Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation Discussion

Here's some season 2 scoop from Shiri Appleby about the end of the season from EW!:

What can we expect from the end of this season of UnREAL? — Carly
EW: Rachel has hit rock bottom, but she’ll be climbing her way out soon. “She’s making a comeback,” Shiri Appleby says of the final episodes of season 2. “She really wants to put her personal drama aside and focus on work. I think it’s much easier to focus on work than to deal with your own issues.” Now the question remains who will win Everlasting. Sorry, Appleby’s not spilling, but rest assured, the season does end with a winner. “It’s probably not who people are expecting,” she says. “It definitely surprises Quinn.”

• Love 2
(edited)

Now the question remains who will win Everlasting. Sorry, Appleby’s not spilling, but rest assured, the season does end with a winner. “It’s probably not who people are expecting,” she says. “It definitely surprises Quinn.”

Hmm??? My mind is all over the place. Does someone come back or something else? Maybe Darius Picks Yael and exposes UnREAL. Maybe he dies on the alter. What could surprise Quinn.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1

Season finale spoilers. Thoughts? 

http://cartermatt.com/215646/unreal-season-2-episode-10-finale-spoilers-will-coleman-destroy-everlasting/

For hose of you that think there's more to the rape story. This link might give more insite. Does Shiri not know or just not aloud to say. Hmm??? Maybe Sarah got lazy and never finished it.

https://www.thewrap.com/unreal-star-shiri-appleby-is-skeptical-of-rachels-dark-revelation-video/

Is there anything you want to say about what’s coming in the final episodes, even if it just in general terms?

The finale had me shocked. Seriously. Even from episode 1, I was like ‘come on, get to the finale.’ I’m so excited for everyone to see [it]. Everyone has been speculating, but I don’t think anyone has actually said what is going to happen in the end. I want to tell you so bad, but I can’t.

[It’s not even crazy] just for my character, but for everybody’s characters! You won’t see this coming.

Edited by earlbny

Thoughts? It looks like Romeo and Jeremy are back. Jeremy looks like a caveman. Some car chase and a bunch of drama. I am not sure how it ends. Any guesses? I lowered my exactions so maybe it will surprise me.

Edited by earlbny
1 hour ago, earlbny said:

Thoughts? It looks like Romeo and Jeremy are back. Jeremy looks like a caveman. Some car chase and a bunch of drama. I am not sure how it ends. Any guesses? I lowered my exactions so maybe it will surprise me.

I think that Romeo will be Darius' best man at his televided "Everlasting" wedding to either Chantal or Tiffany! Is the show going to try to redeem Jeremy by having him kill Coleman (or expose Yael to Rachel) to protect Rachel? I hope the latter is not the case, because I think that Jeremy should be gone from the show after this season after what he did to Rachel earlier this season, which is more worse than what Coleman did to her!

Edited by Chris Burgess

Alright, I'm bored and stuck home with a sick dog so I went through the promo frame by frame to see if we can piece some things together.

1 - Shot of Rachel and Quinn in control room

Quinn - "People want a shitshow.  Literally."

Obviously Quinn wants the finale to be an entertaining disaster.

2 - Shot of Jay and Quinn in control room

Jay - "Whatever happened to selling true love?"

Quinn - "That's over."

Again, entertaining disaster and Quinn is probably taking out her hurt over sending             Boothe away by making sure no one else is happy

3 - Shot of Chantal and Tiffany both walking down the aisle in wedding dresses.

Quinn VO - "OH!  Two brides!"

Both girls look pissed and shocked.

4 - Shot of Coleman being grabbed by either security or law enforcement.  Security/LEOs also confiscating boxes and computers.  Rachel and Quinn watching.

Part of Quinn and Rachel's plan to destroy Coleman.

5 - Shot of Darius looking upset.

Quinn VO - "It's about to explode!"

6 - Shot of Quinn celebrating in the control room.

Quinn - "BOOM!"

7 - Quick shots of - Rachel talking, Chantal and Darius kissing, Yael looking distressed, Chet looking mad/concerned

Rachel VO over the above shots - "We're all going to be arrested!  Don't you get that?"

Don't know who Rachel is saying that to, Chantal and Darius aren't dressed in their wedding attire so the kiss could be before the surprise wedding or maybe he actually chooses her and it's after the wedding, Yael obviously is still around and she's in a bathrobe so possibly a scene after she has sex with Coleman, don't have context for the Chet scene.

