Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Wonderland

Pettifleur is in panic mode preparing for her themed 50th birthday party. She's hoping for a spectacular, glamorous and drama-free night--but with the tensions still high, will her wishes come true?

That finale was...eh.

Gina has fallen in my estimation but it doesn't make anyone else come across better. I gotta admit that the last few episodes haven't kept my attention so I skimmed it. Maybe I missed something awesomely couture that might sway my opinion.

I doubt it, though.

• Love 5

Pettifleur's full performance.

Dancing With the Stars is about the extent of my dancing knowledge so I thought she did a decent job considering she's not a pro.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm surprised that the season was actually able to build to a climax like that. It obviously doesn't beat the iconic Gina vs Andrea "Deck of Cards" battle but that was about as physical as we've ever seen these housewives get. I'm by no means excusing Gina but Jackie forcing the balcony door open was probably a step too far.

It's crazy how much Pettifleur reminds me of my parents. They're both perfectionists with staff too and even though we clash sometimes over it (I'm a passive/timid customer) I respect that it's a common mentality for South Asians to have. I loved Pettifleur's vision for her party- it's rare to find an Australian who truly appreciates the beauty of snow so her theme was a breath of fresh air. And she danced the hell out of that rumba too.

Manuela needs to join the cast for Season 3. She didn't speak a single lie and it was nice to see someone defend Janet, even if it was a little belated. Janet didn't even need Manuela though. She was just pumping out zingers like nobody's business. If last season was the season of Gina, this was definitely the season of Janet.

Edited by GuyAwks
  • Love 1

I can't stand Janet but before Photo Dude and Lady from Last Night (can't remember their names), Gamble seemed to bring it up as often as Janet did.

I don't know if it was the seemingly wonky editing or what, but I was not feeling that fight between Jackie and Gina. It kinda seemed forced, maybe?

Janet spread the rumor to the entire world (anyone who watches this show) by saying it on TV.

So was Gina saying Janet and Jackie were on coke/cocaine at the party? With Jackie's aggressive behavior it wouldn't surprise me. Jackie annoys the hell out of me with her random shouts of Couture! It is almost cartoon like but not fun or cute.

Jackie and Lydia seem to have similar levels of intelligence (morons) but Jackie seems fake and tries to come off as happy go lucky but her mean aggressive streak shows up all the time which makes her happy side seems fake. I realize people are multi-faceted but she screams disingenuous imo. Lydia just seems mentally impaired trying for coquette (sp?).

I still like Gina, Gamble and Chika!

• Love 5
(edited)

I still like Gina, Gamble and Chyka!

Look at you and your good taste! :) I totally agree.  I also agree with your assessment of Jackie; the "demonic" side of her (™ Gina) makes the "shineshineshine!" part seem really inauthentic.

Ugh.  There are not enough words to describe how much I hate Pettifleur and how she treats everyone.

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE don't let Manuela join the cast next season!  She was such a bitch, and not in a fun/funny way.  I feel like that's how she was being positioned, though, as a potential new HW next season:  all of a sudden she got all this screen time, and THs even!  I'll have to check out of the next season if Janet/Petti/Manuela have the main storylines, they are insufferable.

And I was too lazy to post it at the time, but Lydia's outfit slayed at the races.

Edited by link417
  • Love 3
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE don't let Manuela join the cast next season!  She was such a bitch, and not in a fun/funny way.  I feel like that's how she was being positioned, though, as a potential new HW next season:  all of a sudden she got all this screen time, and THs even!  I'll have to check out of the next season if Janet/Petti/Manuela have the main storylines, they are insufferable.

I saw Manuela using the Housewives tag on twitter back when she first appeared on the show so I'm convinced Manuela is just waiting in the wings for her time in the limelight. 

(edited)

Janet is a nasty scarecrow bitch. She didn't start that rumor but she damn well made sure Gamble had to spend the entire season defending herself.

To me about Gamble, she doth protest too much. If you know its not true, fuck it. The more Gamble protested, the more I believed the rumor was true.

And Gina doesn't like cats? No wonder I can't stand the woman.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4

That dog race was too cute! Wait, the finale aired this week? I already watched this 2 weeks ago as well as part 1 of the reunion last Sunday.... Hmmmm....

The show airs in Australia on Sundays and in the U.S. on Thursdays, the U.S. airing is a week or two behind Australia's showing.

(edited)

The dog race was super cute. The jockeys. The dog bone medals. I can imagine Gamble doing it again for charity and having a great turn out.

I wish when Janet had originally brought up The Rumor, she had prefaced by saying it was obviously bullshit. But she didn't. She approached it with this serious hushed tone like she thought it was the gospel truth. I think she and Manuela are retconning what happened with The Rumor. And Manuela is the worst. Janet and Gamble had mostly reached a good place and this chick has to gambol up to Gamble and stir shit up again.

