Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E24: Reunion, Part 2

• Start Topic

Can't see "let's have a threesome" any other way.  My best friend better not come at me or my husband that way.

I totally get that... with normal people in real life..... But on this show, where the woman often make suggestive comments about each other's body parts, attend parties featuring a stripper named RiDICKulous, opening discuss use of sexual toys and aids, and simulate sex acts with each other (Margot and Kandi comes to mind), "Let's have a 3-some is par for the course, and shouldn't be taken seriously. 

• Love 9

If Porsha tosses that had back and shakes her wig one more time, I think she'll wind up with whiplash. And her eyes will stick in that rolled up position.

Nene as usual an entitled person. Finally did like her hair on WWHL. But even there, she disses even the fans if she doesn't like the question. Her attitude about the charity was ridiculous for reasons already mentioned. Bye, girl.

Cynthia definitely has changed for the worse. She may have always had this side, but now the nasty looks on her face are reminiscent of b-faced NeNe. If you can't have one as a friend, be one?

(edited)

Nene looks good on WWHL.

I appreciated that Cynthia held her own in the sparring match between her and Phaedra. She presented the Mr. Chocolate conversation all wrong, but it appears her skills have improved.

I am on Kandi's side regarding Phaedra. Phaedra is full of shit.

So true, Cynthia went after Phaedra with a vengeance on those "Chocolate" allegations.

And though it's hard to believe, NeNe definitely flirted with Peter. Several times. It may have been all in fun, but before she decided he was acting like a woman, she was all up in his grille.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 1

If you listen to Kenya answer the question, she deftly says she gave a check to Detroit Public Schools - not that she personally donated her $$. And the check is a Cashier's check -- which, why? If it truly came from Kenya, it would be a personal check. The way she answers and the cashier's check lead me to believe that is someone else's money that Kenya presented to Detroit. And I think Nene knows this and that Kenya is bullshit.

• Love 2

I always do a cashier's cheque for anything over $2K. It's better than cash and the person receiving doesn't have to wait for it to clear.

I don't think a cashier's cheque is proof that the money didn't come from Kenya's bank account.

• Love 7

If you listen to Kenya answer the question, she deftly says she gave a check to Detroit Public Schools - not that she personally donated her $$. And the check is a Cashier's check -- which, why? If it truly came from Kenya, it would be a personal check. The way she answers and the cashier's check lead me to believe that is someone else's money that Kenya presented to Detroit. And I think Nene knows this and that Kenya is bullshit.

I don't think it matters whether Kenya produced a $20,000 cashier's check vs. a personal check to the Detroit Public School System.  Kenya kept up her end of the bargain.  Nene, on the other hand, did not.  And most likely will not.  I think Kenya and the rest of the viewing public know Nene is bullshit.

• Love 12

I always do a cashier's cheque for anything over $2K. It's better than cash and the person receiving doesn't have to wait for it to clear.

I don't think a cashier's cheque is proof that the money didn't come from Kenya's bank account.

I worked in a bank for several years and I agree with your post wholeheartedly.  If a bank customer came to me asking me for advice RE: personal check vs. cashier's check for a large sum of money I would never steer them toward a personal check for all of the reasons you've stated.

• Love 3

I hate Nene.  She was on WWHL going on and on about how only married women should be on the show.  I guess when she was divorced, they should have fired her? 

It was not the fact that the women are just single, it is the fact that they do not show their private lives, like dating. When Nene was single, we did see her fake date the guy who kept giving her gifts but we saw her really dating Gregg. We have never seen Kenya on a date, Walter as a renta date does not count IMO, Claudia - no dates and Porsha even lost her peach, according to Andy, because she would not share her private life. (I am confused why only Porsha was downgraded  because neither Kenya or Claudia showed their private lives either)  And the show, as a whole, has changed and not for the better IMO.

• Love 6

I worked in a bank for several years and I agree with your post wholeheartedly.  If a bank customer came to me asking me for advice RE: personal check vs. cashier's check for a large sum of money I would never steer them toward a personal check for all of the reasons you've stated.

That is true but.........that customer would either have to first write the bank a personal check or have the money withdrawn from a savings account in order to get the cashiers check! LOL  Kenya could easily put an end to this debate about the money coming directly from her personal account by showing either of these but instead she refuses to do so and that alone makes me think the money was not "her" money and came from someone else with the sole purpose to embarrass Nene. LOL 

• Love 1

That is true but.........that customer would either have to first write the bank a personal check or have the money withdrawn from a savings account in order to get the cashiers check! LOL Kenya could easily put an end to this debate about the money coming directly from her personal account by showing either of these but instead she refuses to do so and that alone makes me think the money was not "her" money and came from someone else with the sole purpose to embarrass Nene. LOL

I'm so lost with all the Kenya bashing behind her actually giving a check to the charity. Nene was the one who started all this because she thought Kenya wouldn't couldn't pay. Why does it matter if the money actually came out her personal account or if someone donated the 20K to her to donate. She DONATED and rich bitch Nene hasn't!!!!!

• Love 23

That is true but.........that customer would either have to first write the bank a personal check or have the money withdrawn from a savings account in order to get the cashiers check! LOL  Kenya could easily put an end to this debate about the money coming directly from her personal account by showing either of these but instead she refuses to do so and that alone makes me think the money was not "her" money and came from someone else with the sole purpose to embarrass Nene. LOL 

What could she do to show it came from her personal account?  Receipts from a financial institution can be copied.  A cashier's check is sufficient.

Additionally, even if she could show the money came from her personal account, we would not know that she put it in her account.  I deposit money into my mother's account all of the time.

• Love 9
(edited)

I think we can all agree that there are many types of checks.  Personal checks, cashier's checks, Trump checks...  Bottom line is, Nene presented zero of these.  Kenya came up with 20 grand and passed it on to DPS.  I don't get all of the hair splitting. 

No matter how Kenya came up with the money - if she donated her own money, had the money given to her by someone else, or a combination of the two, when all was said and done, when all of the dust settled, Kenya was the only one who presented the Detroit Public School system with $20,000.  That's it.  That's the bottom line.  Neigh-Neigh did nothing.  Neigh-Neigh just did more of the same - opening her big mouth braying loudly and deflecting.  Bray loudly and deflect.  Bray loudly and deflect.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 21

I'm so lost with all the Kenya bashing behind her actually giving a check to the charity. Nene was the one who started all this because she thought Kenya wouldn't couldn't pay. Why does it matter if the money actually came out her personal account or if someone donated the 20K to her to donate. She DONATED and rich bitch Nene hasn't!!!!!

LOL All I said was that she could prove it but has chosen not to do so.  BUT..... The bet was that the money comes from their personal money, not someone else's. If Kenya has not fulfilled her end then why should Nene? If Kenya lied about the money why should she get all this praise for giving money that was not hers to begin with, shouldn't the real person making that donation get the accolades?  LOL

LOL All I said was that she could prove it but has chosen not to do so. BUT..... The bet was that the money comes from their personal money, not someone else's. If Kenya has not fulfilled her end then why should Nene? If Kenya lied about the money why should she get all this praise for giving money that was not hers to begin with, shouldn't the real person making that donation get the accolades? LOL

LOL LOL LOL....She proved it by presenting the check a check Nene has yet to present LOL LOL LOL.... there is no absolute way to know where Nene's money would come from either, but I bet the Detroit school system would appreciate it just the same.

• Love 7
(edited)
Kenya could easily put an end to this debate about the money coming directly from her personal account by showing either of these but instead she refuses to do so and that alone makes me think the money was not "her" money and came from someone else with the sole purpose to embarrass Nene. LOL

I don't understand why the onus is still on Kenya regarding her check. Whatever money she gave, Detroit Public Schools got $20k. Personally, I believe she probably used the money she made from her appearance on Celebrity Apprentice, separate from the money she made from winning the task. In any case, however she earned the money is irrelevant, Detroit Public Schools received a check that cleared. Demanding Kenya prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she wrote a check from her personal funds is ridiculous, especially when we know a check from Nene doesn't exist at all.

