Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

If I was a stage actress that worked in NYC I would be PISSED that someone like Sherri got this role.  I'm assuming the producers are going for stunt casting right?

Look at the bright side: at least she's working. Which is more than anyone can say about Superdad Sal.

• Love 4

I'm actually happy to read Sherri will be working on Broadway. Good for her.

As a female Viewer of the show, I don't care for Sherri's antics, some of the ditzy things she says or how she comes across sometimes but I do admire her perseverance after her firing from The View. So good on her, I wish her well, to break a leg and all that.

• Love 6

If I was a stage actress that worked in NYC I would be PISSED that someone like Sherri got this role.  I'm assuming the producers are going for stunt casting right?

I know exactly what you mean susieq147.... you spend your whole life paying dues and working hard just for a chance and some newly fired actress with limited skills, admits to not being able to sing...... we saw her dancing abilities or lack there of..... but this actress gets a gig just because she got fired from a daily talk show..... Yeah Id be pissed too if I didn't get that job... Broadway is much different than doing movies or TV shows with lots of takes, or sitting on a show ranting

• Love 3

It does seem that Broadway is doing some stunt casting.  Wendy Williams did a limited run on Broadway in Chicago (and she can't sing).  Broadway may be struggling and trying to widen their audience and bring in some of the television audience.  I'm happy for Sherri, but seriously doubt that she will have a real career on Broadway.

• Love 2

Sherri doing 8 shows a week will be interesting.  I was remembering how she was out of breath the other week.  I wonder if she even realizes the discipline this job will take.

Whoopi seems not to think so.  How many times could she say to Sherri "eight a week" ??

Did anyone catch the diss from Whoopi to Jenny?  Jenny told her story of falling over onstage or something (I wasn't paying close attention) and then Whoopi was making the transition to talking about video games and she (Whoopi) said "well this isn't as deep as falling off your high heels, but close…." taking a swipe at Jenny's story of falling over.  Meoooow.

• Love 4

Broadway may be struggling and trying to widen their audience and bring in some of the television audience.

I think Cinderella is doing pretty good overall so it's more of "keeping it in the family." I'm interested to find out how big the role is. 

Did anyone catch the diss from Whoopi to Jenny?

After Thursday, I think BOTH will be relieved they don't need to remain in contact on a daily basis. 

• Love 1

Sherri told the story about just falling over "off her 6" heels" for absolutely no reason.

Jenny told a story about when she was with Jim Carrey & they were exiting a building & she missed her step because of the flashes & went ass over tea-kettle.  She called her friend Chelsea who told he to say it was a stunt, which she did, & there was no back-lash.

I didn't catch Whoopi's remark.

Sherri is taking over the role for Fran Drescher. This is a role, apparently, that doesn't require a lot of singing. And a role, apparently, that they have been stunt casting.

• Love 4

I have an English friend who always says she is "gob smacked" when something upsets her, well friends call me gob smacked X100

The reasons that Hasselbitch & Sherri both irritated me so much was WHY WERE THEY on the show when there were so many talented people not working or working at jobs they were too talented & professional to be doing

So here we have Ms Trash talk/action, no talent, no professionalism getting a job on Broadway............give me a bleeping break........

Edited by dumbdownus
  • Love 4

The reasons that Hasselbitch & Sherri both irritated me so much was WHY WHERE THEY on the show when there were so many talented people not working or working at jobs they were too talented & professional to be doing

So here we have Ms Trash talk/action, no talent, no professionalism getting a job on Broadway............give me a bleeping break........

And this is why so many people who actually go to school to learn something like broadcasting or theater have a hard time finding a job.  Because producers hire people who they think will cause sparks or get a lot of media coverage or whatever. I understand show business is a business but IMO the quality of a lot of the creative side of the business has suffered.  Nowadays you don't have to earn your dues before you catch your big break. You just need to have a huge Twitter following, TMZ reporting on you at least once a week and an overwhelming desire to post selfies every day.  Or in Elisabeth's case a older male producer who has a thing for blond Republican barbies.

• Love 2

Me bad, big time bad, I'm always saying Sherri looks older than 47, the previous 3 step mothers in Cinderella on Broadway are 10 + years older than Sherri:

Harriet Sansom Harris born January 8, 1955

Nancy Opel born c. 1957

"Fran" Drescher born September 30, 1957

Meow :) :)

Edited by dumbdownus

I was not happy when Sherri announced her Broadway role. Yes, it's probably a short term, vanity stunt to garner interest. She's just not worthy.  When Sherri brought out the shoes, I thought she was going to be hawking a shoe line.  I also think Whoops pulled some strings for Sherri, as a friend.

• Love 1

So, the baby was born last Tuesday & the nurturing father was at a college re-union on the week-end.  That sounds about right!

I thought that article meant today.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

I wonder who leaked the location of the surrogate to TMZ?

Sal revealed the surrogate's location a long time ago in court docs. Sal is the only one revealing info about the surrogate and the baby; but claims he wants privacy and protection for the child. No one would have ever known where the surrogate lived or when she was due to give birth if Sal hadn't kept the public abreast of everything.

• Love 2

@Medicine Crow, it's misleading and can be confusing, but I've seen TMZ and several other sites do that many times. They should be more specific and accurate and say either "today" or "last Tuesday".

I wonder if Entertainment Tonight or any of those shows will pick it up tonight.

• Love 1

Sal revealed the surrogate's location a long time ago in court docs. Sal is the only one revealing info about the surrogate and the baby; but claims he wants privacy and protection for the child. No one would have ever known where the surrogate lived or when she was due to give birth if Sal hadn't kept the public abreast of everything.

I hadn't read the court documents but figured it was him and his team doing any leaking since Sherri has been mum on the surrogate subject for the most part.

I wonder if Entertainment Tonight or any of those shows will pick it up tonight.

Unlikely.  Most of these entertainment shows need to be done taping by 11 AM Pacific time in order to edit and send out to satellite.  Will probably be the lead story tomorrow along with what Sherri may say on the show if she can/allowed to. 

• Love 1

I can (and have) snark on SS with the best of them but who can honestly fault the woman for snatching at every job she can get?

Look. She has got to replace that View money. She has a special needs child to take care of, one ex she's supporting and another one that is putting her through a legal and financial blender. She HAS to hustle,full out.

Shephard is a woman of color in the entertainment industry. ..the most cutthroat, dog eat dog business there is. She's pushing 50 and not a size 3.

She certainly can't be concerned with hypothetical Broadway actors she's displacing.

• Love 10

"It's so funny"  just as she decides (allegedly) to abandon the surrogate baby she wanted and planned for years...she gets a part as the evil stepmother. Ha!

ETA: Totally predictable:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  44m
How low can U go!! As low as @derekhough wants me to go!!! I want to go back to #DWTS!!!… #lambadalove #150lbbackbend
Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 4

"It's so funny"  just as she decides (allegedly) to abandon the surrogate baby she wanted and planned for years...she gets a part as the evil stepmother. Ha!

That is priceless, all about timing :) :)

• Love 1

Look. She has got to replace that View money. She has a special needs child to take care of, one ex she's supporting and another one that is putting her through a legal and financial blender. She HAS to hustle,full out.

And she certainly is hustling.  She has really been campaigning to be on the all star edition of DWTS.  She keeps close ties with Max and Val.  She probably asked to have Derek on the View to promote his book.  She tweeted that Donnie Wahlberg had called her and she practically begged to be on his show.  I think Jennie likes Sherri and Donnie would probably ask for her to be in an episode.  I want her off The View, but I don't want to see her fail.  She has had enough problems with worthless men.  I just wish she would make it easier for me to support her and be happy for her.  She just seems so scattered and all over the place.  

• Love 2

It's always about Sherri in Sherri land. Jenny looking at wedding dresses, Sherri big mouth. Derek on the show, segment ends with Sherri dancing with him, blah blah blah on and on. Same old same old. Monday's show was ok, hmmmm. 

• Love 1

Sherri announces the role of Step Mother the same day she becomes a mother to a child she is trying to forgo responsibility for.

kinda ironic

Edit:

OMG LuckyBitch I just saw your comment..... how does it feel to think like me??  hahahhaa

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 3

Sal ‏@SalfromtheD now

Today my son was born. I can't stop smiling from looking at this little miracle. I got you L.J. Daddy has got you :)

Oh yeah.  Daddy has got you because Sherri paid for you.  Blech!

• Love 7

Sherri announces the role of Step Mother the same day she becomes a mother to a child she is trying to forgo responsibility for.

kinda ironic

Edit:

OMG LuckyBitch I just saw your comment..... how does it feel to think like me??  hahahhaa

Ha ha, @RogerFromOhio

• Love 1

Meanwhile, Sherri's been tweeting her little drama tonight. Damn, she seems to have issues with people very often:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  4h
At a carnival & Jeffrey asked the guy a question - he told Jeffrey he talks too much - I am beyond pissed - going over there right now

Went to guy and told him "you don't ever tell a child he talks to much and he said 'he does'" I said "you are a nasty, rude & unhappy man

I told the guy "I don't know what you didn't accomplish in your life but don't ever put your issues on a child - it's unacceptable"

The guy said he was sorry and I said "don't tell me tell my son" I brought Jeffrey over and he apologized To him

H Jackson ‏@lena1893  4h
@SherriEShepherd Stop.  Dont show Jeffery your response. Good time to teach son about people and how to handle it with dignity and grace.

@lena1893 I did explain to Jeffrey that the carney didn't mean to tell him he talked too much - that he was tired and unhappy.

@lena1893 then I left Jeffrey w my nephew & went and told the carney off. You don't tell a child he talks too much if you're not his parent

Overreaction much, Sherri?

And, why does this need to be on Twitter? She needs to get the eff over herself. Too bad the guy didn't tell her to Go f*ck yourself, bitch.

That's assuming any of this is even true. With her track record it's either not true or very embellished. She probably wants something to rant about on the show tomorrow.

• Love 4

If everything had been acceptable at ABC and she was returning in Sept. I have to think her feelings about the baby would be different. I don't think the network would find it normal to reject a birth she is contracted to be a mother to.

I'm not saying they would have interfered in Sherri's divorce but I really don't think they'd put up with her saying in public--or in print-- that she didn't want to pay support. And maybe she hasn't done that yet but it's been made pretty clear that this is what she's thinking.

Maybe it's a tactic but it would be pretty controversial to have a daily talk host with this kind of outlook about her newborn.

• Love 1

Sherri retweeted this tweet tonight:

Retweeted by Sherri Shepherd

Ent. Prescription @EntPrescription  ·  10h
Just like that she's back! @sherrieshepherd fresh off her exit from #TheView Sherrie will now be… http://instagram.com/p/rVBbTcgVL-/

When you click the link to Instagram, you get this:

ja10K15.png

entertainmentprescription

11 hours ago
Just like that she's back! @sherrieshepherd fresh off her exit from #TheView Sherrie will now be taking her talents to Broadway starring in #CinderallaOnBroadway alongside @kekepalmer (as we previously reported) as her wicked stepmother "Madame". She announced it today on The View. This is groundbreaking as it will be the first predominantly African American run of Cinderella on Broadway! This is one of two crescent victories for our beloved Star as she also won her custody battle over her nine year old Jeffrey Jr. against her first Ex-Husband Jeffrey Tarpley! We couldn't be happier to see her rising above the ashes! #WhenJesusSayYesNobodyCanSayNo #PushThruSherrie #SherrieShepherd #SayYes #Cinderella #WontHeDoIt #JesusFixedIt

Very odd to make this Broadway announcement and also mention her custody case, and then throw in the Jesus hashtags.

Hmm, they forgot to mention the new baby.

ETA:  This is their description on their Instagram page:

entertainmentprescription
Entertainment Prescription Your Entertainment Prescription for Urban & Pop Culture Trends. Get your daily dose! Business Email: EntertainmentPrescription@gmail.com http://www.entertainmentprescription.com

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 2
(edited)

Meanwhile, Sherri's been tweeting her little drama tonight. Damn, she seems to have issues with people very often:

And, why does this need to be on Twitter? She needs to get the eff over herself. Too bad the guy didn't tell her to Go f*ck yourself, bitch.

That's assuming any of this is even true. With her track record it's either not true or very embellished. She probably wants something to rant about on the show tomorrow.

Classic- Misplaced anger

Can't show her emotions about the baby's arrival- someone/ something else gets the backlash 

I will admit that I had incidents like this while in a horrible marriage/ going through divorce

(a cashier at CVS giving me the wrong change for a $20 (one morning) and then telling me I hate to wait for the store to close that evening for her drawer to be counted was the recipient of my over the top anger)

BTW-  As a mother, I would never let my son have an unsupervised conversation with a carnival worker! What was Sherri thinking?

Edited by springtime
  • Love 3

I guess we now know "Tuesday" was indeed yesterday. I hope the baby is healthy.

That carnival story makes Sherri look like a projecting fool in my opinion. Poor Jeffrey.

