Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Season 3

I'm glad the show is back. I realize that every situation is scripted at some level, but the first part of this episode felt more scripted than usual. Usually the situations at least feel somewhat organic. These were set ups from the get-go. Julie's reaction to the boys eating her food was completely insincere. If that had really happened, there would have been rage, panic, and tears.

I know they're working on spin-offs. Is Julie wrangling for a cooking show?

• Love 3

It is feeling more scripted than usual. And watching Todd coach the family with scripts and what to say to Tovah made me laugh at the absurdity of it all. Seeing them practice....then seeing them being filmed doing what they've undoubtedly practiced every episode.... it gave me a good laugh.

I'm glad Lindsie didn't let Savannah use her ID, I really didn't think she'd go through with that. She's a mom and I think her mom instincts kicked in.

Chase almost lighting his face on fire was hilarious in a weird way. Granted, it's dangerous, but if he's that stupid....

The pizza making, Chase feeling up the dough, Faye going after him... great comedy! And the baseball scenes were fun. Those kids made an amazing comeback with the former pro there, didn't they? :)

Is this Lea friend being pushed on us for a reason?  I saw the last few episodes that I apparently missed of season 2 right before season 3 premiered tonight and Lea was in the one where she was "bossing" around Todd while she stayed over.  Between that episode and the one where she was singing tonight at some stupid "parlor party", she is very, very annoying.  I hope she is not going to be sticking around many episodes or that they're angling to give her a show of her own because I will surely not watch either.  She is far too over-the-top fake and very much a cartoon.

• Love 2

Lea is not funny!  Just the first minutes she was on I was ready to flip the channel.  I know it s scripted but the reason we love this show is that Todd is so funny.  The actions with Lea is NOT funny - just stupid and irritating.  The parlor party was weird, weird, weird.   The boys eating the food - too fake.    The kid was sitting there during the fake preparation for the party so he knew what the food was for.  Bad script.

I loved the scene where Julie was supposedly making tomato soup. Not one utensil on the counter - not one tomato  or other ingredients.  They do need to do better.  More Todd - less idiots.

• Love 2

Hopefully Lea is one and done.  Don't care for her at all.  As for the eating of the food, I would have taken the cell phone, car keys, and made him stay home until it was time for work.  Chase being as ass shopping is a given and he isn't my son so make him miserable.  But then again, the whole 'event' was fake, lol.  Best part was Chase and the lighter in the kitchen.  His face was priceless.  Be a dumbass with a lighter and dumbass things happen.  Oh I love this show!

• Love 2

I'm sure we'll see more Lea because she will annoy Todd down the line.

I don't mind fake storylines too much, but if they are too obviously fake I have a problem. No way would Lindsay would let Savannah use her ID on camera.

Chase having to help AND sit and listen to the singing made me laugh.

• Love 2
(edited)

I didn't like Lea, either, but I did LOLROLFLMAO'ed hard last season when she had massive pains all because she had to fart....

You had to love it when Todd said 'Bye Felicia!"! LOL

LOL @ Chase wanting Beyonce to be in a bikini singing @ his funeral.... I am almost sure she be dead before he is, unless, something happened.... ;-x

Edited by OrientalAmish
  • Love 1
(edited)

It is feeling more scripted than usual. And watching Todd coach the family with scripts and what to say to Tovah made me laugh at the absurdity of it all. Seeing them practice....then seeing them being filmed doing what they've undoubtedly practiced every episode.... it gave me a good laugh.

I thought of that as a meta moment. You know it's scripted. They know it's scripted. They know you know it's scripted. But it's still fun because the Chrisley's are genuinely fun people (well, save for Kyle) and you can always see those little peeks behind the scripting. Lindsie just could NOT keep a straight face during the storyline where Todd is trying to lecture her grown ass about letting Savannah use her I.D.

Although really- you can tell they're sisters, but there's a considerable height differential between her and Savannah and I think most bouncers would have picked up on it. I do feel for Savannah though- fake i.d.'s are getting harder and harder to do these days.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
(edited)

Savannah is pretty, which makes me surprised she'd ask her sister for her ID based on the reason that they look more alike now that they're older.  Um, sorry, but I don't see it.  They both have blonde hair and they're white.  That's about it as far as their resemblance goes.  Unless Lindsie's ID was a big blurry blonde blob, not even a partially blind bouncer or bartender would buy that it's Savannah's ID.  Lindsie certainly isn't the ugliest girl in the south, but she's not exactly striking in a good way.  Savannah has what I've always considered that typical southern girl next store pretty.  Lindsie, not so much.  (Also, Lindsie's stupid 90's big southern pageant hair does not help her cause either.  Someone get that girl to a hair stylist, stat!  And not Todd.)

Edited by LIGirl

Lindsie and Savanna are half sisters.  That is why they do not share the beauty.  I think Todd would be a good second opinion for hair styles. 

Has Lindsie  divorced?  She doesn't  have a wedding ring on and there is no mention of the hubbie.  I liked him and if Lindsie  had half a brain she could have helped the two men meet in the middle.