I see howivesforeverLakewood27, ToukieSmith and beesknees covered this ground. I'm in total agreement.

Edited by EmZeeGee
  • Love 7

I think it's been covered to death.....however, let me put this to rest.

The money Kenya won for her charity on Celebrity Apprentice was NOT the same money she sent with a personal cashier's check. The Trump Organization writes THOSE checks and they are presented to the charity. They used to show these presentations, then they stopped filming them due to one organization that received the funds not wanting it aired.

So..... Kenya's cashier's check money WAS NOT part of the $25,000 she won from Trump. Two separate donations.

Everyone happy now? :)

• Love 5

Yes, and not only that. Phaedra was still trying to shade Kandi about not texting when she and kandi had already discussed that she was using the wrong number.

Apollo is tucked away from the public, but he still keeps giving. I would love to have been one of the stops on his text message tour before his going asunder, lol.

The Apolloisms are rubbing off on Phaedra. Tonight she said she was having a tenseful situation! I couldn't believe it!

• Love 5

Yes, It does matter if the money came from Kenya or not as that is the bet! Am I missing something? I heard Nene challenge Kenya, Kenya accept that challenge and although a check was sent, there is no evidence to show that Kenya fulfilled it herself. If the money came from someone else, other than Kenya, then she didn't do anything, someone else did! If Nene had challenged Kenya to a foot race and Kenya then had Claudia run the race for her, Claudia won, not Kenya....same difference concerning the donation. I will agree, Nene should just give the money, show it came from her personal account just to make Kenya either show proof or admit someone else made the donation for her. LOL

I think this has been beaten to death, but the bet was Kenya donate 20K and Nene would period. Kenya donated Nene hasn't. If it had been any of the others it wouldn't be debated. If Nene was the real rich bitch she claims to be she would have donated the money way before Kenya on principal alone. Nene is full of it....LOL
  • Love 2
(edited)

Kenya is not likeable to most people and I understand why.  I never thought she wanted anything from Apollo and I still don't.  She is a flirty person IMO.  She has flirted with both men and women.

AgingGoth, I will rewatch, but I think Kenya was trying to make the point that what she does is seen one way, but someone else can do the same thing and they are given the benefit of the doubt.

That was it.

I also think there's some convenient and dodgy revisionist history going on here. The "he's FIONE" at the racetrack, pool pushing/jumping, 3 way offer and flirting all happened pretty early on. Yet neither Phaedra nor Apollo were bothered enough by this "whorish" behavior (and - I just have to ask at this point, WHAT, pray tell kind of behavior is it when you're stocking strippers of all ilk, and promoting and enjoying your personal favorite The Human Dick when you're a married woman? One might call that slutty and/or whorish too. Anyway.) to stop all communication with her. Instead, they attempted to enter into a business deal! If I were so pressed that some chick was flirting with my husband, to the point of WHORISHNESS, I sure as hell wouldn't get into business with her, where they were going to be up under each other all the time.

And yet, that didn't bother Phaedra. Not until the deal went south. The stop texting my husband was never about some relationship, it was because they were attempting to do business behind Phaedra's back. Like at Kandi's party for Todd.

The irony is, the part where she arguably had a point has been negated by her not caring at the time. The part that she runs with, she doesn't have a leg to stand on - not a single text shows an indecent conversation OR offer of fellatio - she says she's seen it; why wasn't it produced, like Apollo's recent alleged forged texts? Apollo is lying about lying? And yet it was so easily disproved that he was neither in the same hotel nor the same city as Kenya when she allegedly came on to him! Come on, now!! If this is evidence of Phaedra's legal skills, it's no wonder she can't "win a case." Except she knows better, and so do I. 

Was Kenya out of pocket early on? Hell yeah. (She and I would have had PROBLEMS.) Is that why Phaedra's mad today? Hell no. She knows her husband made all that up because he wanted it. So Kenya is paying for it.

The Apolloisms are rubbing off on Phaedra. Tonight she said she was having a tenseful situation! I couldn't believe it!