I have to wonder if Jeffrey is going to spend time with his dad before school starts again. Normally Sherri let's that trip be known and I don't recall it happening this summer.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2

Ummm...Sherri really needs a counselor, someone she can talk to privately.

Seriously. I don't think someone of her status should be taking issues like this and spreading them on Twitter.

In my opinion, Sherri talks too much. As much as Whoopi annoys me, she was right in trying to advise Sherri to keep her business off the streets; stop with the Tweets and selfies, stop discussing her private personal romance on air (said in a roundabout way)

I know Sherri wouldn't take my advice (like she didn't Whoopi's or the Nanny 911's) but seriously that is what I'd recommend. A personal, professional counselor.

And I would have not handled the situation the way she did. I agree; too over the top.  Yes the carny was a jerk. Yes I understand hurting for your child. And as a mom,  I understand wanting to protect them.  But she made it into something way more than it needed to be.

Edited by Stacee
  • Love 4

BTW-  As a mother, I would never let my son have an unsupervised conversation with a carnival worker! What was Sherri thinking?

I think we established a loooong time ago Sherri does NOT think most of the time.  So I guess Jeffrey was talking to this guy and Sherri was far enough way she didn't hear the conversation?

That carnival story makes Sherri look like a projecting fool in my opinion. Poor Jeffrey.

The carnival story makes Sherri look like someone who thrives on drama.  I swear she craves it.  And if it doesn't happen naturally she will cause it.

If everything had been acceptable at ABC and she was returning in Sept. I have to think her feelings about the baby would be different. I don't think the network would find it normal to reject a birth she is contracted to be a mother to.

I would agree with that.  As it is I think ABC is probably less than thrilled with the media coverage surrounding Sherri.  Some people might think any attention to boost ratings is good but this whole thing is just distasteful.  Sherri allegedly turning her back on a baby she is contracted to be the mother of is so hard to comprehend.  How do you go from one day telling Parade magazine how happy you are about becoming a mother again to nope, I don't want the baby anymore?  I understand she is unhappy about how her marriage turned out but that baby is not responsible for that. 

• Love 5

Love what "D Listed" said, maybe Sal can teach a class called "Gold Digging 101."

Here's the thing about Broadway, it's a business.  And the main thing is to get people's butts in the seats.  The truth is that people will pay to see a  movie or TV "star" on Broadway, even if they're on the Z list.

• Love 5

This is funny too,

"Lamar was there during the birth of his son and a source (read: Lamar using a hospital pay phone because Sherri cut off his cell phone)

LOL!!!!

Wait, I was reading some of the comments at DList; has it  definitively been confirmed that Sal's ex-girlfriend is/was the surrogate?

Because if so....wow.

Edited by Stacee
  • Love 1

Wait, I was reading some of the comments at DList; has it  definitively been confirmed that Sal's ex-girlfriend is/was the surrogate?

Because if so....wow.

I don't know if it is true or not, but something caused Sherri to just stop mid-stream and get the hell out.  It had to be something drastic I think, because her #christianity, #Jesuswillworkitout, would have had her go to pastoral counseling to try to work it out.  Or did Sal file for separation first and then Sherri filed for divorce?  I'm getting confused.  I know there was allleged cheating on Sal's part, but by now cheating should be old hat for Sherri.

• Love 2

Because if so....wow.

This rumor just won't go away so I'm inclined to believe there is some truth to it.  And if it is true then Sherri is even dumber than I originally thought.  Either she knew from the start and didn't think it would be problem or she didn't know at first and then found out.  If she didn't know then she is a complete moron.  If you are having someone become pregnant with your child wouldn't you want to know who they are and what kind of life they live?

More and more I'm believing Sherri just blindly went into the surrogate contract listening to whatever Sal told her.  So while I can understand her claim of being defrauded but as is often said "stupidity is not a defense."  I'm sure Sherri would like to believe that she was hoodwinked/taken advantage of by Sal but the truth she chose to ignore numerous red flags.  Hell, WE all saw them  At some point she is going to have to take responsibility for the poor choices she has made and hopefully learn from them.  Because if she doesn't I see a marriage/divorce #3 in her future.

• Love 5

If this is the same ex-girlfriend that was in Sherri/Sal's wedding party then is Sherri even dumber than we give her credit for, did she not meet & interview many potential surrogates, this just gets fishier :)

• Love 1