Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation Discussion

I for sure thought Britney (Arielle Kebbel) would be brought back on the show in the last 3 episodes to bring some drama, I think on imdb she was listed to appear in 3 eps, but I guess that was wrong. I assume she'll be back for the finale/reunion special at least. I wish they had kept her longer she would have been a blast - Sarah Gertrude Shapiro mentioned on Twitter the possibility of her appearing on season 2 and I'm for it.

Not sure if this was posted, a clip Shiri tweeted for the upcoming episode

(edited)

I noticed that as well on IMDb. I guess they were wrong. Maybe they did that so we would not figure out who wins and who goes home. that would be great if she came back next season. 

That clips was hotter then the sex scene between Adam and Rachel. I can't wait to find out what happens. 

Spoilers from the final episode make leak early if someone goes to the event in LA and reports back to us. I am dying to know what happens in the final episode.

Here are some pics and more clips from this weeks episode. It looks like Rachel and Jeremy hook up. You may have to go to lifetimes website to view the video because the link I posted is redirecting to episode 8 not 9.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/unreal/photos/season-1-episode-9-princess-pictures#id=1

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/unreal/video/season-1/episode-9/princess

http:/ /www. mylifetime .com /shows/unreal/video/season-1/episode-9/princess

Edited by earlbny
(edited)

I hope they don't hook up - too much back and forth here. If they're gonna give Rachel and Jeremy a shot they need to do it right and not just bang each other again right off the bat - and I'm just going off the pics of them looking friendly, which could mean absolutely nothing. But Rachel is washy washy and weak enough when it comes to Jeremy, that I can see her fighting her feelings for Adam and giving Jeremy another chance.

Edited by basically
(edited)

Just wondering if this is your assumption from the pictures or somewhere else? THanks,.

That was my assumption from looking at the pics. In the 1st 2 pics they look happy. I am probably wrong. Rachel looks like she showered and put on clean clothes in this episode.

Edited by earlbny

Showering doesn't seem like much of a clue as to what might have happened between them since it's likely that Rachel would have taken advantage of Adam's shower after they had sex.  I don't think we can tell if Jeremy and Rachel have hooked up from those pics since the touching is fairly chaste.  It could be that Rachel has made some excuse to Jeremy about why she wasn't in the grip truck when he went to go meet her, and that since she didn't outright turn him down or tell him about Adam, Jeremy has assumed that they're both on the same page about pursuing a relationship.   Since we know Jeremy is kind of a jerk who obviously doesn't really care about Lizzy's feelings, it would make sense for him to become more openly affectionate on set toward Rachel as a result.  

Either way though this is a seriously dick move on Jeremy's part.  It's just mean to not be discreet about moving on so quickly when all three parties work together.  They're almost done shooting that season of Everlasting, and the very least Jeremy could do would be to keep his relationship with Rachel limited to after hours until filming wraps up.  Then Lizzy can make her own decision about whether or not she wants to return to a job working alongside her ex and the girl he really wanted all along.

• Love 2
(edited)

I looked at the pics again and Rachel looks like she's sad in one of the other pics. Maybe they did not hook up but they look friendly and happy. She probably did make an excuses.

Edited by earlbny

It's just mean to not be discreet about moving on so quickly when all three parties work together.

Do you recognize anyone in the photos?  I don't but I don't pay attention to extras.  The reason I ask is that it doesn't look like they're at work.  It looks like some party.  It could be a work party but again, I can't tell because I don't recognize anyone.

Another sneak peak has Faith suggesting she win. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Do you recognize anyone in the photos?  I don't but I don't pay attention to extras.  The reason I ask is that it doesn't look like they're at work.  It looks like some party.  It could be a work party but again, I can't tell because I don't recognize anyone.

I could be wrong, but I assumed it was a work party or some sort of staged event for an episode of Everlasting.  I don't necessarily recognize anyone, but with so little left of the season to go (both for Everlasting and UnReal), I wouldn't expect Rachel and Jeremy to have the time to leave set.  As we've seen on the show, these people work reaaaaaaally long hours when they're shooting, and seem to only go home to sleep.    We've seen Rachel leave work exactly once all season long, and episode 9 would be a strange time to tell us that, hey!  Rachel gets days off after all.

Edited by xqueenfrostine
  • Love 1
(edited)

Maybe its a cast party. It would be inconsistent if all of the sudden in episode 9 Rachel leaves the set. I don't reconize anyone either.