Oh, I could. I commented in the first reunion thread that Phaedra was a mangler. and none of those five alleged degrees were in language skills. Barbarian creme, anyone?

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 16
(edited)

And if this was indeed true (which I do not believe it to be), Ne-Ne would have used that against Kenya - in a shot. 

And even if Kenya supposedly got a donation, so what?  It is still towards a good cause.  It's better than Ne-Ne who did nothing.

BTW, for a large sum like that, it is not uncommon at all to issue a cashier's check. 

Edited by escape
  • Love 2

Kenya Tweeted the snapshot of her DPSF check in order to "embarrass" NeNe? Here I thought NeNe initiated the entire pact with Kenya in order to suggest that Kenya wasn't "rich" enough to come up with the funds . . . The trigger-happiness these ladies have vis-a-vis misogynistic epithets and slut-shaming is really circular. On the one hand, Kenya is somehow suspect because she doesn't have a "huzzbin" (and any husband will do, be he a convict, abusive, evidently a potential killer per Phaedra's mother). But, then, Kenya is somehow doubly horrible . . . for expressing interest in the same "huzzbin" about whom Phaedra crowed ad nauseum. Kenya isn't perfect and has acted inappropriately in a variety of capacities while on the show but the knots into which the ladies contort themselves to villify her is confounding. If a joke intended to shock among friends (the "threesome" question) is reflective of a woman's sexual promiscuity, then what is the commission by a married woman of a male stripper whose signature trick is self-fellatio?

• Love 6
(edited)

I can't believe anyone at Bravo thinks this show is entertaining. This is by far the worst reunion after the worst season. Here's a clue, Show, watching people who actively hate one another and are basically miserable isn't fun. It's a downer. 

Nene's pissed at this show in terms of the cast. Kenya and Claudia are just there to be nasty and try to antagonize people and create "teams". Cynthia is desperate to keep the job and trying to be mean girl to do it. Kandi and Phaedra are in turmoil in their personal lives. Porsha is the only one remotely content and she's not even full time.

Cut the haters and let's get back to something even a little real and entertaining. This is making me miss Kim, Sheree, and even Lisa Woo Whatever. And I didn't like any of them.

I'm addicted to these shows but getting through this season was too much. I even sat through DC and Miami and this is worse!

Edited by Roxy
  • Love 8

I can't believe anyone at Bravo thinks this show is entertaining. This is by far the worst reunion after the worst season. Here's a clue, Show, watching people who actively hate one another and are basically miserable isn't fun. It's a downer. 

I agree. Let's hope someone at Bravo is reading this site :).

• Love 4

I keep hearing the term "mean girl" used against Cynthia, and I'm at a loss. What exactly has she done to earn that label? What classic Mean Girl behavior has she exhibited, that is so different than the everyday on these shows that it requires it be addressed with this terminology?

And if she's a Mean Girl, what on EARTH does that make Nene and Phaedra?

• Love 11

I think Kenya and the rest of the viewing public know Nene is bullshit.

And water is wet.....

Nene's pissed at this show in terms of the cast. Kenya and Claudia are just there to be nasty and try to antagonize people and create "teams". Cynthia is desperate to keep the job and trying to be mean girl to do it. Kandi and Phaedra are in turmoil in their personal lives. Porsha is the only one remotely content and she's not even full time.

This season was terrible.  Its almost like they banked on the Nida drama to the detriment of all the other storylines.  Nene checked out of this show when she started working on Glee and the New Normal.  Part of the problem is that she really does not want to be on the show and it is her show.

Claudia, Cynthia, and Kenya know what time it is.  Success in the entertainment industry is hard to come by.  They will do anything they can to stay on this show because there is absolutely no guarantee they will find something else as lucrative.

Porsha is along for the ride until her next marriage proposal.

I am curious to see the B roll.  Good grief, Demetria must have been absolutely horrible.

• Love 3

If a joke intended to shock among friends (the "threesome" question) is reflective of a woman's sexual promiscuity, then what is the commission by a married woman of a male stripper whose signature trick is self-fellatio?

