Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation Discussion

I was at the event last night and I will say that no spoilers will be more satisfying than watching the episode as it airs. The audience was laughing and gasping the whole time, the energy was absolutely electric. It serves well as both a season and series finale and, IMO, where they leave each character is smart and made sense.

Three more days!! (If you haven't seen the Yahoo screencast of the Q&A you really need to, the cast was hilarious.) Sorry for the vagueness but just wanted to assuage any fears that the finale will be a letdown.

Edited by niklj
  • Love 1

Your so lucky you saw the finale early. I am dying to see it. Now I want to see it more. It better not disappoint. I trust you but still have that fear. I am also so jealous that you probably met the cast. Shiri Appleby looked stunning. What a natural beauty. I watched the live stream and the cast was hysterical. Especially Craig.

Edited by earlbny

This is just speculation but what if Adam does end up proposing to one of the girls in the end - just like the show wants him to, but then gets rejected by said girl? I've been thinking about ways this could go and this just popped in my head.....

Wow! No spoilers at all, patting myself on the back for this random guess, lol.

• Love 4

For next season:

I don't foresee Anna or any of the contestants coming back. 

I think they are being cagey about Freddy coming back.  They must know for sure but are playing footsie with us.  I don't care; either way I am looking forward to what they will do.  

• Love 1

For next season:

I don't foresee Anna or any of the contestants coming back. 

I think they are being cagey about Freddy coming back.  They must know for sure but are playing footsie with us.  I don't care; either way I am looking forward to what they will do.  

Same here. One thing I know for sure which they have said is that next season will focus even more on Rachel. they love to tease us.

I just noticed on my dvr that there is something for Unreal airing on Wednesday April 13th and the description says "The Faith Diaries: Week One/Week Two - After Everlasting, a surprise new opportunity brings Faith and Amy to Los Angeles." Has anyone heard anything about this? I thought new episodes weren't starting until this summer?

Edited by amandabanana

You can watch all of The Faith Diaries

or on the Lifetime site (if you're in the US, which I'm not). It's a little webseries following Faith and Amy as they move to LA. Takes about an hour to watch the whole thing.
  • Love 1

Here's a spoiler about the the season 2 opening scene courtesy of Emmy magazine.

We open on them (Rachel and Quinn) in a vegas hotel suite with coke and money and poker chips all over, dancing on tables with hot black dudes.

(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 9:24 AM, earlbny said:

Here's a spoiler about the the season 2 opening scene courtesy of Emmy magazine.

We open on them (Rachel and Quinn) in a vegas hotel suite with coke and money and poker chips all over, dancing on tables with hot black dudes.

I think that the two "hot black dudes" partying with Rachel and Quinn in Vegas are Darius and his cousin Romeo, and that's how Darius will be involved in that PR scandal to end up as the new suitor for the new season of "Everlasting" for season two of "UnREAL"!

Edited by Chris Burgess
  • Love 1
(edited)

According to this article (about the cast talking about season 2 at PaleyLive), Both Craig Bierko & Josh Kelly said that their respective characters Chet & Jeremy are still in love with Quinn & Rachel respectively (even though the article said that Chet & Quinn will not get back together again, but I hope that Jeremy & Rachel don't get back together either!)! How can Chet & Jeremy (who will have bad blood against Rachel this season for cheating on him with Adam last season) still be in love with their exes if they're both becoming men's rights activists and Rachel & Quinn are getting new love interests in season 2? Rachel & Quinn would never go back to their exes since both of them are feminists and Chet & Jeremy are joining the "meninist" movement!:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/unreal-season-2-preview-896856

Edited by Chris Burgess
On 5/24/2016 at 2:14 AM, Chris Burgess said:

According to this article (about the cast talking about season 2 at PaleyLive), Both Craig Bierko & Josh Kelly said that their respective characters Chet & Jeremy are still in love with Quinn & Rachel respectively (even though the article said that Chet & Quinn will not get back together again, but I hope that Jeremy & Rachel don't get back together either!)! How can Chet & Jeremy (who will have bad blood against Rachel this season for cheating on him with Adam last season) still be in love with their exes if they're both becoming men's rights activists and Rachel & Quinn are getting new love interests in season 2? Rachel & Quinn would never go back to their exes since both of them are feminists and Chet & Jeremy are joining the "meninist" movement!:

I can't stand Jeremy.  The actor is dull as dishwater.  I want Freddie.  Get rid of Jeremy PLEASE.

• Love 1
On 5/23/2016 at 11:14 PM, Chris Burgess said:

The heart wants what it wants and often it defies logic. 

• Love 1

Here's a link to a review that actually give you a major spoiler. We'll sort of. They don't tell you the complete spoiler but hint that something happens. I can't wait to find out.

