Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

I'm not denying that Vanessa and Shelli are playing good games but lets pump the brakes on anointing them as All-Star worthy. We haven't even seen how they play when they're not in power. I actually think Vanessa is better off, but Shelli I'm not so sure. I could see her losing it if she was ever nominated with Clay.

Oh, definitely. Remember, Vanessa was pretty much on the outside of everything for the first two weeks of broadcast, and (with the occasional exception of Austin and maybe Steve) considered a loner. Relatively speaking, I'd say she's improved her position dramatically.

Shelli, on the other hand, has always had a foot in the HoH thus far this season, so we have absolutely no idea how she would cope with being on the Outside. Shelli might fold, or she might go all Steel Magnolias on the House. Either option has definite entertainment potential. :)

I didn't hear it, but according to Jokers, James said they're wearing athletic gear tonight. PLEASE be endurance! I wonder if it will be a shortened endurance like the slippery one. It can be long, but has an end in sight.

Could this be an early end to 2HoH!?!?

Unfortunately, I don't think either God or Grodner likes us enough for that.

For those who are cancelling their feeds, don't forget that you can watch every past season of Big Brother and Survivor with your subscription. I am currently watching the one season of Survivor I missed when it aired. It makes me feel like I'm not wasting 6 bucks a month on this silliness.

• Love 3
(edited)

Watching a Vanessa/Steve conversation from early morning, and Steve was talking about how nervous he is for when Meg, James, and Jackie are all gone. Vanessa tried to make him understand that it'll be Clay/Shelli, Austin/Liz, Liz/Julia, and Becky/John all as perceived pairs, and then it'll be Steve and Vanessa watching the bloodshed from the side. It was interesting to see her vision of her long-term plan.

It was also just a great conversation, generally speaking. A lot of talk about strategy, but also a lot of social stuff, and he asked for advice on how to improve his social game and she tried to help him out. I think Vanessa genuinely likes Steve as a person and wants to see him do well. There were also some moments where I did feel pretty bad for Steve, when he was talking about a moment when he knew the Backyard Crew was making fun of him. (if anyone didn't see it, the whole convo is from around 3am-4am on Cams 1/2)

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 7
(edited)

For those who are cancelling their feeds, don't forget that you can watch every past season of Big Brother and Survivor with your subscription.

LOL, okay, CBS employee. I already watched every season of Big Brother and Survivor. Even though it's only $6 bucks, it's $6 bucks I could spend on something of actual value to me. Right now, the only entertainment I'm getting is from these discussions, which cost $0 bucks.

Edited by Liqidclark
  • Love 2

Vanessa graduated HS with a 4.0 GPA, graduated Duke in 2.5 years - the shortest time in the history of Duke, and was in the top 5% of her class in law school so safe to say that Vanessa is very smart.

Being able to graduate college quickly is less about being smart and more about being able to finagle a stack of courses that will get you around the usual red tape (e.g. course prerequisites) and let you CLEP as much as you can, while still qualifying for a degree.

• Love 3

James has Meg pegged as this season's Victoria...

James: You think Clay and Shelli are really gonna let you get put up on the block?
Meg: Why are we assuming they're going to win?
James: It doesn't matter. They have had a hand in every eviction since they've been here. Except mine.
Meg: That's true.
James: They're gonna be like, "Noooooo, we wanna keep Meg. She's gonna be our little pet." And they're gonna get us two out [points to himself and Jackie].
Meg: Oh my god, stop!
James: They've got big plans for you Meg.
Meg: That's insulting.

• Love 10

James has Meg pegged as this season's Victoria...

James: You think Clay and Shelli are really gonna let you get put up on the block?

Meg: Why are we assuming they're going to win?

James: It doesn't matter. They have had a hand in every eviction since they've been here. Except mine.

Ohhh, so close, James, so close... granted it may have been Jason and Audrey in your face up in the HOH room - but who do you think Audrey was coordinating with...?

Pay no attention to the blonde behind the curtain...

These are not the HGs you are looking for....

The guy behind the stunts already made a comment about how any endurance that they'll possibly do will have to fit in with BotB this week, so we're still stuck with the awful BotB. Two of James, Meg and Jackie have to win and that seems highly unlikely. 

We'll have eleven HGs competing for HoH with Julia coming in the house, so it can't be anything paired. Two heats of a puzzle comp? Keg stacking? 

I can't wait for an endurance. Though with everyone throwing HoH comps the way they have been, endurance would be over very very quickly if it isn't a sliding/fill the bowl one. And even then I would expect James to park his ass on the side and just watch.

• Love 1

I didn't hear it, but according to Jokers, James said they're wearing athletic gear tonight. PLEASE be endurance! I wonder if it will be a shortened endurance like the slippery one. It can be long, but has an end in sight.

I hope it's not that one. Clay will win.

If Vanessa and Shelli would stop acting all sad about playing the game/being so fake and actually own up to their game play then I could see myself liking them. Shelli more so than Vanessa. But I know they never will so I'll never like them.

• Love 1

We'll have eleven HGs competing for HoH with Julia coming in the house, so it can't be anything paired. Two heats of a puzzle comp? Keg stacking?

I can't wait for an endurance. Though with everyone throwing HoH comps the way they have been, endurance would be over very very quickly if it isn't a sliding/fill the bowl one. And even then I would expect James to park his ass on the side and just watch.

I'm pretty sure no one except maybe John will be throwing this comp.

Yeah, if it is an endurance HoH, then I rather wish they'd saved it for later in the game when people actually want to be HoH.  Right now it is being treated like a big, toxic hot potato.  They'll all probably throw it, leaving co-HoH to Shelli and Clay.  BOOOoooooring...

