Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

(edited)

This game is so much lighter and calm since the Audrey paranoia is gone.

I was afraid this would happen.

I love that Steve is the #2 target for this week. He doesn't entertain me at all, it's actually painful for me to watch him. And his game is terrible. Basically he's just Vanessa's lapdog and I hate Vanessa so. 

I'm so happy that this week will most likely end in someone that is loyal to Vanessa getting booted.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I also find Steve painful.  I want to like him, but I do not.  The way he acts on the live shows makes me super uncomfortable for a reason I cannot quite put my finger on.  I am a scientist so I both am and am around nerdy awkward people all day, but something about Steve I cannot figure out.  It's like he's not actually medically unaware of how people react to other people, and yet he's completely oblivious.  His "Hi Julie!!!" in the diary room make me cringe in a way that others' idiotic voting behavior does not.

• Love 7
(edited)

I was afraid this would happen.

I love that Steve is the #2 target for this week. He doesn't entertain me at all, it's actually painful for me to watch him. And his game is terrible. Basically he's just Vanessa's lapdog and I hate Vanessa so.

I'm so happy that this week will most likely end in someone that is loyal to Vanessa getting booted.

I disagree eith you. Vanessa is making sure he stays off the block While Shlay and Jackie wants to bd him. Nessa cant reveal she has an alliance with him to the Dark Moon or shes fucked.

To me, this is Vanessa's game to lose. And personally this would be the kind of game Audrey should had played.

This should be an easy and amusing week so as long as the new rat James doesn't break. I don't trust his ass. Not one bit.

I also find Steve painful. I want to like him, but I do not. The way he acts on the live shows makes me super uncomfortable for a reason I cannot quite put my finger on. I am a scientist so I both am and am around nerdy awkward people all day, but something about Steve I cannot figure out. It's like he's not actually medically unaware of how people react to other people, and yet he's completely oblivious. His "Hi Julie!!!" in the diary room make me cringe in a way that others' idiotic voting behavior does not.

Steve will win when his ass is on the line like previous players in the past like Dan, Elissa and Evel. I think he doesn't want to come off as a compwhore because then people will call him Ian Terry Jr. Then his target will grow times ten. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm once again torn on how I want a week to go. Apparently the plan is for Jackie to nom Liz/James with James throwing BOB and Vanessa to nom Clay/Becky. On the one hand it would be amazing imo for Liz to single-handedly win the BOB and then Vanessa to be sole HOH (which she doesn't want) and Clay is on the block. That would be glorious to me. And then I would want Austin to win veto and Clay to go home because that would literally fill me with so much joy. But let's face it Becky would go and she's one of the few people I don't actively hate so that would suck. And I do kinda want Jackie to remain HOH because I actually like her and I do want Austin to go.

Vanessa is the new Derrick for me. But she lets her insanity/messiness out so much more than him so she's actually entertaining.

• Love 3
(edited)

I also find Steve painful. I want to like him, but I do not. The way he acts on the live shows makes me super uncomfortable for a reason I cannot quite put my finger on. I am a scientist so I both am and am around nerdy awkward people all day, but something about Steve I cannot figure out. It's like he's not actually medically unaware of how people react to other people, and yet he's completely oblivious. His "Hi Julie!!!" in the diary room make me cringe in a way that others' idiotic voting behavior does not.

I must concur. His social interactions and the way he acts are extremely annoying to me. He doesn't appear to know how to listen to people and has no idea how he comes across to others. He makes Audrey look charismatic in comparison. The sooner he's gone the better IMO.

I think I read that in addition to Austin, Vanessa is down with voting out the twins as well? WTH? Why would she be OK with getting out people who are completely loyal to her and would never target her? SMDH.

Edited by delicatecutter
  • Love 1

As much as I dislike Austin this kumbaya shit is really annoying. It's been virtually the same thing every week now. A target emerges after the HOH, the entire house unites to get that person out. They try to find someone who will throw a competition so a backdoor can take place. Egos are stroked, massive alliances that will last no longer than a week are formed. There is zero pushback. Rinse, repeat. Shit is so boring.

Even if Liz singlehandedly wins BOB and Clay/Becky are noms, there is a house full of stooges who will still use the veto to save Clay. 

• Love 9

So much word to that post, Cutty. Sigh.