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/06/unreal-season-2-review-lifetime-black-bachelor-1201683693/

Also, without revealing any spoilers, Episode 2 introduces a major new player at the end, and I’m eager to see how that affects the never-ending power struggles of “UnREAL” in the episodes that follow.

• Love 2

And the new season is in many ways more unsettling than the last, because Rachel has — after Quinn blew up her attempt to escape this show, and this life, at the end of last season — now fully broken bad, rather than acting above a job that she is better at than anyone, including Quinn. There are some plot contortions along the way to keep her from maybe going too far, too fast — the end of the second episode introduces a bland-seeming new character to create even more chaos in the war for control of Everlasting — but credit to the UnREAL creative team for pushing Rachel further down this dark path this quickly, rather than going for a rehash where she starts the season again protesting too much before giving into her worst instincts within a few episodes.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-lifetimes-unreal-gets-even-darker-and-better-in-season-2

I can't wait to find out who that bland-seeming new character is. Any ideas? My guess is either of the 2 new love interest Michael Rady  or Ioan Gruffudd. I can't wait a whole week to find out.

So, in the preview for the rest of the season, did my eyes deceive me or was there a shot of Chet getting arrested and hauled off to a police car in handcuffs???  Can't wait to see what that's about and if Rachel and/or Quinn have something to do with it.

And a shot of Jeremy taking "Hot Rachel" into his trailer with the implication that they are about to have sex.  I hope his potential indiscretion with "Hot Rachel" gets his puffy ass fired.

And I hate the whole "Hot Rachel" thing - real Rachel is WAY hotter than that other girl.  Shiri has such an expressive face and is so much more interesting looking and attractive than the generic pretty girl with the hot body that is "Hot Rachel".

• Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, Bama said:

So, in the preview for the rest of the season, did my eyes deceive me or was there a shot of Chet getting arrested and hauled off to a police car in handcuffs???  Can't wait to see what that's about and if Rachel and/or Quinn have something to do with it.

And a shot of Jeremy taking "Hot Rachel" into his trailer with the implication that they are about to have sex.  I hope his potential indiscretion with "Hot Rachel" gets his puffy ass fired.

And I hate the whole "Hot Rachel" thing - real Rachel is WAY hotter than that other girl.  Shiri has such an expressive face and is so much more interesting looking and attractive than the generic pretty girl with the hot body that is "Hot Rachel".

I noticed that as well. I can't wait to find out what he gets arrested for. 

We we also seen an ambulance. 

I also saw saw thebshot of Jeremy taking Hot Rachel into his trailer to have sex. One of the contestants tells Daruis about another contestants sleeping with the crew. Not sure who they are talking about but it's probably hot Rachel. 

ITA 110% about Hot Rachel. During the live tweet on Monday night I sent a tweet out that said will the real hot Rachel please stand up. Even last season I never bought into the whole Rachel is supposed to look like she's has not slept or showered in days. She's so naturally beautiful. Shiri Appleby is my kind of woman. She has some of the best facial expressions. Girl can act without opening her mouth. When they actually let her wear hot clothes she's got a killer body. The actres I wanted to play the role of Yael aka Hot Rachel was Emmanuelle Chriqui. Shiri once posted a picture with her that had a caption that read sisters from another mother. 

In the preview for Episode 2 it looks like Romeo hooks up with Tiffany. Yael falls in the pool. The Monitors say EverBlasting.

Edited by earlbny
(edited)

Here a link which gives you a recap of the season premiere. However the writer had a whoops moments and spilled some beans on episode 2. They talk about the pool scene. That's how I was thinking it was going to play out. Maybe not completely like that but somewhat close. I just had a feeling. The writer should have proof read before posting that.

http://www.refinery29.com/2016/06/112718/unreal-season-2-episode-1-premiere-tv-recap

I read the description for elisode 3 which is called Guirilla. I can't wait to find out what happens. For those of you that think Darius is gay you might be onto something. In the description it say Rachel suspects Darius is hiding a secret.

Here's the description from TV guide. 

Chet's given permission to produce a more male-oriented version of the show; Quinn targets two vulnerable contestants in hopes of producing a dramatic episode; and Rachel suspects Darius is hiding a secret. Meanwhile, Chet fights for custody of his son.

Here's the episode description for episode 4 

Treason

TV Episode

Darius reveals his secret to Rachel; Rachel tries to find a way to reverse Darius' decision; Quinn and Chet find themselves back on the same team; Chet brings his baby to work; Quinn confronts Rachel.

Show: Unreal

Season number: 2

Episode number: 4

Air date: June 27, 2016

Edited by earlbny
(edited)

Here's a up from next week. I know it's only a clip but what are everyone's thought on Rachel and Coleman. Do they have chemistry?