Lindsie and Savanna are half sisters.  That is why they do not share the beauty.  I think Todd would be a good second opinion for hair styles. 

Has Lindsie  divorced?  She doesn't  have a wedding ring on and there is no mention of the hubbie.  I liked him and if Lindsie  had half a brain she could have helped the two men meet in the middle.

I know that they are half sisters, but being half siblings doesn't always mean siblings won't still look alike or at least similar to one another.  I was just more or less commenting on how ludicrous it was that Savannah would actually think someone would buy Lindsie's ID as her own.  But then again, she probably doesn't think that; the show's script told her to say it.  ;)

I don't think Lindsie is divorced.  I think there will never be any love lost between Todd and her husband who probably wants nothing or as little as possible with filming the show with the rest of the family.  I have the gut feeling that Todd could fake it until he made it with getting along with her husband, but her husband probably can't even do that.

Todd has said that he is not interested in having a relationship with Lindsay's husband, so I think that plays a big part in why we never see him. I know last season there was a scene between Todd and Lindsay that indicated they hadn't been around each other in some time off-camera because of the issues between Todd and the husband. I honestly don't think there's anything she can do if two adult men don't want a relationship with one another.

They do a lot of moronic things that can land them in jail. The kids texting and driving is one that will REALLY give you problems. Huge fines and possible jail time or community service in Georgia. The fact they have showed it on TV (last season especially) just blew my mind.

You're not even supposed to look at your cell phone. A few of my friends have been stopped for that.

(Also, Lindsie's stupid 90's big southern pageant hair does not help her cause either.  Someone get that girl to a hair stylist, stat!  And not Todd.)

It cracks me up. Savannah used to do that with her hair before she cut it. I do feel like Lindsie is going for a Miss Deep South 1995 look with her hair.

(edited)

They've really cleaned up this show. No more conspicuous consumption while having filed for bankruptcy. A smaller house in the suburbs (was the other one foreclosed on?). Todd less "flamboyant" and less nasty and controlling. No more drug addict son. No more fake sexual banter with Julie. Whatever happened to Todd's plans for the luxury retail operation?

Now if Todd would lay off the Botox and eyebrow pencil he might resemble a human being.

He's very clever and has the famous southern way with words, but I was very uncomfortable with his earlier behavior and have not forgotten it. I hope his remaining kids at home emerge unscathed. Savannah's probably enduring the show until she can leave home and perhaps land an entertainment career.

Edited by pasdetrois

We all know this is a scripted show so I would blame the writers more than Todd for heavy handed actions.  Some shows have even gone off the cliff trying to be edgy.  I think the show is still finding its feet with Todd humor. 

Compared to other shows I think this one should be credited for showing respect to women and girls.  Many shows get their jollies from the guy dating or using the gals for jokes and tricks.  This one showed the son being corrected for trying to date  two different girls/women for Valentine's Day.  Julie wins the ACT challenge with her daughter.  How many shows now show teens trying to get into college by getting good grades?  Even the little one doing his own project.  Might sound stupid but the kids watching this are viewing kids doing the right thing or being corrected.  I even wonder about the fake ID story line and how many teens watching that heard for the first time about a felony attached to using fake IDs.  Good lesson there.

Everyone has a right to dig their way out of bankruptcy and I wonder how much of what is on  the Internet is true about the family.  I'm sure the fact the family had to downgrade their lifestyle was hard but  I can't blame them entirely on the fact the housing market fell through the floor. 

When I see some stupid stuff I just remind myself that  it is a show.  I'm grateful it is a decent show.

• Love 7

I even wonder about the fake ID story line and how many teens watching that heard for the first time about a felony attached to using fake IDs.  Good lesson there.

I think there was definitely a lesson in there. And I haven't noticed them being on their cell phones when behind the wheel, unless it's hands-free and they are talking. It's a hefty fine if you are caught looking at your cell phone and they think you might be texting or not paying attention in Georgia. I know someone who got into an accident while texting in Atlanta....totaled his car, lost his license for a period of time, lost his job because he couldn't make it to work on time. Consequences.

I loved the moment between Todd and Julie just before they checked the ACT scores when he expressed his concern over having Savannah and Chase leave at the same time. He's truly sad about having Savannah leave early.

• Love 1

Am glad that Grayson has toned it down.  He used to be so bratty but not so much anymore.

I love the interaction between Chase and Todd.  They're so funny.

Chase shouldn't be getting a dog just as he's about to leave for college.  Even if he lived at home, he'll be out socializing and participating in school functions and such and won't be home to take care of it.  So you know who would get stuck ... Todd & Julie.

I hope Chase doesn't behave on a date like he did with that young dark-haired woman.  Texting the whole time?!?!  WTF?!?!  If my date, boyfriend, husband, other did that I'd be up and out of there so fast it would make your head swim.

What's going to happen to the show when/if Savannah and Chase actually leave home?

I like it.