8 - Shot of Coleman be grabbed by security/LEO

Coleman - "This is crazy!"

9 - Shot of Jeremy running out of the woods.

Can't see if he has a gun but he looks like a sasquatch.

10 - Shot of Rachel talking to a brunette in a red dress.

Rachel - "Can someone please send security?"

Brunette is red dress kind of looks like Yael.  Is Yael there to expose what she knows?

11 - Shots of Fancy sports car pulling up to mansion and then same sports car speeding down a road.

Is Boothe coming back to try and get Quinn to be with him even if kids aren't going to happen?  Or is it Gary coming because of the Coleman/Yael situation?

12 - Shot of Jay and Quinn.

Jay - "He deserves an ending."

Quinn - "This is an ending."

Are they talking about Darius?  What kind of shitshow does Quinn have planned for how this double surprise wedding ends?

13 - Shot of Rachel and brunette in red dress with security running over.

If it is Yael, they are going to remove her.

14 - Quick shots of - Jeremy looking mad/creepy, Darius peeking through a curtain with Romeo behind him, Tiffany in lingerie getting ready for wedding and turning around surprised as if someone walked in on her, Rachel looking shocked.

Jeremy up to no good, Darius is peeking into the ceremony?  Romeo is alive and well and serving as the best man?, is it Chet sneaking in to try and sex up Tiffany before she walks down aisle or maybe her father coming to tell her not to marry Darius?, who knows what has Rachel shocked.

15 - Shot of Rachel and Quinn talking.

Quinn - "Trust me.  It's going to be epic!"

Quinn looks ecstatic and Rachel looks worried.  Quinn could be telling her about the surprise double bride deal or her planned shitshow of an ending.

Not too much to go on except for-

-Having both girls walk down the aisle

-Romeo is alive and well

-Yael is still around and is going to cause drama

-Jeremy looks stupid and is going to do something stupid.

-Coleman is going down!

-Quinn is almost manic and Rachel seems to be the calm one for once.

Hope the finale lives up to all the build up!

Edited by Bama
  • Love 6

Thanks Bama for that. Excellent job. I hope so too. With this show you never know. I can't think of anything that this show could do that could make me go " That was worth the wait".

ETA: What if the finale was the clip show or the expose doc. since we see scenes of a wedding I doubt they would do that. You never know.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1

7 - Quick shots of - Rachel talking, Chantal and Darius kissing, Yael looking distressed, Chet looking mad/concerned

Rachel VO over the above shots - "We're all going to be arrested!  Don't you get that?"

Don't know who Rachel is saying that to, Chantal and Darius aren't dressed in their wedding attire so the kiss could be before the surprise wedding or maybe he actually chooses her and it's after the wedding, Yael obviously is still around and she's in a bathrobe so possibly a scene after she has sex with Coleman, don't have context for the Chet scene.

I think that's Jeremy (not Coleman) with Yael in her bathrobe!

Edited by Chris Burgess

This is coming from someone who has not made one correct prediction, but...I'm going to try again. I'm starting to wonder if Rachel decides to produce/'weaponize' Jeremy against Coleman in order to silence him. It's the ultimate manipulation, getting someone to kill for you.

1 hour ago, BingeyKohan said:

This is coming from someone who has not made one correct prediction, but...I'm going to try again. I'm starting to wonder if Rachel decides to produce/'weaponize' Jeremy against Coleman in order to silence him. It's the ultimate manipulation, getting someone to kill for you.

Why would Rachel trust and speak to the guy that abused her earlier this season? And Jeremy wasn't carrying any weapons on him in the season finale promo clip!

Edited by Chris Burgess

You both could be right. I bet it's something so stupid and so obvious. It's probably right under our noses and were missing it. I doubt it's going to make the 9 previous episodes with the wait.

The following link gives us some info about the finale. I don't think any scenario can save this auful no good very bad season 2. Thoughts?

http://www.movienewsguide.com/unreal-season-2-finale-friendship-over-love-who-will-go-to-jail/257873

Edited by earlbny
4 hours ago, earlbny said:

You both could be right. I bet it's something so stupid and so obvious. It's probably right under our noses and were missing it. I doubt it's going to make the 9 previous episodes with the wait.

