Type keyword(s) to search

Who's Your Favorite Contestant?

LoL! Ok which one was the gambler, the white guy with the beard? If so, yeah he was kinda annoying.

He's the 30-year-old who replaced Jonathan as the challenger. And he's the worst. Though I did get a kick out of his smartass response of, "Oh, is that how this works?" after the host repeated the stupid three wrongs and you're gone for the millionth time. But he's so smug. I'm hoping the librarian gets through his next 50 questions so we're not stuck with the gambler.
  • Love 6

creepy too.

Definitely.  If you're going to show your teeth that relentlessly, at least make sure they're not horrifying to look at.

I tuned in at the halfway point last night, for the first time, and I think I recognized all of the contestants from other shows.  Jonathan, if I remember correctly, is making it a life goal to appear on every game show there is.  I even heard him on Ask Me Another on NPR.  I'm not sure if the others were from Jeopardy! or The Chase, but they all seemed to be retreads from somewhere else.  I get that the producers want to start off with people they know are good game players, but they should sprinkle them throughout, not slather them on all at once.  It feels been there, done that otherwise, I think.

(edited)

I was at least somewhat invested in Steve after 3 or 4 shows.   Would have rather just see how much he raked up then bother with another contestant.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

Steve was one of the nicest, most rootable contestants I've seen in a long time.  The Love Child of Drew Carey and Chris Farley -- Adam -- was annoying and several of the challengers annoyed in lesser amounts. Most annoying was Qwest and The Catchphrase Which Will Never Catch On.

• Love 1

I didn't get Drew Carey.  To me, he reminded me of Patton Oswalt when he's acting as any one of the annoying characters in his standup routine.

2 hours ago, Suzysite said:

Oh Ken Jennings, how the mighty have fallen.  I think even I could have done better than that. 

That was sort of shocking how poorly he did. Did he only get one answer right?

Nathan (I think that was the math professor's name) seemed very nice but his nerves made me nervous. The challenger who knocked him out, however, and looked at his board and said, "I know everything about all of these topics" made me laugh a lot harder than I should have. 

• Love 1

Oh, how the mighty have fallen, Ken Jennings.

I like the dude with the pony tail.  His challenger looks like the love child of Samuel L. Jackson and Urkel, with bad teeth and wearing the same outfit Forest Whitaker wore in "The Crying Game."

I was a big fan of the Vietnamese woman with the short red hair. She shocked me with being able to immediately answer obscure questions. I have to say, I sat down to watch this all because of the Ken Jennings promo. So, WTH, Ken? You knew a coffee answer you shouldn't have and not the ones you should have? Way to break my heart. Still ... 500 questions translates to 500 commercials. I was able to watch all of Strong at the same time.

12 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I was a big fan of the Vietnamese woman with the short red hair.

Monica, the first winner?  I liked her too.  I liked the guy that won tonight (Friday) but I'm glad he's gone -- a little goes a long way.

(edited)

I liked Ryan, aka ponytail guy.   The fun atmosphere left when he left.  Pretty crazy that he was beaten by Liz, who had also knocked him out on Jeopardy. 

Edited by Suzysite
5 hours ago, Suzysite said:

I liked Ryan, aka ponytail guy.   The fun atmosphere left when he left.  Pretty crazy that he was beaten by Liz, who had also knocked him out on Jeopardy. 

We got "breaking news-ed", and by the time they went back to the show, he was gone. What happened?

(edited)
1 hour ago, opus said:

We got "breaking news-ed", and by the time they went back to the show, he was gone. What happened?

Ryan completed 30 questions without any strikes against him and had accumulated $24,000, and then did the lightning round where he answered 12 out of 16 questions correctly in 2 minutes so he picked up another $12,000.  Going into the next round against the next challenger, Liz, Ryan was up to 46 questions and $36,000.

Ryan made it up to 48 questions where he picked up a strike in 'Animals in History' category and question 49 was a 'Geography' battle question that resulted in a tie so Ryan still had a strike going into Question 50.

Ryan picked up a 2nd strike on Question 50, which was another 'Animals in History' category question, so Liz picked the 'Food and Drink' category for Question 51 where Ryan got his 3rd strike.  The clue for Question 51 never even had a hint in it to help guess the answer so it was pretty tough (I didn't get it either).

At least Ryan went home with some money -- $36,000.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
(edited)

The Asian guy (I'm terrible with names) is pleasant and frequently getting two strikes makes the game exciting. But it bugged me when he kept saying "dancing the board." It reminded me of Richard Quest's "tickle the board" which I had forgotten about until he reminded me. I'm glad he won his first round though. His first opponent Colby(?) seemed too arrogant for my taste.

Edited by Snow Apple
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have most liked the lady of Vietnamese heritage.

But, ponytail guy was tremendous.  He saw right through all of Harris' and TPTB's tripe and threw it right back in their faces brilliantly.  I would not like him if I met him in all probability, but he is an all-time great game show contestant.  Homeric, even!  (Memo to Harris:  I am not referencing The Simpsons)

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes