Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

It's tough to predict jury votes but I don't see Steve voting JMac over Vanessa. He won't be a bitter juror and has repeatedly said how amazing Vanessa's gameplay is in his DRs. The Austwins/Steve is four. All she would need is one more. 

Much as Vanessa annoys the ever living fuck out of me, it would be a travesty if she lost to John, who hasn't played a good game and was ALREADY EVICTED.

• Love 9

Meg is currently complaining that evicting her is a waste and stupid. And she and James still don't think Austin and the twins know what Vanessa is doing. I like her, but I'm not going to be sad to see Meg leave. 

I know it's probably super confusing when you're in the house but it's hard to imagine there's been a HG who has been wrong about more things than Meg. I still remember her saying she didn't care if there was a six person alliance after Audrey outed the Sixth Sense.

• Love 5

I know it's probably super confusing when you're in the house but it's hard to imagine there's been a HG who has been wrong about more things than Meg. I still remember her saying she didn't care if there was a six person alliance after Audrey outed the Sixth Sense.

LMAO really. Meg has got to be the person with the least clue about how to play this game. Even Cowboy and Victoria weren't this oblivious. Hell, not even John is! She's just not cut out for this game. Probably a really good friend to have in the real world though.

Much as Vanessa annoys the ever living fuck out of me, it would be a travesty if she lost to John, who hasn't played a good game and was ALREADY EVICTED.

I am over Vanessa 100% and I truly do not want her to win, but if John beats her it truly will be a travesty.

• Love 1

James was saying he didn't want anyone but John to win. That he was the only one that was deserving. This all better just be talk because he's pissed about how fucked he is! 

If John wins I'm gonna lose my damn mind.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

LMAO really. Meg has got to be the person with the least clue about how to play this game. Even Cowboy and Victoria weren't this oblivious. Hell, not even John is! She's just not cut out for this game. Probably a really good friend to have in the real world though.

I am over Vanessa 100% and I truly do not want her to win, but if John beats her it truly will be a travesty.

Honestly, I just don't think Meg cares or really understands why people care so much. She shouldn't go any further than this.

IMO, Vanessa, Austin, Liz, James deserve to win the most. Austin (ugh) and Vanessa the most for me because they've been running The House and the HGs still haven't caught on fully. I think they have the best handle on the going ons in The House (especially because listening to other HGs along the way shows how clueless they've been) - this whole Julia as a pawn scenario between them and how they handled the situation is really impressive. We all said Vanessa was screwed, but if she manages to pull this off with only James gunning for her? Didn't think it was possible.

That said, I know the jury has different viewpoints than me as a viewer - and they still don't get to see everything we saw so social game is a much bigger part to them. Just straight up understanding and playing the crap out of the game though, I'd say those two. Just like I know Derrick and Dr. Will were the most deserving even though I didn't like them at all and rooted against them making it to the end.

ETA: Part of me would rather have someone like that win rather than James with the Fun Strategy (even though I really like him) because it would influence HGs of future seasons to focus less on potball and more on Big Brother conniving.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3

I believe taking JMac to the end for Vanessa is a mistake. Becky/Jackie/Shelli all love him and would want a returning juror to win. Meg and James would likely vote for him as well. It is hard for me to see people swaying those 5.

Vanessa wants to go with Julia. With Meg being the #1 pawn followed closely by Julia, her eviction means Julia is the one everyone gets to the end with. I think Final 4 is the biggest trap for her since the veto winner essentially picks who goes home. She should be there, though...barring some hinky-ness.

• Love 1

It cracks me up that Vanessa has one set of rules for herself and another for everyone else.  I've notice that, often when she talks game with others, she wears her sunglasses, yet she made James take his off when they had their latest conversation and complained to her minions about him having the audacity to wear them.  She takes offense at anyone else questioning her motives or integrity, yet she not only questions everyone else and expects them to explain themselves to her, but she browbeats them and belittles those she feels are weak.  She mocks Meg for crying, while she is the one who cries constantly about how hurt she is when the others don't bow down to her.  She is so un-self aware that she actually believes that she doesn't hold grudges, gets over things quickly, doesn't put anyone else down and is kind, fair and has the most integrity of anyone in the house.  Sadly, she has them all believing her bullshit and apologizing for having the nerve to want her out of the game.  She's good, that Vanessa is! 

