Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

It'll either be the egg comp, teacups, or... do we dare hope for The One?

Are you referring to Pressure Cooker? I haven't watched season 6 but I've seen clip on YT and would love if they did that. I think are too many people left to do eggs/teacups. Edited by Chrissytd
  • Love 1

Hahaha! Vanessa just asked Clay and John if they are related or gay lovers because those are the only things that would make sense. John wishes!

Edited by Marie80
  • Love 2

The thing is, now Vanessa is convinced John is covering for Clay when it's the complete opposite. But her gut says it, so she won't chance her mind! And she's just protesting too much that she's not Shelli's brain.

Is Pressure Cooker when they pee themselves?

Edited by mooses

A random fact and a plea to BB: The longest endurance competition was "Pressure Cooker" in Big Brother 6, which lasted for 14 hours. We'd love to see another. Tonight if possible. I will stay up and watch the whole damned thing if it happens.

I'm still not sold on teacups, because of the number of HGs competing. Not sure about the egg one. It can be made smaller since it will only be one person versus the double HoH version they did last season.

We're onto Jeff highlights. Boo. 

• Love 1

I pray it isn't tea cups. Austin is a virtual lock for that one.

I don't even wanna get my hopes up that it's Pressure Cooker. That would almost be too much for me!

I would be happy with the Endurance challenge that Danielle won in BB7.

Which one was that? The spider one? I loved that and don't see why they've never used it again.

• Love 1

I pray it isn't tea cups. Austin is a virtual lock for that one.

I don't even wanna get my hopes up that it's Pressure Cooker. That would almost be too much for me!

Which one was that? The spider one? I loved that and don't see why they've never used it again.

Yep, the spider web.  I'd be cool with that too, but I doubt we're going to get any pre-Grodner comp that hasn't been seen since :(

I'm starting a prayer circle that Jackie, Becky, or John win HOH if anyone wants to join in!

Tbh, if Becky wins, I might take a week off. She's the only person I couldn't stand to watch in power for a week.

• Love 5

But then wouldn't you miss her insanity when she got voted out?

Not really. I can't stand her!

This season has proven that even when a crazy person goes another one just sprouts up in their place lol. It's the season that keeps on giving!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

Not really. I can't stand her!

And this season have proven that even when a crazy person goes another one just sprouts up in their place lol. It's the season that keeps on giving!

She's annoying, but she brings the drama. I think the show would get boring without her.
  • Love 4

And if it were Jackie doing it, with her don't give a fuck attitude... it could take over this week as Best Week Ever this season. Especially if it was Shelli and Vanessa on the block together. OMG. I shouldn't dare hope for something that amazing.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4

And if it were Jackie doing it, with her don't give a fuck attitude... it could take over this week as Best Week Ever this season. Especially if it was Shelli and Vanessa on the block together. OMG. I shouldn't dare hope for something that amazing.

It's almost too beautiful. Like I don't deserve so much amazingness!

• Love 1

"Gay lovers", eh, Vanessa? How about just lovers? Kind of a dumb thing for a lesbian to say. 

Also, can we please stop calling Vanessa a smart player. Entertaining - fine. But smart players don't do stuff like this right before an HOH comp. Smart players also don't have half the house wanting to evict them.

• Love 5

It's gotta be slip and slide, which actually gives the non-S6 peeps a fighting chance because it eliminates a lot of people.

The only people I could see winning it are Austin, Becky, Jackie, and maybe Shelli. Basically 2 vs 2. Though Austin is probably the favorite. It's a good thing Clay is going because he would have crushed this.

So, what I've pieced together from twitter and feeds:

1. John and Clay were talking, Clay asked John to vote him out; John didn't want to because he thought Vanessa was controlling Shelli;

2. Clay told V/S, that James told John that Vanessa was controlling Shelli;

3.  Vanessa went to James to ask him why he would say that, James denied it and decided to confront Clay;

4.  James/Clay almost come to blows; simultaneously Vanessa is confronting John...then fishes

5.  When we come out of it,  James/Clay apologize (I'd love to hear the house voice during fishes), John initially denies saying anything about Vanessa, then admits he came up with the idea on his own;

6.  Clay tries to cover for John and says it was all his doing;

7  Vanessa doesn't believe believe either because she thinks they are both related

8  House, she be blown up.

• Love 7

I don't think Austin will be very good at the slip and slide.  He just seems very clumsy to me.  His strides may be longer, but that means nothing if he is falling on his ass every 2 seconds.  I could be wrong, but I pray that I am right.

• Love 6

It's gotta be slip and slide, which actually gives the non-S6 peeps a fighting chance because it eliminates a lot of people.

The only people I could see winning it are Austin, Becky, Jackie, and maybe Shelli. Basically 2 vs 2. Though Austin is probably the favorite. It's a good thing Clay is going because he would have crushed this.

I really dislike the slip and slide comp.  Always favors tall men (has a woman ever won it?) and it just looks PAINFUL.  

