Type keyword(s) to search

Zoo In The Media

Zoo hit a series low in the 18-49 ratings -- dropping from 1.2 to 0.9, and it also lost around 800,000 total viewers week over week.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/08/19/tv-ratings-tuesday-americas-got-talent-z00-hollywood-game-night-down-extreme-weight-loss-are-you-smarter-than-a-5th-grader-flat/450048/

When the station decides to preempt 10 minutes in for a half hour tornado watch in Chicago and everybody tunes out, does that effect the ratings?

Wait, people tuned out of a weather broadcast because it's worse entertainment than this show? Unpossible!

I felt sorry for the weather guy. He had to keep repeating the same stuff over and over with very little change for at least half an hour until the tornado watch was over. I waited for 10 minutes, thinking I wouldn't miss much, but half an hour is enough time for the show's band, Chekhov's Golden Lab, to have come up with another new hit after their first top-of-the-charts single, "Arctic Lesbians," and I didn't want to risk hearing the new song's coda before the main verses.

Hmm. I thought CBS would have announced whether this was renewed or not by now. Maybe they're waiting to see other summer 2016 pilots.

Seems weird since they already announced UTD awhile ago, I guess maybe they are waiting for the pilots.

Press release for the Season 2 Premiere:

ZOO, last summer's #1 scripted series, returns for its second season with a special two-hour premiere, Tuesday, June 28 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) before moving to its regular Tuesday (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) time period July 5.

In season two, the danger escalates as the animal mutation moves to phase two, and they begin attacking infrastructure and creating deadly environmental phenomena in an effort to make the planet uninhabitable. Also, the team discovers a shocking mutation that threatens the life of one of their own.

In season two, the danger escalates as the animal mutation moves to phase two, and they begin attacking infrastructure and creating deadly environmental phenomena in an effort to make the planet uninhabitable.

OMG! Phase two means animals start to behave like humans! I can't wait for the cunning plan the killer zebras will hatch in order to create a deadly environmental phenomena (I thought Argentinian cows had already taken care of that with their poops?)!

• Love 3

I'm sure the show will completely ignore that season-ending animal charge... it will just pick up and pretend that nothing happened.

I'm hoping for some cast changes... as in, is it too much to hope that they got rid of Flinty Voiced Reporter Lady?

• Love 2

She's a series regular - no such luck. But according to tv line Joanne Kelly (Warehouse 13) will get a recurring part as Deputy Secretary of Defense - apparently she has some history with Mitch. That could be fun.

I wouldn't put too much hope into any sort of continuity. But wasn't Oz suffering from some mysterious affliction during last season's finale? I do hope that shocking mutation threatening his life won't mess with the pretty!

• Love 1

I'm so pumped for Zoo to start back! It's the only silly/snarky show I watch so I'm really looking forward to it and this forum and recaps are easily the funniest. I hope they have embraced the sheer lunacy of the concept and have Sharknadoed/Snakes on a Planed the hell out of it, they really have to go with the campy fun and stop pretending it's a serious show.

I had people over for dinner recently and showed them cat tree, the gun pulled on the elderly pug, the scary ginger cat chasing Oz and the end scene of the finale and OMG they loved it! It was a bonafide party hit. TMI but my sister actually wet herself during the pug scene lol. She has 2 pugs and knows how incredibly dangerous they are haha. That scene was one of the best pieces of TV I've ever viewed.

• Love 2

LOL! That was great ! Especially the comeback after the initial retreat - you could basically see the bubble over its head "Nope, I'm not going to take it!!! You f*** off human!!!" I knew raccoons had a bad reputation but that pretty much explains why.

• Love 1

Oh, dear God! Part of me is annoyed that great shows like Limitless get axed and this train-wreck gets renewed. But it's a summer show, nothing else is on and so it keeps on denying us killer zebras or any rhyme or reason! Carry on Zoo, be delightfully insane!

(edited)

raven, you are correct. I am absolutely certain.

(Not that I've watched the promo countless times, or anything like that.) 

Spoiler

And...it's confirmed.

Edited by Pamela
  • Love 1

Based on the promo, it looks like this season has firmly transitioned into "mutant monsters escaped Jurassic Park" territory.  If so, I might be interested.  I really couldn't have cared less about "T3H CONSPIRACY!!!!!!" of the past two seasons.

But a lot depends on whether Private Vasquez (Daniella, whatever her name is... Abraham's tough talking baby mama soldier) is coming back.  That actress is truly awful.  I think that was her with Abe towards the end but I'm not 100% sure.

Also, is that Logan in the previews?  The guy behind the bars and then at the end, the soldier with the gun?  I thought he fell out of an airplane with no parachute.

1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I thought he fell out of an airplane with no parachute.

He fell out cuz Jamie pushed him out!  He came back before the end of last season but I really don't remember how.

I assume we'll see Dariela because she & Abe have a kid. 

Since it's out there in the media and not a spoiler anymore - Mitch will be back in the premiere!  The show was smart to make sure he didn't die.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, raven said:

He fell out cuz Jamie pushed him out!  He came back before the end of last season but I really don't remember how.

Logan showed up at the beginning of the finale, alive and well. Jamie had shot him with a tranquilizer dart and pushed him out of the plane, but his parachute opened automatically, so he survived.

1 hour ago, Netfoot said:

Didn't the last season end with a 15-year jump forward in the timeline?  Does that mean that S3 takes place after a 15-year hiatus?

It was a 10-year time jump, so season 3 is set in 2027.

• Love 1
On 6/1/2017 at 9:38 PM, raven said:

S3 teaser - still looks insane :)

CAN NOT WAIT!!! I'm interested to see what 21 year old Clem is gonna be like is she gonna try to bring the snark like Daddy Mitch. And I feel so bad for Mitch that he missed 10 more years of his little girls life 

On 6/20/2017 at 7:50 PM, raven said:

Another teaser!

Jackson has a new GF it seems and it looks like Abe's Boy will be in danger. And that monster at the end of the teaser Bring on the craziness!

• Love 1

Billy Burke in Zoo gives Performance of the Week

To briefly recap just the past few weeks: presumed dead after being mauled by “razorback” animal hybrids, Mitch actually spend the decade-long time jump “hibernating in a healing tank,” he deadpanned to Jackson. From there, he was “rescued by fake daughter. Shot real daughter. Found an evil Shepherd device inside my skull,” which was remedied via “brain surgery with a farm animal” (and using a power drill). The actor’s delivery of the exposition dump had us howling.

• Love 1

Aw, I don't want it to stay dead.  This last season wasn't the best (and Abigail was awful) but it was still fun to watch and I like the main group.  I liked that the show just embraced the ridiculous and everyone looked like they were having fun.

Boo.

• Love 2