• Love 19

I wish the house guest would read these threads and see what people really think of them. I'd love to see vanessa crying because everyone in America (that watches) knows what kind of person she really is!

• Love 1

If Vanessa wins, I'll be fine with it. If Vanessa loses, I'll be fine with that too. I'm one of those people who thinks if you act like an asshole in the course of the game, nobody has to vote for you no matter how many strategic moves you make. Vanessa skirts up to the asshole line way too much. The hypocrisy, the self-righteousness, the personal attacks, the ridiculous need to pick a fight with every single one of her targets. At the end of the season the jury decides, "You know what? I don't want to vote for her." I'm alright with that reasoning. 

• Love 16
The amazing thing, though, is that Julia going up would mean John and Steve would control the votes this week and they could do some Austwins damage if they so chose.

THAT was my ray of sunshine - the notion, however fleeting, of one Austwin going OTB and affording Steve/JMac/James the opportunity to knock them off.

I think Steve's concern is more that he fears Liz and Austin winning HoH. He does not fear Julia winning HoH. So he thinks if he is going to turn them against him, he wants to do it by taking out one of their two good HoH players. I think he's overthinking things and is just generally being overly cautious, but I can at least get his logic. 

Plus, there's actually some form of strategy in play now - JMac's proposal for JMac/Vanessa/Steve of evicting Meg to isolate James and incentivize him to work with JMac.  Which evicting Julia would go against, because Steve is supposed to work on her.

I watched a video of Vanessa on YouTube (called The Poker Mind) and it was very pleasant to hear her speak when she isn't stressed out and feeling the pressure of being in competition for 74 days. This was back a few years when she was recently married. She had her "yeah, um, yeah" thing going even then.

She mentions that she has a hard time holding her emotions in when there's a bad beat.

Anyway, it was interesting and she seemed like a nice person.

• Love 2

I'm happy that Meg is going, because I really don't think she has any clue as to what she's trying to do in this game, she can't win a competition to save her life (and I don't base my like or respect on people based on comp wins, but it helps), she refuses to see the alliances which are right in her face (although to be fair, she's in good comoany), and she seems to think people should keep her around because she's fun and stuff. Thanks, you're great and all, but go.

If it was strictly about gameplay, I'd love to see Julia go next, because I feel she offers nothing other than bitchiness. But it's me, I have my favorites, so I want to see Liz go next, leaving the house in flux. Julia and Austin are not going to be that connected, Steve/John/Van will crumble because Johnny will look at Vanessa wrong one day, James can win one HOH and suddenly make all kinds of friends, I (possibly naively) feel there will be no real dominant alliance rolling boringly until the end.

I will very grudgingly admit that Vanessa staying in the game has really helped keep this season interesting. I don't like her, I think she's a total nutter, but she is feeds gold. Her leaving at final three is my dream scenario. Partly because I just want to spare the poor jury from having to listen to her for a week.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 5

If Vanessa wins, I'll be fine with it. If Vanessa loses, I'll be fine with that too. I'm one of those people who thinks if you act like an asshole in the course of the game, nobody has to vote for you no matter how many strategic moves you make. Vanessa skirts up to the asshole line way too much. The hypocrisy, the self-righteousness, the personal attacks, the ridiculous need to pick a fight with every single one of her targets. At the end of the season the jury decides, "You know what? I don't want to vote for her." I'm alright with that reasoning.

Right at this moment, if John, Julia or Steve wins over her, James, Liz or Austin, I call shenanigans. But between those last four (James, Liz, Austin or Vanessa), it could totally go either way and it's understandable. I do think that most of the HGs will be surprised with how out of the loop they were though, particularly concerning Vanessa and Austin, no matter who wins.

It can change with how competitions go - like if Steve won DE and took charge - but at this very moment, I'd be pretty upset if one of those four didn't win based strictly on performance (because, please, I don't want Austin to win for my own dislike of him, though he'd deserve it).

