Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Dolly'D Up

A celebrity impersonator wants to fix her saggy skin; Paul helps a woman with a potentially unfixable nose; and a patient requests a convertible implant for both a male and female option.

(edited)

I couldn't see any appreciable changes in the nose job woman except for a less fleshy tip.  I'm glad that Dr. DuBrow doesn't do nose jobs unless the client wants rhinoplasty with a side order of irony. 

Edited by pandora spocks

I couldn't see any appreciable changes in the nose job woman except for a less fleshy tip.  I'm glad that Dr. DuBrow doesn't do nose jobs unless the client wants rhinoplasty with a side order of irony. 

Me ether! But I guess it was improved somewhat, the doc's  told her not to expect grade A  perfection.

Just watched the first look and the Dolly Parton impersonator is absolutely adorable and charming. What a lovely lady and it looks like she has an amazing marriage.

Usually find a voice like that annoying but she's so cute and has such a great personality, her tummy looked real nice after ward too. 

• Love 1

The dance teacher's nose was better...And it was certainly worth it for HER to go through surgery to get that result.

We may not see "that much" of a difference -- but she's looked at her bulbous nose every day...so to her the difference may be monumental.

• Love 7
(edited)

When the Dolly impersonator first started telling her story, saying that she met her husband in high school and got married right at 18, I thought "oh no, this is a man done me wrong story!"  I was SO glad to be SO wrong.  They were the cutest couple, so fun and loving.  They stayed together through literal thick and thin!  And she looked awesome afterward.

I think the dancer's nose did look better and, while not super small, I think (if I'm understanding the surgical explanations) that by adding the cartilage to the tip, her nose will stop drooping and spreading.

But my god, I wish Terry would dial down his fat jokes about Paul.  First, Paul isn't terribly fat, but even if he were 400 pounds, snarking on someone's appearance when you are a DOCTOR on a show about f'd up plastic surgery is just in terrible taste and not funny.  I'd never go to Terry for a splinter removal, let alone plastic surgery.  Actually, the plastic surgeon I'd go to is whomever did Paul's nose.  It looks good, given how many times he broke it.

Edited by Lizzing
  • Love 5

I missed the ep proper but tuned in to discover "E!" had tacked-on an ep of Good Work and listed it as the same show. I cannot figure out the deal with Good Work. I was sure it was sppsd to be a positive show but they (RuPaul, Terry DuBrow, and a woman) were getting real catty about Tom Cruise's facework and a young starlette who said some unkind things about plastic surgery. Gracious!

• Love 1

I thought the Dolly impersonator was adorable, but her hubby was very sexy to me. Not only in his appearance, but, most of all, his attitude towards his wife. They are an awesome couple.

Terry is quickly going into ASS territory for me. He really needs to look at himself honestly in a mirror before he spouts off about others looks.

• Love 7

When the Dolly impersonator first started telling her story, saying that she met her husband in high school and got married right at 18, I thought "oh no, this is a man done me wrong story!"  I was SO glad to be SO wrong.  They were the cutest couple, so fun and loving.  They stayed together through literal thick and thin!  And she looked awesome afterward.

I think the dancer's nose did look better and, while not super small, I think (if I'm understanding the surgical explanations) that by adding the cartilage to the tip, her nose will stop drooping and spreading.

But my god, I wish Terry would dial down his fat jokes about Paul.  First, Paul isn't terribly fat, but even if he were 400 pounds, snarking on someone's appearance when you are a DOCTOR on a show about f'd up plastic surgery is just in terrible taste and not funny.  I'd never go to Terry for a splinter removal, let alone plastic surgery.  Actually, the plastic surgeon I'd go to is whomever did Paul's nose.  It looks good, given how many times he broke it.

ITA, Paul does not look fat.

I thought the Dolly impersonator was adorable, but her hubby was very sexy to me. Not only in his appearance, but, most of all, his attitude towards his wife. They are an awesome couple.

Terry is quickly going into ASS territory for me. He really needs to look at himself honestly in a mirror before he spouts off about others looks.

I would love to see them on a reality show OTOH, it would probably ruin their life.

• Love 1

Paul can easily make fun of how Terry looks, but he doesn't. Paul is not fat and Terry has a big nose that Paul never makes fun of him for.

You could give me a million dollars and I still would never go to Terry. He is so unprofessional.

• Love 4

Terry talking about being a top or bottom in front of the potential patient gave me second-hand embarassment. Poor Paul kept trying to shut Terry up. The patient looked kind of uncomfortable, and I'm not even sure how that would have been possible. Xe seemed previously unembarrassable.