• Love 2

Son of bitching hell the feeds and I are not friends today, all damn day I get Jeff/Fish, then 15 minutes before I head to dinner they come on, while I am at dinner all hell breaks loose and I miss it ALL, and now that I'm back home in my jammies with a bottle of Malbec: fucking Jeff again. BALLS.

Reading through it, everything that happens only confirms why I love Vanessa and want  her to stay, entertaining as hell, and I'm pretty convinced she did all that to ENSURE Clay was out the door. Good thing you aren't like manipulated by Vanessa at all Johnny Mac. Also fuck that guy I haven't liked him since Day 1 and now can't wait for him to get bounced, him and Jackie, though I like the idea of her of her staying for the battle of wills.

• Love 2

Since I've been watching, it's been all men who have won the slip n slide save for the team challenge during the racists season:

BB13 - Jeff 

BB14 - Shane

BB15 - Jeremy/Aaryn (and they cheated)

BB16 - Caleb 

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 1

I don't think the backyard is big enough for 10 lanes for the Slip N Slide comp. I say something similar to the Egg comp?

If we get Pressure Cooker I WOULD DIE! But they wouldn't need to draw numbers for that. So who the hell knows.

• Love 1

can we please stop calling Vanessa a smart player.

I'll continue to assess Vanessa as I see her and her game, both of which IMO have been smart. I see no evidence she's "not smart", making mistakes doesn't equal dumb, every player makes mistakes, it's the quality, kind and intention behind those mistakes that makes something dumb. Dumb is thinking you can control a vote when you can't. Dumb is realizing, 6 weeks into the game after 25 people told you, that maybe all these people who voted out Jason are in a fucking alliance. Dumb is being afraid of what James will do to you next week when he's not HoH. Dumb is having 10 reasons to vote out Clay but continually changing your mind to vote out Shelli...for only ONE reason. Dumb is confessing your upcoming game strategy to Vanessa's ally who is walking out the door, because you're secretly in love with him.

Vanessa is not a safe player, she IS a gambler and gamblers LIKE risk, they live on that shit, so I'm not surprised she often goes for these huge complicated gambits, and bless her because it is fun to watch.

• Love 12

What the holy hell is happening here?  Is this a Vanessa play or has she absolutely lost her god damn mind?

Possibly both, but mostly the latter. Wow.

Finally able to flashback and watch all of this- sheesh! It's amazing to me that Vanessa basically called JMac dumb about six times, right to his face. "No way you figured any of this out yourself!" And then later "Are you playing this game or not?" Even though, sure, he wasn't their number one target, but he's not exactly in their alliance either, so her incredulous-ness is a little over the top. And rude. Clay couldn't care less about Vanessa's fit either, which might be the most I've ever liked it.

I have issues, because I am really hoping that they're all still in some weird fight for the live show. I know it's unlikely, but Clay is over it, and James has been not giving any fucks all week, and Vanessa is spiraling; it'd be amazing for them all to lose it and for Julie Chen to try to shut it all down.

• Love 3

I'll continue to assess Vanessa as I see her and her game, both of which IMO have been smart. I see no evidence she's "not smart", making mistakes doesn't equal dumb, every player makes mistakes, it's the quality, kind and intention behind those mistakes that makes something dumb. Dumb is thinking you can control a vote when you can't. Dumb is realizing, 6 weeks into the game after 25 people told you, that maybe all these people who voted out Jason are in a fucking alliance. Dumb is being afraid of what James will do to you next week when he's not HoH. Dumb is having 10 reasons to vote out Clay but continually changing your mind to vote out Shelli...for only ONE reason. Dumb is confessing your upcoming game strategy to Vanessa's ally who is walking out the door, because you're secretly in love with him.

Vanessa is not a safe player, she IS a gambler and gamblers LIKE risk, they live on that shit, so I'm not surprised she often goes for these huge complicated gambits, and bless her because it is fun to watch.

Preach! I honestly think a lot of this is strategy. I could be wrong. But watching her play poker and other interviews I've seen of her, she is so calm and mellow but serious. I don't think she behaves like this in real life.

I think she's the best strategic player in the game. And I love watching her run around the house, it cracks me up.

• Love 6

I think Vanessa is incredibly smart and sometimes I think she loses her mind.  I haven't fully played this all out to back my theory, but I think she becomes highly emotional when she's up against someone not playing rationally, because pro poker players, generally speaking, play the odds and play rationally and only occasionally bluff.  She can't understand why Shelli would turn on her when they have been solid numbers together. She can't understand why Austin/twins would think of giving up the numbers to appease James, when he doesn't have the numbers to win this next week.  She can't understand why John would be involved in selling her out when they have had a final 9 deal for ages. She can't understand Jackie against her when she kept her specific word to Jackie, etc., etc. These decisions are not rational to her.  Then, she has to spin something in her mind to make their moves seem rational to her, which makes her come off as irrational.