Even if Liz singlehandedly wins BOB and Clay/Becky are noms, there is a house full of stooges who will still use the veto to save Clay.

Shit, you're right. I was like wait what if John won veto but I bet he'd take off Clay too because Clay/Shelli are his masters. Ugh.

So, I wonder who will be the next house wide target?

I remember when Jace was on the block week one, I thought Austin would be the very next target. So good on him for making it three weeks longer than I thought he would. LOL.

LOL! But true. Also, I almost have to give him props for tanking his game so quickly. Like, that's quite the feat!

I think Vanessa was pretty great at getting what she wanted from Jackie. She can't exactly stick up for Steve, she's a gambler playing the odds that Austin won't win POV. It doesn't matter who wins the veto as long as it's not him. If she rolls the dice and Steve goes that's a risk she has to take without blowing up her game.

Good game move for Vanessa is to have Liz pick Steve for House Guest choice if she gets it for veto comp.

Still team Vanessa and Steve.

• Love 2

Wait, I'm so confused. Who is Eviction Target #1? Austin? Or is it Steve? Because, while I find Steve useless and annoying, he hasn't reached Austin-levels yet. At least Steve seems like he's probably a good guy, if grating. Austin, however, is a creep, and I'd like him out ASAP.

• Love 1

So much word to that post, Cutty. Sigh.

Shit, you're right. I was like wait what if John won veto but I bet he'd take off Clay too because Clay/Shelli are his masters. Ugh.

So, I wonder who will be the next house wide target?

Shelli is openly after Steve. She was bringing his name up constantly last night. I don't know how much longer Vanessa can deflect the target off him.

Vanessa is basically floating in the middle for now. She's got Shelli/Clay on one side, the twins (if they survive this week) on the other, plus Steve on the side. She will push her agenda to whichever side is in power. I don't think Vanessa trusts Jackie (or Becky) at all. She can't manipulate them the way she can all these other people.

• Love 1

Vanessa is basically floating in the middle for now. 

She is. And so are Shelli/Clay. They all whine about 'floaters' when they're the biggest floaters of them all. They're very lucky no one has picked up on it/has the balls to do something about it.

I think maybe I want Austin to win veto tbh. I'm just so bored by this house wide target shit. I enjoy hating Austin much more than I enjoy hating Steve anyway.

• Love 2

Wait, I'm so confused. Who is Eviction Target #1? Austin? Or is it Steve? Because, while I find Steve useless and annoying, he hasn't reached Austin-levels yet. At least Steve seems like he's probably a good guy, if grating. Austin, however, is a creep, and I'd like him out ASAP.

Austin is the target, and it sounds like Liz would be the secondary. Steve would be the target if Austin wins veto and takes Liz off.

• Love 1

She can't exactly stick up for Steve, she's a gambler playing the odds that Austin won't win POV. It doesn't matter who wins the veto as long as it's not him.

If the target is Austin, why would you want Liz on the block?  Certainly, if Austin gets to play in the veto, he would go all out to win so he could be the hero and save Liz.  Why not put up two people he doesn't care about so he just sits back and doesn't try to win veto?

If the target is Austin, why would you want Liz on the block?  Certainly, if Austin gets to play in the veto, he would go all out to win so he could be the hero and save Liz.  Why not put up two people he doesn't care about so he just sits back and doesn't try to win veto?

Well, they don't have a lot of people to choose from because of that 12 person alliance they're all in together. ;)

Also, whoever stays HOH better make Shelli and Clay HNs. They're the only people who haven't done it. They should volunteer, but I have a feeling they won't.

The odds of him playing, and then winning, are probably pretty low. Especially if, assuming he's chosen, all 5 players are actively playing to prevent him from winning.

She is. And so are Shelli/Clay. They all whine about 'floaters' when they're the biggest floaters of them all. They're very lucky no one has picked up on it/has the balls to do something about it.

Meg actually spotted Vanessa talking with Clay and Shelli last night when the feeds came back on. She mentioned to Jason something to the effect of "Did you see how fast they were talking to Vanessa?" I don't think anything came of it and now they're all in a 57 person alliance together. Hopefully they keep a closer eye on those three. But they probably won't. 

• Love 3

Jackie was going to put Liz up no matter what Vanessa said so why fight it. Instead Vanessa positioned it so that Austin is the bigger target to everyone. Everyone seems to be on board with the plan.