• Love 3

I like the dance teacher's new nose.  She still looks like herself.  It reminds me of a woman on The Swan who had a Roman nose, but got a smaller version of the bump instead of the Barbie nose.  Genius.  However, why did the include that bit about the doctor asking her if her parents had broken her nose?  Did they?  I feel like a network exec giving notes. I think she explained it further in her interview, but it was edited out because that wasn't the focus of her story.    

• Love 1
(edited)

I loved Daniella, and found xer conundrum of wanting a 'convertible' chest to be one of the most interesting I have seen on this show even though it was brief and didn't come to fruition. I know xe joked about making a patent on two-spirit plastic surgery but it's not the worst idea I've heard on the E! network today.

However, why did the include that bit about the doctor asking her if her parents had broken her nose?  Did they?  I feel like a network exec giving notes. I think she explained it further in her interview, but it was edited out because that wasn't the focus of her story.

I'm with you, I mean I guess it was the doctor making an allusion to abuse but a quick rephrasing was in order. "He asked me if my parents had hit me across the face" versus "He asked me if my nose was damaged by parental abuse" or some such.

Edited by ClarissaDarling
  • Love 1
(edited)

I loved this episode.

I thought I was going to be annoyed by Saggy Dolly, but she was a delight. She was beautiful inside and out , before and after. I'm glad the doc was able to fix her up so she could feel good. She looked fabulous, and I agree that her husband was quite a catch ! I laughed at the girdle burning.

Two-Spirits was an interesting case. I had a feeling they weren't going to do the pec implant, but Daniella seemed fine with what the doc said. I'm also agreeing about Terry and his dumb comments, not only about topping , but about Paul's weight. Terry needs to tone it down.

Dances with Noses teacher made me tear up! Rarely do I have much of an issue with the "before" nose, and they're rarely so bad where , if it were my nose, I'd have surgery. In this case, it made sense, and I don't blame her for wanting to get that hatchet job fixed. The nose is a focal point on the face, and I can imagine that for some, having to live with a really bad nose could be depressing and have a serious effect on the self-esteem. Her natural, pre-surgery nose was bumpy but wasn't terrible, but the after was awful. I truly felt bad for her.

After the second surgery, I didn't have high hopes and I wasn't impressed when they first unveiled her new nose. I paused the DVR and took a longer, better look, and that's when I saw what a great job he did-- it looked so much better! I thought it was a definite "B+". She had a nice tip, nice definition on the sides, and though it wasn't small, it fit her face and didn't look "nose jobby".

Edited b/c I caught a few typos

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 2

I wish they would stop with the people they know they won't operate on.     Most of them are either mentally off, or really nice people who got screwed, and that they can't fix.   It's annoying filler.

Terry and the ragging on Paul is getting old.    Paul's a nice looking guy who is just a tad stocky.     Terry needs a nose job far more than Paul needs to lose weight.

I saw a difference in nose lady,  and it will get smaller in time.    I think the amount of time before you see the full results of a rhinoplasty can usually be a full year. 

Finally, one episode where both patients weren't tatted up like the Sunday comics.   I was off work today, and decided to have a beer and lunch at a nice pub.   An uninvited and unwanted hipster proceeded to sit by me and go into great detail about his many ugly tattoos.    I convinced him that I was fluent in Japanese, and the characters on the back of his neck actually translated to "I have a stinky butt".    God, hipsters.

• Love 9

Daniella was on an episode of MTV's True Life a few years back. It focused on her detransitioning from a woman back to a man, when she had her implants removed.

• Love 1

I like the dance teacher's new nose.  She still looks like herself.  It reminds me of a woman on The Swan who had a Roman nose, but got a smaller version of the bump instead of the Barbie nose.      

I didn't see a huge difference in her new nose, but I do know it takes at least a full year for you to see the nose you'll end up with. I was born with a Roman nose, too. (additional comments below)

Dances with Noses teacher made me tear up! Rarely do I have much of an issue with the "before" nose, and they're rarely so bad where , if it were my nose, I'd have surgery. In this case, it made sense, and I don't blame her for wanting to get that hatchet job fixed. The nose is a focal point on the face, and I can imagine that for some, having to live with a really bad nose could be depressing and have a serious effect on the self-esteem. Her natural, pre-surgery nose was bumpy but wasn't terrible, but the after was awful. I truly felt bad for her.