Anyway, I'll take Vanessa all day because she's always thinking and strategizing, but always also seems on a bit of a tilt in the game.  I want her to stay for a long time. It's fascinating to me.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 7

I just don't know about Vanessa. While I think every thing she says and thinks and does and dreams about in this house is her strategy, it doesn't mean it's good strategy. It's just so.....extra. So unnecessary. And I should start counting the number of random ass things she's 100% sure about. I don't think that's all some master plan to get people to bite on ridiculous conspiracy theories, I do think she overthinks things to a kind of ridiculous point. I think she's smart as hell, but a bit too smart for her own good at times.

I really want any of the non Austwins/Vanessa/Shelli/Steve to win HOH, and I really want to see what Vanessa does on the block, but I don't want her to leave yet. I want her to either save herself through veto or find a brilliant way to get out of eviction.

Sounds like all of this awesomeness today was Clay being an idiot, John saying too much and not knowing how to lie about it, and Vanessa making damn sure everyone knows that she has "Reasons" to make sure Clay gets booted and John becoming a huge target. Because that girl is all about the Reasons.

• Love 4

but I think she becomes highly emotional when she's up against someone not playing rationally, because pro poker players, generally speaking, play the odds and play rationally and only occasionally bluff.  She can't understand why Austin/twins would think of giving up the numbers to appease James, when he doesn't have the numbers to win this next week.

Oh absolutely irrational game play makes her insane, I think this why she likes to at least check in with Steve, because she knows whatever else he's gonna do he'll be RATIONAL, every time she talks with someone to "persuade" them, she mentions that they *have to do what's BEST for their game*  so when they contemplate something that is clearly not the BEST for their game her smacking hand gets itchy, but she can't actually smack them and instead she has to figure out a way to explain to them how dumb their being w/o actually saying they are dumb (my favorite was when she basically told James she always does the math, but she understands that they don't use or understand basic math). Today she clearly reached a breaking point since she did tell John he was dumb. I think that was just arrogance, because she IS surrounded by SO MANY dumb players, it hasn't occurred to her that John or Becky are just playing certain roles in the house that don't really represent they're overall game/strategy.

it doesn't mean it's good strategy.

Eh this game (and Survivor and anything that includes unpredictable elements like competitions) isn't entirely dependent on good strategy people with shitty strategies and shitty games have won (JUN and yes Dr. Will), and people with really good smart strategy have lost (Danielle). There are lots of ways to win, and lots of ways to lose there isn't one right good way and one consistent wrong bad way.

• Love 2

So, what I've pieced together from twitter and feeds:

1. John and Clay were talking, Clay asked John to vote him out; John didn't want to because he thought Vanessa was controlling Shelli;

2. Clay told V/S, that James told John that Vanessa was controlling Shelli;

3.  Vanessa went to James to ask him why he would say that, James denied it and decided to confront Clay;

4.  James/Clay almost come to blows; simultaneously Vanessa is confronting John...then fishes

5.  When we come out of it,  James/Clay apologize (I'd love to hear the house voice during fishes), John initially denies saying anything about Vanessa, then admits he came up with the idea on his own;

6.  Clay tries to cover for John and says it was all his doing;

7  Vanessa doesn't believe believe either because she thinks they are both related

8  House, she be blown up.

Thanks for that, and especially for the bit on how Clay and James got close to getting physical. I am catching up on the whole day just now, and that part came out from left field.

I also agree with your take on Vanessa. Her poker skills are all about predicting what players will do with the hand they most likely have. Emotion doesn't figure into it there in the way it certainly does here, which makes houseguests less predictable and often willing to favor "loyalty" over hard cold fact.

The one twin in the dark blue seemed to be smoking it, but I have a feeling Becky will have the endurance. Honestly, I never thought Austin would be that good at This because of the slippery aspect. He has lots of muscles, but I have a feeling his endurance isn't that great. That said, Go Becky!

• Love 1

Feeds back on.  Since last summer, and the last time we saw the slippery endurance test, I fell on a slippery floor and broke my arm.  It no longer seems as much fun.  :-) 

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 1

a. k. a. my worst nightmare

I'm glad someone else shares my Becky hate.  I honestly would rather uselsss Meg win than her.  One twin does seem to be doing very well, but no one I ever want to win actually wins this particular comp.  

• Love 1

Austin has a bad back, the complete lack of stability in this one, I'd think this competition would kill him. I can never really tell who has more and is leading, and there is no way I can stay up for this.

The one camera is focused on Jackie/Johnny Mac not sure if that means they are in the "lead".

ETA: James urged on Julia and Becky though so maybe their hauling ass.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 2

I think Vanessa is both smart and playing a frenzied game. She drives me nuts but she does bring drama and I wasn't expecting that back when she was first seen on the feeds as a pathetic hot mess.

I'm glad someone else shares my Becky hate. I honestly would rather uselsss Meg win than her.

Oh god, me too. I'd rather have 2 Meg HOHs in a row than 1 Becky HOH.
  • Love 3