Vanessa was ready to flip the script on Jackie until she talked to Austin and he lied about what he told Jason about the twins. She's basically trading Austin for Liz/Julia and the goodwill from the 'other side' of the house. It's a pretty good play for her, especially considering Austin's head isn't in the game. 

• Love 2

Remember when the HoH would put up two targets and if one of them won veto they'd put up another target or a pawn? With BotB people just put up pawns and convince one to throw it so they can backdoor their real target.  So dumb, I hate BotB so much, I don't understand how anyone thinks it makes the game better.

Probably won't happen, but I absolutely want Liz to somehow win BotB by herself so Vanessa remains HoH and Clay remains on the block.  It would at least be fun to see them freak out.

• Love 4

Best case scenario: 

Liz/James wins BOB and dethrone Jackie

Becky wins POV and takes herself off

Of course Vanessa would just backdoor Austin at that point, but it would be great to see Shelli whine all week about Clay being on the block.

• Love 1

Yes, I agree. Liz/James accidentally winning because Becky/Clay are so bad at it would be awesome. Steve winning POV and taking Becky off would ensure an amazing eviction night for me, because it would be Clay vs Austin. But Becky winning and Vanessa putting up Austin would be the next best thing. So basically, Liz/James for BOTB because I don't want to worry about Liz/Julia/Steve being sent home accidentally and I don't want Clay to have an even bigger ego about how he won BOTB and look at him winning, he's the champ..or whatever he'll say.

• Love 3

Remember when the HoH would put up two targets and if one of them won veto they'd put up another target or a pawn? With BotB people just put up pawns and convince one to throw it so they can backdoor their real target.  So dumb, I hate BotB so much, I don't understand how anyone thinks it makes the game better.

Exactly, this. I'm sick of every eviction being a back-door plan but BotB has more or less forced that to be mandatory. 

Back in the day an obvious alliance was formed very early on that pitted the rest of the house against them. There were always two sides to the house. Now, we still have an alliance but the rest of the people actually cater to that alliance because they either think they're in that alliance or they want to be. So everyone in the house just goes along with whatever the alliance wants and nobody ever wants to make any waves when it comes time vote. It's all very boring and predictable.

• Love 7

Oh a memory comp for BOtB (and no, Julie, I will not call it Bob) would be fabulous because didn't Shelli say that Clay is terrible at that? I know there was already a memory comp but so what. Grodner already recycles all of her bad ideas so why not recycle a good one?

• Love 2

An easy way to fix BOTB would be to make it individual. The top two in the comp are safe and the winner dethrones the HOH who put them up. I'd rather just scrap it altogether but that would at least make it semi-interesting. 

• Love 4

Excellent idea, Cutty.

Was anyone else surprised at how poised, calm and graceful Audrey was last night talking to Julie?  I was a bit stunned.  Or is it an example of better living through chemistry?  And I'm so glad they featured her family, and discussions of her transition.  I had almost convinced myself that the transition was a lie as well as everything else about her being in the house.

• Love 1
(edited)

I have to say, after years and years, it's refreshing to finally see the house full of strong women who are basically running this thing. The last time I can remember that happening is S6. Even with Clay/Shelli, despite what delusions Clay might have, Shelli is the one who's actually playing this game and running shit. Clay is her pretty arm candy.

The past hour or two, Jackie, Shelli, and Vanessa were all having a meeting of the minds in the HOH room and laying out their plans for the week. And it just struck me how rare that is.

ETA: the plan of Austin getting backdoored is making me giddy, tbh

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 11
(edited)

If they are determined to keep BOB, and it looks like they are, I think there's a couple different ways they could try that might help fix it. But I think that Grodner loves it the way it is because it helps protect the types of players she likes. Although maybe now that it's sent home so many characters and might send home Austin this week, who is a classic Grodner fave type, maybe she'll get rid of it. Here's hoping!

I have to say, after years and years, it's refreshing to finally see the house full of strong women who are basically running this thing.

I do love this. 

Honestly consciously I think I should be loving this season. No obvious winner, women running the game, good characters, no racism, etc. And yet, it's just boring to me. I think I have to blame BOB for that.

