Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

That was the chance to push and gain some ground. It's not like the game was out of reach. Jokic was on the bench for a lot of time. Brown made huge plays. 

Butler left a lot of points on the table. He drove the lane and had an easy 8 footer and kicked out way too much. 

• Like 2

Connor McGregor was at the game last night. Like we really need his presence at the NBA Finals. 😒

As for the game itself, Jokic got his 5th foul in the 4th Quarter & that was a great chance for the Heat to possibly make that comeback victory happen. Sadly for them, Denver kept making big basket after big basket & won the game going away 108-95. ESPN was very very sad with that result.

Frankly, I'll be very surprised if the Heat win Game 5 on Monday Night. They tried like hell to win last night & it just wasn't enough. I'm sure that the Heat will give a similar effort on Monday Night in Denver & it probably still wouldn't be enough for a win. 

BTW, ESPN brought it this stat after the game. Out of 36 teams that went up 3-1 in the NBA Finals, 35 of them went to win it all. We all know who that one team is that didn't finish the job. 🤣 😂

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Magog said:

BTW, ESPN brought it this stat after the game. Out of 36 teams that went up 3-1 in the NBA Finals, 35 of them went to win it all. We all know who that one team is that didn't finish the job. 🤣 😂

Yes, but it bears repeating; it cannot be mentioned often enough.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Magog said:

😒

As I've said before, my worst birthday ever. 👎

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, Magog said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I'm still not ready to say "series over" since the 2023 East Finals is a part of the story of the Association.  However, if I had to bet, I think things will end on Monday.  I can also see Miami winning since, unlike someone else in their conference, they're playing until it's over.  If they win Game 5, it'll be due to them having to "empty the tank" to survive.  At which point, they'll lose 4-2, and at home in Game six as they'll have nothing left.  The Heat are talented, but not on a level of the 2016 Cavs.  It is a fair point that they played a ton more games than Denver, but it's also a fair point that the Nuggets are much, much better.  Even if Herro & Oladipo were available.  TBH, I can't wait to see the reasoning on the former; I would've just said day-to-day from the start.

Hats off to Denver.  Winning both games on the road against a team like the Miami Heat.  Given their run, I'd put it 3rd place right now, right behind teams like the 2001 Lakers and another team 16 years later that people may have heard of

13 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

With the Stanley Cup playoffs now at 3-1 in favor of Las Vegas, teams from the state of Florida could lose two championship games in the space of 24 hours on Monday and Tuesday nights.

I was thinking the same. I hold out hope that at least one of the teams can win. Both are on the road, so a daunting task.

On 6/11/2023 at 12:41 AM, Salacious Kitty said:

I was thinking the same. I hold out hope that at least one of the teams can win. Both are on the road, so a daunting task.

Well, Herro may be returning (meh); it's better than nothing if he can contribute, but not 3 straight wins just for his presence.

Regardless, I think the NBA Florida team has the better shot since their only win was on the road (the other Florida team's only win was a home overtime victory).

Whatever happens is out of my hands.  Not sure I can say the same about the people officiating the game, but I can bet that whatever happens is in the control of the players, period

Congrats to the Nuggets on their first championship! Now all of Denver’s sports teams have won a championship (shoot, never mind since the Rockies haven’t won). 

• Like 2

If it could not be the Warriors (well, we got used to winning but this year was definitely not our year) then go Nuggets! Jokic deserves all the YAYS! What a great win and so sorry for Jimmy Butler who willed his team to a win but it wasn't enough.

• Like 1
(edited)

Stat heard this morning - first western conference team since 1979 that is not from Texas or California to win the championship (Seattle SuperSonics).

Now since the Mavs weren’t exactly a juggernaut, that means in 44 years (other than 2011 [?]) only the Lakers and Warriors have won the chip from the West.

Sorry Pop.  TOTALLY forgot about the Spurs.

Edited by mojoween
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Congrats to the Nuggets for their first NBA Title. I also would like to congratulate Ish Smith for finally being an NBA Champion. I didn't even know that he was on the Nuggets, much less still in the NBA. This guy played for 13 NBA teams in 13 seasons. 

Also DeAndre Jordan (formerly of Lob City (Clippers)) is also an NBA Champion. Thankfully, he got away from those losers from Lob City & the Knicks to finally become an NBA Champion. He was a big help in last night's game. Congrats to him too. Hopefully, Blake Griffin is very very salty right now.

Edited by Magog

I hope he's salty too LOL.

Speaking of "hoping" for something, I had to laugh a little & needed one (last night was a tough one for me outside of the NBA (I'm fine)).

To be specific, I decided to search someone with the keywords "durant denver" and the results didn't disappoint.  In fact, the very first result is what came up (exactly how I pictured it)!

11 hours ago, Marley said:

Jokic with his kid is so damn cute! He’s so calm even after winning the championship and MVP lol.

Jamal Murray crying got me.

To make it even cuter, her shirt read TATA above the 15 on the back, which is Serbian for daddy.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

While I would have been ok with either team winning, congratulations to the Nuggets for their first NBA title. 

The highlight of the on court celebration was Jokic's adorable, chubby-cheeked daughter. 😊

• Like 5
(edited)

The Nuggets victory parade is about to start & hopefully someone on there today will bring in some Draymond-type energy and/or make a Draymond-type speech 

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Magog said:

The Nuggets victory parade is about to start & hopefully someone on there today will bring in some Draymond-type energy and/or make a Draymond-type speech 

Wouldn't be surprised if Michael Malone was the guy here

• Like 3
(edited)
22 hours ago, Carey said:
23 hours ago, Magog said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Michael Malone was the guy here

And Michael Malone most definitely brought some Draymond-type energy to the parade & I love it. Even the Denver mayor was talking smack to the Lakers & that was hilarious. Draymond would of been proud of that. 

Anyway, here are the highlights of the Denver Nuggets victory parade. 

Denver Nuggets - Full Championship Parade Speech

Jamal Murray & Nikola Jokic speech at Nuggets Parade

KCP doing the Stone Cold beer smash at Nuggets parade

I hope that Carmelo Anthony is somewhere feeling some type of way while watching the parade. First, one of his Knicks teammate that he can't stand (Jeremy Lin) became an NBA Champion with the Raptors several yrs ago. Now, his former team finally got their first NBA Championship.

Breaking News: Ja Morant has been suspended for 25 games to start next season. Hopefully, this wake-up call & losing a lot of money because of it will get him back in the right direction. Ja should be very lucky that David Stern (god rest his soul) isn't the commissioner in charge because Ja's punishment would of been even worst if Stern was in charge.

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1
47 minutes ago, mojoween said:

25 games is 5 fewer than the guy who was convicted of domestic violence so it’s going to be interesting to see what exactly Ja did.

We know what he did, he was waving around a gun on social media AFTER he was already suspended and warned to cut it out.  If you ignore the warning then the league has to come down harder on you, otherwise they've just proven their warning means nothing.  How does it compare to someone guilty of domestic violence?  Well, I'm sure there will be plenty of digital ink spilled on that one.

• Like 2

I'll have to check to see if Adam did this, but if Roger were the one making the ruling, I'd imagine Ja would be out indefinitely.  Still 25 games but he would have to do something, a lot of something to be reinstated.  Of course 41 games or a year-long I would not have ruled out since...well, how do you error on the same thing so soon after you were punished in the first place

4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Draymond is declining his option and will become an unrestricted free agent.

Beginning of the end for the Dubs?

Does he want more money solely or does he want to go to a different team?