Thanks for posting the video. Mmm... Interesting....

Adam does not look happy. I wonder why? It kind of looks like he's saying you lied to me.

CKzNigPWgAQlCuK.jpg

OMG!!! The synopsis for episode 10 was posted on Rotten Tomatoes. I could not find it listed anywhere else. Unlike the one that was posted at Wiki and quickly taken down I think this one is real. Thoughts? Predictions? Mmmm?

EPISODE INFO

An unwanted guest returns to the set; Rachel is betrayed; Adam makes a decision that changes his life forever.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1
(edited)

UnREAL villain to return in season finale — exclusive first look

The season finale of the Lifetime dramedy about the behind-the-scenes shenanigans of a reality dating show will not only transport Everlasting across the pond to London, but also will feature the return of … brash villain Britney, played by Arielle Kebbel. Chet (Craig Bierko) has decided to mix things up and bring back the first eliminated contestant. As you can see in the above photo from the episode, titled “Future,” Britney and our British suitor Adam (Freddie Stroma) share an intense moment at what appears to be a royal wedding.

I've watched the preview for tonight's episode multiple times and the way Rachel is standing next to Quinn at the end after Adam calls her a manipulative bitch, scares me. I don't want to believe she slept with him for purely manipulative reasons, but her face in that clip is stone cold. And that pic of Adam being all pointy fingers ain't helping either.

Edited by basically
  • Love 1

UnREAL villain to return in season finale — exclusive first look

I've watched the preview for tonight's episode multiple times and the way Rachel is standing next to Quinn at the end after Adam calls her a manipulative bitch, scares me. I don't want to believe she slept with him for purely manipulative reasons, but her face in that clip is stone cold. And that pic of Adam being all pointy fingers ain't helping either.

Agreed. I really hope Rachel wasn't playing Adam. Currently I still believe she has some redeeming qualities left, but if she slept with Adam just to manipulate him when she knows he considers her a friend I'm going to have a hard time rooting for Rachel from here on out. 

• Love 1
(edited)

It looks like it will be Britney coming back in the finale.

Wow. Lots to process. I can't wait to find out. Here's some more info.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/unreal-spoilers-constance-zimmer-quinn-811151

An interview with Constance Zimmer

Quote:

Immediately, Quinn grabbed that USB drive. What’s Quinn’s game plan now?

What Quinn has planned is not going to be pretty. She wanted to believe that the love was real and when she realizes it’s not? She does not hold back. She is going to get him where it hurts, and she does it in a way where even he’s surprised.

Edited by earlbny
(edited)

So, live finale in London with Brittany back.

It's going to be a total trainwreck. I hope the season finale delivers and doesn't give us a cliffhanger in the end.

Edited by garuru

So, live finale in London with Brittany back.

It's going to be a total trainwreck. I hope the season finale delivers and doesn't give us a cliffhanger in the end.

I wonder if they shot 2 endings depending on if it got picked up for season 2 or not. I don't expect a cliff hanger. I just hope it's not so over the top and unbelievable. The finale spoilers may leak early if someone from that LA event spills the beans.

• Love 2

The synopsis for episode 10 was posted on Rotten Tomatoes. I could not find it listed anywhere else. Unlike the one that was posted at Wiki and quickly taken down, I think this one is real.

An unwanted guest returns to the set; Rachel is betrayed; Adam makes a decision that changes his life forever.

Thoughts? Predictions? Mmmm?

That's the official episode description. "Unwanted" rather than uninvited guest means Chet brings back Britney (as basically posted upthread) —but TPTB want us to think Shaya or a former contestant might crash the set.

Who betrays Rachel? Quinn, Adam, Jeremy, or Chet? Was her mother shown only to explain Rachel's behavior—or does she show up in the finale to screw Rachel over? (Chekhov's mom.)

And of course Adam makes a decision.

(edited)

You bring up some good points.I think they all betray each other. It's every man/woman for themselves. I could be wrong but IMDB only has Rachel's mom listed for 1 episode. I don't watch that other show this one is about  but has anyone ever crashed the real set?

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1

Honestly, I don't know how this show can be a success in season 2 without Freddie S coming back.  My guess is that they rushed all this stuff just so they could wrap up in case they didn't get a season 2.  I'm good with most of the same cast back.  I missed Jay this week.

