Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

I pray Vanessa continues to believe she's safe and she gets completely blindsided tomorrow. The feeds will be gold. I need to cancel all my plans so I can watch the feeds all day.

Steve said Julia is making him uncomfortable because of her flirting. Oh, Steve. I can't deal with him. I hope he goes in the DE.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Steve said Julia is making him uncomfortable because of her flirting. Oh, Steve. I can't deal with him. I hope he goes in the DE.

You just might get your wish, @peachmangosteen.  James, Jackie, Meg, and Becky were all talking about him earlier and agreed that his Veto wins, both when he was on the line, are starting to unnerve them.  They just might go for him if one of them wins HoH.

• Love 1

You just might get your wish, @peachmangosteen. James, Jackie, Meg, and Becky were all talking about him earlier and agreed that his Veto wins, both when he was on the line, are starting to unnerve them. They just might go for him if one of them wins HoH.

Heh... Really?! It was questionable that they left Austwins intact this week, but I think we can all agree that not targeting an obvious and tight knit group of three this deep in the game is insane, no? If Austwins make it through next week untouched, then they are a third of the house!

Edited by me5671
  • Love 1

You just might get your wish, @peachmangosteen. James, Jackie, Meg, and Becky were all talking about him earlier and agreed that his Veto wins, both when he was on the line, are starting to unnerve them. They just might go for him if one of them wins HoH.

I think they want to keep Steve for a little bit longer because they feel like he wouldn't come after them if he won HoH. They also are starting to understand the importance of Austwins being broken up. Jackie said she kind of hopes Steve wins the DE HoH because he'd break up Austwins for them. Best I can tell ADC's hit list goes: Vanessa, Shelli, Austin, Steve, Liz, Julia, John.

• Love 1

Have the Austwins/Shelli/Vanessa talked about who'd they target in DE?

If they had it would be generally irrelevant because everything will change after Vanessa goes up. (ex. they may decide they want to take out Becky after Becky backdoors Vanessa and blindsides Austwins).

Derrick was like this, too. But with Derrick I think maybe it was strategy (I doubt it, but it's possible), I don't believe at all it is with Vanessa. She's just entitled and crazy!

I think it's purely strategy on Vanessa's part as well; she simply does it with more emotion and less skill.

Cue waterworks!

LMAO! Becky has been killing it this week!

I'm really kinda confused by all this talk of Becky' HOHitis and Lord of the Flies situation. I haven't seen that at all. What has Becky said/done that's been a personal attack on Vanessa? I've seen her get fired about about the bullshit Vanessa's pulled, but that was purely game related. I just don't see Becky doing anything worse than Vanessa (and Shelli) did when she was HOH. And I mean Vanessa was calling Becky a bitch this week, too, so meh.

I think this perception is because Becky, much like Jackie last week, come across as a sore winner. Butter wouldn't melt in their mouths when they're down among the ranks of the common HGs; give them an HoH key (or an ally with an HoH key), however, and they suddenly become the biggest, most badass Master Strategist tough-talkers in the House, chortling with their foot on their intended victim's neck. Which is easy to do when you're on top.

Next week, however...?

How quick do you think it'll take Badass Becky to revert to Basic Becky?

If it's not a (perceived) ally who wins HoH, I'm thinking milliseconds.

• Love 6

I'm still shocked that no one realizes Vanessa is gonna go up. Props to Becky and co. and Shelli for keeping that a secret. Although that might end up fucking over Shelli if/when Vanessa/Austwins find out she knew the whole time.

I think this perception is because Becky, much like Jackie last week, come across as a sore winner.

OK. I'm personally not seeing that. Although maybe I'm just desensitized to it at this point after weeks of Shelli/Vanessa in power lol!

Have any of them actually personally attacked Vanessa though? I've been seeing that mentioned and I haven't personally seen it or read anything about it.

And really I think Vanessa only has herself to blame if people aren't responding favorably to her right now. When your strategy involves crying over any little thing and guilt-tripping people into feeling bad about doing the very things you are doing, once you get found out people are gonna be pissed.

• Love 4

No feeds here.  It sounds mean that someone told Steve that Julia has a crush on him.  How did that go down and why did they do it?  Certainly humiliating for Steve to experience that kind of prank, when he finds out. 

No feeds here. It sounds mean that someone told Steve that Julia has a crush on him. How did that go down and why did they do it? Certainly humiliating for Steve to experience that kind of prank, when he finds out.

