Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

I liked Michael Keaton's speech. A nice and succinct tribute to television and his family. I hope more people with an interest in the arts have that kind of support system and that those of us with loved ones interested in the arts can be that kind of support system.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
36 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

Who’s the non Laverne red carpet host? She’s very natural. Her interviews are fun to watch in comparison to Laverne just squealing I love you, you’re gorgeous at whoever is there. 

I agree with you.  She was relaxed and fun.  Can’t remember her name, but her initials were LL.

Did not care for the cone breasts on Laverne’s dress.

• Love 2

MATTHEW! He was the Succession actor I wanted to win the most.  I would have been fine with one of the squids but this good too.

Tom got to own the younger Roys and the Emmys.

Edited by kittykat
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Who can read lips?  What did he say?

16 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

What did he say that got bleeped?

I can't read lips but I think it was "I fuckin' love you" or "I fuckin' thank you."  Anyway, I'm pretty sure it was the "f" word followed by something else.

• Love 1

Seriously bummed for Rhea Seehorn.  At least Ozark's done, so maybe she'll have a better shot next year.

What on earth are they doing with the speeches at the bottom?  Not that Michael Keaton didn't deserve it, but there wasn't anyone playing him off.

Edited by wallflower75
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, kittykat said:

Eh Garners won before thought Jung Ho-Yeon had that one locked.

I actually don't see the Squid Game actors repeating the success we saw earlier this year at SAG and the Critics Choice. I don't think Lee Jung-jae is winning either. 

• Useful 1
Just now, thuganomics85 said:

From what I heard, the first half of the final season is up now, but the final half is eligible for next year.

Yeah.  I forget exactly when the cutoff for a season is--end of June, maybe?  The second half of the final season of Better Call Saul aired in August, so it'll be eligible next year.

• Love 1
Just now, truthaboutluv said:

I actually don't see the Squid Game actors repeating the success we saw earlier this year at SAG and the Critics Choice. I don't think Lee Jung-jae is winning either. 

Yeah unfortunately the show is a year removed at this point so it's probably lost most of its momentum especially with recent seasons of Saul and Stranger Things dominating press.  I'm calling Adam Scott as the dark horse in the lead actor race.

• Like 1

Delighted for Sheryl but I just can’t with all the over dramatics and earnestness of her winning. 

Just take the award, say your thanks and get off the stage. I can’t deal with the fucking life lessons and standing ovation from ever asslick in the audience who’s secretly rolling their eyes as much as I am. 

Edited by Avabelle
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 5