I think they'll figure out a way to film in the summer and during holiday breaks so all the kids can be part of the show. Although, I'd also like to get a peek at their life away from home as well. With Todd peeking in the windows and spying on them, no doubt. :)

• Love 2

I honestly cannot see either child leaving for college. I do not think either are that bright. I'm sorry Savannah having a hard time with math during the show and now she graduates early?  I call foul, no way academically see graduates early.  Chase is stupid, I'm sorry he is stupid.  He's going to be at home going to a community college or  doing something else.  Savannah will want to model and not go to school.  If they were smart the those ACT's would be all over that show.

I think the kids play dumb just for the show. It's more comedic if they don't understand geography or certain words....if they were smart and knew it all, they wouldn't be as interesting.

I wish I could believe you but I don't think they are that great at being comedic.  I think some things are staged but both kids have that blank look. The talks they have in the kitchen, at the table, etc. I think that's them (and that's fine).  If you are playing dumb you hold back but being dumb you get it all and I think you get it all with these kids.

I complain but I do love this family, For this last episode, I would have charged Savannah more than $40 for gas and coming to get her, lol.  $20 for gas ok but it would have been $60 for getting her, getting gas and taking her back, lol.  But I don't think she ran out of gas and spent money.  Still I loved it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Seems that Savannah is bright after all.  I live in Nashville and Lipscomb is a very well-respected private Christian college and they would let Savannah in if she really didn't have the grades.  Especially with her graduating early.  She said she would be there for 4-5 years which indicated to me that she's already thinking of graduate school.  Good for her!  

Savannah had a completely different aura about her tonight ... very well-spoken and determined to stand her ground with Todd.  Speaking of which, did she call him Todd several times tonight and not just Daddy?  She seemed to have matured overnight.  I believe she's just been playing dim for the cameras.  Chase, I'm not so sure about.  But I do love him!  "It could be worse ... we could be ugly!"  HAHAHA

Murfreesboro was certainly portrayed poorly.  It's actually a mid-size city with about 120,000 residents.  The small B&B they showed is absolutely not the only place to stay in the area.

Faye joined them for the remaining miles to Nashville,then she disappeared.  Guess she found a good bar.

I love this family.  Maybe they'll all move to Nashville!

Edited by slasherboy
  • Love 1

I just wish someone, somewhere would correct that damn graphic that says "The Chrisley's House" or whatever. Unless Todd has started referring to himself as "The Chrisley," I will never not notice that misplaced apostrophe.

• Love 3

These last two were just too staged for me. The only place to stay in Murfressboro being one room in an inn because they misplaced their key was not believable. The second one was so unnecessary because I think they could've gotten more out of a college tour, Nashville, etc. Also, too little Chase.

• Love 1

I've been to Murfreesboro for dance competitions. It's a college town - Middle Tennessee State University. A good friend is on the faculty. It's not a two-bit hick small town. Lots of hotel choices in the area.

How would the underage Savannah have gotten into a Nashville bar?

Lipscomb University (locally known as "David Lipscomb" sometimes) is affiliated with the Church of Christ. You know, the folks who brought us the Duck Dynasty brand of religion.

I wish this series would lay off the clumsy script; this family doesn't need it.

• Love 1

The house is a rental. When they lost the big house to foreclosure, all they had left that they owned was a small condo in downtown Atlanta. Not suitable for filming, so they rented this house. And no, Bravo is not helping them with expenses, as some people have speculated. A friend who knows a Housewife told me their homes, utilities, cars, etc are all at their own personal expense.

• Love 3

It's comfirmed with tonight's episode that those couch-sitting talks are staged somewhere. The one tonight with Chase and Savannah on the print sofa in front of the windows....that backdrop is from season one. The bigger house. When they moved, they first started talking on the sofas in front of the fireplace (or whatever) with the blue walls. Now they have bounced back to the window background.

I loved that Chase wants to go into real estate, and he quickly learned that he needs to do his homework before a showing. I think he'll do well, and I loved that Todd always tells his children how proud he is of them when they do a good job.

• Love 2

In my mind this show is one level above Everyone Loves Raymond.  A good comedy and set up situations.  So what is the problem?  We're having a good laugh.  It's wholesome, funny, a different story line than others.

You have a family that is working for a living.  What is wrong with that?  There is a good moral theme in every story.  Gee, Chase actually had to buckle down and learn about that house and real estate.  And he was rewarded.  Wish a few more teens would watch this show.  Paying for a smashed car, not lying to parents, great respect for Grandma, spending time with the kids/camping.

• Love 3

I love that Julie tried to warn Todd that he would want to play Mama Nurse for long because Savannah would take advantage…which she did. And if Savannah really had appendicitis, I feel for her, that shit is not fun.

• Love 2

I just wish someone, somewhere would correct that damn graphic that says "The Chrisley's House" or whatever. Unless Todd has started referring to himself as "The Chrisley," I will never not notice that misplaced apostrophe.

I noticed that in the last episode (or two?), it's finally been changed to "The Chrisleys' Home"! Is there a Todd-ism that can express my glee?

• Love 1