I don't really think it was a prank per se. James asked Julia which guy in the house she would want to date or hook up with or something. She said Steve and she said something like that she thought his glasses were cute and she liked nerds. James took this to mean that she had a crush on Steve. In reality, she was kidding. She's made several other jokes of that nature. Also, Steve already thought that Julia might have a crush on him due to his issues with reading social cues. My interpretation has always been that Julia really likes Steve as a person and thinks he's a sweet guy but he's not AT ALL her type. With Steve's social issues, he's interpreted that kindness as romantic interest. I don't think anyone's really at fault here. It's just miscommunication by all parties.

Edited by bobthefrog
  • Love 6

I'm disappointed to read that about Julia.  Ugh

YANKEE1151, ON 09 AUG 2015 - 11:08 AM, SAID:
But I don't want Vanessa on the block

On the plus side I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Vanessa is leaving.

Austin needs to go. 

Vanessa will be a goner Thurs.  Becky is not going to change her game plan and alienate the house - the way Vanessa screwed-up with Jason.   SS will be then down to 4 and will no longer have the power.  Trust me, so-called promises and allegiances will scramble and shift.
Edited by escape, Today. 12:04 pm.

Ha, that was very selective quoting there.  I don't doubt that Vanessa is likely leaving, I just said it's not a foregone conclusion.  And my not wanting her to go, and very much wanting Austin to go has zero to do with what I was saying about Becky and her attitude.  I don't actually want Shelli to go either (want to see how she plays without Clay) and I just think it's a bummer that they'll be on the block together.  But it wouldn't matter who nominated them, that's just my personal feeling.  It has absolutely nothing to do with why I can't stand Becky, or why I think she's playing this HOH poorly.  Her noms aren't the issue, her "HOH-itis" is.  That, and the fact that her new allies will likely decide they want her out before Steve or Austin. So I'm just gonna sit here and laugh if/when she goes in the DE, or gets nominated by one of the people who currently won't leave her side.  

I wish everyone would handle their HOH like James did.  Like someone said above (sorry, don't remember who), it was ALL BUSINESS.  I wish he hadn't made all those sexist remarks because I could really root for him otherwise.  

• Love 3

Guess I'm arrogant and mean, because I relish in anything bad said or done to Steve.  I despise him that much.

Ha Ha ha ha ha!  I would probably agree with you if I had the feeds, I usually do.  I am working in the dark here and not fond of it.  Necessity called and I could not be as involved this season and it is difficult to get the take that I would normally have.  

I'm disappointed to read that about Julia.  Ugh

Ha, that was very selective quoting there.  I don't doubt that Vanessa is likely leaving, I just said it's not a foregone conclusion.  And my not wanting her to go, and very much wanting Austin to go has zero to do with what I was saying about Becky and her attitude.  I don't actually want Shelli to go either (want to see how she plays without Clay) and I just think it's a bummer that they'll be on the block together.  But it wouldn't matter who nominated them, that's just my personal feeling.  It has absolutely nothing to do with why I can't stand Becky, or why I think she's playing this HOH poorly.  Her noms aren't the issue, her "HOH-itis" is.  That, and the fact that her new allies will likely decide they want her out before Steve or Austin. So I'm just gonna sit here and laugh if/when she goes in the DE, or gets nominated by one of the people who currently won't leave her side.  

I wish everyone would handle their HOH like James did.  Like someone said above (sorry, don't remember who), it was ALL BUSINESS.  I wish he hadn't made all those sexist remarks because I could really root for him otherwise.  

Vanessa put herself in this position.  She turned on Jason and Jeff because she didn't have the guts to evict Austin and Audrey.   She was stupid to be in an alliance made up of couples - they were always going to be easy targets for the house. 

So I'm just gonna sit here and laugh come Thurs.  Bye Felicia (Vanessa)!!!

Edited by Stinger97
Edited b/c of combative tone.
  • Love 3

Vanessa's strategy didn't work for the long term.  She hasn't adjusted well.  That doesn't mean she's a stupid player.
Becky's attitude since becoming HOH has been of the "Brava to me!" variety.  Until you've won the game, you can't be sure your plan will prove out either.

Edited by Stinger97
  • Love 3

I'm still shocked that no one realizes Vanessa is gonna go up. Props to Becky and co. and Shelli for keeping that a secret. Although that might end up fucking over Shelli if/when Vanessa/Austwins find out she knew the whole time.

Especially if that information is disclosed during the brief moments before the comps kick in during the live episode. One "but Shelli you've known since Friday that Vanessa was the target" statement from one of Becky's allies and the dynamic could flip by the time noms happen, even if one of the Austwins win HOH. 

• Love 6

Vanessa put herself in this position.  She turned on Jason and Jeff because she didn't have the guts to evict Austin and Audrey.   She was stupid to be in an alliance made up of couples - they were always going to be easy targets for the house. 

So I'm just gonna sit here and laugh come Thurs.  Bye Felicia (Vanessa)!!!

This.  I'm a fan of Vanessa, for sure, and would definitely prefer someone like Austin, Steve, or even John go home before she does.  But at least I'm man enough to admit that she got herself into her position, and if she is evicted on Thursday, it's no one's fault but her own.

Becky's attitude since becoming HOH has been of the "Brava to me!" variety.  Until you've won the game, you can't be sure your plan will prove out either.

But she's already admitted that her plan might not work.  She got some vibes that Shelli could go to the jury instead of Vanessa.  Nonetheless, she's more happy that her plan looks like it might work.  But she's definitely keeping an eye on things to make sure it does.

Edited by Stinger97
  • Love 5

Steve's just so awkward and ignorant and sheltered. Those things are likely what's making him come off so creepy and bizarre to me, but it doesn't make him come off any less creepy and bizarre.

Maybe I'm just missing any moments of Becky being a sore winner and having HOHitis and personally attacking Vanessa. I have literally not seen any of this. Calling out Vanessa's strategy and targeting her isn't bad. It's what you're supposed to do as HOH. And I don't see her acting like she's queen now and she's never gonna be in trouble. She's even talking right now about how she will be the target next week.

• Love 4

I don't get the feeds in Canada, so I've been relying on you guys. For the most part, you've been doing a great job, but why did I have to find out that John has a hairy back by watching the broadcast episode?

LMAO! That was new to me as well and I was very taken aback. Someone in editing doesn't like John, I think. That was rough.

Steve is definitely a decent person. He's just really, really awkward to be around. I have no problem with Julia not wanting any part of him, but at the same time, "girls like me"? Seriously, Julia? Like you're royalty or something? 

• Love 8

It's stuff like this that just keeps me from being able to see Steve as anything but creepy. He gets a pass for all his weird/gross comments because he's 'awkward' and 'nerdy.' I wish someone would explain stuff to him though. Like obviously he's very sheltered and ignorant, so he just needs to learn some life lessons.

And I'm still waiting for someone to explain the reason for his bizarre OTT Becky hate.

• Love 1

For some reason I decided to torture myself just now and I watched a bit of this John/Steve convo. They're talking about the Julia crush situation and Steve said, "Just like her boobs, completely and totally false." Really, Steve? Please let him go in the DE. I'm so mad everyone's stopped targeting him lol.

But she's already admitted that her plan might not work.  She got some vibes that Shelli could go to the jury instead of Vanessa.  Nonetheless, she's more happy that her plan looks like it might work.  But she's definitely keeping an eye on things to make sure it does.

Okay - I may have missed some of it.  I just thought she looked so pleased with herself for making what seemed to me like an obvious plan. 

I'll say this though...I think the reason everything seems to be working out so well - nobody cluing in Vanessa - is because it is obvious and simple and there are no complications or caveats.  She also dispensed with everything pretty quickly - plan made, communicated to the team, let's go to sleep.  Not much to ruminate over when it's taken care of efficiently.  Maybe that's her Black Friday training!

What is a stan?  

:)  I wondered about that too.  I wasn't sure if I should be insulted or not.  Maybe Escape meant fan?

Edited by Vicky
  • Love 3

For some reason I decided to torture myself just now and I watched a bit of this John/Steve convo. They're talking about the Julia crush situation and Steve said, "Just like her boobs, completely and totally false." Really, Steve? Please let him go in the DE. I'm so mad everyone's stopped targeting him lol.

I was going to be disappointed in Julia for her 'girls like me' comment, but then I read this and I forgive her. I don't mind Steve, but I really don't understand him, and he just doesn't add much to the show for me. I much prefer him gone over others.

• Love 2

Stan. But it sounds more negative there than how I think of it. I mean I refer to myself as a stan of things. It basically just means you're a big fan of something.

Thanks!  Of course I'm familiar with the song but never heard that term before (I'm fucking old, because that song is like 15 yrs old, damn).  And thanks for explaining that it's not as negative as it seems, because "Stan" was a crazy fucking violent stalker, so... yeah.  

Who started this Steve/Julia bs anyway?  Sounds like it wasn't either of them.  

• Love 3

Stan. But it sounds more negative there than how I think of it. I mean I refer to myself as a stan of things. It basically just means you're a big fan of something.