Pettifleur is awful. She's still terrible to service people. As bad as each of the women are, they said thank you to their carriage drivers. Pettifleur didn't to Chyka's people. She just said it was good that she cracked the whip. Bitch please. I want to switch this bitch off.

Gina. Still kind of an asshole.

Chyka throws a great party. All of these housewives writing books and the one who should, Chyka, isn't. Write a party planning guide or entertaining book!

I find it ridiculous to think that Jackie thinks she could jump franchises. She'd never fit on an American Housewives show. Ben is the most entertaining thing about her right now.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8
(edited)

Did someone along the way tell Pettifleur she can get away with saying anything and everything as long as it is delivered with a smile?  I find her thoroughly unlikeable and have taken to fast-forwarding through most of the time she is on the screen. 

Jackie and her use of couture...can't see how Gina can be accused of insulting her by calling her a Bogan when that label seems so often to be a fairly accurate description.  I didn't realize her profession is being a psychic.

Bangs suit Lydia.  The funniest thing she has said in both seasons so far was that she should have picked up a Matchbox Bentley for Pettifleur.  Glad we got another look at those paintings.

Janet always looks in need of moisturizer. 

Gamble is harmless. 

I'm still on the Gina train.  I don't think she always seems right, but I can give her a pass on most of the nonsense the others harp on about.   She seems like the type to have a biting sense of humor that can be misinterpreted or used against her.  I don't see her as evil though. 

Edited by ichbin
  • Love 6
I'm still on the Gina train.  I don't think she always seems right, but I can give her a pass on most of the nonsense the others harp on about.   She seems like the type to have a biting sense of humor that can be misinterpreted or used against her.  I don't see her as evil though.

I'm buying a ticket for that train ride!  No, Gina isn't an angel but she's way better than shineshineshine and bitchbitchbitch.  The real villain of the season is Janet, nonstop shade, and pot stirring all season.

• Love 7
(edited)

I found Gina to be a bit boring this season., probably because every time she opened her mouth and said something, she had to spend twice as much time  defending herself. She wasn't the fun, super blunt  Gina from season 1.

The entire season storyline was what, about the effing "rumor"? Gamble ended up annoying the crap out of me because she managed to bring it up on every show. I did enjoy Petti because she gave me a new howife to hate on. She is just so horrible, so self absorbed, it's TV gold. Speaking of Petti, I still don't understand the reason why she is stuck on the word bitch. Bitches this, bitches that. I realize that word can be taken many ways, but if someone called me a bitch, even as an endearment, I wouldn't want to be around them. It';s just a huge turnoff. 

Jackie certainly did come down a notch from S1. I have always disliked Janet, she seems empty and vacuous. And talking about erectile dysfunction at dinner? Gross.   Still love Chyka. Lydia is stupid, but I do enjoy her wardrobe. 

Overall, it seems the the howvies have fallen into the same patterns or trying to cash in or launch products. Petti with er book, Gina with her shoes, Janet with tea, La Mascara for Jackie. I really hate that shit. But I do want a season 3, but lets actually have a storyline next season. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 1

I actually found the finale sort of interesting relative to the season that preceded it. I usually only sort of distractedly watch this installment while I'm doing other things, but the cognitive dissonance was pretty high for me last night because Janet and Jackie appeared to be advancing a totally different narrative from reality. Janet's friend is the one who approached Gamble and revived conflict, was she not? And Gina made multiple attempts to extract herself from the dispute only to have Jackie aggressively charge up to her again and again. I didn't see Gina grabbing Jackie but I wouldn't be surprised if someone reflexively made preemptive contact after their enraged co-worker continually rushed after them and forced open a balcony door. That Jackie and Janet seem to be attempting to promote the idea that they are the aggrieved parties is something of a running theme with this franchise (after Andrea did the same last year). The mind, it boggles.

• Love 6

Janet always looks in need of moisturizer. 

Gamble is harmless. 

I agree about Gina. These girls just don't get her and her humor and they take things way too seriously. 

After having all of that work done on her face, why did Janet neglect her neck?

That meal Lydia made looked divine even though I am allergic to most of what was on the plate. 

Jackie got on my nerves all season, butting her nose into others' conversations and her crazy couture talk. I hope they do a thing on the reunion with her constantly saying that and people, including Ben, reacting. I hated how she and others kept saying that Gamble was Gina's mouthpiece, as if Gina needs someone to speak for her and Gamble doesn't have a mind of her own.

Pettifleur sucks eggs. Cannot stand her in her talking heads where she says something stupid or really mean and then has that self-satisfied look. Someone needs to switch that bitch.