(edited)

It can be a success if they change the format up. If they keep doing the same thing over and over again it will get old real fast. The shows creator has said she does not know yet if Freddie is coming back or not. She well aware the fans want him back. She's probably pissed that we are messing with her show. I think they may have rushed it a bit as well. I wonder if they shot too different finales depending on if it got picked for season 2 or not. They were done filming long before it got picked up for a 2nd season. I heard they shot 2 pilots. One with the original Quinn played by Megyn Price and the other with Constance.

Edited by earlbny

I think they will change the format, thus the hint of a possible spin off.  Now if Freddy doesn't return they will come up with another spin off or something.  I think Rachael will get another love interest if Freddy doesn't return.  I want to trust that they can sustain the quality but I am not totally confident.  

I want to trust that they can sustain the quality but I am not totally confident.

Yeah - I've been obsessed with this show but I'm terrified for a total crapfest in season 2 (sort of like how Revenge didn't seem to have much of a plan beyond the first great season).  It just feels like it maybe should have been a 1 season show all along - like it was never meant to be renewed. 

• Love 3
(edited)

This creator of UnREAL has said she's wants to stick to the same reality show format. Not venurenoff and do Bog Brothrr or sone other reality shiw franchise. I think season 2 was a total suprise for the cast and crew. They probably have no idea what they want to do going foward. This whole thing started as a short movie. I bet they didn't expect to even became a series let alone one that was a renewed for a second season. I feel like even though Sarah has worked on the Bachelor she's new to TV so she's kind of making it up as she goes along. Some of my favorite shows have only had one good season or canceled way too short. I hope with UnREAL this is not the case.

Edited by earlbny

I highly doubt that Freddie won't be back for S2 - there's no show without him. No drama. Why even pump up the whole Rachel/Adam/Jeremy thing if Adam won't be there in S2?

Can someone point me to where the showrunner said Freddie wouldn't be back or she didn't know? Maybe she's saying that just to keep people from guessing the path of the show?

• Love 1

Honestly, I don't know how this show can be a success in season 2 without Freddie S coming back.

Depends on how you define success.  In terms of viewership?  This show isn't really a success now with him on it.  Critically, this show is a success but most of the praise is directed at Shiri, Constance and the concept. (That  concept, BTW, is not the love triangle.)  I think this show can be a critical success, although I suspect it'll always be a niche show when it comes to viewers, in the second season as long as they are sure-handed in where they'd like to go.  It will boil down to concet and execution more than whether or not a specific supporting player is or is not there.

She well aware the fans want him back. She's probably pissed that we are messing with her show.

I doubt she's pissed. It's not like the Adam/Rachel fan base popped up out of a barely existant connection and would have taken her by surprise.  The show worked to cultivate it. And the only people with the power to mess with her show is Lifetime.

I feel like even though Sarah has worked on the Bachelor she's new to TV so she's kind of making it up as she goes along. Some of my favorite shows have only had one good season or canceled way too short. I hope with UnREAL this is not the case.

Next season will be so crucial.  I could easily see this being one of those perfect first season shows that falls apart.  Sarah is new to TV which is why they paired her with Marti Nixon who is not a stranger to TV.  She is a controversial EP but an experienced one.

He did a bunch of interviews released today and he mentions he is unsure if he will be a part of season 2. He isn't signed on to do season 2 and I recall he said expecting the contestants back is unlikely as well.

I would be bummed if Adam didn't come back, but I don't think the success of the show depends on it. I do think they could milk the Rachel hooking up with a contestant thread a little longer, and it would be tired if she found a new love interest amidst the flock of contestants every season. I wonder if they'll bring Arielle Kebbel in as the "bachelorette" next season, since she was the only interesting contestant outside of Faith and Adam.

I think that they could have former contestants guest star in the future, perhaps? Though you kind of bring up a good point. How many seasons can they milk drama from Rachel hooking up with a contestant before it gets stale? I mean, they could promote Rachel and introduce a new set of producers, but the same thing applies.

(edited)

He could be keeping quite. Maybe he's not aloud to give out spoilers. The Rachel love triangle is fine for now but if it was season 4 or 5 it would be old and boring. At least for me. The show could survive with or without him. Some of die heart fans would be sad but it's not like it's it's a huge number. They should bring back former contestants to switch it up. What if they bring in new cast members next season and they do t have the same chemistry. I forgot Noxon was apart of this show. She's worked on some great shows.