I agree with SiobhanJW, I think almost everyone will be trying for HOH this week. Of course John will not. And I fee; pretty sure Steve won't either. But every other person 100% will.

But if it's that 'running back and forth to fill a bucket' one it won't even matter because over half of them have no chance at that anyway. Clay and Becky would probably win. Maybe Shelli and Jackie would have a shot.

I assume Julia will get to compete for herself if they bring her in during the live show. She'd be interesting to see as HOH, though she may not want to call that much attention to herself in her first official week. I wonder if she'd dare put up Austin to free Liz?

This week, I expect almost everyone to fight for it but I don't think we'll see the sliding comp until BotB is over, so it'll be a bit of a wait anyway. I don't think we'll get a true endurance until then. If James is still kicking around the house that week, you never know. The best part of him throwing comps is that he makes it so bleedingly obvious that I would totally expect him to take a seat and just watch. 

I just want something to shake up the main alliance for one victory moment before the people on the fringes get picked off one by one and then Sixth Sense starts to eat its own. Is that too much to ask for? (It's BB, so I already know the answer is yes.) 

• Love 1
(edited)

I just want something to shake up the main alliance for one victory moment before the people on the fringes get picked off one by one and then Sixth Sense starts to eat its own. Is that too much to ask for? (It's BB, so I already know the answer is yes.) 

That's literally all I'm asking for, too. I just want one damn week where Vanessa, Shelli, and their cronies are powerless and in trouble. ONE WEEK! That's it! Ugh.

But Callaphera is right, we won't see an endurance of any type until BOB is over. Which will be at like F8, I assume. I think that's when it was last season.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

That's literally all I'm asking for, too. I just want one damn week where Vanessa, Shelli, and their cronies are powerless and in trouble. ONE WEEK! That's it! Ugh.

Yeah, I agree. I don't like Jackie, Meg, James or Becky much, but even I need them to win for a shake up. I think Julia and Steve, the two I'm most worried about, will be safe. I'm hoping the group targets Shelli/Clay and Austin/Vanessa with one of those four as the target, with hopefully Clay leaving (or Austin). Ideally, if the others put up Austin/Clay and Shelli/Vanessa, that would probably ensure one of the men going home, which would be absolutely perfect. That is my ideal week, but of course it won't happen. Watch the HOHs be Clay and Shelli. Blech. 

Currently the feed watchers get to vote on the game changing option of the house guests playing spin the bottle or telling ghost stories. Naturally I picked spin the bottle because I want Austin to have to watch Liz kiss the other house guests.

• Love 12

And have Shelli do the same! I can see her breaking her own alliance if Julia kissed Clay, even in a dumb game. *

*by dumb game I mean spin the bottle not Big Brother, though same statement applies.

• Love 6
(edited)

Oops, posted too soon.

EDITED TO ADD NOW THAT IT IS THE CORRECT TIME TO POST THINGS:

Woohoo! The HoH designer totally faked everyone out (myself included)! Awesome! And what a cool HoH endurance comp! They're flat out HURTING them! This is nuts!

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 8

I think Jackie and James actually have a really good shot at winning this HOH. Clay and Austin's body weight and foot size will work against them.

• Love 2

Holy shit! Someone in charge actually figured out the the BOB sucked ass! And that we love true endurance challenges! I am on cloud nine right now, folks. And might have actually cackled with glee about them being knocked in the chest by some random ass bird. Now just for the feeds to come back.......

• Love 12
(edited)

Unless they start making things more intense, this competition could go a long time.

EtA: As soon as I posted that, they started going faster with a bigger incline, so.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1
(edited)

Hopefully!

The only bad thing about watching the live feeds with headphones is that when they accidentally bring up Jeff highlights instead of fish, it just blares in your ears.

Meg: "Wow. Why do I suck at this?" She's definitely my pick for first out.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1

Really good episode. This should be a great challenge. Of course, I could have done without Clay & Shelli being placed next to,each other. LOL!!! Some of themguys were smart to wear long sleeves or hoodies. All the girls were dumb to be just wearing sport bras. Not that they would,have known it was going to be a endurance comp but they should have realized by this stage in the game. C'mon! Meg, Jackie or James.

Now they're getting splattered with paint. The women are bitching about the eagles, because they say they either have to take them in the boobs or in the face, while the men can just take a hit to the chest. I can't imagine that's much fun.

At this rate this could last forever.  None of the tilts or other hazards seem that jarring. 

But haven't these type of endurance comps, in the past, gotten progressively harder as the comp has worn on?

(edited)

Both of the twins are looking really uncomfortable.  Jackie, otoh, may be my pick to win just from the early body language, and the fact that she's a dancer.  She looks really calm.  Now watch her be the first off!  ;-) 

Edited by Thalia
(edited)

Austin looks like he's in serious pain already. I caught him shaking out his hands a few times, too.

Unfortunately, Shelli is like a rock.

One twin looks like she's either going to cry or hurl.

Edited by Callaphera

This might be one of those comps where no one wants to be the first out, but once that first person is done, the pain and discomfort get a lot harder to tolerate. James, Jackie, Shellie and Liz I think could both do well AND want this. Guys with big feet tend to not do well so Austin and Clay could be in trouble. John doesn't want it, and no matter what he tells Vanessa, I don't think Steve wants it. Becky I just don't see winning, Julie I don't know what she's thinking.

• Love 2

I was excited to watch the feeds tonight just to see Julia interact with everyone now that she can be herself, but then Julie said BotB was ending and I literally shrieked. Now I just really need Jackie to win and I will be doing a victory dance in the living room. Or at least someone on that side, but Jackie is my best hope.

Tonight has been so much better than I could have hoped. Please don't fail me now, BB gods.

• Love 4