ETA: In terms of her guilt and attacking tactics, I can't fault her. They've been working and it's clear she doesn't have the skills for a social game, just like James doesn't have the skills for a manipulating game. She can lose because she didn't make friends just like James can lose because he didn't use the HGs like chess pieces. Not that anyone has to like it, but she is playing to her strengths just like everyone else. I'd actually say that Austin is a good combination between their two strategies.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 7

Oh, Meg, I like you, I really do, but it is painful to watch this pitch to Vanessa, what makes it most painful, at the end of the day (sorry) is that she's right in saying that it's time to stop pretending the house is on one side with just a couple of stragglers (and trying to give Vanessa an out to get away from Austin/twins).  She's a week late on this, as John/Steve are Vanessa's new out against Austin/twins.

Anyway, the offer was a one week offer, which come on, with the potential of then Vanessa seeing they are really want to work with her and this isn't just a smokescreen:

1.  Meg with throw the next HOH (even she laughed at herself when she said it, but said she would do it);

2.  If James wins HOH, no Vanessa frontdoor/backdoor; instead of Vanessa going up as his pawn, Meg would go up as his pawn and have to fight to stay in the game;

3.  What kills me is she won't say who her targets are or who James's target would be (yeah, even if you are lying, say freaking something at this point Meg, she/James are still afraid to say anything about breaking up Austin/Liz/Julia beyond hinting at it);

4.  Regardless of who was HOH, Vanessa would have Meg's vote next week to stay in the game if she was on the block and she would try to sway James to do the same;

5.  When questioned why James would keep the deal with Vanessa, she explains that he would keep it because he promised Meg and because of his relationship with Meg (ouch, not great argument there Meg);

6.  She did slip a bit when she mentioned she just wanted a "couple" of more weeks in the house and then would be happy to go.  Vanessa picked up on that and mentioned there's only three more weeks left (not to mention Meg is only offering a one week deal where she'd be happy to leave thereafter, so why so confident in saying "couple" more weeks).

Anyway, all respect for her for making a pitch when her back was against the wall, the reality is though, she really has nothing to offer as incentive to stay. I didn't watch today, but understand from what I saw last night and reading today nothing she could say was going to fly.

Honestly, I am cracking up about how no one will say Austin/twins are their target to anyone else (save John/Steve together)....it's like not saying Voldemort in the Harry Potter stories. 

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2

It cracks me up that Vanessa has one set of rules for herself and another for everyone else.  I've notice that, often when she talks game with others, she wears her sunglasses, yet she made James take his off when they had their latest conversation and complained to her minions about him having the audacity to wear them.  She takes offense at anyone else questioning her motives or integrity, yet she not only questions everyone else and expects them to explain themselves to her, but she browbeats them and belittles those she feels are weak.  She mocks Meg for crying, while she is the one who cries constantly about how hurt she is when the others don't bow down to her.  She is so un-self aware that she actually believes that she doesn't hold grudges, gets over things quickly, doesn't put anyone else down and is kind, fair and has the most integrity of anyone in the house.  Sadly, she has them all believing her bullshit and apologizing for having the nerve to want her out of the game.  She's good, that Vanessa is! 

All of this and more is why she won't win unless is next to Julia.

Likability is a huge part of Big Brother.

• Love 1

I want to see a John/Vanessa final two just to see what peachmangosteen has to say about it.

LMAO! It'll be Dick/Daniele all over again! OK, not really, but I will hate it. And John will probably win in that case, which is my worst case scenario.

Anyway, all respect for her for making a pitch when her back was against the wall, the reality is though, she really has nothing to offer as incentive to stay.

I think you mean she has nothing to incentivize Vanessa with.

I feel like we need one more DE after this one, right? Or am I miscounting/misremembering how the final week of eps goes?

• Love 2

I always ask myself the question of how would I vote.  And while, intellectually I'd love to say I would vote for the person who played the best game.  I think it would be hard for me to not think about the fact that I'm giving one of these people 500K.  And when I think about it like that, I would probably be inclined to give it to someone I like instead of an asshole.

• Love 12

I feel like we need one more DE after this one, right? Or am I miscounting/misremembering how the final week of eps goes?

Pretty sure this is the last DE. Finale is the 23rd. 

9/3 - DE, 2 HGs evicted, down to F6

9/10 - normal week & eviction, down to F5

F5 is usually the condensed week with the taped eviction. That airs on 9/16 (Wednesday) with the F4 eviction on 9/17 (Thursday). F3 spends the last week together. First part of the final HOH would be Sunday 9/20 with the finale on 9/23. 

So, John wants to nominate the twins now instead of Liz/Austin. That is just moronic, even by his standards. Austin wins veto, takes Liz off then he's really fucked himself.

So, John wants to nominate the twins now instead of Liz/Austin. That is just moronic, even by his standards. Austin wins veto, takes Liz off then he's really fucked himself.

John is... not smart. I'm sure Steve/Vanessa will talk him out of that plan, though. Preferably Steve, because John needs someone to spell it out slowly....

This is the same guy who got evicted, told Julie that Austin and the twins are playing the best game in the house, and then said he'd target Meg. Sooo.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm rooting for Steve to win the DE HOH on Thursday, and then hopefully he'll have the guts to go through with his plan. Winning the DE HOH would be the best for him anyway, since he hates confrontation, he wouldn't have to deal with the drama of nominating Liz and Austin and having to deal with them for an entire week.

• Love 4

In the last episode vanessa seemed like she knew the austwins need to be evicted but why oh why does she need any reason besides their a threat? Seriously vanessa drives me crazy with this. I believe if I was in jury and she made it to final 2 I'd have to tell her that I need a reason to vote for her I'd throw it back in her face. I just can't fathom needing a reason at this point in the game.

• Love 4

can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm rooting for Steve to win the DE HOH on Thursday, and then hopefully he'll have the guts to go through with his plan. Winning the DE HOH would be the best for him anyway, since he hates confrontation, he wouldn't have to deal with the drama of nominating Liz and Austin and having to deal with them for an entire week.

Rig that mofo up Grodner! I would laugh hard if he makes it to F2 by only winning the DE HoH's.

I don't think Vanessa is an asshole so I have no problem rooting her on to the end, IMO Liz is a much much bigger asshole, and she's given Asshole kissoffs to people in her good bye DR's. I don't expect Van to win against anyone but Julia or Steve, and even that's in doubt with assholes like James and Meg on the jury,  but  IDGAF about the "social" game, so whatevs if that's the goal MEG is the all time best player ever. I have no interest in the Summer Camp tv show.

• Love 3

Steve said that he checked the Native American box to get affirmative action at Cornell. He said it worked. That's pretty foul. And this is why I don't fully believe Steve's "I'm just so awkward and cute so don't be mad at me for all the gross stuff I say and do tee hee" schtick.

Wow

What an ugly little troll. I never bought the "I'm so awkward, live in Mommy's basement schtick either

• Love 1

vanessa seemed like she knew the austwins need to be evicted but why oh why does she need any reason besides their a threat?

I about fell off my chair last night hearing Van say something like it being basic BB strategy to break up couples when talking about James and Meg. Hello??????

• Love 4

I about fell off my chair last night hearing Van say something like it being basic BB strategy to break up couples when talking about James and Meg. Hello??????

The thing is, she can't actually put Austin and Liz up without blowing up her entire game. She already isn't liked by her non-alliance jury members. Think about what would happen if she went back on her word to an alliance she's been with since Week 2. Any votes she might have gotten from Austin and the twins would be lost. Especially to a player like Vanessa who loves to preach about her own integrity within her alliance. Plus, if she wants to break up a pair, why wouldn't she break up the pair who are point blank coming after her and who have never been aligned with her? Austin and Liz aren't going to put Vanessa on the block if they win HOH next week. James and Meg would.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 5

I don't think Vanessa is an asshole so I have no problem rooting her on to the end, IMO Liz is a much much bigger asshole, and she's given Asshole kissoffs to people in her good bye DR's. I don't expect Van to win against anyone but Julia or Steve, and even that's in doubt with assholes like James and Meg on the jury,  but  IDGAF about the "social" game, so whatevs if that's the goal MEG is the all time best player ever. I have no interest in the Summer Camp tv show.

Oh my gosh, so much word. Vanessa's social game is definitely lacking, but if Vanessa has had a hand in almost every single damn eviction (even Julie said as much on last Thursday's show), that's a pretty compelling and deserving reason for a BB victory. 