Edited by earlbny
1 hour ago, earlbny said:

Here's a up from next week. I know it's only a clip but what are everyone's thought on Rachel and Coleman. Do they have chemistry?

Holy crap.  I mean - I don't even care about the chemistry part but that was VINTAGE RACHEL and Shiri Appleby is the truth.  Wow.  I was riveted the whole scene and loved seeing her bury him that way.  Ha... so good.  "Come into my parlor said the spider to the fly..."

And yes they do have chemistry.

• Love 2
(edited)

Finally we have a return to vintage Rachel.  I was starting to get worried. I don't think the chemistry is on the same level as it was with Adam but Something's there. Personally I don't need Rachel to have a man in her life. For me it's all about Rachel. She slayed that scene.

Here's another clip from next week. Quinn's going balls deep in this bitch. Lol

https://amp.twimg.com/v/e2618ca0-5f4c-427a-bd9b-30617989a310

I've noticed on YouTube that people upload videos that claim to be UnREAL episodes. However everyone of them is fake. I've clicked on all of them. Lol I can spot a fake a mile away. Well except for this one. Unfortunately I can't tell you who uploaded it because the account has been terminated. I think this video might have been the real deal. I missed this video by a day. Grrr I can't wait till Monday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22S7aSqjvww

Edited by earlbny
(edited)

Here are episode titles from season 2 that were posted on wiki.

War
Insurgent
Guerrilla
Treason
Infiltration
Casualty
Ambush
Fugitive
TBA
TBA

Edited by earlbny
(edited)

Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman (Jay) has said in this interview for the HuffPo that the cast (him, Shiri Appleby, Constance Zimmer, Josh Kelly, and Craig Bierko) all come back every year to do the show! Is this a confirmation that JK/Jeremy will be back to next season? I know I've been talking about him a lot in these "UnREAL" threads, but I hate Jeremy and the dark turn his character is taking this season, and how he'll treat Rachel like crap and physically abuse her and possibly get away with that horrible crime! JK deserves roles that are better for him than this! I don't know if I'm jumping the gun on this and getting too worried since this interview was done days or weeks before filming on season 2 wrapped production! It was obvious that SGS didn't want Jeremy show, and maybe she got her wish or not! Like I mentioned befiore in the other UnREAL threads, when I shared The New Yorker article on JK's personal facebook account (I'm FB friends with him) that mentioned him and SGS reluctance about his character's shelf life on the show, he PM'd me and told me to remove it of his account (he said he reasons for this was ''complicated'', and when I asked him why, he told me that TNY article made other people that he knew felt uncomfortable) and I did, but then when I tweeted to SGS saying that I wish Jeremy was off the show after this season, he saw my tweets to SGS (before I deleted them) he DM'd me again on FB sayoing he wasn't cool with my tweets to his boss about wanting him off the show and to ask her and the writers to make his character nicer again! IDK if JK was pissed about the article because it either painted him in a bad light, or that his friends (and possibly co-stars and crew members) didn't like the article, or that he found out he was really being written off the show during the final few days of filming S2?:

Interview:Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman

Edited by Chris Burgess
On 6/17/2016 at 6:52 PM, earlbny said:

I see chemistry there.  It appeared that he was impressed at the way she showed him how the show was done.  Very smooth Rachael.  It is possible they will team and go behind Quinn's back for something and then, of course, more fireworks.  But I can see them together in some way for a period of time.  

On 6/18/2016 at 9:44 PM, Chris Burgess said:

Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman (Jay) has said in this interview for the HuffPo that the cast (him, Shiri Appleby, Constance Zimmer, Josh Kelly, and Craig Bierko) all come back every year to do the show! Is this a confirmation that JK/Jeremy will be back to next season? I know I've been talking about him a lot in these "UnREAL" threads, but I hate Jeremy and the dark turn his character is taking this season, and how he'll treat Rachel like crap and physically abuse her and possibly get away with that horrible crime! JK deserves roles that are better for him than this! I don't know if I'm jumping the gun on this and getting too worried since this interview was done days or weeks before filming on season 2 wrapped production! It was obvious that SGS didn't want Jeremy show, and maybe she got her wish or not! Like I mentioned befiore in the other UnREAL threads, when I shared The New Yorker article on JK's personal facebook account (I'm FB friends with him) that mentioned him and SGS reluctance about his character's shelf life on the show, he PM'd me and told me to remove it of his account (he said he reasons for this was ''complicated'', and when I asked him why, he told me that TNY article made other people that he knew felt uncomfortable) and I did, but then when I tweeted to SGS saying that I wish Jeremy was off the show after this season, he saw my tweets to SGS (before I deleted them) he DM'd me again on FB sayoing he wasn't cool with my tweets to his boss about wanting him off the show and to ask her and the writers to make his character nicer again! IDK if JK was pissed about the article because it either painted him in a bad light, or that his friends (and possibly co-stars and crew members) didn't like the article, or that he found out he was really being written off the show during the final few days of filming S2?:

Interview:Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman

From the interview:  

The 5 of us come back every year, Shiri Appleby, Constance Zimmer, Craig Bierko, Josh Kelly and me, with a rotating cast of characters, our new contestants.