These two incidents are not nearly the same. This was not a "joke among friends" This was after meeting this group for the first time,after remarking in a way that was at best "aside" that Apollo is fione, after pushing Apollo in the pool also after meetin a stranger and making the remarks they could make pretty babies.

The stripper is a client, just as murderers and rapist are clients of attorney. He was hired to strip, at a party, his job, that has nothing to do with being reflective of a married woman, etc.

Call me insecure, possessive or whatever, but I would have a problem with any women flirting" with my man and a real friend would not flirt with my man. There are ways to communicate with a man without flirting. The definition of the word flirt tells you it is behaving amorously. If its done in front of a significant other it is being disrespectful. If it is done and you know the significant sees and knows exactly what you are doing and she tells you to cool it with a look or by slapping the taste out of your mouth, you know it is to her ,not innocent. The average man is no match for a woman in that he knows he ain't shit, so its hard to believe a woman would want his stupid ass, and usually we doesn't, we do it for a variety of reasons, none of which is because we want that loser for our own. We as women know when a woman is being treacherous because most of us has been there ,done that.

• Love 8

Yet neither Phaedra nor Apollo were bothered enough by this "whorish" behavior (and - I just have to ask at this point, WHAT, pray tell kind of behavior is it when you're stocking strippers of all ilk, and promoting and enjoying your personal favorite The Human Dick when you're a married woman? One might call that slutty and/or whorish too. Anyway.)

So married women can't look at strippers? What verse in the bible is that? Married men can look at strippers tho...? I'm so confused by this whole attempt at slut shaming with a touch of misogyny and dated thinking. 

At the reunion her first year Kenya insinuated the texts between her and Apollo were insidious; which is the difference between her flirting with Apollo and Nene flirting with Peter. She thought she was gonna imply an affair and intimidate Phaedra but instead she alienated a lot of the audience.  The fucked up part of this whole thing is nobody was ever a big fan of Phaedra's until Kenya picked a fight. Maybe if she'd stuck to fucking with Porsha she would have just got her assed thoroughly whooped instead called out on her bad behavior.

I couldn't get through this since Cynthia and Kenya employ the Fox News model of debate in which they keep talking so you can't. This reunion was the worst, IMO since the show began. None of these women are friends and they're barely teams. 

Cynthia looks like she tried to get fillers in her face but went the Groupon route instead of asking where Nene gets hers done.

• Love 8

Cynthia looks like she tried to get fillers in her face but went the Groupon route

She made a remark to someone about high cheek bones. The high cheekbone ship has sailed. She looks like she was squinting, one cheek looks bigger and one had a shine in a odd place that made her look like she was nursing a swollen face..I've often thought Cynthia looks like she has been crying,her eyes look swollen, discolored and she tried covering it up with makeup.

• Love 5
(edited)

But getting all worked up about something so innocent isn't how normal people react. If someone accused me of flirting with a friend's husband, I'd laugh and call them my crazy friend. Or just crazy in a fun way. I'd never go off on them like a raving banshee.

Apollo admitted before he was locked up that he told Phaedra that Kenya offered him fellatio because when he was confessing his lies to Kenya he said, "I apologize for telling my wife you offered me fellatio."  Yes, he was lying, but at the time Phaedra didn't know that.  If my man told me that a coworker of mine offered him oral sex you best believe I'm going to act a damned fool and probably serve up a can of whoop ass to boot.  And Cynthia and Kenya saying that Phaedra should have fact checked it before believing Apollo was bullshit!  How do you fact check that?  Ask Kenya if she did it?  You know she would flat out deny it.  But Apollo telling that to Phaedra on top of the way Kenya was openly flirting with him did make her look like she was pursuing him sexually.  I still stand by Phaedra on this one.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 13
(edited)

I have to disagree about going ape shit on my husband telling me a co-worker offered fellatio and going batshit crazy. If you know your husband has a history of lying then you would definitely have to seek out the person he said "offered" it to him and ask questions like an adult, like did you offer it, did you know he was married etc. etc. cause for me I'm not a violent person, last thing I wanna do is fight. If you know your spouse/significant other tells the truth, okay, but it's still best to investigate the story yourself.