The following link gives us some info about the finale. I don't think any scenario can save this auful no good very bad season 2. Thoughts?

http://www.movienewsguide.com/unreal-season-2-finale-friendship-over-love-who-will-go-to-jail/257873

It will probably be either Yael or Jeremy that Rachel will call the cops on in the season finale! Coleman looks like he was arrested by probably the FBI in the promo for the season finale, so I think he doesn't count!

On 8/2/2016 at 2:38 AM, Bama said:

Alright, I'm bored and stuck home with a sick dog so I went through the promo frame by frame to see if we can piece some things together.

9 - Shot of Jeremy running out of the woods.

Can't see if he has a gun but he looks like a sasquatch.

<snip>

14 - Quick shots of - Jeremy looking mad/creepy, Darius peeking through a curtain with Romeo behind him, Tiffany in lingerie getting ready for wedding and turning around surprised as if someone walked in on her, Rachel looking shocked.

Jeremy up to no good, Darius is peeking into the ceremony?  Romeo is alive and well and serving as the best man?, is it Chet sneaking in to try and sex up Tiffany before she walks down aisle or maybe her father coming to tell her not to marry Darius?, who knows what has Rachel shocked.

Loved this post. The bolded lines had me laughing out loud. You make the finale sound really good. Let's hope it lives up to your play-by-play commentary. 

According to the link I posted below the season finale ends on a big cliff hanger. I have not been able to find this info posted anywhere else. This article is weird because it's written as if the season ended already. Hmm??? Interesting???

In an exclusive interview with Express.co.uk, the 37-year-old American actress reflected on where she wanted the next run to go. 

“It would be interesting to see a bachelorette on there or even did a different show, something like behind-the-scenes on Survivor or something that totally shakes it up,” she explained.

Shiri continued: “Season two ended on quite a big cliff-hanger, so it will be interesting to see what the writers have crafted in terms of: how do we come back and move forward from that.”

She said the forthcoming season had not yet been written and confessed that it was “a little bit daunting at this point” to even contemplate it. 

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/696374/UnREAL-season-3-Shiri-Appleby-Constance-Zimmer-Roswell-High

Edited by earlbny

Lifetime's website released the photos for the season finale episode of "UnREAL", and in some of these pics, Jeremy is in the control room with Rachel, Quinn, and Chet! Why is he in the control room after he was fired from "Everlasting" after hitting Rachel? Did he get rehired and maybe got his old job back or a possible promotion?:

Season 2, Episode 10 "Friendly Fire" Photos

Edited by Chris Burgess
24 minutes ago, earlbny said:

I am not sure why he's back. My guess is that they will use him to help get rid of Coleman.

First of all, he looks terrible. Secondly, he's wearing the same plaid shirt in the outdoor scene and the control room scene so must be part of the same sequence of events. He's possibly eavesdropping on Coleman and Yael? 

Off topic but they have some new cute guys in the control room too - I guess the staffers we sort of glimpse from time to time. By their applause I guess they are happy with something that happens with the Darius wedding outcome?

2 hours ago, BingeyKohan said:

First of all, he looks terrible. Secondly, he's wearing the same plaid shirt in the outdoor scene and the control room scene so must be part of the same sequence of events. He's possibly eavesdropping on Coleman and Yael? 

Off topic but they have some new cute guys in the control room too - I guess the staffers we sort of glimpse from time to time. By their applause I guess they are happy with something that happens with the Darius wedding outcome?

Why would Jeremy be allowed back on set on "Everlasting" in the control room if he was fired by Chet for hitting Rachel earlier this season and Quinn banned him form the set? And in interviews that Josh Kelly gave online, he said that his character Jeremy will spiral a little more to rock bottom, so how will that fit into the season finale?

Edited by Chris Burgess

I would love to be an extra on this show.

I don't know the answer to the Jeremy Question. Maybe he finds out about Yael and Coleman and then teams up with Rachel, Quinn and Chet to take down Coleman and Yael. Or they invite him back to do some snooping around for them. That's just a guess. Also if the info I posted above is true then Shiri said the season is going to end in a cliff hanger. She so said that next season she wants to try something different like Survivor or a female suitor. That tells me that maybe everlasting is no more. Or that she did not like this season. Again is all just a guess.