HA! HA!  That's hilarious!  I am not a maniac for Vanessa - but I have enjoyed her BB game.  I think Escape meant the more literal definition, though I will not hold a grudge!! :)

• Love 1

Vanessa put herself in this position. She turned on Jason and Jeff because she didn't have the guts to evict Austin and Audrey. She was stupid to be in an alliance made up of couples - they were always going to be easy targets for the house.

Vanessa's mistake was bringing attention to herself last week when she could have just sat back and watched. Getting rid of Jeff and Jason made sense at the time because it gave S6 good odd in HOH competitions that didn't work out. But if she played last week more like the Austwins and just socialized, she'd be in a lot better shape. I mean, the Austwins are a huge target that she managed to throw herself in front of.

And S6 hasn't really done anything malicious to warrant personal attacks (and vice versa). They just started playing the game 5 weeks before the others - the power shifts just didn't work out in their favor. I don't really get what Vanessa did to offend Becky so much (or for that matter, Steve as well), but I'm sure others see it differently.

This is one of the first seasons we don't have anyone really horrible (Hi, Frankie!), though, so it's easier to see things from both sides' perspectives.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3

Who started this Steve/Julia bs anyway?  Sounds like it wasn't either of them.  

It was Steve. Back when the twins were playing as one he told Vanessa he thought 'Liz' wanted a showmance with him. Fast forward to Julia coming in and he thinks it was her. He made a deal with John this week to showmance Julia in jury. Then he went to Shelli telling her that Julia's crush on him makes him uncomfortable because he doesn't wanna have a showmance for game reasons, etc. And then when John just talked to him about it and said Julia was worried Steve was telling people about it he made the 'fake boobs' comment.

I STILL don't know the origin of "stan." Did it originate with the Eminem song? Stalker/fan=stan seems like such an obvious thing that it seems hard to believe that Eminem coined the term, but he always gets credit.

I always thought it was a portmanteau of stalker and fan, too. I think that's why the Eminem song is called Stan, so I guess that's just how the word became mainstream.

Are they being personally attacked? I keep seeing this brought up, but I haven't seen any evidence of it myself.

Honestly, I haven't seen the feeds too much this weekend so I was just going off of what other people said!

ETA: I did read that Becky has a mean speech, though, so I didn't doubt it got personal.

Edited by mooses

Are they being personally attacked? I keep seeing this brought up, but I haven't seen any evidence of it myself.

I'm not sure if it would be considered an attack or not, but Jackie has gone pretty far overboard when she describes Shelli and Vanessa in particular.  And Jackie goes on and on and on - it doesn't stop for a long time, it seems.

Edited by Vicky
  • Love 3

Honestly, this week has been going on too long for me. It feels like it's been going on for two weeks, and it's only been three days. I think it's because I'm not a fan of the ADC alliance at all, and I am a fan of Vanessa and Steve. So, having the outcome pretty much decided when Becky won HOH, it's just dragging. I know it's going to be eventful once Vanessa's actually up and I know Shelli vs Vanessa is going to be good, but we already know Vanessa's going. Unless she's a relative of Dan Gheesling, I'm just bored by it all and want to move on to the Double Eviction. I've resigned to the fact that Vanessa's gone, and there's going to be nothing she can do to change it. 

• Love 4

It was Steve. Back when the twins were playing as one he told Vanessa he thought 'Liz' wanted a showmance with him. Fast forward to Julia coming in and he thinks it was her. He made a deal with John this week to showmance Julia in jury. Then he went to Shelli telling her that Julia's crush on him makes him uncomfortable because he doesn't wanna have a showmance for game reasons, etc. And then when John just talked to him about it and said Julia was worried Steve was telling people about it he made the 'fake boobs' comment.

Thanks for the backstory, I had no idea.  Yeah, I guess the fact that Julia (as "Liz") paid attention to him when no one else but Vanessa (for game) did, it gave him the wrong idea.  Awkward.  The boobs comment - rude for sure, but it sounds like that was his socially awkward way of trying to bond with Johnny Mac because he thinks they're bros and that's what bros do.  Steve really has so social awareness, but for some reason I find him somewhat endearing and unintentionally hilarious (ok, maybe part of that has to do with his crazy ass Becky rant in the DR)... and I still like Julia but "girls like me" is obnoxious no matter how you slice it.  

• Love 4

I think Steve's hatred for Becky is one sided, right? I know she joked with Jason about him at one time but that's about it. For some reason, in the DR Steve real loves to show us how much he hates Becky. I think in the end Becky would be kind of surprised by it all.

• Love 2

I think Steve's hatred for Becky is one sided, right? I know she joked with Jason about him at one time but that's about it. For some reason, in the DR Steve real loves to show us how much he hates Becky. I think in the end Becky would be kind of surprised by it all.

I'm pretty sure I heard Becky trash talking him also. I feel like I was so shocked by Steve's first mean DR, it made me after hearing Becky do the same thing.

Adding on to the idea of personal attacks, I'm also thinking about viewers. I feel like I'm missing something. So much vitriol gets thrown around (in general, not just this forum), especially towards Vanessa and Shelli, but none of these HGs seem like horrible people. I obviously have my favorites and least favorites, but it's one of the few seasons where I don't really love or hate any one.

ETA: I'm really talking about actual nasty hatred towards HGs. I love this place because it's mostly awesome snark (my favorite!) and everyone gets it equally from Meg to Becky to James.

Just clearing up, I don't want to sound like a righteous jerk or a hyporcrite.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2

What they do is ridicule Vanessa's gameplay. It is excessive but it is not personal. 

In a house where they are deprived of any form of distraction and are competing with each other, they could easily descend into mean petty people. Especially when they are in power and plan to take out an enemy is seemingly going well. It has happened plenty of times in the house, it is expected.

I have not seen that since Becky won HOH but because it is expected so an easy perception. Even more so  if you are a fan of Vanessa's and or dislike Becky. Any negative  thing she and her allies say about Vanessa or a SS member is categorized as a personal attack. However, if you are watching and listening to their conversation, they are doing anything but. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 3

I'm pretty sure I heard Becky trash talking him also.

I watch a lot of feeds and have missed this. I didn't read it updates anywhere. 

I have heard Jackie, Julia, Shelli and Meg say meaner things to him that is aware of yet he doesn't dislike them as much as he seem to Becky. By meaner, I mean laughing with Jason that the cameras give them more privacy. A statement that was made by Jason btw. Becky shouldn't have laughed but I see how she thought it was a funny comment. 

• Love 1

I watch a lot of feeds and have missed this. I didn't read it updates anywhere.

I have heard Jackie, Julia, Shelli and Meg say meaner things to him that is aware of yet he doesn't dislike them as much as he seem to Becky. By meaner, I mean laughing with Jason that the cameras give them more privacy. A statement that was made by Jason btw. Becky shouldn't have laughed but I see how she thought it was a funny comment.

So do I, but I could be wrong. I just think I realized the Becky and Steve hate is mutual from listening to her. It's just funny, from my perspective, so I don't think it matters too much.

What they do is ridicule Vanessa's gameplay. It is excessive but it is not personal. 

In a house where they are deprived of any form of distraction and are competing with each other, they could easily descend into mean petty people. Especially when they are in power and plan to take out an enemy is seemingly going well. It has happened plenty of times in the house, it is expected.

I have not seen that since Becky won HOH but because it is expected so an easy perception. Even more so  if you are a fan of Vanessa and or dislike Becky. Any negative  thing she and her allies say about Vanessa or a SS member is categorized as a personal attack. If you are watching and listening to their conversation, they are doing anything but. 

Well, Becky, Jackie, and Johnny have all said they HATE her multiple times, which seems over the top, but we've heard WAAAAYY worse on this show, so that barely registers.  I agree, this group is less objectionable as a whole than most (or maybe ALL since the start of Grodner's reign of terror).  But I don't have the feeds - all I'm reading and seeing on BBAD is a lot of self congratulatory shit and gloating, I haven't heard of much in the realm of personal attacks either.  Becky just seems so fucking SMUG to me.  I don't really mind the rest of them as people, even if I'm not actively rooting for them.  And I really WANT to like James for gameplay reasons and he's occasionally funny but OMG he's just such a dog, I can't.  

ETA also meant to quote the post upthread that mentioned this group being better than most in terms of fewer personal attacks... can't quite figure out the multi quote thing on an edit.  

Edited by yankee1151
  • Love 3

So do I, but I could be wrong. I just think I realized the Becky and Steve hate is mutual from listening to her. It's just funny, from my perspective, so I don't think it matters too much.

I read somewhere that Steve overheard Becky trash talking about him before the Veto competition with the squirrel costumes.

• Love 1

I find Steve's OTT hatred of Becky hilarious, mostly because (from reading these posts) no one can seem to determine or agree upon exactly where/why it originated or if it is, in fact mutual.  It's like the mystery of the season.  We need Scooby Doo up in that bitch.  

• Love 3