Edited by earlbny

Depends on how you define success.  In terms of viewership?  This show isn't really a success now with him on it.  Critically, this show is a success but most of the praise is directed at Shiri, Constance and the concept. (That  concept, BTW, is not the love triangle.)  I think this show can be a critical success, although I suspect it'll always be a niche show when it comes to viewers, in the second season as long as they are sure-handed in where they'd like to go.  It will boil down to concet and execution more than whether or not a specific supporting player is or is not there.

I doubt she's pissed. It's not like the Adam/Rachel fan base popped up out of a barely existant connection and would have taken her by surprise.  The show worked to cultivate it. And the only people with the power to mess with her show is Lifetime.

Next season will be so crucial.  I could easily see this being one of those perfect first season shows that falls apart.  Sarah is new to TV which is why they paired her with Marti Nixon who is not a stranger to TV.  She is a controversial EP but an experienced one.

I would have agreed with you even a couple of episodes ago, but the love triangle particularly the Adam/Rachel part has become pretty important to the show. Now critics only really review the first few episodes, but if they are still supportive of the show (and they seem to be), it would be awfully tough to do so in spite of that storyline.  Even if this show were popular by Lifetime standards, it would seem weird to me that they have built this story up and would now be (maybe surprised isn't the right word) caught off guard(?) that a significant segment of the viewership would want it to continue. It would be like if Breaking Bad stuck with their plan to kill off Jesse after Season 1.

Having said all that, I still generally agree with you that this show will survive or fail on people's interest in the concept/protagonist (after all, Quinn/Chet was the one quibble many reviewers had amidst their raves), and not plot decisions. And with this show more than most, Season 2 was always going to be a high wire act. Further, I think all of this could be moot. I believe there's a 10% chance at best that Jon Snow is dead dead.

Why bring back Britney into the competition now? Would Adam really pick her at this point in the game? He knew her for about 2 seconds compared to Anna and Grace. I thought they'd bring her in for a reunion show thingy but that's not what it looks like from those pics. Not that I mind Arrielle Kebbel Abd Britney, I just don't see how this is gonna work.

I don't see how this is going to work either but I am keeping an open mind. This better not turn into a drama filled cheesy soap. I read that Chet brings her back. I hope the writers did not screw this episode up. I hope we get spoilers tomorrow during the Paley event.

I feel like this honestly happened on one of those VH1 reality shows in the mid-2000's, where a controversial contestant was brought back in one of the final weeks. I think it might have been Flavor Flav's show, and they brought New York back in the second season and she made it to the final 2 or 3, and OMG why do I remember these things? *bleaches brain*

I feel like this honestly happened on one of those VH1 reality shows in the mid-2000's, where a controversial contestant was brought back in one of the final weeks. I think it might have been Flavor Flav's show, and they brought New York back in the second season and she made it to the final 2 or 3, and OMG why do I remember these things? *bleaches brain*

It was the apprentice, I believe and it was Omorosa Trump brought back. I think.

Guesses on who is going to betray Rachel and how? It's gotta be someone she trusts or else it's not really a betrayal. Quinn and Chet would easily screw her over and she knows this.

• Love 1
(edited)

Hmm... I am not sure. I want to know about Britney coming back. I know Chet is behind that but why? Will she be in season 2? Maybe as the bachelorette? It would be stupid to bring her back for one scene in the season finale. I can't believe they revealed that info ahead if time. I thought they would keep everything under lock and key. I am trying to figure out the pics. Maybe tomorrow night well get lots of spoilers. I hope so. I am tired of waiting.

Edited by earlbny

Why bring back Britney? Maximum drama and potential ratings. She doesn't actually have a chance. I assume they want Everlasting to go out with a bang crazier than Rachel's on set meltdown.

• Love 1
(edited)

I guess so. I am going to be pissed if this show has a crappy ending. I don't need Rachel and Adam to be together. I just don't want some cheesy lifetime soap. This episode better deliever. I can't wait to watch and find out. We may get some more spoilers tomorrow. The Paley thing is tomorrow night. They get an early screening.

ETA: 'UnREAL' season finale spoilers: Everlasting's first villain follows cast in London http://www.christiantoday.com/article/unreal.season.finale.everlastings.first.villain.follows.cast.in.london/60452.htm

Someone is definitely not #Quinning right now... #UnREALtv - https://twitter.com/UnRealLifetime/status/626769170084986880

And an interview with Constance Zimmer.  It contains info for Complications and UnREAL.  Here is the UnREAL part:

TVLINE | Well, speaking of UNREAL_Chet_Quinnyour busy schedule and turning to UnREAL: What do you think it was about Chet’s latest behavior that pushed Quinn to the point of no return?
It was the straw that broke the camel’s back. You can only get played so many times until you finally realize you’re being played. It was the final, final straw. They’ve come full circle in the sense of the proposal and him cheating on her again.