Edited by earlbny
10 minutes ago, earlbny said:

I would love to be an extra on this show.

I don't know the answer to the Jeremy Question. Maybe he finds out about Yael and Coleman and then teams up with Rachel, Quinn and Chet to take down Coleman and Yael. Or they invite him back to do some snooping around for them. That's just a guess. Also if the info I posted above is true then Shiri said the season is going to end in a cliff hanger. She so said that next season she wants to try something different like Survivor or a female suitor. That tells me that maybe everlasting is no more. Or that she did not like this season. Again is all just a guess.

I just don't see how Chet and Quinn could trust Jeremy to be around Rachel after what he did to her earlier this season!

17 minutes ago, Chris Burgess said:

I just don't see how Chet and Quinn could trust Jeremy to be around Rachel after what he did to her earlier this season!

I share the fear they are going to just hand-wave his transgressions to get him back on the team to doublecross Coleman/Yael (Yaelman?) It's like Suicide Squad and Quinn is Amanda Waller!

2 hours ago, BingeyKohan said:

I share the fear they are going to just hand-wave his transgressions to get him back on the team to doublecross Coleman/Yael (Yaelman?) It's like Suicide Squad and Quinn is Amanda Waller!

How can Quinn and Chet just let him back on and rehire him on the "Everlasting" crew after he was fired from the show for hitting Rachel? That doesn't make any sense at all! WTF?!?!?! And JK did say in interviews that Jeremy will spiral down to rock bottom! And in the preview for the season finale, we saw Coleman being taken away by either security or the FBI, so Coleman is already taken care of before Jeremy came on the set, because Coleman is taken care of during the daytime while Jeremy comes back during the nighttime! Plus, Jeremy is in the control room while "Everlasting" is taping its season finale episode, and Yael isn't part of the finale even though she's still on set!

Edited by Chris Burgess

While IMDB is not always right they list Ruby in the season finale. So maybe she makes a return. They also list Tiffany's dad. I am assuming Tiffany's dad is just part of the wedding.

Here's the episode description from the Lifetime website. It's slightly longer then the other episode discription posted above.

S 2 E 10

Friendly Fire

TV-MA

Quinn has a few more tricks up her sleeve before the remaining two Everlasting contestants get their happily ever after, but things take an unexpected turn that could foil her plans. Meanwhile, Rachel stands up to Coleman as his plans to expose Everlasting begin to unfold, but could it be too late to regain control of the show?

Here's some spoiler info from Carter Matt. This link does not tell us anything shocking but I'll post it anyway. I bet he's seen the episode already but can't reveal much.

http://cartermatt.com/216125/unreal-season-2-finale-spoilers-fear-two-wedding-dresses/

ETA: I just watched the ET interview and while Shiri did not give anything away she basically says Darius picks Ruby. That's probably SGS way of justifying the mess that is season 2.

Here's some spoiler info from Coleman. When asked if the season finale will top last weeks episode he said it's tough to top someje shitting themselves on TV. When asked if Colemnan will be back next season he had no comment.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/06/unreal-actor-weighs-in-on-shows-most-dangerous-character/

Edited by earlbny

Thanks for the links.

Here's some theories from me. Darius picks Ruby. I don't know how she makes her return. She's listed on the IMDB cast list for the season finale. I don't always trust IMDB but this time I am. However even though it's a happily ever after for Darius and Ruby it still does not make up for the horrible no good very bad season two.  Then you can sprinkle in some cheesy lifetime over-the-top drama which will be d with a cliffhanger. Next season they should move on from everlasting. Move as far away as you can get. 

The ending worked so I was pleasantly surprised given the disappointing season. 

Season 3, my guesses. 

Jeremy did not cause the accident, he came upon it as he was following to stop them.  

Chet is warming up to be a lovable character and the soft place to fall for Quinn and Rachael (that has been mentioned in interviews).   Chet and Quinn's love for each other will fire up again but we will only see that start.  More to follow in season 4. 

As we know Rachael and Quinn are back on track of being a solid team. 

Madison will lose the braids and become a formidable rival for power with Jay.  

