!

On the Australian broadcast they started the Julia Roberts thing and suddenly cut to commercial. I guess we're lucky.

He's just going to be one of those guys who keeps winning the award over and over again.

Like Steve Carell while The Office was on.

No wait, he never won.

• Love 1

Is it wrong to think "I want to hit it with Bryan Cranston?" No? Good.

I love you Amazing race, but that was not worth an Emmy win.

billy on the street was a riot. I howled at the "I love (Orange Is the New Black) but I'm not a lesbian."

• Love 2

I can't be the only one secretly hoping Matt LeBlanc would re-enact Joey losing the soap award when he lost to Parsons?  

And Amy Poehler not having won for Parks yet is criminal.  

• Love 2

Well, I was pulling for Allison Tolman, but I will take Kathy Bates over Julia Roberts, any day of the week!

Sherlock won the writing Emmy?!  I mean, I find the show enjoyable, but better written the The Normal Heart or Fargo? Not sure about that...

• Love 1

"Thank you so much -- this is utterly thrilling."  Thank YOU, Sherlock writer, for a pithy acceptance speech! 

I hate to admit this but I was annoyed he didn't make a dig at Big Bang Cast for not knowing what a TARDIS is, but no one but me would have got it.

• Love 1

They went straight from the Julia Roberts loss to an ad she does the voiceover for.

Folks, it's been a blast as always. I have to detach from the computer or I won't get to sleep until it's time to get up. I look forward to catching up on all of your posts tomorrow.

How did Julia Roberts lose? Also, it would have been hilarious if Ellen Burstyn took home an award for FITA.

Hilarious would have been one word for it :-)

I would like to thank my entire cast for giving such honest, nuanced, and truthful performances. The emotions you were able to tap into really taught me something and helped enhance my own performance. I would like to thank the writers for their beautifully written dialogue which conveyed so much. ;)

• Love 3

'Night, ABay!  Colbert is killing it, even though I don't like the concept. 

Wow, "The Normal Heart" has its own category!  And it lost!  To someone who had better things to do! 

• Love 4

Stephen I adore you, but not loving the bit. Also, not sure if I am following you to CBS. Just putting it out there.

Martin Freeman! Yay! 

Maybe The Normal Heart voters hate Glee. I am a bit surprised that they have won so little.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 2