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 4

I have to disagree about going ape shit on my husband telling me a co-worker offered fellatio and going batshit crazy. If you know your husband has a history of lying then you would definitely have to seek out the person he said "offered" it to him and ask questions like an adult, like did you offer it, did you know he was married etc. etc. cause for me I'm not a violent person, last thing I wanna do is fight. If you know your spouse/significant other tells the truth, okay, but it's still best to investigate the story yourself.

What indication was there that Phaedra felt Apollo had a history of lying?  And why would she ask Kenya if she knew Apollo was married since she knew damned well he was Phaedra's husband?  I'm not understanding the logic here.  Phaedra addressed Kenya on several occasions about her behavior towards her husband and Kenya ignored her and seemed to get a kick out of making Phaedra upset over it.  When Kenya asked Phaedra the "threesome" question Phaedra told her to back off.  That should have put an end to Kenya's advances, but she still pursued it.  I still side with Phaedra.

• Love 8

Being a criminal for one is a dead giveaway that he's not on the up and up and can be lying which we found out he did. Phaedra did talk to Kenya and Kenya denied them but Phaedra didn't want to believe her and just continued the Kenya Moore-Whore campaign.  In your post you said you would go crazy and I said that me myself wouldn't go that route.

• Love 2
(edited)

At the reunion that year KENYA MOORE insinuated there was more to the texts than just a business deal so she brought the bullshit on herself. Phaedra might have side-eyed Apollo had Kenya not cosigned that something was going on. 

Maybe we need a Gif of Kenya, her fan and fluttering lashes slyly saying "maybe he should stop texting me then".  I'm sure one can find a reason to hate Phaedra if they want but if Kenya hadn't started it "Moore Whore" wouldn't have become a thing. I'm confused has she apologized for that insinuation WITHOUT first trying to act as though Phaedra is somehow equally culpable in the bullshit.

BTW you would think after being falsely accused Ms. Moore wouldn't have participated in trying to slut shame Phaedra with the Mr. Chocolate nonsense, but of course that's not the Kenya Moore way.  She's a hypocritical, unfunny asshat with corny ass friends.

Being a criminal for one is a dead giveaway that he's not on the up and up and can be lying which we found out he did. 

Tim Allen has a criminal record. Its not necessarily an indicator of anything. People make mistakes, pay their debt to society and improve their lives. That was probably Phaedra's expectation of Apollo unfortunately he let her down. 

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 10

Being a criminal for one is a dead giveaway that he's not on the up and up and can be lying which we found out he did.

Hindsight is 20/20.  If Apollo hadn't shown Phaedra up to that point that he was a liar, I don't see why she would disbelieve him when he told her that the woman who was blatantly flirting with him offered him oral sex.  And a thief isn't necessarily a liar.  I would think if Phaedra went into their relationship believing that Apollo was a lying liar who lies she wouldn't have married him.

• Love 4

Nene sucks.  She's over this show, but needs the money and the boost to other, more acceptable projects.  Greg is just there for the food.  Between being single and being married to Greg, I'd take being single.

Cynthia was never a doormat, but she was deferential. She didn't need to win every argument.  Now she needs to not lose -- which is slightly different.  And Porsha, Phaedra, and Nene are used to dumping on her, so having it all thrown off, back at their feet is what they're protesting.  She DID tell Kenya and Claudia about Mr. Chocolate and made it all that, which we don't know if it was all that, but I see that as a possible Producer-insists situation.  I like Cynthia.  I'm happy she outed Phaedra's poor track record in court.

Kenya is my favorite.  A lot of the drama is about crying over spilt milk and she is just pointing that out.  But she doesn't even get to make her point before the others have to jump in and argue about anything they can to deflect her reasoning.  They never let her speak.  