• Love 2

The ending for me felt like they had no end to the Coleman/Yael story so they just killed them. Maybe I read into it too much but I expected explosions and gun shots and not just a soap opera car crash. Don't get me wrong i'm happy they're dead. I would have liked it better if they exposed the show or at least sent some evidence to someone who could expose them. Will they address the failures of season 2 next season or will it be business as usual. I like that they realized they need to flesh out the characters before they get sent packing. I hope they think long and hard before creating season 3. Sometimes the fans know what's best. They need to listen to all the reviews not just the good ones.

Rachel and Quinn have electric chemistry. They should never be apart ever again.

I guess Chet and Jeremy are here for the long haul.

Having seen some photos of Maddison without the braids I knew she pretty hot. They should keep her that way for the rest of the series. I wonder if they did that from fan reaction.

I still like the spin off idea where Rachel moves to Portland and starts over. Kind of like what SGS did.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, earlbny said:

The ending for me felt like they had no end to the Coleman/Yael story so they just killed them. Maybe I read into it too much but I expected explosions and gun shots and not just a soap opera car crash. Don't get me wrong i'm happy they're dead. I would have liked it better if they exposed the show or at least sent some evidence to someone who could expose them. Will they address the failures of season 2 next season or will it be business as usual. I like that they realized they need to flesh out the characters before they get sent packing. I hope they think long and hard before creating season 3. Sometimes the fans know what's best. They need to listen to all the reviews not just the good ones.

Rachel and Quinn have electric chemistry. They should never be apart ever again.

Having seen some photos of Maddison without the braids I knew she pretty hot. They should keep her that way for the rest of the series. I wonder if they did that from fan reaction.

I still like the spin off idea where Rachel moves to Portland and starts over. Kind of like what SGS did.

Honestly, you'd have a much better set-up for season 3 if that's what happened.  Your cliffhanger is that Coleman and Yael expose Everlasting, which leads you into a season 3 beginning of having Quinn & Rachel band back together again to fight.  And if they wanted Chet and Jeremy to be part of that, then you still have an in and get some really good storylines out of it - Chet will want to cover his ass and can run interference with the network suits (which we've seen him be good at), and you could even get a good Jeremy storyline out of that.  Maybe in order to keep his silence about what he knows, they give him his job back or they pay him off.  Jay can be the conscious/voice of reason, you can even get Adam back for bits and pieces (surely he would be questioned by authorities about what he knew) and there you have the layout of a good season three.  You still get the background of Everlasting, but it's a different direction for the season, and most importantly, the audience has buy-in for what's going on - we don't have to focus on a new suitor and contestants we know nothing about; the stakes would all be focused on the characters we know.  

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

Honestly, you'd have a much better set-up for season 3 if that's what happened.  Your cliffhanger is that Coleman and Yael expose Everlasting, which leads you into a season 3 beginning of having Quinn & Rachel band back together again to fight.  And if they wanted Chet and Jeremy to be part of that, then you still have an in and get some really good storylines out of it - Chet will want to cover his ass and can run interference with the network suits (which we've seen him be good at), and you could even get a good Jeremy storyline out of that.  Maybe in order to keep his silence about what he knows, they give him his job back or they pay him off.  Jay can be the conscious/voice of reason, you can even get Adam back for bits and pieces (surely he would be questioned by authorities about what he knew) and there you have the layout of a good season three.  You still get the background of Everlasting, but it's a different direction for the season, and most importantly, the audience has buy-in for what's going on - we don't have to focus on a new suitor and contestants we know nothing about; the stakes would all be focused on the characters we know.  

That would be perfect. I'd watch that. They should higher you to replace SGS. Plus we can see how a show like Everlasting handles the BTS legal stuff. I bet they just move on like it never happened. They'll want to forget season 2 even existed. Maybe they somehow return only to find Coleman or Yael still alive n a coma or something like that.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, earlbny said:

I don't want Jeremy on the show for the long haul! He should be put in prison next season and never be seen again!

Edited by Chris Burgess

I ama  guy and wouild totally be down with Jason Behr.

Shiri was a guest on the Kevin pollak Chat show yesterday. When asked about S2 of UnREAl she gave the company line. She was pleased with the way it came out. She also mentioned that the original pilot was so bad that her fiancee told her if she took the role on UnREAL it would ruin her career forever. Last but not least she said some other interesting things about her life. I swear I could watch/listen to her speak and never get bored. 