• Love 12

Janet - I take it back.  I had said the only thing irritating about her were her THs.  I need to amend that.  I hate that friend of hers.  So if I have to listen to that creature Manella or whatever then I hope Janet's son makes her leave the show.

Gamble -  I get that Gamble didn't like Gina looking for who started the rumor.  I'm not sure how I would feel.  On one hand I know that Gina would want to know 'where did this come from'.  But I also understand that Gamble just wants everyone to STFU.  I loved that she saw Man's approach as just the aggressive behavior that she didn't like.

Jackie - She likes Manu so that's another point against her.  She was yelling the whole time PF was doing her sexy rumba.  She just couldn't stand come one else being the center of attention.  Plus, buy a bra.  Your jugs are starting to show their age.

Gina -  Nothing she says or does is going to be right for these people.  Odd since she is not the most offensive one.

Chyka - Still lure her.  The casual outfit at PFs talking through the event - killer good.  Just the right amount of blink versus homey.  And she remains the ONLY one on this franchise that gets how to wear a statement necklace.

• Love 3

Chyka succumbing to church giggles while Party Flounce danced made me laugh too. I was horrified as her guests endured that awkward dance. My god, how did any of them manage not to roll on the floor as she staggered around. Her poor son - I feel really sorry for him, having that clueless narcissist for a mother.

Hallway Flower Drama - at first I wondered if there had been a miscommunication, but then Chyka explained that PF had demanded more flowers earlier, so they gave her more flowers. PF thinks being petulant and demanding is a sign of wealth and station. Saying "I'm freaked out" over and over signals everyone that you aren't smart enough to express yourself like an adult. And crassly calling out to whoever paid for the event - her boyfriend? - thanking him for "writing the check." And then once again asking for the Bentley.

Chyka has SUCH a fabulous sense of style. I don't think we've seen one misguided outfit. I wonder if she could be successful with a modestly-priced fashion line (says the poster who grouses that they are all pushing their businesses via the show).

For the luvvagod can we please be done with the damn stripper/sex party theme? See, I'm so bored and annoyed it's making me cuss.

I think Janet is capable of being a good friend and a fun companion; she occasionally is very witty. But she's so desperate for attention and to be relevant. The awkward jokes about ED drugs...ugh.

I sense Jackie can also be pleasant, but within a very narrow set of circumstances. If she's not being showered with dresses and other luxuries, not being given enough camera time, not being the center of attention...the petulant toddler emerges. She tries to cover it up with the psychic shine BS.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

I just can't with Gina, I think she's a bitch that needs to be switched.  I don't think she's funny at all, and I wouldn't be surprised if she was prejudice.  I don't like Pettifleur but I didn't like Gina making fun of her accent.  See, I don't get how people are against bullying, but Gina's making fun of someone's accent is funny.  And to me, it doesn't matter if you're nasty to service people or whomever, nasty is nasty.  

To me, the only thing Gina has going for her is her education.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

I don't like Pettifleur but I didn't like Gina making fun of her accent. 

I love Gina but I felt the exact same as this statement.  I was taught that you don't tease people about things they can't change or it's just plain rude, no two ways about it.  Especially in this case since Gina (I assume) is a native Australian and Pettifleur is not; it can be perceived as Gina thinking Petti is "less than" because she's foreign-born, which is an attitude I can't stand in anyone.  

I can see how it might seem prejudiced when Gina made that "chickenhawk" comment and imitated the way Petti talks, but then I saw a clip of Gina making fun of the way Jackie speaks so I think it's just one of the things she does when she finds someone irritating.  And I feel like the needling of Petti about how her accent is not a native Australian accent is in reaction to Petti's insistence that she doesn't have an accent when she so clearly does.

But, YMMV.  You won't ever see me denying the fact that Ms. Liano can be problematic :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Chyka has trained her staff so well. I realize they are probably used to dealing with equally delusional clients who see things as they are being set up and can't imagine the final product but they were so patient and calm in dealing with Pettifleur and gracious when she hugged them after it was all set up. I couldn't do that job because there would be eye rolls galore between me and my co-workers and a slight passive aggressive "I told told you to trust us" when she loved the final product.

I hope Chyka paid for their bar tab/bitch session after the event!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

See, I don't get how people are against bullying, but Gina's making fun of someone's accent is funny.

That's the sad truth about how racism works. People don't even realise how influential it is on them, which is the main reason why so many people praise Gina and demonise Pettifleur. Pettifleur's questionable behaviour gives people an outlet for their inner prejudice and sadly Gina gives them a figurehead to hop behind.

Bullying is only "bullying" when it's committed against white people like Gina.

Edited by GuyAwks
  • Love 1