After the second surgery, I didn't have high hopes and I wasn't impressed when they first unveiled her new nose. I paused the DVR and took a longer, better look, and that's when I saw what a great job he did-- it looked so much better! I thought it was a definite "B+". She had a nice tip, nice definition on the sides, and though it wasn't small, it fit her face and didn't look "nose jobby".

I ended up getting a rhinoplasty by an ENT during a second septoplasty. Dumb decision on my part but I thought anything that would make my nose smaller would be an improvement. Back story: as I grew up, my classmates were relentless with jokes about my big nose. I was called Barbara Banananose (for Streisand) and Barry Banananose (for Manilow). I was also constantly told by kids, and adults alike, that I looked like Streisand and Manilow. Talk about wearing down someone's self-esteem and self-confidence during my formative, growing up years, that'll do it. My rhinoplasty improved my profile by about 50%, but I ended up with a sideways dent that is obvious. I'm not going to have anything more done to it. It is quite interesting that one of my sons has a Roman nose, which fits him and his face very well. In fact, he's always been/being told how good-looking he is. Guess the big difference is which sex the Roman nose is attached.

I didn't see a huge difference in her new nose, but I do know it takes at least a full year for you to see the nose you'll end up with. I was born with a Roman nose, too. (additional comments below)

I ended up getting a rhinoplasty by an ENT during a second septoplasty. Dumb decision on my part but I thought anything that would make my nose smaller would be an improvement. Back story: as I grew up, my classmates were relentless with jokes about my big nose. I was called Barbara Banananose (for Streisand) and Barry Banananose (for Manilow). I was also constantly told by kids, and adults alike, that I looked like Streisand and Manilow. Talk about wearing down someone's self-esteem and self-confidence during my formative, growing up years, that'll do it. My rhinoplasty improved my profile by about 50%, but I ended up with a sideways dent that is obvious. I'm not going to have anything more done to it. It is quite interesting that one of my sons has a Roman nose, which fits him and his face very well. In fact, he's always been/being told how good-looking he is. Guess the big difference is which sex the Roman nose is attached.

That is incredibly cruel!   :(   It makes me sad and mad to see/hear people being bullied! My cousin suffered through terrible bullying over her ears, so I've seen how it can hurt.  I am so sorry you had that experience.

There does seem to be more of an "acceptance"  of quirks (if you will) on men's faces-- they are called "ruggedly handsome", or have a "Roman profile", etc.

Thanks, Scorpiosunshine. My mother can't understand why I never have, and never will, attend one of my high school reunions...but that's another story. I'm sorry your cousin endured that same cruelty about her ears. I'm very thankful my son never heard the kinds of things I did growing up. Of course as Mom, I'd rather it be me, than him.

• Love 1
(edited)

I hate that Terry makes fun of Paul's looks.  I'd pick Paul over Terry any day.

I like Paul because he doesn't look like a Ken doll.  Where I used to work, I got on the elevator with a whole bunch of plastic surgeons and all of them looked SO perfect, like they'd all done each other's faces.  Yuk, it was like being on an elevator with real live Ken dolls.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

I adore Paul. He looks healthy, yet awesome at cuddling.

I agree! And to think he was married to that awful Adrienne Maloof. Compared to Terry Dubrow, he is very professional and seems to really care about his work. As far as I'm concerned, Dr. Dubrow really needs to have something done about his bulbous nose tip and thin upper lip!

• Love 1

Paul had a nose job. supposedly because his nose was broken accidentally while wrestling with his kids (Adrienne just laughed at the time). It made his nose too short for his face and left too much space above his upper lip. He looks a little bit simian now, and his prominent ears are more noticeable. I hope he likes the new nose, but I think his face looks a lot worse. Of course, I think Dr. Dubrow has an ugly face and personality, but I kind of admire him for keeping his natural yet unattractive features. His wife is a horror show, but I don't think he does her work.

• Love 1

Of course, I think Dr. Dubrow has an ugly face and personality, but I kind of admire him for keeping his natural yet unattractive features. His wife is a horror show, but I don't think he does her work.

He comes across a lot better on Good Work.  

Facially he looks very much like his late brother, Kevin.  I wonder if that might factor into him honoring his original looks, maybe for his mother if not himself.

During the first two to three days after Rhinoplasty surgery, the face will feel puffy, the nose may ache, and you may experience a dull headache. You should plan on resting with your head elevated for the first couple of days. There will be swelling and bruising around the eyes, reaching a peak after four days. Some patients also get very swollen lips and cheeks including difficulty smiling. All these symptoms will subside within 3 weeks of the nose procedure.