Yael just landed a job on Chicago Justice as a series regular. So that means she's most likely officially dead. She wasted no time running as far away from Lifetime as she could. So far we have Johanna, BJ & Yeal who have all landed jobs on major networks. Am I missing anyone else?

ETA: Here's an interview with SGS. I thought that what Rachel and Adam had in S1 was electric. However there is no need to bring him back for S3. It did not work in S2. Unless Rachel is going to run off with Adam and make babies then we need to move on. Darius brought nothing to the show. Why bring back either of them. Move as far away from S2 as you can go. Leave that season in the dust. Start over from scratch. SGS mentions some other thing in the article but I'll let you all read the whole thing. It's a little hard to understand who is saying what in the article. 

The upcoming season, expected to debut in 2017, will explore the aftermath of the fatal accident and its effect on all involved, as well as possible returns for Darius (B.J. Britt) and Adam (Freddie Stroma).

Edited by earlbny

When UnREAL returns for Season 3 later this year, Rachel's (Shiri Appleby) relationship status might go from "single" to "it's complicated."

Last week, we got the first details about some of the two dozen men who will compete for the heart of Serena (Caitlin FitzGerald), the show's first female Suitor. But based on what we've heard, at least one of them will catch Rachel's eye instead.

After two on-set relationships that ended in disaster, we don't blame you for rolling your eyes, but we can tell you that this guy really seems like he could be the man of her dreams.

Catch up on all this week's Mega Buzz!

When the contestant in question gets caught up in Rachel's romantic web, her connection with this man-bun-having, former Peace Corps volunteer is so obvious that even Quinn (Constance Zimmer) can't help but take notice.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/unreal-season-3-rachel/

Oh joy more Rachel Romance. Now I am even more excited about S3. Not! Maybe this new man will get Rachel to protest something because that seems to be the hot topic of the day. Seriously I am so over Rachel needing a new man every season. Why can't she just focus on her job. The only relationship I want to see her in is with Quinn. Rachel needing a man in her life every season has gotten stale pretty quick. I want more BTS Everlasting plots and less Soap. Why not just make Rachel the suitress? Otherwise it's time to move on.

• Love 7
(edited)

The apparent double murder in Lifetime’s “UnReal” that capped Season 2 is no mystery to anyone watching: Jeremy (Josh Kelly) did it. But the act was a shock, even for a series about the seamy underbelly of a reality dating show.

Populated by stunning contestants in a gilded mansion and the producers who manipulate them to ever-greater onscreen drama, the show-within-a-show covered up a suicidal swan dive off the rooftop in Season 1, brought on by a producer’s actions. But this time Jeremy acted in the name of saving his ex, Rachel (Shiri Appleby).

Then again, maybe the murder was justified. “We make a joke that if you invite a girl to Martha’s Vineyard and then retract the invitation, you deserve to die,” says showrunner Stacy Rukeyser.

While the killer wasn’t a mystery, it isn’t clear who’s actually responsible. Did Rachel, producer extraordinaire, manipulate Jeremy into it? Season 3 will deal with repercussions. But that’s par for the “UnReal” course. “We have these ‘Oh, my God!’ moments mixed in with these deeper, darker, character moments,” Rukeyser says.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/la-en-st-0525-pretty-little-murders-20170525-story.html

I would have been more shocked if Yael and Coleman exposed everlasting and the show was taken off the air vs the car crash ending we got. After the repercussions or lack there of after Mary's death I doubt anything major will happen. I am prepared for a big let down.

Edited by earlbny

Here's an UnREAL Spoiler for all of you to decode.

http://tvline.com/2017/10/19/the-x-files-william-season-11-spoilers-mulder-scully-son/

Question: Got any UnREAL news? —Frederica
Ausiello: The show is looking for someone to play Rodrigo, a self-assured professional soccer player with a panties-dropping accent and a flair for showing off for the cameras. He’s been around the Everlasting set before, and I’m fairly certain he has some kind of history with Rachel. But here’s the (soccer pun intended) kicker: Rodrigo is scheduled to show up in Season 4 — remember, the the Lifetime drama hasn’t even returned for Season 3 yet — and the hunk’s casting seems to indicate that there’s been a time jump and/or huge life change for Rachel somewhere between now and then. So while we all know Shiri Appleby’s character as a big mess, there are hints that by Season 4 she’s at least had an outer makeover… if not an inner one.