TVLINE | And so soon! Maybe it was just the proximity to the proposal?
I think that even if it was a week later, it would have been the same. [Laughs] But proximity yes, because that office to my office is also very close! But also, we’ve got to get through things very quickly. We have 10 episodes to do it all in, so I’m sure you’ve noticed that we pack a lot into each episode.

TVLINE | Uh, yeah.
[Laughs] So for me, I actually appreciated that we cut to the chase. “Here it is, everything you thought you wanted! Oh, sorry, the reality is it’s not, so what are young to do about it?” For Quinn, that’s it, there is no more going back.

TVLINE | Does a part of Quinnunreal-season-1-photos (17) feel bad about putting the screws to Rachel?
I don’t know if she sees it as putting the screws to her. I truly believe that, for the most part, Quinn believes that she’s helping Rachel, that she’s aiding her, that she’s leading her down the road that she believes is the road she should be on.

TVLINE | It’s “tough love”!
It is tough love! It’s very tough love. Obviously she does have a heart, so there is a part of her that knows shes putting Rachel in a corner, but she also put herself in that corner by sleeping with Adam. She did it to herself in a way. The way Quinn would look at it was as “a cry for help.”

TVLINE | Will Monday’s season finale make it clear what Season 2 of the show will look like and who will or won’t be a part of it?
Uhhhh…. Yes…. Yes, I believe so. There are definitely some open-ended issues. We have to keep those cliffhangers hanging, right?

TVLINE | But will we know, “OK, they’ll be working on such-and-such reality show in Season 2″?
No, I don’t know if you’ll get those specifics. But you’ll know that something is a-brewing and the direction that we’re going to try and take.

TVLINE | And you already killed someone off a couple of weeks ago, so I can’t imagine there’s a death in the finale.
No, that I can promise you — there is not a death in the finale!

http://tvline.com/2015/07/30/constance-zimmer-complications-return-unreal-finale-preview/

Edited by earlbny

I'm going to guess that it's Adam who betrays Rachel.  Since FS wasn't/isn't contracted for a season 2, I would think they'd write the finale in such a way that him being completely gone the next season would make sense.  Just total speculation.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm going to guess that it's Adam who betrays Rachel.  Since FS wasn't/isn't contracted for a season 2, I would think they'd write the finale in such a way that him being completely gone the next season would make sense.  Just total speculation.  

I can totally see that happening. I watched The Paley event last night. Someone in the audience asked about Faith getting a spin off show. Everyone loved the idea. No real answer was given. The creators said they had a much darker ending to the finale. I wonder if that would have been shown if it did not get picked up for season 2? I hope they include all of that on the season 1 DVD. Providing that we get a DVD. they also talked about having a person of color as the suitor next season. They liked that story and think it has more place to go.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1
(edited)

Thanks for the link. I did not expect it to end well. I get that they are trying to show us that these shows don't really end in a fairytail.

Here's another link with 7 things we learned from the Paley Center event. Indie not really learn anything I did not already know.

http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2015/07/31/unreal-paley-center/

I am surprised that nobody who went to the Paley event last night leaked the final spoilers.

Edited by earlbny

From the 7 things Paley link (caps original, it was a header): 

QUINN AND RACHEL IS THE CENTRAL LOVE STORY ON THE SHOW
That makes me so happy! Well, it makes me a little sad because I suspect that the Adam/Rachel romance is not going to end in an unforgiveably awful way in the finale and I'm nervous about it (why couldn't s2 have been Royal Renovations? It was perfect!), but it also makes me happy because I do agree that Quinn/Rachel is the central relationship.
  • Love 2

Same here.it makes me happy and sad all at the same time. I still can't believe nobody has said a word about the sneak peak finale from last night. I am dying to know what happens. I think if Rachel is happy they have no show. They also have to keep Quinn bossy.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/unreal-season-finale-preview-spoilers-812461

Is happily ever after coming to Everlasting? Well, that depends, according to UnREAL’s co-creator, Sarah Gertrude Shapiro.

“Rachel gets everything she deserves and then some!” Shapiro told The Hollywood Reporter Thursday at a Paley Center event. She then cheekily added, “You can interpret that however you want.”

Edited by earlbny