The thing is, she can't actually put Austin and Liz up without blowing up her entire game. She already isn't liked by her non-alliance jury members. Think about what would happen if she went back on her word to an alliance she's been with since Week 2. Any votes she might have gotten from Austin and the twins would be lost. Especially to a player like Vanessa who loves to preach about her own integrity within her alliance. Plus, if she wants to break up a pair, why wouldn't she break up the pair who are point blank coming after her and who have never been aligned with her? Austin and Liz aren't going to put Vanessa on the block if they win HOH next week. James and Meg would.

Yes, yes, YES. Thank you.

Edited by Laika
  • Love 5

Yeah all things being equal of course Vanessa would pop up Liz/Austin (and I honestly think it is so late in the game that getting ridding of Julia is no longer a factor in "austwins"), Austwins are Liztin period and blowing up one blows up the other even more powerful alliance, taking out Julia ONLY feels like a waste of time that only gets the person doing it fucked over, and I see no reason Vanessa should do that to help out the other hammies and the viewers who think she should take the bullet. 

Do I wish she had just said fuck it and pointed out how totally burned she was with them when she found out they were going to BD her last week, YES, but I also get why she doesn't wanna be the one even WITH a reason. I'd love love love to see Liz smug ass face walk out the door with Austin's shocked face more than any damn thing, Van losing in the end even might be worth that as a viewer.

• Love 4

Best I could piece together about Steve's comment was that it somehow revolved around Steve talking about seeing someone at a mall with a bag that said "God hates bags". It seems as though Steve may have used the "f word" in referring to that (not sure if he actually said it or just implied it). Jason was offended by that. Steve claimed that he didn't understand why Jason was upset. He talked to Audrey about it and she explained why. He then apologized to Jason several times (and also to everyone else), saying that he didn't mean to hurt him or anyone else and that he wouldn't use that word anymore now that he understood. This got brought up yesterday because Steve was saying that he was aggravated because he felt like Jason couldn't let it go even though Steve apologized and Jason accepted the apology.

Jason not let something go? Why, I can't believe that a generous, loving, tolerant spirit like Jason's would hang on to bitterness in that way.

I hope the sarcasm in that sentence came through.

Meg is currently complaining that evicting her is a waste and stupid.

Damn, that is funny. So, Meg, when would evicting you not be a waste and stupid? Be sure and let your fellow houseguests know so that they can pencil you in for that week.

LMAO really. Meg has got to be the person with the least clue about how to play this game. Even Cowboy and Victoria weren't this oblivious.

Yes, at least each of them had the sense to hitch their wagon to a winner. Meg just drifts along in la-la summer camp land. Occasionally the game pokes its ugly head in, but after a few tears, she concentrates on forgetting about it.

In the last episode vanessa seemed like she knew the austwins need to be evicted but why oh why does she need any reason besides their a threat? Seriously vanessa drives me crazy with this. I believe if I was in jury and she made it to final 2 I'd have to tell her that I need a reason to vote for her I'd throw it back in her face. I just can't fathom needing a reason at this point in the game.

Yes, that would be the perfect jury question. "Vanessa, what Reasons™ can you give me that will Incentivize™ me to vote for you?"

• Love 13

Damn, that is funny. So, Meg, when would evicting you not be a waste and stupid? Be sure and let your fellow houseguests know so that they can pencil you in for that week.

Yeah, the fact that Meg keeps saying it must be personal because there's no reason for this as a game move is just making me not feel bad for her at all. There's only so much dumb I can excuse.

• Love 5

Yeah, the fact that Meg keeps saying it must be personal because there's no reason for this as a game move is just making me not feel bad for her at all. There's only so much dumb I can excuse.

I was just about to post this. It seems like Meg really thinks she's getting evicted because Vanessa is jealous of her closeness with James. I wish I could see Jury House footage for the moment Meg finds out about F&G.

• Love 2

Given how much time they spend together I really don't understand how people in the house don't see how tight Vanessa is with Austin and the twins. It's really mind boggling. Vanessa and Austin have been together since week 1!