Here's my thoughts. Rachel's outer makeover is dying her hair blond. Shiri reveled that. That's no secret. Not sure what the inner makeover/huge life change is. Maybe it's a baby? As messed up as Rachel is she seems to get around. She can basically have any guy she wants. If she wanted George Clooney she can get George Clooney. Thoughts? 

ETA:  I just read the season 4 casting info. Despite it being an All Stars season they have all new cast members. Weird. I looked up the soccer player that had history with Rachel and I nearly lost it. Rachel is a total train wreck who dresses/smells like a homeless person. This soccer player is completely out of her league. In the words of Michelle Tanner “OH, PUH-LEEEZE.” I can't believe for a second that this dude had history with Rachel. The writers need to get their heads examined.

Alejandro%20Mu%C3%B1oz%204.jpg

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 2

I posted the 1st link in news thread but I figured I would post it here as well. This way we can talk freely about the link.

The 1st season 3 review is in. Click at your own risk. https://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillbarr/2018/02/06/unreal-season-3-review-constance-zimmer-shiri-appleby/

While searching Google for all things UnREAL I uncovered some episode titles for season 3 and season 4. It won’t be long before they all make sense. The 1st episode of season 3 is easy to figure out. I am not so sure on the others but it might be fun to guess.

https://www.episodate.com/tv-show/unreal/amp

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3314218/episodes/?season=4

I also found episode descriptions for the 1st 5 episodes of season 3.  I'll post them if anybody wants to read them.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1

Here’s the episode discriptions for the 1st 5 episodes of season 3.

Oath
Unreal episode

Quinn brings Rachel back from self-imposed "exile" in a desperate attempt to keep "Everlasting" afloat following the PRnightmare of the previous season; Silicon Valley mogul Serena becomes the new season's female "suitress."

Show: Unreal
Season number: 3
Episode number: 1
Air date: February 26, 2018

Shield
Unreal episode

After a poker game with the contestants leaves Serena the sore winner, Chet decides to teach her how to be the woman that all men want to marry; Quinn makes a connection with one of the contestants after meeting Chet's new swimsuit model girlfriend.

Episode number: 2
Air date: March 5, 2018

Clarity
Unreal episode

A patriarchal group date infuriates Serena, who refuses to heed Chet's advice on how women should act; Rachel opens up about her past to Dr. Simon; one of the contestants reveals the real reason why he came on the show.

Episode number: 3
Air date: March 12, 2018

Confront
Unreal episode

Rachel is forced to come clean to Serena; Quinn approves Jay's idea for a new show, but must make a potentially dangerous deal with one of the contestants; Rachel revisits a trauma from her dark past and uncovers distressing news.

Episode number: 4
Air date: March 19, 2018

Gestalt
Unreal episode

Quinn and Jay's new show pitch to Gary does not go as planned; Rachel confronts her father about her past and rescues him from her mother's control; Serena learns a contestant's secret; Jay's arrangement with Alexi becomes even riskier than before.

Episode number: 5
Air date: March 26, 2018

ETA: I am still scratching my head wondering why the show moved from the summer to the winter?  I remember reading all of the articles in regards to the delay. I think they wanted to pair it up with with a new show. However when I checked my TV Guide I noticed that right before the premiere Lifetime is showing a random movie.  I was thinking that maybe they pushed it back so we would have forgotten all about the mess that was season two. Or that more people might tune in during the winter vs the summer.  It’s not like they pushed it back to give them more time to correct all the things that went wrong with season two.  Season three was in the can ready to go and then it got pushed back. I know more people tend to stay in during the winter. However a lot of new shows are premiering that night. UnREAL has some pretty big competition. I think the ratings will still be low.  I think a lot of people have either given up on the show or forgotten about it. 

Here’s an interview with Adam Demos about UnREAL.  I can’t wait to see how the love triangle plays out. NOT!  I’m so tired of shows doing the stupid love triangle plot.  Can you come up with something more original. I bet my eight-year-old niece can. 

https://www.tvinsider.com/667142/unreal-season-3-august-adam-demos/

In the following video Shiri mentions that Rachel has a #Metoo moment this season. They even have a line about Harvey Weinstein this season. I guess they decided to go with the ripped straight from the headlines plot again. We all know how that worked out last season. I don’t think enough people will entailing about that moment to make a difference. Regardless I’ll be tuning in to see how it all plays out.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1

In that Forbes article I posted above Merrill Barr talks about a scene that happens in episode 2.  Your actually not told what happens. I've put my detective on and might have figured it all out.  