This line of Jeffrey's just means that the regular main cast comes back every year with new supporting cast (the new contestants and bachelor).  That's all it means - main characters can be killed off at any time.  I hope it does mean that Jeremy/Josh is gone.  I'm sure he could do better - he's dead weight on this show.  They should have fought tooth and nail to keep Adam but I think the new guy is meant to be new and more long lasting Adam.

• Love 1
(edited)

Your welcome. I wonder where they found those gifs? Coleman is the new Adam. I can't wait to find out more about Rachel's past. I also can't wait to find out about Darius's secret. Is it drugs, steroids or hormones? I was starting to get worrie but I think the season might finally go back to season 1 form. 

I copied and pasted the following info from the aeneworks.com

“UNREAL” Season 2

From Co-Creators Marti Noxon and Sarah Gertrude Shapiro, and starring
Shiri Appleby and Constance Zimmer, the provocative drama UnREAL gives
a fictitious behind-the-scenes glimpse into the chaos surrounding the
production of a dating competition program.

Set against the backdrop of the hit dating competition show
Everlasting, Season 2 of UnREAL is led by flawed heroine Rachel
Goldberg (Appleby), who returns as supervising producer, renowned for
her skills manipulating her relationships with, and among, the
contestants to get the vital dramatic and outrageous footage that the
program’s dispassionate executive producer, Quinn King (Zimmer),
demands. What ensues once again is an eye-opening look at what happens
in the outrageous world of unscripted television, where being a
contestant can be vicious and being a producer is a whole other
reality.

Returning as series regulars are Craig Bierko as Everlasting’s
creator, Chet, who is on a quest to reclaim his full power on set;
Josh Kelly as Jeremy, Everlasting’s director of photography; and
Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman as Jay, a field producer whose ambitions run
far beyond the show. Everlasting’s new suitor Darius Hill, an
All-American football star, will be played by B.J. Britt.

INFILTRATION (#205)

• Airs Monday, July 4 at 10:00PM-11:02PM(ET/PT)

• Coleman takes his relationship with Rachel to the next level when he
invites her to attend the Impact Awards to rub elbows with Hollywood
elite. Coleman and Quinn continue to fight for control of Rachel’s
loyalty. Quinn finds an ally when she is introduced to the new owner
of the network. Darius has a big decision to make on Everlasting, as
he faces an overnight date with one of the contestants. Jeremy’s
relationship with Rachel continues to cause problems on set.

CASUALTY (#206)

• Airs Monday, July 11 at 10:00PM-11:02PM(ET/PT)

• (Individual episode synopsis is currently not available.)

AMBUSH (#207)

• Airs Monday, July 18 at 10:00PM-11:02PM(ET/PT)

FUGITIVE (#208)

• Airs Monday, July 27 at 10:00PM-11:02PM(ET/PT)

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1
(edited)

Your welcome. BTW not that I care but my names Eric however feel free to call me earl. I am a spoiler junkie. I can't get enough.

At the end of tonight's episodes Chet kidnapped his baby. In an upcoming episode he gets arrested.

Edited by earlbny

Eric/Earl has pointed out elsewhere that we are 3 episodes in out of 10 and have not learned much about the suitor or the contestants, compared to the similar stage last season. Given that the New Yorker piece mentioned "something even worse" than a contestant's suicide happens this season (difficult to imagine) I wonder if this season will even give us the making of an entire season of Everlasting. Season 3 (of UnReal) might pick up with the same suitor and remaining contestants, or the Darius season of Everlasting might not even complete production, depending on how disruptive the 'even worse' incident is. Just a thought as we pass another week with not much development in making the Everlasting contestants stand out.

(edited)

You could be onto something. Maybe Darius does leave Everlasting. Which will make Rachel even more of a mess. They don't want her to ever be happy. If she's happy and everything is great they have no show. I was trying to figure what's worse the. Suicide. Was it lasts night contestent meltdown or Chet stealing the baby or something else. I hope it's something else and completely shocks us.

Edited by earlbny

The New Yorker article also mentioned that the contestant in the confederate flag bikini has a storyline that ends in "a tragic turn".  My first thought was that she gets kicked off, and then some racist offended that she was on a show with a black man, shoots and perhaps kills her, after leaving the show.  I don't know if they would go there, but to me, a murder because of something they pushed on the show would probably qualify as "worse than suicide"

• Love 2