I think Phaedra intended to be someone else on this show. Her attitude about that guy with the huge penis was probably more the real Phae-Phae.  But then Apollo got all up in her business and she found herself having to defend ground she thought she'd already won.  That's what pissed her off.  She knows he's low down and dirty, but she didn't think he'd be willing to be that on HER TV show.  She though her purse strings would corral him and it didn't work, so she is just all kinds of irked.   She doesn't even speak good English, so I'm not having any trouble believing Cynthia's allegations.  She also miscalculated regarding Kandi and I thought she looked like she wanted to go back to how it was, but again, was so caught up in what the whole Apollo mess has branded her as, she couldn't crack an emotion.  Unless it's fake tears, Phaedra is not going to spring a leak: she's bound up in her own fables.

Porsha? Child, move on.  You're done and no amount of Bravo cutting to you for reaction shots will bring you back.

I like Claudia.  I thought she came in as an honest person and tried to rise above and it didn't work, but I look at that as a function of her playmates.  If the show gets worthy women, everyone will rise to the occasion, certainly Claudia will.

Kandi is a fool and the smartest person there.  She wouldn't have millions if she subsidizes wages of 30 people for no work.  Let's see Phaedra do that with her money.  I do think it was a big deal.  Phaedra is overly concerned about her own reputation and good name, but allows no room for her BFF to feel the same.  Kandi put herself out there -- and tied in her marriage by making Todd part of it -- and needed to prove her choices were smart to her mother most of all, but also to herself.  When that show failed, it had to be a low, low moment.  She doesn't need to ask "is anyone else having a worse time?" before she gets to feel it.  But Kandi is a fool because she forgot that Phaedra is on a TV show.  Unless she completely says out loud and proud in front of a camera "we're fine, I just said XX because YY" then there is more to the story.  I think Kandi's been around long enough she should have known how the show works.  She smelled the smoke, but didn't think there could be much of a fire as there was.

As for the charity check -- no one seems to have pointed out the obvious flaw in Nene's position.  She says "why would you go on social media and show it to the world?" … because everyone DOES THAT.  Charity functions and the donations are not secret and no one expects them to be.  It's more remarkable when someone gives a bunch of money and doesn't advertise it -- the charities themselves don't want it that way.  They know that money brings in money. Someone making a PR splash of "I gave $20K to the Detroit Schools" makes anyone who hears that think "Oh, is that a charity? I should do that!" … there's a lot of value in PR and hiding their light under a NO-Social Media bushel doesn't help any charity.  They want all the press they can get.  Which Nene would know, if she was a charitable person.  But I think she is not.  Kenya, meanwhile, came up through the pageant system which is a lot about charity.  She knows.  Nene will learn.

• Love 10

Call me insecure, possessive or whatever, but I would have a problem with any women flirting" with my man and a real friend would not flirt with my man. There are ways to communicate with a man without flirting. The definition of the word flirt tells you it is behaving amorously. If its done in front of a significant other it is being disrespectful. If it is done and you know the significant sees and knows exactly what you are doing and she tells you to cool it with a look or by slapping the taste out of your mouth, you know it is to her ,not innocent. The average man is no match for a woman in that he knows he ain't shit, so its hard to believe a woman would want his stupid ass, and usually we doesn't, we do it for a variety of reasons, none of which is because we want that loser for our own. We as women know when a woman is being treacherous because most of us has been there ,done that.

As I see it, the difference between the two situations was that Cynthia and Peter didn't mind NeNe sweet-talking but Phaedra did and repeatedly told her to stop it.

Why was Porsha doing that Cher move with her hair? So annoying.

• Love 3

Why was Porsha doing that Cher move with her hair? So annoying.

That was bugging the crap out of me! At one point it didn't want to move the way she was trying to flip it. It took on a life of it's own.

• Love 3
(edited)

I didn't watch the reunion, but I did see a clip online of Phaedra calling Cynthia out for Peter having 24 cases against him. My goodness. I bet that ride home was a tense one. All I can do is think back to Cynthia wearing a 'You Big Dummy' t-shirt on her wedding day and her mother/sister trying to hide the wedding certificate. I don't feel bad for her at all.