• Love 5

Given how much time they spend together I really don't understand how people in the house don't see how tight Vanessa is with Austin and the twins. It's really mind boggling. Vanessa and Austin have been together since week 1!

Austin has been talking trash about Vanessa to everyone else in the house for nearly as long. Whatever his actual attitude toward his alliance with Vanessa, I can see how it could be unclear.

• Love 1

One side is smarter and the other side is dumber. It's been that way since Week 1. Somehow, the dumb (i know that's a bad word) side has never truly caught on what has really been going on all summer. The fact that Austwin have never been nominated should have been a major red flag. I don't like Vanessa, Austin or the twins but they have been playing the game better than anyone on a consistent basis. That said, it would crack me up if James or John are In the Final 2. The Sixth Sense would be besides themselves. LOL!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3

Even Vanessa was like, if after all this time they still haven't figured out why none of us have nominated each other, then that's on them. 

I think almost all of the smart people in the house really glommed onto each other, and it's paid off. The only questionable members of F&G/6S were Clay and Julia, who were really there because of Shelli and Liz, respectively.

I kind of don't even see the point anymore of not telling James and Meg about the alliance, but I guess it's because Vanessa would rather be on the block against Steve than against an Austwin, because if it's the latter she wouldn't have the votes to stay. And keeping the alliance hidden still leaves the possibility that James would put up Steve/Vanessa instead of Austin/Vanessa. Even though, as a viewer, I know James wouldn't put up Steve.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 3

“@BBFeedster: Vanessa tells Meg that being gay also makes it harder for her because she’s a little different than everyone else. #BB17”

Vanessa again using the gay card. Victim victim victim. This is why I can never root for this chick.

• Love 7

Austin has been talking trash about Vanessa to everyone else in the house for nearly as long. Whatever his actual attitude toward his alliance with Vanessa, I can see how it could be unclear.

Austin was directly saved from eviction by Vanessa and Jason voted out instead. How is that not clear?

• Love 1

“@BBFeedster: Vanessa tells Meg that being gay also makes it harder for her because she’s a little different than everyone else. #BB17”

Vanessa again using the gay card. Victim victim victim. This is why I can never root for this chick.

Eh. To me, that's the equivalent of saying a black person can't use the "race card" if they say they feel alone as the only black person in the house. Vanessa is the only gay person in the house, and that does separate her from the other HGs in a certain way. So, it's kind of her own personal thing if she feels separated in that aspect.

In other news, Meg is the one who's all bittercakes, and James actually seems understanding and rational about the position Vanessa was in. I think Meg leaving could be the best thing for his game, tbh.

• Love 7

I saw the other night that Steve mentioned an Austin backdoor to the twins. It was on Joker's, so I didn't really get the context. Even if he was "joking", I'm surprised it didn't get back to Austin. He would be alternating between crying and pounding his chest (In a sensitive manner).

• Love 2

Yeah that's my only concern is that Steve will want Austin to go v. Liz during the hypothetical chance he gets HoH in DE. He's close to both girls and Austin cuts off one of Van's limbs too. 

Edited by blixie

Lord, Meg really is stuck on this idea of Vanessa trying to get James as her #2. I think that's the only reason she's upset, because she feels replaced.

ETA: I will say, though, that the prospect of a Steve/John/James/Vanessa Exterminators-esque alliance sounds really good.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 2

Day 75 and Austin is the only HG who hasn't been nominated. That's amazing.

Eh. To me, that's the equivalent of saying a black person can't use the "race card" if they say they feel alone as the only black person in the house. Vanessa is the only gay person in the house, and that does separate her from the other HGs in a certain way. So, it's kind of her own personal thing if she feels separated in that aspect.

In other news, Meg is the one who's all bittercakes, and James actually seems understanding and rational about the position Vanessa was in. I think Meg leaving could be the best thing for his game, tbh.

She does it to curry favor. She's knows damn well she's not isolated because she's gay. She's isolated because she's an introvert and has not good social skills. She doesn't even make an effort to connect with people. Has nothing to do with her sexuality.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vanesaa was able to convince James to target the Austwins instead of her. He's still buys her solo solo thing.

The problem is this week is a DE and she won't have enough time if she doesn't do it beforehand.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 2