• Love 6
(edited)

Austin is such a bonehead. He's talking to Julia right now thinking he's totally safe, that the hinky vote worked and they are blindsiding Steve. Assuming he doesn't win veto, lets hope the HGs can keep this one a secret until the veto ceremony.

Liz is switching back in today. Vanessa told Julia to fill her in on the backdoor Austin plan while they're in the DR catching up. I don't trust that Liz can keep this a secret.

Honestly consciously I think I should be loving this season. No obvious winner, women running the game, good characters, no racism, etc. And yet, it's just boring to me. I think I have to blame BOB for that.

I blame BOTB and Shelli/Clay. I just cannot stand those two. They aren't as openly detestable as some of the more hatable HGs in previous years, but just the mere sight of them on the feeds makes me angry. They are so entitled it's just really gross to watch.

EDITED for grammar.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 6
(edited)

Austin is precious, talking to James about how this week, it will be unanimous to evict Steve. I hope Liz can keep her mouth shut, because I wanna see a Jase(S5)-style blindside. 

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 4

I blame BOTB and Shelli/Clay. I just cannot stand those two. They aren't as openly detestable as some of the more hatable HGs in previous years, but just the mere sight of them on the feeds makes me angry. They are so entitled it's just really gross to watch.

Ugh yes. I just despise them. Just now Shelli was rubbing Clay's back and I started dry heaving. They're just awful and gross and I want to punch them every time I see them on the feeds.

• Love 2

An easy way to fix BOTB would be to make it individual. The top two in the comp are safe and the winner dethrones the HOH who put them up. I'd rather just scrap it altogether but that would at least make it semi-interesting. 

I don't see how this would fix anything.  They still would be afraid to put up perceived strong competitors, they still would be finding people to throw it, and they'd still be relying on the backdoor to get out their target.  They'd even have less incentive of putting their target up directly, because that person wouldn't be saddled with someone trying to throw it. 

I love how delusional Austin is being right now.  I can't wait for his ass to be backdoored - although it's Vanessa.  She very well could change her mind 15 more times, and then try to talk Jackie into 15 different plans.  But I think the only plans Jackie is interested in involved Austin, Steve or the twins getting the boot.

(edited)

I stayed up way too late last night because I find the Godfather-style meetings with the new HoHs before nominations pretty interesting and sometimes telling of a person's strategy (not so much this season, but...). Last night, when Jackie and Vanessa had Meg, Jason, and James in the second HoH room and they were discussing who would volunteer to go on the block with Liz to throw it, the conversation wrapped up and Vanessa cautioned them all to leave the room one at a time, not in a big group, to look less shady. Jackie bounces up and runs back into the main HoH room... and production had flipped their lock at the top of the HoH door so that no one could come in the room and interrupt them. Essentially locking them in and keeping the rest of the house out. Jackie, of course, starts shouting at BB to let them out which makes Vanessa look like she wanted to facepalm.

So, either someone hit the wrong button in the production room and accidentally flipped the production lock on the door... or production is down for an Austin backdoor. I refuse to believe anything else. It was nice of production, anyway, since they had all gathered in the second HoH room and Jackie hadn't thought of locking the damned HoH door to keep people from wandering in

James could still spill the beans. He didn't look too happy about volunteering to go up (the reasoning being that he had put Jackie up on the block before, so payback) and seemed much more animated when Meg was reluctantly/jokingly offering before that. They had woken his ass up to have the conversation, but still. I wonder if he's gonna ruin it with his big mouth. He had been talking to Austin a lot more.

The other great moment of the meetings was when Austin was pitching his deal to Jackie. He told her that he wanted to go to jury with Jackie, because she seems like a lot of fun. They could have a lot of fun together in the jury house. Cue an awesome look from Jackie and a slow, "Uh, so what's up with you and Liz, then?" He backpedaled and claimed that he meant just as friends, but it came across more like Jackie was his backup plan in the jury house. Which is... ugh. I can't believe I was rooting for this guy at one point.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 6

This seems to remove a lot of the power of the HOH though. Imagine being HOH and having your closest ally nominated.  The entire point of HOH is to decide the nominations.

I hate how BOTB has watered the game down though; you basically have to go through backdoor to get rid of anyone interesting.