Forbes Quote: By the end of the second episode this season, which contains one of the show’s greatest scenes ever, audiences will be able to rest easy knowing the show has regained the footing that made it a break out hit back in 2015. In the end, this could end up being the best season yet.

Here a review all the way from Australia that might have mentioned what took place in that scene. This is just a  guess so I could be totally wrong.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/unreal-is-the-brilliant-comedydrama-that-gets-real-about-reality-television-20180219-h0wb6q.html

In the second episode of this season, Rachel sees her feminist heroine Serena playing dumb in order to make herself more attractive to her suitors, and she's truly horrified.

"This is not great, this is tanking the whole point of the season," she complains to Quinn. "If one of these guys falls for this version of her, they're just falling for a fake. This is all a lie."

"Hello," says Quinn, drink in hand, smirk on face. "This is Everlasting. The whole show's a lie, Rachel."

Pause. "Don't tell anyone."

Here's a review of the 1st 5 episodes of season 3. It's a very mixed review. 

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/02/unreal-review-season-3-lifetime-show-1201930638/

I cant wait to find out who Rachel's rapist is. This way we can finally move on. That plot does nothing for me.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/shiri-appleby-breaks-down-unreals-timely-season-3-theme/

Edited by earlbny

What to Expect from the Rest of ‘Unreal’ Season 3.

https://www.brit.co/unreal-season-three-premiere-interview-executive-producers/

This article doesn’t go into full on spoiler mode. However it does makes you think about some things. I am starting to wonder if Rachel’s mom or Dad raped her. Her dad was a patient of her crazy mom and she  generous when it came to meds. I know that Rachel rescues her dad at some point this season so that probably has something to do with it.  As for Jeremy and the whole murder thing. I think he's going to take the fall. I don’t know how but there’s no way Rachel would take the fall.  Much like Quinn Rachel is the show.  Without Rachel there is a no-show.  Plus it’s pretty obvious that nobody likes Jeremy.  The season should’ve open with Jeremy in handcuffs and that being the end of his character. He’ll probably drag it out to the season finale.  Rachel does your hair in season four so she can look like one of the contestants on everlasting.  I can’t wait to see her in that red corset .

Edited by earlbny
18 hours ago, earlbny said:

What to Expect from the Rest of ‘Unreal’ Season 3.

https://www.brit.co/unreal-season-three-premiere-interview-executive-producers/

This article doesn’t go into full on spoiler mode. However it does makes you think about some things. I am starting to wonder if Rachel’s mom or Dad raped her. Her dad was a patient of her crazy mom and she  generous when it came to meds. I know that Rachel rescues her dad at some point this season so that probably has something to do with it.  

Unless they are changing it, he was a patient of her mom's and not the dad.  I think her mom kept him as a patient even though he raped Rachel.  She didn't stick up for her daughter.  I think she thought Rachel was lying, but I don't remember everything.  From the few times Rachel has mentioned her dad, Rachel hates her mom for drugging him up.

Edited by Stuffy
  • Love 4
(edited)
18 hours ago, Stuffy said:

Unless they are changing it, he was a patient of her mom's and not the dad.  I think her mom kept him as a patient even though he raped Rachel.  She didn't stick up for her daughter.  I think she thought Rachel was lying, but I don't remember everything.  From the few times Rachel has mentioned her dad, Rachel hates her mom for drugging him up.

Thanks for refreshing my memory. That’s totally correct. So it might just be some random dude. One thing I do know is that Rachel rescues her Dad in an upcoming episode. Her mom is totally evil.

It's no secret that S4 is going to be an all star season. It's been said that it will feature a take on that BIP scandal. Yay I can't wait. NOT! They have a hard time of introducing us to new characters on this show. How are they going to introduce new characters that were supposed to have seen in previous seasons? I only know of like 2 people that are returning. All the rest are new. Plus rather then 10 episodes S4 was cut down to 8. It's hard enough to fit every story into 10 episodes let alone 8.

Edited by earlbny