It was not the fact that the women are just single, it is the fact that they do not show their private lives, like dating. When Nene was single, we did see her fake date the guy who kept giving her gifts but we saw her really dating Gregg. We have never seen Kenya on a date, Walter as a renta date does not count IMO, Claudia - no dates and Porsha even lost her peach, according to Andy, because she would not share her private life. (I am confused why only Porsha was downgraded  because neither Kenya or Claudia showed their private lives either)  And the show, as a whole, has changed and not for the better IMO.

ITA. I never really cared for the HW series having single, childless women on the show. It did not and still does not make sense to me. Why are Claudia and Kenya on this show? Kandi was a single mom who was also engaged, Kim was a single mother in a relationship (affair, I know), Sheree was divorced with two kids, etc. I just feel like the show has gone so far left that I only watch a bit here and there when I am bored. I didn't bother watching the reunion because I knew it would be nasty and petty.

To me, Kenya was very inappropriate with Apollo. It's not cute to make suggestive comments about a threesome with your friend and her husband. If a friend said that to me, she would get checked really quickly and it would not be pretty.  I don't play like that. I don't care if that means I don't have a sense of humor. I don't even like hanging out one-on-one with my friend's spouses because of how messy things can get when an innocent conversation is misconstrued. Phaedra explicitly said she didn't like how Kenya was acting and instead of Kenya saying 'you know what, if you have a problem with it, I'll stop', she acted like she wasn't doing anything wrong. I'm not excusing Apollo when I say that - I think they were both wrong. But Kenya doesn't seem to get that she isn't a completely innocent party here.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 8

I like Cynthia.  I'm happy she outed Phaedra's poor track record in court.

Are Cynthia's claims about Phaedra's poor track record true or was that just the best come-back she could muster? I haven't heard anything either way about Phaedra except she specializes in Hollywood types and "adult entertainers". Actually, I just rememebered she didn't seem to do very well when she briefly represented Sheree in court, but that may have been b/c of the other side's legal shenanigans.

• Love 3

....she didn't seem to do very well when she briefly represented Sheree in court, but that may have been b/c of the other side's legal shenanigans.

And there was the time Phaedra was taking cash from some guy in the parking lot. Phaedra was very unprepared with Sheree's case. Could have been the lack of quick money from Sheree, but still.

• Love 1
She was on WWHL going on and on about how only married women should be on the show.  I guess when she was divorced, they should have fired her?

Thank you. Nene made a mockery of her marriage when she chose the almighty dollar over honoring her vows ("for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer"). The way she fancies herself and Gregg being the poster children for holy matrimony is fucking laughable.

And, I loved it when the idiot was ranting for the single ladies to be fired, she then added the "who aren't looking to date" part when it dawned on her that she was also advocating for her buddy Porsha (and possibly Phaedra) to lose her job. Oops.

Nene can spin it 'til the Ramen falls off her head, but refusing to cut a promised check to charity is a twunt move, period.
  • Love 6

And there was the time Phaedra was taking cash from some guy in the parking lot. Phaedra was very unprepared with Sheree's case. Could have been the lack of quick money from Sheree, but still.

She wasn't unprepared for Sheree's case, Sheree sabotaged her own case by doing something in court that Phaedra told her not to do.  That is why Phaedra gave Sheree back her money and told her to seek other counsel.  Sheree did and they also had a lawsuit against Sheree when she refused to pay them, as well.

• Love 4

She wasn't unprepared for Sheree's case, Sheree sabotaged her own case by doing something in court that Phaedra told her not to do.  That is why Phaedra gave Sheree back her money and told her to seek other counsel.  Sheree did and they also had a lawsuit against Sheree when she refused to pay them, as well.

Thank you. Also, when Phaedra said they could initiate proceedings to have Bob put in jail for failure to pay child support, Sheree said no. So what was Phaedra to do? She did lose that case, but any other lawyer in her position with that kind of client would have, too. Sheree has quite a few lawsuits against for non-payment by different lawyers so yeah, she was the problem. Not her counsel.

As far as Phaedra taking cash from a client in the parking lot is concerned...money is money. Clients have checks that bounce. Sheree's checks to her attorneys bounced.

• Love 7