• Love 1

Ugh these people make me so mad. If I was jackie I'd be putting up clay and liz, if one of them gets veto then vanessa or shelli as a replacement, what's wrong with these people

• Love 1

Ugh these people make me so mad. If I was jackie I'd be putting up clay and liz, if one of them gets veto then vanessa or shelli as a replacement, what's wrong with these people

Why put up Shelli or Vanessa, when Jackie has deals with them? Getting rid of Austin pisses off the least amount of people, breaks up a pair (Liz/Austin), and gets rid of a physical comp threat and proven liar.

• Love 3

Why put up Shelli or Vanessa, when Jackie has deals with them? Getting rid of Austin pisses off the least amount of people, breaks up a pair (Liz/Austin), and gets rid of a physical comp threat and proven liar.

I agree. I'm usually for getting rid of powerful players ASAP, but I actually think it's in Jackie's best interest to target someone like Austin, who people do not like and who is turning into the new Audrey, or Clay, who can't win competitions, is dumb and would be a potentially risky move against Shelli. Jackie could put up Shelli or Vanessa, but they're good for her game at the moment. They're huge players that could definitely go during the fast forward nights. Plus, out of pure selfish reasons for myself, I want Vanessa and Shelli to stick around for more female power and more strategic players. Austin's clearly only there to bone Liz at this point, and Clay's kind of just there as Shelli's arm candy and to pretend he is the top dog in the house (when he really, really isn't). I just want the females to stick together and target the males for once, instead of going after each other and letting the men sit back and watch it happen. 

It's actually a good thing that there are so many people playing the game, though. There aren't really any true 'floaters'. John and Steve might have been considered floaters, but they've both won some competitions and they have alliances with people that might carry them far, and they're not flip flopping from alliance to alliance. Jackie and Becky have now both won and HOH and have had to get their hands dirty. Everyone else has a strong alliance with at least two other people. Shelli and Clay are closer to being floaters, but Shelli's gotten her hands dirty twice now...Clay, well, he's kind of useless and only there to be Shelli's bodyguard. I still don't love the season, but I can absolutely see why it's being considered the best since season 12. 

• Love 6

Everyone asleep but Austin and JMac. Austin is laying on the living room couch when Julia gets called to the DR. Austin replies, "YES!" Now he's pacing around waiting for Liz to enter, used the restroom (didn't wash his hands), fixing his hair and beard. He's truly pathetic. This backdoor is going to be so sweet.

• Love 5
(edited)

Austin's sick, from "casting the evil spirits out" of Audrey's cape (I guess the blanket that she shrouded herself with?). Which makes the not washing the hands thing even worse. And now Liz is gonna get pawed by him.

I'm shocked he's not sniffing and scratching at the door like a dog.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4

Earlier, Shelli and Vanessa were having a conversation, and Vanessa told Shelli all about Austin being the vote for Audrey bc he wanted to pin it on Clay or Steve, and that Austin's wrestling name is Judas. Shelli's reaction was basically that she thought it was dirty and hilarious. She actually laughed about it. And then was like "I love this game so much". I think that's why I have a hard time disliking her.  They also agreed that at this point, the house probably already sees them as huge threats since they've won alternating HOH's for the past 4 weeks, so they might as well go all out and try their hardest to win every comp. I gotta respect that.

• Love 10

I wonder how much Liz knows. Vanessa told Shelli that Julia isn't going fill Liz on the plan and the reasons for the plan, so that she doesn't have to be fake with Austin as soon as she's out of the DR. But, Julia had to have told her something...

Every second Shelli is not with Clay, I like her. Every second Shelli is with Clay, I can't stand her. Unfortunately, Clay is bland and non-threatening and liked by the house. I don't see him going before Shelli. Hoping I'm wrong.

I am enjoying the hell out of Austin's delusions, as he's recapping everything to Liz. Putting down Julie for hanging out with Steve and John (one of the reasons I like her much more than Liz), crowing about how smart he was to throw that vote and pin it on Steve, and how he couldn't even tell Vanessa about it (Hahahaha!!), saying he has a deal so he's totes safe this week, telling Liz he'll save her. It's all so awesome. I'm hoping Liz manages to free herself from him for just enough time for Vanessa to do what she does best - talk.

I don't care if the whole house is on board booting Austin this week, this is not boring to me yet. Let's just get to the BOB! I'm fine with either outcome, although I'd prefer Jackie to remain HOH; Vanessa can be too unstable.

• Love 6